Secrets (wolfstar)

By stories4usnow

I don't hate you Padfoot I really don't hate you Moony More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty-One
Part Twenty-Two
Part Twenty-Three
Part Twenty-Four
Part Twenty-Five
Part Twenty-Six
Part Twenty-Seven
Part Twenty-Eight
Part Twenty-Nine
Part Thirty-One
Part Thirty-Two
Part Thirty-Three
Part Thirty-Four
Part Thirty-Five

Part Thirty

10.8K 367 275
By stories4usnow

Over the years Remus had become accustomed to many rude awakenings. He be woken countless time with his friends jumping onto his bed. He be woken to the curtains on his four poster on fire. He be woken by James flying his broom into his dormitory. Even if he awoke and all the boys were still asleep the room would be filled with snores, and the rustling of sheets.

So when he woke up alone in a quiet hospital wing he knew he should be grateful. Remus was the only Marauder who occasionally needed time by himself. He was pretty sure if James and Sirius spent every moment of their life's together they would be perfectly happy, and Peter was so afraid of being left out that he spent all his alone time wondering where his friends were. Remus on the other hand would from time to time say he was heading to the library and just walk. Living at Hogwarts meant these moments were few and far between and he learned to value them.

It had been a perfectly fine full moon. But he'd still needed to sleep off the tiredness. He had told his friends to enjoy Hogsmeade without him. James had asked Lily Evans out of habit. Peter had been whining that he had no date and asking which girls might go with him. James had casually turned to Lily and said "Evans fancy a butterbeer with me at this weekend?" Like he had 100's of times. When she said fine, he hadn't even noticed. It had taken a full 2 minutes before he turned back and went "wait what". James hadn't needed a lot of persuading, once Lily said she'd go with him he was basically ready to go.

It only took moments for Remus to get lonely. Maybe it was the thought of his friends all enjoying butterbeer's at the Three Broomsticks without him. Maybe it was because it was the day after Valentines day and he had found the whole day quite lonely. He had avoided Sirius as much as he could because he figured friends defiently didn't make out on Valentines day. So he'd spent the whole day watching James and Lily awkwardly and very nervously flirt with each other.

The loneliness had barely set in when the curtain around the bed whipped open.

"Oh good you're up" Sirius Black said walking in with a plate with a small mountain of food on it "Got you this figured you be hungry." He said passing the plate over to Remus who took it gladly.

"Thanks" he muttered blushing slightly. It was so familiar of Sirius to this. He knew Remus would be hungry after a full moon so he brought him food. He knew Remus was picky so each piece of food was one of his favourites. He must have broken into the kitchens for because there is no way they served chocolate cover strawberries, toast with lemon curd, and a roast beef sandwhich for lunch.

Sirius collapse into the chair next to the bed propping his feet up on the end. He looked happy and relax which was such a Sirius Black way of being that it turned Remus' gut. A large grey sweater of Remus hung off Sirius frame. In Sirius mind all of their clothing had become a shared closet when he left his clothing at the Potter's. And Remus would admit it but seeing Sirius in his sweaters sent tingles up and down his spin.

"What are you doing Padfoot?" Remus asked between mouthfuls.

"Breathing, sitting, currently talking" Sirius said in a way that would have been koi if he hadn't made the same joke before. "I'm quite the multitasker."

"This is the second Hogsmeade trip you've blown off this year" Remus said "I told you to go"

"Yes because I really wanted to watch James and Lily make eyes all day." Sirius replied clearly trying to make it seem casual, but Remus knew there was more than that. 

"You could have gone with Pete or Mary or Marlene." Remus said "Gone to Zonkos or the three broomsticks."

"Wow really trying to get rid of me eh Moony?" Sirius said smiling but he did look a little hurt. 

"No!" Remus said a little too aggressively. "I just feel bad ruined your day and all."

"A day with you is hardly a ruined day" Sirius said, and for a moment both boys just blushed and didn't look at each other. "How you feeling?"

"Fine" Remus said truthfully "Least painful one in a while. Maybe Madame Pomfrey will let me out of here early.'

Sirius seemed to believe this for a moment but only a couple seconds later he raised his arm to lift the toast to his mouth. Then Sirius gasped jumping up from his chair and walking over to the bed.

"I thought you said you were fine?" Sirius said and Remus put down his toast and peered at the underside of his arm. There was a long cut there but Remus couldn't help but laugh a little.

"You are such a drama queen" Remus said his voice dripping with fondness "It's just a cut. I did transform into a raging monster last night it is to be expected."

"You're hurt" Sirius said perching himself on the edge of his bed. He took Remus arm in his hand and examined the wound "I don't get why Madame Pompfrey can't just heal these."

He seemed almost angry about it. Gently he turn Remus arm to get a better look at the cut. The turning of his very stiff arm was more painful then the actual cut it's self. Remus would like to think he stayed silent out of bravery but he had enough self awareness to know he just didn't want Sirius to remove his soft fingers.

"Something about the magic werewolf's posses" Remus wasn't sure why he said it. Both boys had read every book in the Hogwarts library on the subject. They both knew why the scars would never disappear. "But I'm fine. Thanks to you."

"I didn't do anything" Sirius whispered slowly letting his fingers roam Remus' arm gently. 

"You know thats not true" Remus whispered back.

Sirius gently put down Remus' arm but didn't move from where he was perched on the side of Remus' bed. He looked tired. It was hard to remember sometimes that all of his friends were also up almost the entire night as well.

"You get any sleep?" Remus asked as Sirius stifled a yawn.

"Lots" Sirius clearly lied "I need beauty sleep to get this beautiful."

"Go up to the dorms and take a nap. I'll find you when I get let out." Remus tried but Sirius shook his head.

"No way I'll miss all the fun" Sirius said though the exhuastion was clearly getting to him and he yawned again.

"All the fun of sitting here in the hospital wing?"

"All the fun of you"

He said it in the casual sort of way that always made Remus blush. Remus no good with words, especially flirty ones. He got awkward and tongue tied trying to express any feelings at all. But Sirius could just say 5 words and have Remus feeling hot and embarrassed.

Remus couldn't see the rest of the hospital wing as the curtain was drawn around his bed, but the room was dead quiet. Hogwarts was always empty on Hogsmeade weekends.

"Here" Remus said scooting over even though it hurt a little giving Sirius more room on the bed "Just nap here"

Sirius looked a little alarmed at first. Glancing around but clearly coming to same conclusion Remus did. The castle was empty. He slowly lay next to Remus making an effort to not hurt him more. But the bed was not made for two people, and the two were pressed against each other.

"You need sleep too" Sirius said "We need a full recovered Moony."

Remus did feel exhausted and moved from his slightly seated position and lay facing Sirius. They were so close there noses brushed slightly. Neither had closed their eyes yet and for a couple moments two lay staring at each other. Remus almost felt scared to move, and end this moment.

In the end Sirius moved first. He placed an arm over Remus' back before leaning in and planting a quick and domestic kiss on his lips.

"Happy Valentines Day Moony" Remus blushed once again watching as Sirius closed his eyes.

"Valentines Day was yesterday" Remus replied dumbly as he closed his eyes.

"hmm" Sirius replied clearly half asleep "Yesterday doesn't count. Didn't get to see you."

Remus mind wander for a couple of moments as he wonder what this meant. It wasn't accurate for one thing, they slept in the same room they had obivously seen each other. It was probably just a reference to how Remus had avoided him all day. It had felt like the right thing to do at the time. As much as he wanted to spent the whole day snogging Sirius, the whole point of this situation was that it wasn't romantic. And Valentine's day was solely a romantic holiday.

Remus was starting to wonder if Sirius fully understood this. He had never heard of Friends with Benefits before. Wizards seemed to take dating more seriously, especially in families like Sirius'. So the idea of two friends just fooling around was probably foreign to him. Remus knew he should bring it up, talk about whatever the hell was going on. But to do so Remus would have to understand how he felt and he had no idea. And it was impossible to figure it out because every time he turned around Sirius was kissing his neck and locking his fingers into his hair. Remus knew it would be impossible to figure anything out when his vision was clouded with smirks, and black curls.

Not being able to talk to anyone about it made everything more complicated. However Remus felt pretty sure he knew what each of his friends would say.

Peter hated talking about who people were dating. It made him feel he should have more from his own life to talk about. And off all his friends I think Peter would be the only one made nervous by the fact they would be talking about two guys. He would awkwardly bumble a little his ears going pink "I don't know Moony. Well obviously he is a- well he is a nice bloke good friend and all. Nice hair I guess. You could umm-" And eventually he would just try and find James.

It would take James ages to actually get to advice because he would tease Remus for so long. He could hear the serval verses of Moony and Padfoot sitting in a tree. When he'd finally calmed down he imagined James would just feel uncomfortable talking about his best mate behind his back. "He is my best friend Moony, and like obviously I want you two to get married and have lots of babies but ultimately its your call."

Lily would be the most helpful. She wouldn't be uncomfortable or make fun. Well she might make a little bit of fun. She knew more information then the others and so the catch up wouldn't be as awkward. But Remus knew so clearly what she'd say that it felt pointless to even ask. "Bloody hell Remus. Aren't you suppose to be the smart one in that group. You must collectively have an IQ of 90. I'll talk real slow so you'll get this. You cannot casually fool around with the bloke you've been secretly in love with for years" And when Remus would mutter that he never said love and she would just give him a knowing look.

In even his mind Lily was always right. It was infuriating.

He could argue with imaginary Lily that Sirius might not feel the same way, or that he didn't want to risk losing his best friend. All his best friends. Because if he lost Sirius he would lose James. He wouldn't be a Marauder anymore and then he didn't know who he would be. But he was too tired and too close to Sirius. 

As his brain slowly started to drift to sleep the last thing that fully processed in his brain was the simple fact that he was in love with Sirius Black.

The next time he woke was a much more traditional Marauders wake up call. James must have flung the doors open because a loud crash came from the end of the hall.

"Padfoot! Moony!"

Sirius had just enough time to slide out of the bed and on to the chair before the curtains around the bed were pulled open. They must have been asleep longer than they meant as the window outside showed a setting sun. James was grinning at them and paid no mind to how disorinated the just awoken pair looked. 

"She kissed me!" He said and he looked like he was still walking on air. "Lily Evans kissed me!"

"No way!" Sirius said finally fully waking up "No bloody way."

"She did!" He said flinging his body on to the end of Remus bed and staring up at the ceiling. "I really hope this isn't a dream."

"So go on then" Remus said nudging James with his foot under the duvet "Tell us the story."

"Okay so we walked to Hogsmeade with Mckinnon and Dorcas. So I thought I would just be tagging along on a girls day. I was a little disappointed but I was just happy it was progress, I was speanding time with her." James said still grinning at the ceiling. "But when we got there Mckinnon and Dorcas ran off, something about needing new quills. So it was just us. I felt a little like I might die I was so nervous but Lily is just so lovely. So easy to be around. We did all the normal stuff. Ohh and here"

James pulled a chocolate frog from his pocket and threw it up to Remus. 

"From Lily. After we had a butterbeer we walked around for ages. Just talking. Merlin I could have done that for the rest of my life.  But we ended up at the train station. It was completely empty. Not a soul in sight. And I was just looking at her thinking don't kiss her don't kiss her don't kiss her. I didn't want to push my luck plus she has always said I'm too cocky. I wanted to be a gentleman and then bam she kissed me" 

James looked happier then Remus had ever seen him. And that was saying something since James was constantly beaming. But he just seemed to be in calm bliss that was rare for James. And Remus knew his friend deserves this.

He glanced over at Sirius wanting to gage his response. Remus wondered a little bit if Sirius would be jealous of his best mate having something outside their friendship. To his surprise Sirius was already looking at him with a soft, fond, and very genuine smile. 

Merlin Remus thought I want to kiss him senseless. Show James he isn't the only one who was able to finally snog the person they were hopelessly in love.

"Where is she now?" Sirius asked finally looking away from Remus.

"She told me to bugger off the second we got to the castle" James said still smiling wistfully like he was describing a very pleasant piece of cake he had "Said she had to study and told me to go bother you two. So here I am."

"Wow how romantic of her." Sirius said sarcastically. 

"It was" James said. "What did you two get up to?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357K 8.7K 99
Just a bunch of oneshots that I found on Pinterest but with Wolfstar. Most are my own ideas. Some will be fluffy, and others whump. NO SMUT. Request...
69.6K 2.3K 55
The one where the werewolf meets the American and the rest is stars in the sky
666K 22.9K 120
𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬�...
18.2K 412 38
❝𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋?❞ 𝖺𝗌𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗉𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋. ❝𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗎𝗌 𝗍𝗈, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍...