๐’ฎ๐’ถ๐“Ž ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ฒ๐‘œ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐ฟ๐‘’๏ฟฝ...

By carterradams

{Book 2 of 3] ๐’ฎ๐‘’๐“†๐“Š๐‘’๐“ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐‘€๐’ถ๐“Ž ๐’ฒ๐‘’ ๐‘€๐‘’๐‘’๐“‰ ๐’œ๐‘”๐’ถ๐’พ๐“ƒ (๐’ถ ๐ฟ๐‘’๐“๐’ถ ๐“ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š) ๐™’๐™„๐™‡๐™‡ ๐˜ฝ๐™€ ๐™€๐˜ฟ๐™„๏ฟฝ... More

<< Introduction >>
one >>> prepared
three >>> trust
four >>> better off
five >>> what we can
six >>> Aden
seven >>> Indra
eight >>> on my feet
nine >>> captured
ten >>> one of us
eleven >>> in the moment
twelve >>> heard
thirteen >>> leave
fourteen >>> info
fifteen >>> radiation pills
sixteen >>> night blood island: part 1
seventeen >>> night blood island: part 2
eighteen >>> Raven
nineteen >>> overwhelming
twenty >>> offer stands
twenty-one >>> no choice
twenty-two >>> Murphy and Emori
twenty-three >>> volunteer
twenty-four >>> bear it
twenty-five >>> inside the head
twenty-six >>> bunker term
twenty-seven >>> ritual battle : part I
twenty-eight >>> ritual battle: part II
twenty-nine >>> Praimfaya
thirty >>> plan B
thirty- one >>> to be continued

two >>> city of light

5.2K 229 57
By carterradams

Her eyes open quickly as a breathe escapes her lips. Her breathe seen easily if any one was near her, but she stands alone letting her green eyes look around. Buildings tall, short and some in between surround her as she slowly begins walking on some road that resembles a bridge. She looks around her eyes cautious, her stance she holds cautious too as she's done so many times in battle. She slowly begins walking and walking feeling a presence soon behind her.

She glances over her shoulder and notices a man in a fedora and suit. Her eyes squint turning back around and walking faster. Every several seconds she glances behind her shoulder noticing the man smiling and walking towards her. And soon Lexa takes off in a sprint but stops when a bunch of people pop up. Her green eyes widen as they look everywhere. People in business suits and dresses take over the scene. Something she's never seen before considering these people's attire wasn't of grounder or sky people. She clenches her jaw looking around soon noticing the people surrounding her weren't just any people, but her people. Along with people of Skaikru.

Her eyebrows squeeze together slowly looking around, trying to find a sign of any kind to lead her to where she must go till she notices one of her people. Nik. Lexa's head tilts to the side as she quickly follows behind him and watches as he sits on a bench. She tilts her head tossing up her hand and waving it right in front of the grounders eyes but he doesn't move. He doesn't flinch.

"He can't see me", Lexa whispers, putting her hand down and quickly adverting her eyes elsewhere. There she finds the symbol of the flame on a sign ahead of her. Slowly, she cautiously walks towards it until a light turns to yellow, then red stopping her. She tilts her head and looks around slowly noticing the symbol now in some woman's hair. Lexa follows her, walking past everyone. Out of sight, out of mind until everyone stops walking causing the young commander to stop. Her green eyes quickly glance around noticing the mark of tattoos on some of the peoples faces. Her eyes go wide and she shakes her head as all of their heads turn and their eyes lock with her own. Immediately the commander takes off across a road and towards stairs. Two of the people in the city of light chase after her, managing to attack her.

Lexa dodges fast. Avoiding contact to her from left and right until one of them knock her off her feet. Her back hits the stairs roughly, causing a pained expression to spread to the girl's face. But it doesn't last long as a shout appears and the two people now lie on the ground, dead. Lexa picks herself up to a sitting position to be met with "Y/N?"

A small smile spreads to Y/N's lips as she looks to the commander, but she quickly turns and attacks the other robots with two swords. Lexa watches with amazement till Y/N finally finishes and turns, placing the swords on her back. Quickly she rushes to Lexa and holds out her hand. Lexa grabs a hold of it and they sit on the steps for a moment. A smile spreads to Lexa's lips as she quickly pulls Y/N in for a hug. Her eyes shut as does Y/N's with a small smile planted on their faces. And for a moment it's peaceful. Beautiful to be in the moment with their arms wrapped around one another but as heavy footsteps begin to approach Y/N is the first to make a move to pull away, but not too far.

"Our fight is not over," Y/N whispers looking back and forth between Lexa's eyes. Lexa nods as Y/N grabs the commander's hand and they take off running up the stairs hearing the controlled minions after them. And it's not long before they lose them for a moment running down another set of stairs, but Lexa stops once the two are almost down. She bends down, Y/N quickly following placing her hands on Lexa's shoulders looking into her eyes.

"Something's wrong," Lexa whispers, shaking her head. Lexa picks up her eyes to meet Y/N's as Y/N reaches down and grabs a hold of one of Lexa's hands giving it a tight squeeze. "I thought I'd never see you again..."

A small smile forms back to Y/N's lips as she tilts her head. "I told you we'd meet again," Y/N whispers looking back and forth between Lexa's eyes. A silence erupts into the air between the two for a moment before both of their attentions were brought to the sky.

"What's happening?" Lexa asks, her eyes scanning the sky.

"A.L.I.E knows you're here," Y/N responds, giving Lexa's hand another tight squeeze. Lexa doing the same to the young girl. "She's uploading the flame from your mind. She's changing things. Day turns to night. It rains. We must hurry." Quickly Y/N stands and holds out her hand for Lexa. Lexa takes a hold of it and she stands but before they start running again, Lexa stops Y/N pulling her back and locking their lips. They sink into it, both of them relaxing for a second. After moments they pull apart and Y/N wears a smile nodding her head.

"Listen to me...Now that the upload has begun A.L.I.E's people will be able to see us," Y/N speaks, keeping her eyes on Lexa's the whole time. "We need to be more careful."

"Why aren't they here already?" Lexa questions tilting her head.

"The flame offers protection but less and less," Y/N answers shaking her head. Lexa nods and they continue down the steps but stop when a little girl on a pink bite starts driving by. The two girls stare but notice the flame's symbol.

"Thank you Becca...We follow her," Lexa said, immediately going. Y/N right behind the commander.

<<<<>>>>

The girl leads them into a building. Riding faster than both Lexa and Y/N can run. But they come upon a fence. Y/N places her hands upon the fence looking around and turning to face Lexa shaking her head. "It's a firewall,"   Y/N said. Lexa looks away and shakes her head.

"This can't be how this ends. There's got to be another way," Lexa says, looking around.

"There's always another way Lexa. You should know that more than anyone," Y/N replies back, clenching her jaw. Lexa looks to the girl and tilts her head.

"Yeah because you taught me that..." Lexa's voice trails as Lexa looks to the ground shaking her head. "You're really in the city of light?"

"Appears so-"

"But how? There's no way for you to have gotten in here," Lexa cuts the girl off, picking her head up and locking their eyes.

"That's where you're wrong-" Y/N pauses taking a step forward. "A.L.I.E is everywhere Lexa. And you're right I don't know how I got in here. There's no explanation but I didn't know I was even in here till moments before you arrived."

"Wh-What?"

"It's like when you entered the city of light I woke up from under A.L.I.E's spell. It doesn't make any sense that I'm not acting like them out there." Y/N points to the exit and Lexa pulls back her lips and shakes her head.

"Raven." It's all that Lexa says causing Y/N to tilt her head to the side. Lexa looks to Y/N's face and nods her head. But before the commander can explain herself Jaha's voice is heard from the entrance Y/N and Lexa came in. Quickly the two girls look to the entrance spotting Jaha and people under the control of A.L.I.E. Lexa and Y/N glance to one another before looking back to Jaha.

"Lexa there's no where to run!" Jaha speaks up, stopping a while away with the minions gathering around him. "It's over! The second A.I can no longer protect you!"

"If I remove the flame will it stop the update?" Lexa asks turning to face Y/N. Y/N looks to Lexa with panicked eyes but nods her head.

"Yes, but you told me no one's ever removed the flame by choice," Y/N responds adding. "Plus if you do that, you become one of them." Silence fills the air between the two as Lexa looks away and to Jaha. All eyes were on Lexa and Y/N except Y/N's were towards the wall noticing some type of doorway appearing. "Lexa."

Lexa turns her head noticing the door. Immediately the two run towards it and Lexa begins opening it, but Y/N sees the people running towards them. "We can't let them follow us. Go! I'll hold them off," Y/N says, getting ready to go but Lexa grabs a hold of Y/N's hand stopping her.

"No Y/N! Raven can get you out too. We just have to go through," Lexa pleads. Y/N looks back and forth between Lexa's eyes shaking her head.

"It's too risky. We don't even-"

"But it's worth the risk. Please!" Lexa begs cutting the girl off once more. "I can't lose you again." For a moment they wait as Lexa looks past Y/N noticing the group of people getting closer. Y/N bites her lip hesitant but ultimately nods her head as Lexa and her go into the door and it slamming shut. Both of them jump turning around looking to the door. Y/N's eyes go wide looking around the room as Lexa soon follows. Silence stays between them but it's not long before a voice speaks.

"Commander, I'm glad you made it," a girl says causing Lexa to tilt her head at the girl. Y/N pulls out a sword and aims it at the girl.

"Y/N?" Lexa whispers, confused.

"She looks like A.L.I.E," Y/N whispers back but Lexa raises her hand pushing the sword down. Y/N slides it back into it's spot and nods looking to the girl as Lexa walks up to her.

"Becca," Lexa says walking to her.

The girl nods and says, "There isn't much time. The code is nearly updated." Lexa nods and they walk to a lever. "Now you and A.L.I.E's minds have joined together. But luckily your mind is in control. And whoever's in control gets control over the kill switch." Lexa and Y/N walk over and around Becca to the lever. Lexa places her hand on it, ready to pull it but stops when she hears a voice.

"Lexa if you can hear me...I have the code to bring Y/N back with you," Raven's voice whispers inside Lexa's mind. She shakes her head feeling Y/N's hand on her shoulder. The green eyed girl turns her head locking eyes with Y/N's only to find a concern look smeared against the girl's face.

"Now don't pull that lever," a different voice spoke causing Lexa and Y/N to disconnect their eyes. From there they're met with a woman who resembles Becca in a red dress. "You pull that lever, you're killing everyone. Look-" The woman walks over to a window and Lexa walks over looking out. "The nuclear powerplants that weren't destroyed by the bombs have begun to melt down. My drones detected the first of them four months ago. There are more than a dozen at risk plants around the world. Seven currently burning. Global radiation levels are already rising. By my calculations in less than six months 96% of the Earth's surface will be uninhabitable. Even for those born in space..." Lexa eyes flick to Y/N's eyes as Y/N's eyes flick to Lexa's. They look to one another for a long moment before hearing A.L.I.E continue. "...So you see the city of light is the only thing than can save you." 

"As you pull the lever you have to make sure you have Y/N holding your hand and keep her close," Raven's voice whispers inside Lexa's head causing the girl to look up at the ceiling. 

"Black rain comes first resulting in no drinkable water-" 

"She's stalling. As soon as the update is complete, she'll delete the kill switch," Becca interrupts A.L.I.E. 

"I am not stalling. I'm telling the truth-" 

"Why tell us now? If it's true, why not use this to get people to take the chip?" Y/N chimes in shaking her head. 

"The last time I warned my creator of the threat to human survival she chose to lock me away and came here to work on my replacement," A.L.I.E answers tilting her head to the side as her eyes went back and forth between Lexa and Y/N. "But you don't have to live with the pain of the things that you've done anymore. the lives you've taken and those you've lost-" Lexa reaches down and grabs a hold of Y/N's hand. "You will be at peace. You will live forever." 

"Running from your pain doesn't work," Lexa speaks, gently squeezing Y/N's hand. 

"Some would have to disagree with you," A.L.I.E says. Lexa shakes her head and turns to Y/N. Y/N turns back and looks to Lexa, their eyes locking. 

"Do you trust me?" Lexa whispers, asking Y/N. The young sky girl nods her head looking back and forth between Y/N's eyes. "Kiss me." 

"W-What?" Y/N whispers back her eyes flicking to A.L.I.E and Becca before looking back to Lexa. 

"10 seconds!" Becca shouts. Lexa reaches to the lever, grabbing a hold of it but keeps her eyes on Y/N. 

"Trust me," Lexa whispers once more and Y/N nods leaning forward placing her lips against Lexa's. And right as their lips lock Lexa pulls down the lever quickly with only A.L.I.E shouting no in Lexa's mind. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 1.8K 33
"๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ; ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™๐™–๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™š๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™จ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™ฃ๐™ค...
62.2K 2.3K 45
"๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ" Nova's journey continues, she is now living in Fio's cabin and training everyday, taking up new hobb...
305K 10.3K 33
{Book 1 of 3} ๐™’๐™„๐™‡๐™‡ ๐˜ฝ๐™€ ๐™€๐˜ฟ๐™„๐™๐™„๐™‰๐™‚ ๐™Ž๐™Š๐™Š๐™‰! I came to the ground being one of the 100s. Clarke Griffin kept an eye on me, they all did reall...