Crystallized Truth

By EinfaAsshi

In an age of technology of extensive discoveries, Dehradun is a city in India defying science and nature ever... More

Prologue
Cast & Intro
Chapter 1 - Welcome To Dehradun
Chapter 2 - Meeting Eachother
Chapter 3 - A Bad Start
Chapter 4 - Weird Relations
Chapter 5 - Bonfire and Fireworks
Chapter 6 - Stirring Feelings
Chapter 7 - Stirring Hearts
Chapter 8 - Art of Closeness
Chapter 9 - Dinner and Darkness
Chapter 10 - Attack
Chapter 11 - Trailer
Chapter 12 - Surprisingly Surprise
Chapter 13 - New Ways
Chapter 13 (b) - New Ways
Chapter 14 - Scary Thoughts
Attention!!
Chapter 15 - Cold Evening
Chapter 16 - Liability
Chapter 16(b) - Setting stage
Chapter 17 - Slice of Truth
Chapter 18 - Arc
Chapter 19 - First Step
Chapter 20 - Confusion and Surprises
Chapter 21 - Search for Facts
Chapter 22 - Icy Flames
Chapter 22|b| - Icy Flames
Chapter 23 - A Key
Chapter 24 - Killer Power
Chapter 26 - Behind the Scene
Chapter 27 - Unrecognizable World
Chapter 28 - Chocolate and Blood
Chapter 29 - Shifting Shades
Chapter 30 - Bridges to Cross
Chapter 31 - Suffocating Thoughts
Chapter 32 - Cunning of Fox
Chapter 33 - Battling Each Other
Chapter 34 - Murderer or Not
Chapter 35 - Acquaintance of Past
Chapter 36 - A New Twist

Chapter 25 - Silver Lining

137 13 15
By EinfaAsshi

The poems were set of words without meaning. Ambiguous and mysterious, each and every word conveying a message that was within reach and yet Ashley failed to grasp it.

Poetry or poem always described life or nature of poet, that's what research had concluded. As for Piya, her poetry was full of imagination on blog. The poetry on pages, however, was different. As Amelia said, Piya actually used it to channel out her feelings.

Silence of world
Secret of eyes
Fear of heart
Riddle of love

Why don't you say the truth, Abhay?"

Ashley reread the footnote for fourth time. It wasn't giving any indication that Abhay could be a killer. Neither it seemed Piya knew Abhay secret.

Then what was Amelia talking about?

Flipping the page, Ashley checked others for any clue or proof in his favour.

In the burning flames
Love and life resides
A friend; when betrays
Destiny become Ashes

Why do our own turn against us? The question scribbled at the bottom.

Ashley read the poetry again but it wasn't on Abhay, he was sure. Piya was talking about something else. It seemed more related to her pain regarding the fire that was their friend and yet burnt her family.

Next was the one written on first page. Perhaps, she wrote it when it was the start of mess in their life.

And when I look at Moon
Sparkling white ball
Shrinking every night
I think of myself
Fading to blackness
As the night passes

What's wrong with me? The footnote said.

This one was strange and he couldn't assume anything by it. Something must've been wrong with Piya. Maybe something had happened.

But what?

Though her poetry didn't prove Abhay to be culprit, Ashley had to dig more in it. This was the only method to show that Abhay wasn't the killer. Other ways could jeopardize everything.

Amelia could help him better in giving different insights to the words.

Getting down from bed, Ashley walked out of room. Amelia was making bed in hall. He called her.

"Help me to understand these." Ashley said showing the notes as Amelia entered the room.

"I think I have already told everything." Amelia raised her brow not really happy of his attitude.

"I want detail." Ashley said gesturing her to sit down.

As Ashley closed the door, Amelia settled on bed. When he turned to her, Amelia was reading the hologram he forgot to close. Rushing to his smartphone, he shut the site.

"Species that survive on living being's blood?" Amelia narrowed her eyes. "I know you drink our blood but what are you getting into with this stuff?"

Ashley looked away and picked the notes.

"Simply am being open minded in researching about the prejudices and paradoxes of old lives." Ashley said, without meeting eye with her.

"Now tell me about this," Ashley said giving her notes.

Shrugging, Amelia snatched the notes. Ashley sat beside her and watched her going through poetry.

"I want you to explain, not enjoy it." Ashley said, feeling irritated.

Couldn't she be considerate to him?

"What's your problem?" Amelia glared.

"My problem is you guys ain't listening to me." Ashley said, his mouth turned down in displease.

"Don't you think its other way round? No wait, you don't even think." Amelia said getting angry. "We listened to your most illogical conclusion and you can't even believe our proofs."

"I thought you'll be better than this, Ash." Amelia stood up throwing the notes in his lap.

Shit. What had he done?

"Amelia, listen." Ashley called.

"When you think you're right, genius, then you have all night to get better understanding of these." Amelia said before slamming the door behind her.

Ashley covered his face realising his mistake. Amelia was right and he shouldn't have acted so irrationally.

Troubled, Ashley opened the archive site that described powers in detail. Various species described in length.

"Vampire and white power," Ashley muttered. "who put these things on internet? Who know this? Who?"

The screen was obscured by sudden incoming call. His father was the caller.

Anger came over his face and he cut the call. The frustration fogging his mind. Shutting the device, he hid the notes within a box.

The old man that had warned him. Ashley stopped in his tracks. How could he forget the man who had given him the vial with a warning that later helped him from those kidnappers? He had to find him. It would be his job, first thing in morning.

He could do well with the sleep for now. Pressing his throbbing temples, Ashley made way for the makeshift beds.

Everyone was asleep. Sitting on his side, right between Archie and Amelia, he looked at Amelia whose bed was at little distance from his.  Soft light illuminated her beautiful features. His fingers moved with their own mind, touching her with yearning and feeling her carefully. A smile lightened his own face.

She was gorgeous and looked serene, sleeping so peacefully. He could spend his night just gazing her.

She stirred and he retracted immediately, laying on his place.

******************

Meet me, the words were inscribed on similar pink note.

Anger burst in her veins but this time Ava had a fair control on her mind. Her fear had done enough damage and this man had done worst of him. Now it was her time to repay him with interest.

Crumbling the paper, Amelia walked in her suite hoping it to be empty. Ethan wasn't inside clearing path for her plan. She picked the dress, stalker had brought for her and changed into it.

Walking back in their combined suite, Ava collided into Archie.

"Oh, I see," Archie said taking a step back. "A date with your lover, huh?" Archie taunted.

"Am I looking good, Archie?" Ava asked, her heart burning in the flames and a smile looped on her face.

"Am sure he'll be thrilled to see you in his gifted outfit." Archie said.

"I believe so," Ava replied with a smile.

"Anyway, I came to return this." Ava said giving out the bracelet.

Archie looked at the bracelet, his face scrunched into pain and his eyes glassy. It was his first gift.

First and... Now last.

"Since everything is over between us, I don't think I can keep it anymore." Ava forced it in his hand when he stood like statue.

"Wish me luck, Archie." Ava said, "I don't want him to turn into a person like you."

"I hope you'll be happy, Ava." Archie clenched the bracelet.

"I hope same." Ava nodded.

"And I hope you won't betray him like me either." Archie gave a bitter smile.

Ava passed the smile at his remark ignoring the pinch in her heart.

"I believe he won't mind if I do." Ava said icily and turned around. "Unlike you."

Taking a deep breath, Ava walked out of the suite and shut her eyes momentarily. It went well, at least. Checking her purse, she made sure she was prepared.

Inspecting the corridor, she looked out for any sign but there was none. How would she meet him, if he wouldn't tell her where to?

Ava paced to and fro. She couldn't reach him if he wouldn't direct her. But why wasn't he dropping any hint?

Ava stopped and looked around for last time.

"Okay I know you're around. Why don't you come out?" Ava asked finally. "What kind of date is it?"

Wind whispered from the window and snow played softly. Sighing, Ava walked to the stairs and stopped short on seeing the familiar pink note. Snatching it from wall, she read it.

Room no 10

Her room was 7 and boys room was 8. Which meant it could be either here or upstairs. Her smartphone binged and she saw a message from Riva. Hurriedly messaging back, she searched for room. It appeared her room was the last on the floor. Checking the smartphone for information, she finally went on upper floor and searched for the room.

It was in the end of corridor. Much away from everyone and really silent. She couldn't even listen to the wind anymore.

Finally here she was. Just a door between her and the man who almost destroyed her life. Her fear of years stood behind these doors and she had to face the fear. No man could destroy her until she was strong to face them.

Taking a deep breath, she rang the bell. Opening of lock was heard, the door remained closed however.

Gulping down the fear, Ava held the cold knob in her slick hands. Twisting it carefully, she opened the door slowly. The darkness welcomed her sight.

Rubbing her hands on jeans to wipe the sweat, Ava stepped inside the room. It was dark yet the light from the huge window was giving a faint outlines of the objects in the room. She took a few steps inside.

Something ruffled in darkness. The door slid closed behind her. Clenching her fist, Ava held herself from making noise.

Ava turned around to look for the man, something came under her feet and she slipped down falling on something soft. She sat up straight gaining her bearings.

Lights poured in, illuminating the red roses looped around the small room and the petals spread over the bed she had fallen on.

The man appeared looming over her, she tried to stand but he leaned over her, forcing her to sit back. She leaned back, avoiding the closeness, bedsheet bunched in her fists.

"You're looking beautiful." He muttered in her ears.

Pushing him, she stood up straight.

"You scared me." Ava said trying to prevent the trembling in her voice and failing.

"I apologise. I just tried to make it romantic for you." The man stood beside her sounding not so apologetic.

Ava nodded, looking at his dark eyes that were enough to scare her. She stepped back as he stepped closer but that didn't stop him.

"Who are you?" Ava asked.

"Ah," man looked down with amused smile. "You can call me Varun."

"Why do all those stunts instead of coming in open?" Ava asked.

"Are you here for questions?" Varun raised his brow staring her suspiciously.

Ava smiled and passed him to sit on coach.

"You can't expect me to be happy without answers, now do you?" Ava asked, placing her fist below her chin.

Varun smiled and sat beside her a bit too close for her liking but she didn't care at the moment. Instead, she leaned closer purposefully.

"Now," Ava spoke staring down in his eyes. "Explain yourself."

"I like your style." Varun smirked.

"I thought there was more than like to do everything you did?" Ava countered. "Sending messages that I half understood, using different techniques to cause my breakup and yet we didn't even meet for once. Why?"

Varun chuckled, it sounded so normal yet hidden madness could be felt.

"Does it even matter now?" Varun asked, raising his hand to touch her face.

His hand was just an inch away from her cheek, Ava pushed his hand and punched him square on face. Standing quickly, she twisted his hand behind his back and smashed her sandal-clad foot on his neck.

Varun hissed in pain.

"Speak bastard, what's your game?" Ava shouted, putting a pressure on his head, the pointy heels leaving a dent on his skin.

He laughed. Ava hated the sound, it was poisonous and she wanted nothing other than to stop it somehow.

Someone knocked on the door, Ava ignored it and increased the pressure on his neck.

"Tell me before I kill you." Ava said pulling out a gun and placed it on his head.

Varun eyes widened.

"I did nothing. I just followed the orders." Varun cried.

Finally something.

"Whose orders?" Ava asked, eyes furrowed.

"First leave me. I can't breath." Varun cried.

Ava lessened the pressure but didn't leave him.

"A man in forest," Varun started. "He said..."

The kidnappers? But Why?

"What did he say?" Ava urged when Varun stopped speaking.

What were kidnappers playing on?

"He said..." Varun paused.

She was pushed by Varun. Ava gasped and before she could breath properly, Varun appeared behind her. She turned but was thrusted in wall and both of her hands twisted behind her and tied with a ribbon from decoration. Ava struggled to push him, but was held tightly and riveted in the wall.

Ava huffed, breathing deeply, ribbon cutting in her wrists. She had to do something. She couldn't lose like this.

"What?" Varun questioned. "Angry?" Varun mocked, his voice giving her chills.

"You should be." Varun agreed. "Feeling helpless, I can understand. But this time you can't win from us."

The riddles again. Was he involved with those kidnappers?

"You want revenge on Azaad, isn't it?" Ava asked, wanting to know more.

"Nah," Varun shook his head. "What will I get by taking revenge on dead people?"

Ava raised her feet to kick him, his feet moved swiftly kicking her down instead and holding her on place. His strength overpowering her just like that night.

Nearing his mouth her ears, he continued speaking. "Honestly, I don't have any issue with you. It isn't even my fight. But when it comes to taking sides, I can't take side of a rival."

His grip tightened on her hands and she could almost feel her bones crushing.

"Revenge is cheap. That too on someone who can't even stand in front of me." Varun said mocking her state and enjoying himself.

Ava shut her eyes and lowered her head only to crush it in his nose with full strength.

Varun cried in pain, his grip weakened but he didn't leave her. Using the opportunity, Ava elbowed him in stomach and gifted a kick. Pushing him, she stumbled to escape but he shoved her in wall. Her head hitting the wall, leaving stars in her sight.

He was by her side again and this time he grabbed her by hair. Ava pressed her lips so not to cry in pain.

"I see," Varun gritted in anger. "You aren't that powerless, after all."

Ava looked at his red face through the periphery. Maneuvering with her tied hands, she carefully pulled out the sharpest blade she hid in the waist band of jeans.

"You can't even imagine..." Ava answered, and jabbed the blade in his stomach.

Vansh gave out the most horrible scream she ever heard and staggered behind.

Taking the support of wall through her arm, Ava turned carefully. She watched him crying in pain, holding his stomach.

"how... silver..." Vansh hissed.

The door slammed open gaining their attention.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69 6 1
A school trip sets the stage for an unforgettable journey for nine children, each unaware of the thrilling escapades awaiting them. Among them, Abhig...
102K 7.3K 24
The lavish wedding of ASR with Sheetal Khanna, got cancelled when Khushi and Aarav reached the venue, claiming to be his wife and son. Is Khushi sayi...
252K 11.6K 57
Story start from remarriage track. Khushi was missing after her remarriage which did not happened. Where is Khushi? What happens after that? Will de...
14.1K 1K 19
When Arnav Singh Raizada, a 28-year-old man comes across a 28-year-old woman, Khushi Kiran Gupta; he becomes someone he was not. He thought his life...