Stepbrother || Oikawa Tooru x...

By streetalien

Your mother leaves you for a month because of a working trip and comes back to tell you that she has met a ne... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
A/N
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 || End

Chapter 39

9.2K 328 500
By streetalien

The next morning you were woken up by a gentle kiss on your forehead and someone stroking your hair.

"Mom?" You asked, your eyes still closed.

Instead of your mom's voice you heard a deep chuckle.

Furrowing your eyebrows, you opened your eyes slowly and saw Oikawa smiling at you.

"I brought you breakfast, (Y/N)-chan. You must be in a huge pain right now."

'No shit, Sherlock' You thought.

"Where's my mother?" You asked, turning your back to him.

"Our parents are gone for the whole weekend. Didn't your mom tell you?" He spoke with his soft voice, stroking your hair.

Instinctively, you slapped it off your head and pulled your blanket up.

"Go out now." You said.

"(Y/N)-chan, are you okay?" His voice sounded concerned.

"You should have asked me yesterday after you did your thing. Go out now."

"But-"

"Oh my fucking god, don't make me repeat myself." You sighed, pulling the blanket over your head.

He stood up and looked at your, in blanket covered, body.

"You can always talk to me, (Y/N)-chan. Without communication I cannot know what I did wrong." He said as he walked out of the door.

You knew that he was right, but you just didn't want to talk about it now.

After hearing your door shut, you reached for your phone and checked your messages.

Your mother was gone for the whole weekend and she didn't tell you?

Was she mad at you because you stayed at your dad's?

Whatever. That only meant that you would be alone with Oikawa for the whole weekend, and that was the last thing you would want for now.

You saw that Hamaguchi texted you, so you decided to ask her to come over.

Hamaguchi
Good morning, (L/N)-san!
I figured that you must be
back by now, so I wanted
to ask how you have been.

You smiled at the message and texted back.

Hey, Hamaguchi.
Drop the -san already,
we're friends and the
same age. How about
you come over today?
We can talk about the
past week :)

Yeah, of course!
I'll be there whenever
you want!

How about you come now?
I'll be waiting for you.

Alright!

You slowly sat up and looked at the tray with breakfast on it.

Shaking off yesterday's memories, you took it and ate what he had prepared. This was the least he could do.

You went out of your room, after finishing, and brought the tray back into the kitchen.

On your way downstairs, you held the railing to support you. It still hurt, and just like Oikawa predicted: you were in pain.

Just when you put the tray on the counter, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" You heard Oikawa yell from his room.

Before you could even reach the door, he sprinted downstairs and opened it, without realizing that you were in the kitchen.

"Oh, Hamaguchi-chan. What are you doing here?" He asked.

You knew that Hamaguchi still had struggles with talking to people, even though she sat with the team and you in lunchtime.

"I invited her." You said from the kitchen, slowly walking to the door.

"Hey." You smiled at her, ignoring Oikawa.

"(Y/N)-chan, why did you leave the bed?" He hurried to you and wanted to hold you by your arms, but you slapped his hands away, again.

"What happened to you, (L/N)?" Hamaguchi quickly put her shoes off and came to help you.

"I just sprained my ankle during the camp. Nothing to take seriously." You smiled at her and let her help you go upstairs, leaving Oikawa behind.

She helped you get into bed and stood near it.

"Hamaguchi, you can sit down. No need to be shy anymore." You giggled.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I got used to being alone while you were away. It's hard talking to people again." She sat on your bed.

"Alone? You were alone the whole time?"

"Yeah, I didn't want to be with Nakayama-san, and I don't have other friends, you know."

You felt bad for her. You wanted to hug her and tell her that everything was going to be alright now.

"Well, I'm back now. Did I miss important stuff?"

You watched her get comfortable on your bed by sitting criss cross.

"We learned new stuff in Chemistry and Maths.
I took extra notes for you in every subject, so don't worry." She smiled.

"Wow, thank you. You didn't have to do that."

"But we're friends, and friends help each other out. Well, at least that's what I read."

"Don't tell me you read books about friendship?"

"You see, I've always been a loner and I don't really know what a friendship is like." She fumbled with her fingers and continued to talk after a little break.

"I don't want to make a mistake in our friendship. I really value it. It's a treasure to me." You saw her getting red.

You felt your heart soften at her words.

"Hamaguchi, that's so sweet." You smiled softly.

"But you shouldn't read books. Just do, what you think is right, and experience it at first hand. You need to have your own picture of it."

"I guess you are right."

"Do you wanna drink something?" You asked her, but she shook her head.

"I can't do much, but we could play cards or something." You suggested.

"Do you perhaps have poker cards?" She asked you.

"I've got the whole set." You winked at her and wanted to stand up, but she stopped you.

"I can get it for you. You shouldn't step on your sprained ankle."

You smiled again.

She was really the only one who made you smile this much because of her cuteness.

She dealt out the cards while you gave each of you some poker chips.

"Before we start, let's make it interesting, huh?" You smirked.

"You mean a bet?"

"Exactly."

"What do you have in mind?" She asked you.

"If I win, you'll have to be my girlfriend for the upcoming week." You smirked at her, seeing how she became red in the face.

"Just kidding." You giggled.

"Say, Hamaguchi, do you have a crush?"

"A crush?" She questioned.

"Yeah, someone you like, but more than just a friend."

"I don't really know if that's a crush what I am feeling." She said.

"Alright, if I win, I want you to overcome your shyness and confess to that person, after you made up your mind about them."

"Alright." She said quietly.

"So, what do I have to do?" You asked her.

She thought for a few seconds and then had an answer to your question.

"If I win, you'll have to prank Oikawa-san that you fell in love with him." She giggled.

Your mouth hung slightly open.

Was that Hamaguchi who was speaking right now?

"But he's my brother?" You said.

"I know, isn't it funnier that way?" She smirked.

'Hamaguchi smirked?!'

"Oh damn, I didn't think you would come up with such an idea, but okay. You should practice your confession already, cuz I'm a pro." You smirked back.

Not as innocent as you thought.

"We're gonna see, (L/N)." She smiled, and so you started the game.
__________
[A/N]: Who would you like to see winning?
Either Hamaguchi is going to confess to that person or (Y/N)-san is going to prank Oikawa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.5K 28
[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃] ❝𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚? ❞ ❝𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙘𝙪𝙩...
218K 7.7K 58
(L/N) (Y/N) and Oikawa Tooru. You are the power couple of Seijoh. Everyone knows it since both of you are captains of your volleyball teams. Life was...
8.7K 218 21
Collection of one-shots featuring the characters of Haikyuu! Originally posted on Deviantart. Does not include all characters. If you have any ideas...
54.5K 1.1K 27
If only I can turn back the time, but there no such thing in the world that could even happen. Why? Why did I let you go back then? Was I afraid? Jus...