Grow Up (A One Direction Fanf...

By 1dream41d

Aria Ferguson is your average fourteen going on fifteen year old girl. Until she wishes to grow up and have a... More

Grow Up (A One Direction Fanfic)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
A New Adventure...
GROW UP: THE GAME: OUT NOW!
I'm Back!
New Novel Out Now!

Chapter 17

6.5K 221 36
By 1dream41d

Hey guys! Long time no chat! :) well this chapter is something a little different! I wanted to fit a lot of time into this chapter, so hopefully the format of it will be easy to read! I was going to put most of the writing in italics except its not working on my iPod! Oh well!! I hope you are all having a great day! I'll talk more at the end!! :) xx

NOVEMBER

"That party a few weeks ago was crazy!" Mia gasps.

"I know right, you were crawling around on the floor like a tiger!" I chuckle.

"Please forget that ever happened, embarrassing much?!" Mia gasps.

"Has Louis called you yet?" Mia asks.

"No." I mumble.

"But...why not? What reason could he have behind not calling, you guys parted on great terms! Thats so weird." Mia replies.

"I know, I've called him a few times, and the others, but they never pick up." I mumble.

DECEMBER

"Merry Christmas!" I cheer, as Mia, her boyfriend Tom, and I have dinner at a fancy restaurant.

We'd decided to have a small Christmas and I'd seen my parents a few days before, for an early Christmas dinner. They seem to be really comfortable with me being twenty now, my brother...not so much, he finds it creepy.

"This is great! Just me, you and Tom!" Mia says as we sip glasses of Champagne whilst we wait for dinner to arrive.

"This is one of the best Christmases ever!" I laugh as the three of us clink our glasses together.

JANUARY

"Mia!" I gasp.

"Aria, what is it?" she questions as I run into the flat.

"I got a job as a junior editor with one of the hottest New Zealand teen magazines! They wanted me!!!" I yell.

"Oh, Aria, thats amazing! Lucky you! I still have a few years of studying left!" Mia chuckles as we share a big friendly hug.

"Oh, one other thing..." I mutter, here comes the sad news.

"Yeah?" Mia asks.

"The job is up in Auckland..." I mumble.

"Does that mean-"

"Yeah, I'm moving, and I have to leave Forever New as well." I say, starting to sob.

"Oh Aira! I'm going to miss you so much! Don't ever forget me!" Mia cries.

"I wont, you have to fly up all the time!" I shout and she laughs.

"Ok, I'll try. I'm going to miss you so much at work. Are your parents ok with this?" she asks.

"Yeah, my parents are so happy I'm getting the job I've always wanted, well I mean I'm on the way to it!" I reply.

"This is amazing Aria! I'm so happy for you!" Mia cries.

"Thanks, I hope this goes well." I reply.

FEBRUARY

"And now a huge announcement from One Direction! Remember you heard it here first!"

"Hello, One Direction here! And New Zealand, we've got some massive news for you!"

"We're stopping by New Zealand on our Take Me Home tour this year, for one massive show in Auckland this November on the twenty-first!! We can't wait to see you all there!"

I shut the radio off. They're coming back, to New Zealand.

And still, after four months, I haven't heard from them.

I pop open the locket that Louis gave to me all those months ago, the two of us looked so happy, maybe it was just a quick fling for him. But then again, the necklace was a promise, a promise he'd never forget me, a promise he'd see me again soon.

Maybe that promise has been broken.

MARCH

"Aria! Anne want's you in her office now!" Cassie, the receptionist says as I enter the huge building I work in.

"Ok." I reply and head into the chief editors office.

"Aira, take a seat." Anne says sweetly as I sit down in a huge leather chair across from her desk.

"You've been an amazing employee for the past few months Aria, and I've got some good news, and some bad news for you." She continues.

Oh, please don't fire me! I haven't done anything wrong...have I?

"The bad news first, Stacey, our deputy editor, is leaving us to work for an Australian magazine company." Anne says.

"Thats sad! I really liked Stacey!" I say. It's true, Stacey taught me all the ropes around making the magazine a great issue every month and we'd become really close.

"Now for the good news!" Anne says.

"Uh, ok..." I say softly.

"Aria, I'm giving you a promotion, you are the new deputy editor!" Anne cheers and I gape at her.

"Oh my gosh, really?" I gasp.

"Yup! Let the hard work begin Aria!" Anne chuckles.

APRIL

"I can't believe you are such a big part of my favorite magazine!" Steph grins as we sip coffee together in central Auckland.

"Aww, I can't believe I got to be deputy editor so fast." I reply.

"You'll be the main editor soon!" Steph giggles.

"Yeah, and you'll be out of high school in a few years!" I laugh.

"Hey! I'm sixteen now! Ok, I'm getting there!" Steph protests.

"Ok, ok. I'm glad we can still catch up though." I say.

"Me too, you living in Auckland is awesome!" Steph says.

"Have...you heard from them?" she mumbles.

"No." I reply bluntly.

"Oh, I managed to get tickets to their concert." Steph says.

"Good for you, enjoy it Steph." I say sweetly to her.

"Are you going?" she asks.

"No. I've got better things to do, work and stuff." I reply.

MAY

"Wow, this apartment is fabulous! I'm buying it!" I say to the real estate agent as we look at what will now be my new apartment, it's modern and beautiful, I love it.

"Great! You're going to love this apartment." They say.

"Thanks." I reply, "I can't wait to move in."

JUNE

"MIA!" I yell as we share a huge hug at the Auckland airport.

"I promised you I'd come and visit!" she laughs.

"I'm so glad you kept that promise...unlike someone..." I mumble.

"He still hasn't called, has he?" Mia gasps.

"That little A-"

"MIA! STOP! It's fine, I've forgotten about it anyway. I totally don't care anymore." I say.

"That sounded really fake Aira. You still do care." Mia says, pulling me into a hug.

"If I ever meet him, I will personally slap him for you." She laughs.

"Ohhhh, Mia! You bad girl!" I gasp.

"I managed to get tickets to the concert, it was so hard though! It sold out in ten minutes! But I'll take a sign with me that says 'Remember the promise you made to my best friend?'" Mia chuckles.

"Yeah, that would work." I laugh. "Because he doesn't know your one of my best friends, so he'd probably think you are a little weird. And he'd wonder what you are going on about." I add.

"Worth a shot though." She replies.

"Yeah, but I don't know if I want to talk to people who don't keep their promises." I sigh.

JULY

"Aira! I need you to do an article on One Direction, just to get fans hyped for the concert." Anne says to me, as we talk about the latest issue in her office.

"Ugh, ok." I sigh.

"Aria? Is something up?" Anne asks.

"No, I'm fine, but I don't have to do any interviews for this piece do I?" I ask.

"Nope! Just information and stuff, it shouldn't be too hard." Anne explains.

"Ok." I reply.

AUGUST

"Take a listen to the latest single from One Direction! Back For You!" the radio announcer says.

I sigh, remembering when two of them sang some of that song to me in our hotel suite.

But that song is a lie. For me anyway.

They're coming back to New Zealand, but not back for me, if them not replying to texts or answering calls is anything to go by. I gave up on texting them a few months ago actually.

It's not worth texting to get no reply anymore.

SEPTEMBER

"The whole country is getting hyped for One Direction's Take Me Home tour! Only two months to go now Directioners!" I switch the channel and watch a cooking show instead.

OCTOBER

"Happy twenty-first Aria!" All my new friends and work mates shout at my twenty-first birthday party.

"Aww, thanks guys!" I laugh and flick on some music as we all begin to dance.

It has been a great night so far and Mia, Serena and some of my other old workmates have come up, along with my new friends from the magazine and of course, Steph, who was the youngest one here.

"Wow, Aira! It's a year since our concert, and a year since you turned twenty!" Steph squeals as we dance.

"I know right! I have to admit, that was a pretty good concert." I say.

"Yeah, it was, but look at you now! All grown up!" Steph giggles.

"Yup!" I chuckle as we continue to dance the night away.

One of the best nights of my life.

NOVEMBER

"Aria! Come in here now!" the chief editor, Anne yells, and I rush into her office.

"Yeah?" I ask, trying to hold all of my papers whilst I wait for her to speak.

"Well, deputy editor, I've got a huge job for you!" she chuckles.

"Mmmm, hmm." I reply, curious to what it is.

"Well, you know that One Direction concert is happening this month..." Anne starts.

"Yeah." I answer and she smiles.

"Well, you are going to love this! Because you did your last article on One Direction so well, I'm giving you a front row seat at the concert so you can review the show and get some great photos! And the next day, I've managed to arrange an interview with them for you!" Anne says excitedly.

"Oh, uh, thanks!" I say, trying to sound happy, when really, I'm a little worried.

"I can't wait to see the article! I know it's going to be amazing!" Anne says, then hands me a ticket and a bunch of press papers and security clearance passes.

I wonder how this is going to end.

Soo what did you think? I hope it was ok to read! But wow! I never thought I could make a year past like that in a chapter! Now more drama starts!! What's going to happen with Aria and the boys at the concert and with the interview?! Why do you think the boys haven't contacted her for a year?! What reason could they have?! The closest answer will get the next chapter dedicated to them!!!

Also hope you are all going to have a Merry Christmas next week! Love you all and happy holidays!! Also what do you guys want for Christmas?

One more thing ... Phew! Sorry! Please please comment and vote! Only if you want of course! But if I get 10 comments and 20 votes I will update this book before next Friday!! - so please do! Because I'd love to post the next chapter on Christmas Eve!! Xxxx love you all my lovely dreamers!! Xx 1dream41d

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 302 59
Taylor is your normal seventeen year old girl. Except for the fact that her two younger sisters are both famous and that she is training to be an Oly...
1.9K 38 23
Like many typical girls Becca aged 16 falls head over heels for the boy-band One Direction, but what she didn't know is that her life and their life...
40.1K 1K 54
Completed May be triggering!!! Harry Styles is a 16 year old highschool student with a not so great home life or social life for that matter. Everyt...
32K 960 10
Louis Tomlinson is a 17 year old college drop-out. Harry Styles is still in high school. He has no friends and struggles with day-to-day life but the...