Queen Of The Mob

By AuggiePooh_

After surviving an abusive relationship, Rosalyn Perez is still looking for happiness in life. When her best... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 8

444 17 0
By AuggiePooh_

Rosa

Despite the chilling note I received from Dylan, two weeks had passed and nothing has happened. I was extremely jumpy and on high alert as I kept receiving notes. Paul was doing his best at staying by my side and I was partially convinced that's why Dylan hasn't attacked yet.

So because of that I never left Paul's side, but at the same time, it felt like Dylan was winning. I felt like prey being constantly watched by its predator. He was playing with me, probably enjoying the fact that I was squirming. I was still his victim and I didn't want to be anymore. I wanted to feel free and in control of my own life, but Dylan was still here watching me from the sidelines. And I didn't want to have to rely on Paul or any man to make me feel safe. I really want to be able to do it myself, but realistically I can't. Dylan was a pretty big guy and overpowered me almost always. Even with the new things I've learned from Charlie, I don't think I could take him.

Speaking of Charlie, he was flying in this week for some 'business, but I was excited to see him again. We have been talking on the phone almost every day, which was normal because we were pretty good friends now. But I also haven't talked to my best friends since 3 days after I arrived here. But they're both married and busy.

Currently, I was stirring around my pasta as Paul searched my apartment for anything suspicious. Since Dylan keeps getting in despite the constant lock changes, Paul was doing some investigating. We had set up a camera, but Dylan destroyed it and took it with him. "Rosa eat. You need your strength at all times."

Paul has become much more talkative as we spent almost all of our time together, he was like an overprotective uncle. "I'm not hungry anymore." I push my plate across the counter and rest my head. "What's this about? You're always hungry." He asks as he takes a seat next to me.

I chuckle, "No I'm not, and nothing I just don't feel like eating."

He nods, "If you say so, you should start getting ready for bed. Long day tomorrow, you need your rest." I look over at him and laugh, "You know you're not my dad right?"

He nods again, "Yes but I am still here to protect you, and look out for your general well-being." I get up from my seat and put my plate in the fridge, "Yes father good night."  I say sarcastically. He waves me off as I head to my bedroom to get ready to sleep.

After completing my routine I get into bed, leaving my lamp on. Paul had ditched the apartment and just started sleeping on my couch as the notes increased. I had a finance report presentation tomorrow and it was going to be an extra-long day at work.

I hadn't fallen asleep until around 3:30 in the morning, and then I woke up for work around 6 am. I got up and got myself ready for the day as Paul made some phone calls in the living room. He brewed coffee and we both headed out to my place of work. Paul had started pretending to act as a new security guard at my office to lower any suspicions of his constant lurking.

"Rose!!" An irritating voice calls out from behind me. "What is it Katherine?" I ask not bothering you turn around. "I heard Mr. Johnson is asking for you, what did you mess up this time?"

I get up from my seat and grab my things, "Probably nothing as big as the mistake the surgeon made on your nose job." She gasps as I walk away with a smirk on my face. Paul walks ahead of me as we both enter the elevator to the top floor. I wonder what the boss could want? Was my presentation no longer needed? Did he want to make changes? I hope not I worked really hard on this one.

I knock on the office door as my boss calls out for me to come in. Sitting across from Mr. Johnson was a younger man in a suit. I could only see the back of his short-length hair, but as he turned around I saw his face. My eyes widened as Charlie smirked at me from his seat. "Rosa welcome, this is Mr. Alvarez. He's interested in investing in our company and wanted to hear the finance report before the meeting this afternoon." My boss says.

"Oh um, okay. Should I set up the board room?" I ask. Charlie shakes his head, "Here should be fine, Rosa was your name correct?" I stare at him as he smiles innocently at me, "Yes that's my name, Mr. Alvarez."

"Why don't you get set up Rosa, Mr. Alvarez is a very busy man." I grit my teeth behind my fake smile, "Of course sir." I walk over to the computer and set up the projector before beginning my presentation. Charlie sat with his leg crossed as Mr. Johnson stood behind him patiently.

Charlie stared at me the whole time I presented, not once looking at the projected screen. What was he getting at? Why was he here? At my office? By the time I finished, I flicked on the lights and turned off the projector. "Any questions?" I ask.

Mr. Johnson looks down at Charlie, hoping for a pleasant reaction. "That was wonderful Rosa, I'm very impressed." He turns to Mr. Johnson, "Let's talk numbers."

Mr. Johnson nods excitedly, "Of course Mr. Alvarez. Rosa back to your desk and prepare for your next presentation this afternoon." Charlie shakes his head, "No need, I plan on buying the whole company."

"What?" Mr. Johnson and I exclaim at the same time.

"As I said before, let's talk numbers. It was nice meeting you Rosa."

Mr. Johnson shoos me out of the office urgently before shutting the door. Paul was waiting outside the door patiently. "Did you know he was here?" I ask him. He nods.

"And you couldn't warn me?" He shakes his head, "I follow orders."

I groan before heading back down to my workspace. After hours of working at my desk, it was nearing 5:30 pm. Most people had packed up and left but there still a few of us left behind. I begin packing up my things as I notice Charlie exiting the elevator. He makes eye contact with me before smirking and walking down the stairs.

I grab my stuff and follow him with Paul right behind me until we reach the parking garage. It was almost empty and Charlie gestured for me to follow him into the car. "What are you doing here! I thought you were coming at the end of the week?" I ask as I get into the car.

"I came to surprise you, I bought the company. Surprise!"

I shake my head, "For what reason?"

"Well I needed to add some more companies to my name, and this company seems to be doing pretty well according to your report."

I quirk my eyebrow, "There are thousands of companies to choose from. What's the real reason?"

He chuckles, "Well since you asked, I'm relocating the company to New Jersey. Well a new branch in New Jersey, and now you can move back without losing your job."

I stared at him in shock, "You're telling me, you bought a whole company just so I could move back home?"

He nods, "You're welcome."

I hit him on the arm, "Ow what was that for?"

"Why would you do that!"

He scoffs, "If I offered to get you a job in Jersey I knew you would say no, now this way I didn't get it for you. And I really did need some more companies to own."

I sigh, "Charlie you're an idiot."

"Still haven't heard a thank you." He mumbles.

I smile, "Thanks Charlie."

"No problem at all. Now let's go pick up something to eat and check out this apartment of yours." He starts his car and pulls out of the parking garage. Paul starts up my car and follows behind us. "What are you in the mood for?" Charlie asks as he drives us down the busy streets of Seattle.

"Burgers?" I ask. He smiles, "It's like you read my mind."

We pull up to a drive-through called Pick-Quick Burger that I had recommended. "I'll get a double deluxe cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake." I tell Charlie as he looks over the menu. "How are you still so small?" He asks. I hit him on the shoulder as he laughs.

He orders our food and pulls up to the cashier at the first window. "That'll be $17.25." I pull out my debit card and lean over Charlie to give it to the lady before he can. "What are you doing?" He asks with his card in his hand. "You just bought a whole company, you've spent enough today." He chuckles before handing me a $20 bill. "I can't let you pay."

I give it back to him, "I want to."

The woman in the window interrupts us, "Um I would keep that twenty, your card got declined." I gasp as she hands over the card and Charlie gives her his. I pull out my phone to check the balance on my account. And to my surprise, there was a notice. "It's frozen?" I say quietly as Charlie gets our food.

"What is?"

"My account." I open up my other apps and notice the same thing, "All of my accounts are frozen!" Suddenly a message pops up on my phone.

Unknown: Guess there's nowhere to run now Rosie.

I dropped my phone onto my lap completely frozen. "Rosa?" Charlie asks. He picks up my phone and reads the message. His teeth are gritted as he drives away from the restaurant and toward the freeway. "Where are we going?" I ask when I realize this isn't the direction to my apartment. "My place, we're catching that bastard tonight whether you want me to or not."

He pulls out his phone to call someone, "Paul I'm taking her to my place. Stay at her apartment to see if he shows up, then kill him."

"Charlie I-" 

He cuts me off, "I don't want to hear it Rosa, this man is torturing you. It's been going on for too long and I'm ending it now."

"I don't want you to end it!" He turns to me with a questioning look. "What?"

I sigh, "I don't want you to be the one who ends this, it has to be me."

He lets out a frustrated sigh, "And how do you plan on doing that? Waiting until he comes for you? Then what? You think you can sit him down and ask nicely?" His voice was raised and he had pulled over to the side of the road. He hits the steering wheel angrily, "Rosa he will kill you!"

I stare at him wide-eyed in fear and he sighs after seeing my face. "Rosa, please let me handle it."

I shake my head, "I can't Charlie. I don't want you to handle everything. You've already bought the company I work for, I've seen this all before remember? I'm my own person and I don't need you to handle all my problems."

He sighs, "This is so much more than your independence, this is life or death." He lays back against his seat, "At least tell me how you plan on handling this."

I let out a deep breath before speaking, "I don't have a plan yet."

He shakes his head before starting the engine again, "Then I guess I won't be letting you out of my sight."

———————

Please vote hehe.
-AuggiePooh_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 1.9K 72
[Book 1] Stella and her father had no choice but to move in with her Uncle Timo, in New York, in refuge, after witnessing her mom's murder, as a chil...
1.6M 73.5K 135
Fiction Awards Winner in 2017 & Crystal Awards Winner 2016 Please read this book after Book 2: A Mob Boss's family but also this bo...
304K 8.3K 45
Victoria Hale had everything she ever wanted in life. She was the daughter of a multi-millionaire, with a loving family. Every girl wanted to be her...
252K 17.6K 38
Meet Jessica 'Jessie' Basset, the beast of a lawyer the country of South Africa has ever seen. She has carved her name into the books of the 'go-to-l...