Childish

By Mintiyoon

How much love can a child handle? About how you, the cute reader, manages this abundance of attention. Haikyu... More

Moving Day
Pretty Cool
New Neighbours
First Day at School
It's always Lev๐Ÿ˜”
New People
Some Pain :)
Bokuto's Time to Shine
Kaashi!Kaashi!Kaashi!Kaashi!
Special #1
Special #2
Exam Week Oh LorD-
The Start of TRAINING CAMP!
Finally, Some Time to Relax!
Spin The Bottle?
Karasuno Crumbs
Special #2.1
Special #2.2
End of Training Camp
We Love Some Filler
Special #4
The Commandments are Broken
A Lot Happened Maybe?
Hmmmggmm Title

Nekoma's Little Manager

7.1K 354 240
By Mintiyoon

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

"This is a bad idea,"

"We know Asahi, you've said that at least ten times already," Nishinoya rolled his eyes at his friend's meek statement.

"But why are you still doing it?" the delicate boy asked.

"Yanno Asahi, at the end of the day, this is gonna do more good than bad," Nishinoya flashed a wide smile and him, "Now, let's go Ryu!"

The bald male returned his friend's smile and they tip-toed away from the rest of their team, the tallest one of the three watching them leave.

During practice, a certain Karasuno captain noticed two of their members missing.

"I don't quite know why but I've got a bad feeling about this one," he grumbled.

"Tanaka and Nishinoya have gone to the toilet! Besides don't you always have a bad feeling about them?" Asahi shouted, the adrenaline in his body bursting at the seams. 

Startled by the outburst, the two other third years turned to him. He fumbled about, just as startled as they were even though was the reason.

"Uhm yeah, I suppose," Daichi shrugged it off.

"Man, I didn't think you had it in you. For a second there you sounded as intimidating as you look!" Sugawara teased him.

Asahi stood still, waiting for his body to leave its fight or flight mode.

He would never cover for those two ever again (that was a lie and he knew he'd be doing this again someday).

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

"Ryu, do you see this?"

"Yes bro...beautiful!"

"KIYOKO-SANNNN!" the two simps cried out as they saw their favourite manager going to refill some water bottles.

"No, w-we must focus!" Tanaka painfully ripped his eyes away from their manager and stealthily tip-toed across to where they last saw a child.

Their eyes scanned for [name] where Nekoma was practicing but couldn't find him. Ah wait, they saw him. Time to set their plan in motion.

So, just where did [name] go?

Simple, [name] saw all the other managers doing their duties and filling up water bottles and decided to do it too. He eyed the distance between the taps and the gym, hmmmmm it didn't look too far.

He carefully arranged some of the bottles into a tray making sure they were in neat rows all lined up. He lifted the tray up and hoisted it away. The members, busy playing, didn't pay too much attention to this.

He reached the taps and looked back to where his team was playing to make sure it was still ok. He used a stall to reach a comfortable height to fill the bottles from and slowly filled each one and put it back into it's place on the tray.

After managing to get all of them done, he wiped his hands on his shirt. Some of the water had got onto him but it would dry off soon. He stepped down from the stool and put it back where he found it. 

He stood over the tray of full bottles and tried to lift it up again. Unfortunately, he didn't think this out. After filling all the bottles, they were heavy. He tried to lift it up a few more times but only managed to knock some bottles over. He hurriedly stood them upright and stood over the tray again, thinking about how to do this.

[name] had decided on carrying two bottles at a time - maybe even three if he tried hard enough. He took two in his hands and headed back.

Until two figures blocked his path.

"Hey little pal, we don't mean no harm," the bald one spoke with such ferocious eyes.

"Yeah, no harm done if we just chat a little," the shorter one had a wide grin that could be seen as crazed.

[name]'s hands tightened around the bottles and he gingerly stepped back.

"Just a little..." the two stepped towards him.

"What are you doing?" the feminine voice snapped them out if it and they flinched, jumping towards [name] in shock.

"K-KIYOKO-SAN?" they exclaimed.

[name] also felt very shocked at the new voice and especially at the two males that leapt towards him. 

He ran.

Abandoned the bottles and absolutely sprinted away from them.

"Wait-" the three older teens worriedly chased after him.

This caused him to increase his speed. Obviously he couldn't outrun the others but their momentary surprise gave him enough leeway.

Though, to stay as far away from them he didn't notice that the direction he ran to wasn't his own team's.

Looking back, [name] noticed how close the three were and his breathing quickened in panic and he didn't realise that he was running into someone-

"Oof!"

Yachi felt a small body slam into her own and was knocked over with the smaller body going down with her.

The team looked towards the commotion to find their first year manager on the floor with a child buried in her jacket.

After snapping out of her stupor, Yachi unzipped her jacket only for the child to squeak and come out to run to behind the behind a bench.

She got up and looked at the kid, puzzled.

"A-are you alright?" she asked him.

[name] froze up and managed to give a small nod to her.

The Karasuno team looked around hesitantly before offering Sugawara to the child.

The grey haired male crouched down before the bench, "Hi, [name] was it?

[name] felt like a robot, constantly nodding mechanically.

"Do you maybe wanna play volleyball with us?" he asked.

[name] felt very tempted, especially when the golden words, 'volleyball' were spoken but looking at the members, he gulped and shook his head feverishly.

Daichi looked at the situation that was going nowhere and decided to be a responsible captain, "Well, it's time for a short break, right coach?"

Coach Ukai sighed but complied anyway.

"Hi! I'm Hinata Shoyo! I'm also friends with Kenma!" a bright orange overtook his sight. [name] felt like crying. But he wouldn't because he was trying to be stronger. So he took a deep breath and looked anywhere but Hinata.

"Boke, you're scaring him!" and angry looking boy appeared and choke slammed Hinata to the ground. [name] gasped in horror.

"Oh? It seems that the king isn't good around children~" a tall blond chimed in. 

"Shut up!" the same dark haired boy turned back to him and put on what [name] considered to be a very scary look.

It was his smile.

"BWEHEHEHE! That's terrifying!" Hinata laughed at Kageyama's attempt of a smile and [name] who cowered away from it.

At long last they decided to give him a volleyball to hold and let him watch their practice (there was no way they were going willingly return him).

"Do you play too?" Yachi asked him, sitting with him on the bench. [name] had finally allowed the two managers to come near him. He especially liked Yachi (similar vibes to him).

[name] nodded and pointed to Nishinoya faintly.

From on the court, Nishinoya managed to catch this gesture, "Woah! Do you think they're talking about me? Is this the famous girl talk?" the boy fantasized, a blush resting on his cheeks from the thought.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Nishinoya's mind circus:

"Look at that boy over there, isn't he cool!" the young boy pointed to him.

Yachi looked at him with sparkly eyes, "Yes, I cannot help but keep my eyes on that man! Nishinoya-senpai's so, so, cool and handsome!"

Kiyoko held her hand to her heart, "Yes, to tell the truth...I-I lov-"

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Pulled away with the imprint of a ball on his cheek, he rubbed it sorely.

[name] initially was shocked by the noise that resonated but found it slightly hard to suppress his giggles when seeing Nishinoya's dumbfounded face.

"Woah, you already have a position you want to be?" Yachi continued her effort of talking to [name]. He eagerly nodded whilst watching Nishinoya dive to receive. 

That was when he did it.

The famous rolling thunder.

[name] marvelled at the sight.

"Wh-what was that?" he asked, standing up and clenching his fists in front of him in awe. The team saw him ogling the receive and all of them, apart from Nishinoya and Hinata, looked at him strange. Hinata was, as always, impressed by the receive and jumped around Nishinoya pestering him to teach him.

This time though, he found himself joined by another presence asking him to teach him. [name] had walked to him for the same purpose as Hinata (pulling Yachi along for support though she was just as frazzled)

Nishinoya gaped at the child who was still not looking at him but holding out his volleyball to him.

"To think that, of all the things, he like that the best," a certain blond mused, "Then again, the three of them look like they're in the same grade,"

Yamaguchi sniggered at his friend's words finding them very comedic.

Nishinoya flared his nostrils and grinned widely, "I guess I can teach you my ways, little disciple!"

("Something feels wrong," muttered Yaku.

"Yeah, your receives!" Kuroo commented lowly.

"Shut up, I am doing just fine!")

The team decided to gather around the three children, ahem, Nishinoya, [name] and Hinata to see what they were going to do.

"The rest of you, pay close attention too!" Nishinoya declared.

Standing slightly behind Yachi, [name] still payed attention to whatever Nishinoya was saying.

He tried to memorise all the words coming out of his mouth even if he didn't understand certain things such as shoop or hwoomf. Being brought out like this, Yachi also decided to attempt Nishinoya's teachings with [name].

"Ok! Your turn!" Nishinoya announced, pointing towards them like an idol on stage.

First up went Hinata. It seemed to be going well at the start until the ball made contact with his arm and went flying off behind him.

Yachi went next, unable to resist the peer pressure. Her receive was mediocre and quite weak and her roll was alright, albeit a little wobbly. But it worked and the ball went in a more sensible direction than Hinata's. Yachi was a success.

Finally, it was [name]'s turn.

The slowly walked to the middle and squatted slightly.

Nishinoya gave him a signal and he quickly jumped into action and dove to the ground, holding his hand out desperately. He made contact with the ball and quickly tucked himself in to roll. He stood back up and looked to Nishinoya for approval.

Nishinoya squealed and gave him an excited thumbs up to which he beamed at.

The team felt oddly rewarded. As if they had reached a point in life where they had found inner peace. Their hearts were pitter-pattering (doki doki) from the adorable sight.

 ミ☆( *uωu)+.

The Nekoma team had earnestly practiced for a game and were all ready to play others.

"Hey, our water bottles are gone!" Inuoka shouted to his team mates after not finding them in their previous place.

"Huh? You think someone stole them?" asked Shibayama.

The team looked around for the bottles when another revelation hit them.

"[NAME]'S GONE TOO!" shouted Yamamoto.

"DID SOMEONE STEAL HIM TOO?" screeched Lev.

Nekoma team went into full panic mode until the calm voice of their vice-captain pulled them back.

"Think about it, if both [name] and the bottles are gone, what could this mean?" he had an idea of what happened and he was sure the other members could also figure it out.

"Someone was really thirsty so they took our water and saw [name] and decided to take him too?"

They could figure it out, right?

"Someone was really thirsty so they took our water and saw [name] and thought he was also a water bottle and took him too?"

His team could figure it out, right?

"[name] sat in the bottle tray and the thirsty person accidentally took him with them?"

Surely his team wasn't that bad?

"Someone was really thirsty so they drank [name] along with all our water?"

Surely...

"[name] was really thirsty so he drank all of our water and got super embarrassed and ran away?"

...

"The water drank [name] and ran away?"

Ok, who said that-

Kai sighed and massaged his temples, "No, [name] saw all the other managers doing their jobs and wanted to fill the bottles up for us so he decided to take them to the taps."

The team collectively cooed at the thought of their little angel taking his manager duties very seriously.

"But why isn't he back?" muttered Kenma.

"He probably couldn't carry all of the filled bottles back by himself," Kai smiled fondly at the thought.

The team collectively aaww-ed imagining their little angel being determined to bring the bottles back, no matter how heavy.

"Well we gotta help him!" Yamamoto imagined himself as a Prince Charming of sorts coming to the rescue of [name].

The team walked up to the taps but found only their bottle tray and a few discarded on the floor.

"HE WAS REALLY TAKEN!" Kai broke out of his calm suit and immediately looked around for footprints of any kind. He would be the detective Conan [name] needed right now.

"A footprint!" he pointed to the ground where there was a faint outline of a small shoe, "These are [name]'s favourite pastel Nike's that he likes to stare at for comfort and he looks so cute when he does it, like a little hamster-"

He looked up to see the other boys were already zipping off in the direction the print pointed towards and quickly ran after them.

They reached doors to another side of the gym and slammed them open.

The people inside the gym looked back to see what the disturbance was.

"WHERE IS HE! WHERE DID YOU TAKE HIM?" demanded Yamamoto.

Yaku followed him up with, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?"

"Surrender him now, Karasuno," Kuroo menacingly spat out.

[name] emerged from the back as Yachi ushered him forwards, towards the team. She felt as if something truly bad would happen if they didn't.

[name] went over to Kenma who sighed in relief and took him back quietly. The rest of the Nekoma members didn't leave so peacefully.

Kuroo decided to walk backwards out of the doors with an eerie smile to the Karasuno members.

Yaku also walked backwards making sinister gestures towards Karasuno.

The first years arranged themselves into a formation around [name] and they walked back, staring cautiously around.

The rest of the team put their backs against the wall near the door as if they were sneaking around and slipped out, sending threatening looks towards Karasuno before their heads disappeared from the doorframe. 

"Well then..." Coach Ukai awkwardly cleared his throat, as if doing that would help him forget that weird encounter.

For the rest of the day, [name] was kept in Nekoma's eyesight at all times.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Extra:

[name] tugged on Yaku's sleeve to gain his attention to which Yaku responded to more than eagerly.

"I learnt a new receive!" [name] excitedly informed him.

"OH, wanna show?" he asked.

[name] nodded and went slightly back  and into a ready position.

The Nekoma team gathered around, also wanting to see [name]'s new skill.

Yaku gently threw him a ball where [name] had gestured him to and [name] dove towards it and hit it before rolling and getting back up again, though slightly shaky. He frowned slightly, not satisfied with the quality of the save but he turned to all of the members to see what they thought.

They were crying.

[name] gasped, was it that bad?

"D-did you guys see that?" sniffled Lev.

The rest of the team nodded as more tears flowed down their faces.

Kenma replayed his recording on his phone of [name] cutely doing a roly-poly and standing back up on his slightly wobbling legs.

"Play it again!" sobbed Kuroo, peeking over Kenma's shoulder. Kenma readily complied and played it over and over again. It didn't ever seem to get old.

[name] didn't know why they were doing that but he at least knew they weren't upset due to the kisses he had gotten on his cheeks from Yaku.

Coach Naoi wiped a stray tear off the corner of his eye before turning to the other coach and coughing into his fist, "They're so immature,"

But his eyes widened to see a single streak of tears flow down the side of Coach Nekomata's face. He decided not to comment on it.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

That overran quite a bit, huh.

Not checked so tell me if I wrote anything wrong pls. If something doesn't make sense pls point it out, this was done between my Spanish homework so idk if some of that got into here.

I wanted to do so much more with Karasuno but then this happened, oh well, this is only the first day of training camp...

Welp, eat this one up luvs x

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

435K 15.3K 35
"๐‘บ๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’—๐’†๐’” ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’š๐’๐’–. " "๐’€๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’Š๐’”๐’‰, ๐’”๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’ƒ๐’—๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’”๐’๐’š ๐’‡๐’Š๐’๐’…๐’” ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‚๐’” ๏ฟฝ...
561K 11.8K 34
สทสฐแตƒแต— แต—สฐแต‰ แต—โฑแต—หกแต‰ หขแตƒสธหข Includes: Any character Fluff Angst Small interactions And other things *I only update* โ€ขwhen I'm free โ€ขNot busy โ€ขor not lazy the...
181K 4.7K 20
เญง โ‹…โ”Š๐—ก๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜†๐—ฎ ๐—ฌ๐˜‚๐˜‚ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ฎ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ? ๐—ข๐—ต ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐—น๐—น ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ.. "๐—›๐—˜๐—˜๐—›...
14.3K 381 14
๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ. . หš * * ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ โŠน หš . ใ€€ใ€€. โŠน ยท โœง ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€* * . ใ€€ใ€€ โŠน โœฆ ใ€€ โœต ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€* * .ใ€€ ยท . ใ€€ ใ€€ *...