Async (Ryuichi Sakamoto x Rea...

By reddiamondtulip

It's an xreader type and this time the genre is Time Travel. I want to introduce Ryuichi Sakamoto to those wh... More

Introduction
Author's Note
Present Day : The Beginning
Present Day : Music
Rift In Time
1981 : Adapting
1981 : First Christmas
1982 : New Year
1982 : The Wedding
1982 : Kyun!
1983 : Here We Go Again
1983 : Song That Describes
1983 : The Truth
1984 : See You Again Soon
1984 : A Day with Akiko-san
1985 : Duet?
1985 : Brief Reunion
1985 : Back in London
1986 : Behind the Scenes (part 2)
1987 : One Last Time
Coming Home
Present Day : Memento
Epilogue
Closing Note

1982 : Behind the Scenes (part 1)

23 1 0
By reddiamondtulip

(About early 1982)

~Your P.O.V~
Today I'm left behind in the house again... I mean I know that Ryuichi-sensei was going to the studio for recording but he told me to stay put. Akiko-san tried to convince him to take me along and he insisted for me to not come with. "Why does sensei really didn't want me to come?" I asked Akiko-san. "I know it's for the upcoming movie but why?". "Maybe there's a special requirement for him to do for his character." Akiko-san shares her thought. "Do you might know what it be?" she said she had no clue.

"How is your progress on the song?". "I think I almost got it but I kept making mistakes here and there..." I couldn't properly place my confidence. Akiko-san then pulled me to sensei's office and told me to play. "Are you sure, Akiko-san?" I nervously asked. "Are you sure with yourself?" she countered my question. I took a deep breath and started playing. I played it in my own version and as I said before, there were errors.

I finished playing and I was a bit nervous of her opinion. "You surely have improved and you were right. There were small mistakes but I'm proud that you can do it." She smiled. I stood up and hugged her, "Thank you so much!" it didn't took long for me to realize. I break away and I can feel my face getting red. Akiko-san giggled, "You're welcome." Her smile didn't fade. "I didn't expect that from you.". "Y-yeah.. neither did I." I let out an awkward chuckle but it didn't feel that awkward.

"I'm home!" we heard the front door open and we exited the office. "おかえり!" (Okaeri : welcome back) Akiko-san greeted and I bowed as usual. "How was your day?" Akiko-san asked. "Today's lesson was hard but I managed to catch up." Sensei answered. "Lesson"? what is he talking about? It's getting suspicious for the last three days... "(y/n)-chan." Sensei called. "はい?" (hai : yes). "Pack your things. We're going on a trip." He announced.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "To the movie set of course!" his eyes curved to a smile. I was beyond excited and dashed to my room to start packing.

(At the set)

We arrived few days ago in a cluster island. The crew was given permission to use one of the islands for the shoot and it looks primitive and lush. We stayed in the main island for the nights but most of the shoot will be in this remote one. I asked Ryuichi-sensei about the island and he told me we're in Polynesia. "Where does the actual place though?" I asked again. "According to the book and the script, it should be in Java, Indonesia." Sensei explained. I wondered why we didn't go to the actual place. Maybe there are less forest there in this era?

We went to a field and there were the crews and casts. Among them, I saw a familiar famous man. "Is that David Bowie?" I couldn't believe my eyes. 'He was dead for four years back home!' I realized I used past tense on my thought. Everyone then was called for the first meeting in one of the building that will be use as one of the setting. There were no chairs so we had to sit on the floor. The Japanese crew didn't mind it but not so much for the European crew.

I sat on the corner of the room. It wasn't too far but at least I can hear what they're discussing. The main characters will be played by sensei, Mr. Bowie and the other three while the rest will be as support or extras. The main five and the support were given scripts each while the extras will be directed verbally. The meeting ended and the cast went to practice their lines.

"Sensei!" I called and walked to him. "There you are, (y/n)-chan. I was wondering where you were..." his face was relieved when I found him. "You could say that I was the same." I half chuckled. "Don't go too far, okay?" I nodded and he pat my head. I asked how many parts he got and he showed me the script. His lines were highlighted so it will be easy to find. Sensei flipped through the pages and apparently he will appear in most parts of the movie. "There are English lines too." I pointed out. " I didn't know you can speak English."

"It's still stiff but I'm sure I can do it." he smiled but I can see the slight nervousness under it. Speaking of which, it was awkward and hard to listen in the final movie. I wish him luck and the crew did the first shoots.

(A week later at break time)

I got a chance to ask the director about the place and Oshima-san said that they didn't get the permission by the government. I wonder why... maybe I should look up who was in charge of Indonesia in the 80's.

The Japanese crew had to have their hair shaven to fit the characters when the crew were directed to shoot with the outfit. Some were shaven clean and some were not. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed that it was mandatory for Ryuichi-sensei. "Don't worry about it. It will grow back when we're done." Sensei tried to cheer me up. "I'll be wearing a cap for most of my scenes." He added.

It's break time and I decided to join in with sensei and the others. I saw him chatting with the other main cast. "Who's that with you, Sakamoto-san?" asked a fellow Japanese actor. "This is (y/n)-chan. I'm sure all of you have seen her around." Sensei introduced me. "よろしくお願いします." (Yoroshiku onegaishimasu : It's nice to meet you.) I bowed. "Your character must be Sergeant Hara." He nodded, "Takeshi Kitano." He gave his name. "And you must be David Bowie." I looked at Mr. Bowie. "That's right!" he playfully smiled.

Sensei then introduced the rest with their roles. Tom Conti as Colonel Lawrence and Jack Thompson as Captain Hicksely. I don't recognize Mr. Thompson's name but I think I ever saw Mr. Conti's name from somewhere. I took a closer look and I remembered, 'He was the old guy in The Dark Knight Rises and Paddington 2!'. "Are you one of Mr. Sakamoto's staff, miss (y/n)?" asked Mr. Conti. "Y-yes! I'm his assistant." I answered. "She's new to the job so technically she follows me around." Sensei explained.

They continued their conversation and I only listened. Sensei was a translator between the main cast. Even though Kitano-san has an English line on the end of the movie, he was much more comfortable speaking in Japanese. Break time was finished and sensei was called with Mr. Conti and Kitano-san. Mr. Thompson went to a different direction and I was left with Mr. Bowie. Sensei told me to stay with Mr. Bowie while he does his shoot. I'm fine if I just watch them or around sensei but I'm honestly nervous. I don't know if I should be excited or not.

We were in an awkward silence and neither of us seemed to strike up a conversation. "So uh... it's (y/n), right?" Mr. Bowie asked to break the ice. "Y-yes." I slightly nodded. "How long have you been working with Ryuichi?". "For few months now." I answered. "I think Ryuichi-san is lucky to work with you." I gave a random comment. "No. I'm lucky to work with him." Then Mr. Bowie gave me his reasons. I giggled listening it and out of nowhere I blurted, "Glad that I get to meet you thirty years before." I suddenly covered my mouth.

"Thirty years? What do you mean?" he was clearly confused. "N-nothing! Nevermind what I said." I quickly brushed it off with a chuckle. He laughed it off and said that I was being silly.

(Few weeks later...)

We're almost on the end of the shoot and we covered the scenes on the island and as I expected, there were the honorable death shoots. The process was actually interesting to watch though. We moved to different buildings for different scenes in the island. Few of them were decorated to bring out the oriental feel to the movie.

Ryuichi-sensei's scenes are mostly daytime and honestly, I'm relieved. It feels a bit scary at night. He told me to stay in the villa while sensei does his evening activity with the other crew and I obeyed. I rather let go of my curiosity to be safe but it feels lonely waiting for him to come back. At least to check if I was doing okay or not.

I got the privilege to hang out with the other cast, mostly with David Bowie though. I guess he has about the same amount of screen time as sensei. He would look after me when sensei is busy with his shoot or called to lead the extras for the choir part. Mr. Bowie was nice, funny and down-to-earth like everyone said. He likes to tell funny stories and I enjoyed listening to them.

We're now shooting for the famous Forbidden Kiss scene and I decided to volunteer behind the camera. "And... action!" the board clapped, signaling to start. The extras walked out and some of them were either carried or walking in a slump. They're the Prisoners of War after all... Sensei's face was back in the serious stone cold stare as his character. Captain Yonoi ordered Captain Hicksely to come forth and ordered the other three extras to join. According to the script, Captain Yonoi still demands for the RAF's expanses.

"As the representative of the British Air Force, how many armaments experts you have left in your group?". "None, sir." Both Ryuichi-sensei and Mr. Thompson delivered their lines beautifully. Captain Yonoi then ordered Captain Hicksely's execution. "You Japanese bastards!" yelled one of the extras to taunt. The camera then moved backwards, following sensei and his entourage in to position.

The other camera then shoots closely on Mr. Bowie's face then walked along after I assume, zooming out. Major Celliers stood in front of Yonoi, facing him and acts as a shield to Hicksely. Celliers was ordered to draw back from Yonoi but he didn't heed so Yonoi had to use force. Celliers fell but quickly got up to his feet and gave Yonoi a kiss on each cheek. Yonoi somehow tried to punish Celliers for the kiss but instead he collapsed and his entourage beat up Celliers on Yonoi's behalf. "ごめんなさい!" (Gomenasai : I'm sorry!) Lawrence screamed in hopes that his comrade is released.

"Cut! Great job everybody!" the director made me jump a little. We looked through the shoot and there was a minor error at the kiss part. We noticed that the camera lagged at that part. The cameraman informed the director and when he checked it, he decided to leave it for the dramatic effect. We were given time for break and as usual, I went to Ryuichi-sensei. "(y/n)-chan!" he greeted me.

"How did I do?" he asked. "You did great!" I complimented. "Your expression was spot on! Although I would react the same if you do it to me..." I muttered the last part. "What was that?". "I... uh... Y-you should cut some slack with the screaming there, sensei!" I ended it with a weird laugh. "Well you should've told him off with the beating. The batons are always inches away from my face." Mr. Conti came with his complaint. I laughed along and we watched the punishment shoot. Night then fell and we shot the last two scenes before wrapping everything up.

~Ryuichi's P.O.V~
Most of the cast today are preparing to pack for our return for the next to two days. (y/n)-chan were called to help with the final survey before the takes are edited for the final product. I feel proud of her.

I walked out to get some fresh air around the set and it was slowly clearing from the props. "I didn't know you'd be here.". "Hello, David." I greeted my fellow cast. "I'm here to catch a breath. And yourself?". "Taking a last look of the set before I continue to another location." David explained. I remembered reading from my script that David has two different locations. "I assume you'll be on your way to New Zealand soon." David nodded.

"Anyway, where is your little assistant?" David asked curiously. "She's somewhere near. Why do you ask?". "I'm merely curious." He paused. "Shouldn't she be your responsibility?". "She is and I trust that she is more than capable of taking care of herself." I somehow felt something rising inside. I know that David's intention was only to tease but I found his joke of (y/n)-chan as a mockery. I managed to control my anger but the urge to leave was optionable.

"Ryuichi-sensei!" I noticed the familiar voice. I saw her running up to me and bowed, showing formality. "How was it?" I asked to take my mind off. "It was interesting also it was hard to operate the camera. I'm so used with the instant one." I silently giggled at her last sentence, I always thought that she has a habit of speaking her imaginative mind.

"Are you going to the next place soon, Mr. Bowie?" she turned her attention to David. He confirmed (y/n)-chan's question and asked her to call him by his first name. She apologized, "It's a habit of mine to use formality.". David giggled, "You don't have to be that tight, my—". "Have you finished packing yet, (y/n)-chan?" I unconsciously cut David off. "What was that, sensei?" she looked at me, tilting her head. I repeated my question and she remembered she hasn't finished packing.

"Let me help you with it." I volunteered and she agreed. "I'm very sorry, David but we must take our leave now." I faked a smile. David didn't seem to notice and bid us goodbye. "Hope I'll see you two again." He added and I nodded before we retreat back to our accommodation. We entered (y/n)-chan's room and it was clear she was called mid packing.

She continued folding her clothes while I help putting them in her suitcase. "What was that about, sensei?" she asked, breaking the silence. I couldn't answer her question. Embarrassment washed over my logic. "So, uh..." she tried to avoid the silence. "I've been meaning to ask... what were you doing before we came here?" she changed her question. "You know, when you insisted me to stay in the house." I remembered her clarification.

"Aside to the studio to produce the soundtrack, I had a crash course on sword training." I explained. "For your sparring scene!" she pointed out and I nodded. "Why didn't you let me come?" she asked again. "Is it because of traditional rules or did you wanted to surprise me?" she shared her guesses. I chuckled, "You can say it like that.". "Aww... not fair, sensei..." she was disappointed by my vague answer. I finished helping her pack and we flew back to Japan on the next day.

A.N : Hi, guys! Well the things I want to say is... The chapter is how I imagined the set will be while the cast done their shoot and I was pretty excited to rant about Indonesia on how it was in the 80's. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll see you in the next one! RD out!! Boi!!!

P.S : I never watched Paddington before but I've watched Dark Night Rises a lot and I noticed quite recently that I knew Tom Conti before I watched Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence so yeah XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 4.6K 68
aesthete aesthete (๐‘›.) ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘–๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ข๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘›๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘’. this book...
1.6K 283 76
ใ€Œ๐—ถ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚!ใ€ ๊œฑสœแดส€แด› ๊œฑแด›แดส€ษชแด‡๊œฑ แด๊œฐ ษช๊œฑแด€ส€แด€ แดแด€แด ๊œฐส€แดแด แด‡ษด๊œฑแด‡แดส™สŸแด‡ ๊œฑแด›แด€ส€๊œฑ!! ยธ.โ€ข*' @autisticmao ยธ.โ€ข*' 2024-present โ˜† requests are alway...
273K 9.3K 43
ใ€ŠAM I GOING CRAZY?ใ€‹ ใ€ŠWOULD I EVEN KNOW?ใ€‹ ใ€ŠAM I RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED FOURTEEN YEARS AGO?ใ€‹ ใ€ŠWANNA GUESS THE ENDING, IF IT EVER DOESใ€‹ ใ€ŠI SWEAR TO...
585K 16.9K 27
ใ€โ˜†ใ€‘โ˜…ใ€โ˜†ใ€‘โ˜…ใ€โ˜†ใ€‘โ˜…ใ€โ˜†ใ€‘โ˜…ใ€โ˜†ใ€‘ "๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜†?" "๐—œ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐—œ'๐—บ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚." i wrote this li...