My Female Alpha

By badroommate

a thick-skinned alpha persevering in a male-dominated society. a wandering shy girl with stars in her eyes. _... More

|| playlist ||
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR

SEVEN

13.8K 587 94
By badroommate

emery

I touch up my pink lipstick and adjust my uniform in the bathroom mirror.

I've been at work for a few hours now but I can barely focus. Thinking a quick break would help, I snuck off into the employee bathroom and freshened up my makeup.

Leveling my eyes in the mirror, I practice a smile. The gesture falls pathetically flat. I can't even pretend to feel okay like I usually do.

Since I opened my eyes this mornings, thoughts about Brian and the mysterious crazy lady have occupied my mind. I just can't come to terms with whatever I witnessed last night.

Why did Brian have to leave? Who is that woman that she can just make him go? And what the hell is he?

I know I saw something. I just don't know exactly what it was or how he's connected to it.

"Em," says Calla as she peeks into the bathroom. "You've got a table."

Slipping the tube of lipstick into my apron pocket, I turn towards her with a brief smile.

We haven't talked about the kiss. I still don't know how I feel about it. On the one hand, it felt nice to feel desired and to be kissed. Calla was charming.

I just didn't feel the way I expected to for my first kiss. There's just something missing between us and I don't know what it is.

Our drama evaporates for a moment as I realize what she's said.

"A table?"

"Alex said you were starting with tables today, didn't he?" Her brows furrow.

I can't help but sputter with surprise: "Uh, yeah . . . but I haven't had one all day? I thought I'd still be bussing and doing dishes."

"Nope. Morgan said this table is for you," she says with a smile. "Remember what to do?"

I roll my eyes. "I think I can handle it."

She leans down from the few inches of height she has on me and kisses my cheek. My skin flushes instantly.

She pats my shoulder with a wink. "Go get 'em, Em!"

A deep breath settles some of my nerves as I stride out to the diner. I fetch an order pad from the ordering booth and twirl over to Morgan.

"Which table is mine?" I ask her.

It's pretty busy at the moment, which is probably why I've finally been promoted. I'm not about to let this opportunity pass me by.

"Eleven." Her eyes bounce around nervously. "Be cautious, okay?"

I study her face for a moment. She's not just nervous; she's terrified. I shake off her vibes and head toward my assignment.

The man facing me in the booth is blonde with dark blue eyes and a reddish lumberjack beard. He's traditionally pretty attractive for a thirty-something.

His companion has long, silky dark hair and an athletic stature from the back. Probably his girlfriend.

I need to get a man so I can stop being so confused, I note to myself.

Just as I introduce myself and smile at the man, the hairs on my neck stand. I suddenly realize who I am about to look at. My heart jumps into my throat. Still smiling, I face my second customer.

Everything goes still. I feel the air push into my lungs, but it's an automatic reaction. I'm not in control at all.

She's here. Sitting at my table.

I try to focus on her face, but my mind is racing.

"Hello, love. What a pleasure to meet again," she speaks in a lilting low voice. Her ruddy lips are peeled back in a knowing smirk and those glittering diamond eyes are like portals I can't escape.

"Uh, yeah," I choke out nervously.

Don't freak out. Don't freak out. OH MY GOD. Is she here to scare me away too?

Shaking my head, I force myself to smile back at the man. "So what can I get y'all started with?"

"A water for me," the man says.

I reluctantly turn back to her, giving in to the craving to see her face. Her hands clasp over the table while she smirks up at me. The bronze skin taut over her knuckles is scarred but somehow it emphasizes her leanness and makes her seem tough.

I desperately squeeze my thighs together to ease the heavy throb between them.

"Emery, love?"

My gaze snaps up to her face. She's still smirking but her eyes are softer now.

"I said I'd like a coke," she says.

"Great!" I summon a hasty smile. "I'll give you both a moment to check out the menu and I'll be right back with your drinks."

I hustle to the break room and melt into a chair. Calla hops up from hers.

"What's the matter?" she asks. "That bad?"

"Fucking hell," I wheeze.

"What? What is it?"

"It's that woman from the party. She's here with a man." For some reason, that little detail tastes like battery acid in my mouth.

Calla gasps. "What? I can't believe Morgan gave you that table! Conniving little bitch is trying to get you killed!"

She turns to storm out of the room but I grab her wrist.

"It's fine," I say. "Calla, it's fine. I can handle it."

"Bullshit! We shouldn't have to serve that woman after what she did to our friend. Thank fuck Deja isn't here."

I nod. If she was here, I can't imagine how she would've handled seeing the woman. What are the chances she would just show up here?

None, I think.

No chance it's a coincidence. She came here for a reason, and somehow I know that reason is me.

Still gripping Calla's wrist, I stand up and gather myself. I loosen my grasp.

"Let me do this," I tell her. "I can handle it."

Calla scowls. She twists her face away and pulls her hand free. "Whatever. The second I think that bitch wants to pull something, I'm raising hell."

"Fair enough." I grab the order pad and speed out to the drink machine.

As I prepare the water, I look for the Coke label. My stomach drops. There isn't any coke. The diner only sells Pepsi products.

Now I have to tell her we don't have coke.

Shit.

Pinching my eyes shut, I grab the water and straw and march over to the table. The woman's eyes track me the whole way.

Smiling, I place the water down and turn to the raven beauty.

"I'm so sorry," I say, "but we only have Pepsi products. Is Pepsi okay?"

"It's fine. I'll take a sweet tea instead."

"Got it. Again, terribly sorry about that." I glance between them with a smile. "Have you decided on food yet?"

The man nods, while she says, "Yes. I know exactly what I'd like to eat."

I look at her, stunned by the sultry tone of her words. They were far beyond the realm of food. My panties feel very full all of a sudden.

She smirks for a brief moment before I saw her nostrils flare. Her eyes widen and the cocky grin melts away.

For a second, I think she's about to grab me by the throat.

"I'll take the Reuben," the man orders, interrupting the intense moment.

"Fries okay with that?" I try not to show how relieved I am to no longer be looking at her.

"Sure. Extra ketchup, please."

When I turn back to the woman, her eyes float down to my mouth. I pretend not to notice or overthink what the hell that means.

"For you, ma'am?" I ask.

Her tongue slips out to wet her lips and I feel that tingling all over my body. How is that sexy? Stop it, body!

"The burger special should do it," she finally says, adding an almost silent "for now" to the end of her request.

"Perfect. I'll put the order in and be back with your food shortly." I whirl off before I get lost staring at the woman again.

I wish I knew what she wants from me. Or why she makes my body feel the way it does.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 811 41
~ A darkness is spreading across the wolves territories, and Phoenix is the only thing standing in the way. However, she's missing her other half, he...
11.1K 275 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...
102K 2.9K 17
The story of 2 girls having each other backs as sisters in a werewolf community helping along with their parents. Keeping their family safe. What wil...
2M 53.1K 41
TITLE CHANGE! Renamed from "He's A Werewolf, My Mate, Oh, and Also The Alpha King! Carter is a beautiful, strong, determined young wolf in her pack...