๐‹๐ˆ๐…๐„ ๐”๐๐„๐—๐๐„๐‚๐“๐„๐ƒ

By PRTTYPOISON

โŒž ๐ข๐ง which childhood frenemies have their lives changed forever ... โŒŸ More

intro
๊ง O N E ๊ง‚
๊ง T W O ๊ง‚
๊ง T H R E E ๊ง‚
๊ง F O U R ๊ง‚
๊ง F I V E ๊ง‚
๊ง S I X ๊ง‚
๊ง S E V E N ๊ง‚
๊ง E I G H T ๊ง‚
๊ง N I N E ๊ง‚
๊ง T E N ๊ง‚
๊ง E L E V E N ๊ง‚
๊ง T W E L V E ๊ง‚
๊ง T H I R T E E N ๊ง‚
๊ง F O U R T E E N ๊ง‚
๊ง F I F T E E N ๊ง‚
๊ง S I X T E E N ๊ง‚
๊ง S E V E N T E E N ๊ง‚
๊ง E I G H T E E N ๊ง‚
๊ง. T W E N T Y ๊ง‚
๊ง T W E N T Y O N E ๊ง‚
๊ง T W E N T Y T W O ๊ง‚
๊ง TWENTY THREE ๊ง‚
๊ง TWENTY FOUR ๊ง‚
๊ง TWENTY FIVE ๊ง‚
๊ง TWENTY SIX ๊ง‚
๊ง TWENTY SEVEN ๊ง‚
๊ง TWENTY EIGHT ๊ง‚
๊ง TWENTY NINE ๊ง‚
๊ง THIRTY ๊ง‚
๊ง THIRTY ONE ๊ง‚
๊ง THIRTY TWO ๊ง‚
๊งEPILOGUE๊ง‚
NEW BOOK !
NEW ACCOUNT

๊ง N I N E T E E N ๊ง‚

2.2K 48 38
By PRTTYPOISON

Whilst running a hand through her soft silky hair, Nessa turns the door knob and steps inside the room where she now spends the majority of her time. Her free hand searches the wall for the light panel, her index finger sliding the button up just a tiny bit so that some light floods through the dark room- making it a little easier for her to see. The soft sniffles from the crying baby girl in the crib start to silence themselves when a soft smiling Nessa peers over the wooden frame and comes into view. A pair of large brown orbs stare up at her with sleepiness sparkling in the corners of them.

Reaching inside the crib without another sound, Nessa picks up the fussy baby girl in her arms and wonders over to the nursing chair, the two never breaking eye contact once. The tired girl soothes her daughter in her arms, rocking gently in the comforting chair until slowly- the caramel orbs disappear behind light pink eyelids. Nessa studies her daughters features- from her button nose to the long, full lashes that are perfectly layered on the edge of her lids.

Slowly, she stands back up, rocking the sleeping child in her arms contently before placing a gentle kiss on her temple and lowering her back into the crib where hopefully she'll stay asleep for another few hours at least. Whilst busy focusing on her daughter, Nessa failed to hear the door of the nursery open and a sleepy Josh come into the room. Nessa sighs blissfully as a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist from behind and she leans back into the warm body. Josh lowers his head before whispering her name into her ear. Nessa closes her eyes, basking in the moment while Josh continues to chant her name repeatedly.

"Nessa!".

Jolting awake, Nessa rubs at her eyes furiously as she tries to recollect herself. Confusion scratches at her head instantly- her eyes being blinded by the violently bright light above. When she does finally manage to open them, she can just barely make out the outline of Josh's very tall and muscular self. He hoveres over her with concern etched upon his face but it doesn't take long for it to be replaced by an amused grin and a roll of his beautiful blue eyes.

"Wha-what time is it?" She mumbles, her voice sleepy and strained. Josh ignores how cute he finds her at this very second and focuses his attention on checking his phone. He clicks the button once with his index finger before turning the device around and letting her see for herself. Nessa's eyes bulge out of their sockets- almost like they do in cartoons- when she reads 04:16.

Josh holds his hand out for her to take which she willingly accepts. Without meaning to, she holds his hand in her own instead of letting it go once she's fully balanced. The act doesn't go unnoticed by Josh but instead of reacting in the way he should, he squeezes her hand instead.

"You must have fallen asleep by accident after I left" He ponders while leading them both out of the room. Nessa allows herself to be pulled away from the nursery and into the hallway, her weary head begging to be laid back down- this time preferably on a feather filled pillow. She nods her head in agreement while staring down at their entwined hands.

Flashbacks of her dream come barging into her mind like a stampeded of memories she forgot were there. Holding his hand reminds her of the way he touched her in the dream and the way she enjoyed it. His muscular arms wrapping around her waist protectively made her shiver with excitement and not to mention the way his hot breath fanning at her ear, sent a tidal wave of goosebumps down her spine. Nessa has always had some sort of attraction towards Josh but she always ruled out having actual meaningful feelings for him because she thought she knew him. Although, if these past few months have taught her anything, it's that she didn't know him at all. She knew the version that he wanted people to know. The version that had all the walls built and lights turned out. The unwelcoming Josh. The douchebag asshole Josh. Not Joshua.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Nessa blinks as Josh waves his hand over her face- the same worried look on his face from earlier.

"Dude, are you okay? You haven't listened to a word I just said" he chuckles nervously. Nessa bites at her bottom lip, the sound of his laughter causing her cheeks to flush a subtle hint of pink. She cusses herself for not listening to him.

Pursing her lips into a thin line, she nods her head reassuringly. Josh studies her for a second- unsure of whether he believes her entirely or not. Deciding that he has no reason not to, he shrugs off her spacing out and drops their hands- much to her dismay.

"You're tired" he declares. "Go back to sleep and this time preferably in the bed that I spent half an hour making for you this morning". He smirks playfully down at her which doesn't do the already flustered girl any favors.

Nessa thinks about going to sleep but the idea just isn't appealing to her right now- especially not with her being so emotional and worked up right now. Even if she wanted to sleep, she wouldn't be able to. An idea suddenly springs to mind and she prays that Josh will agree to it.

"How about we go get some ice cream? I'm in the mood for mint choc chip and I just know you can already taste the peanut butter creaminess" She says accusingly, hoping that if she sounds full of energy then he won't protest to her skipping out on sleep.

It takes Josh a moment to weigh out his options. He can either go back to his room alone and scroll on his phone for the next few hours until he feels even the tiniest bit tired or he can go get some of his favorite ice cream and spend time with Nessa. He mentally kicks himself for even having to think about it before signing loudly- giving Nessa a wordless answer. Ice cream it is.

꧁꧂

Josh pulls into one of the many empty parking spaces at the local ice cream parlor called 'scoops' that's luckily opened 24 hours a day. When the shop first opened, Josh recalls making a comment about who in their right mind would be getting ice cream in the middle of the night but his long wondered question is answered by none other than himself as he digs into the three scoop layer of dairy goodness. There's just something so comforting about ice cream that makes his insides happy and blood rush with sugar.

"Can I have some of yours please?" Nessa asks, making sure to pout her bottom lip just enough to make it impossible for him to refuse. Josh- mid lick- narrows his eyes at the pregnant girl sitting in the seat beside him. He asked her when they were at the drive thru if she wanted a sample tub of his choice of flavor but she refused- insisting that she didn't like peanut butter. "What? It's not for me it's for your child".

Rolling his eyes whilst groaning from defeat, Josh grudgingly hands over his own tub of ice cream to a more than pleased Nessa. She really needs to stop using the baby as a weapon to get her own way. This is the fourth time Josh has fallen for it this week.

"So" Nessa says, licking the remaining ice cream off of the plastic orange spoon. "Have you started thinking about baby names? I know we don't know the gender yet but knowing you, you like to be ten steps ahead". She chuckles, turning around in her seat a little so she can stare at his dim lit eyes and tan face.

For once, Josh is silent and stares at the steering wheel, hopping that she can't sense his sudden fondness for silence. To his dismay of course, Nessa notices his lack of enthusiasm and reaches over to him, placing her warm hand in his shoulder.

Their eyes meet and for a second they both forget that they're just friends. When they look at each other - as cliche as it sounds- it's as if the world comes to a halt and they're the only two people alive. It takes everything in Nessa's self control to not lean in. To not make a mistake she wants nothing more than to make.

"I've thought of a few but naming a baby is a big responsibility and I can't decide" He explains, shaking his leg a little from nervousness.

Nessa nods her head in understanding. "Knowing you, you'll have all the douchey names picked out like Chad or Ryan" She jokes, attempting to lighten the mood.

Josh chuckles but begins to shake his head. "You're wrong" he mumbles. Nessa's smile slowly fades when she realizes how that must have sounded. She wasn't trying to call him a douche but that's probably not how he took it. "I have a boy name picked out but I know I won't be needing it" he states matter-of-factly.

Surprised, Nessa arches her brow while leaning her head on her hand. "Really? And why's that" she asks him with an amused tone.

"It's a girl" he nods his head, confirming it to himself. "I just- I know you're the one carrying her but I can feel that it's a girl. That's why I'm having a hard time picking out girl names because I want my daughter to be happy with it, I don't want her to grow up thinking I don't love her because I gave her a shitty name".

Genuinely touched by his warm words, Nessa grabs one of his hands and holds it in both of hers- the tub of ice cream sitting on the floor. Josh looks at her, him now being the one to resist leaning in.

"Tell me the names" Nessa demands, still holding his hand.

Josh sighs before leaning back a little.

"I have two in mind. One of them is Charotte because I just love the idea of her having Lottie or Charlie as a nickname" He laughs, Nessa mimicking. "And then there's Abigail or Abby if she prefers".

Nessa smiles a bright shiny grin, the butterflies in her stomach fluttering around aimlessly.

"And why Abigail?" She questions, genuinely intrigued.

"Because it means father joy" He smiles proudly. "And if there's any word to describe how I felt when I saw her on that screen for the first time, it's joy".

Josh looks away, continuing to eat his ice cream while Nessa tries to control the deafening beating of her heart. She had no idea that Josh felt so truly in love with the idea of being a dad and she swears that in this moment, she'd gladly confirm that this, this is when she knew that she had fell in love with Joshua Richards.

Hi dudes <3

there's a lil message / update thingy in my conversation board that y'all should def go check out if you haven't already seen it!

also!!!!! what name / gender would you pick for the baby <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 424 31
Basically a Jessa story which starts after their break up. This is how I imagine their relationship evolve and may be become more... This is the firs...
108K 1.8K 26
"๐’พ ๐“‚๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ ๐“‚๐“Ž ๐’ธโ„ด๐’ธโ„ด๐’ถ ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰๐“‰โ„ฏ๐“‡ ๐“€๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ˆโ„ฏ๐“ˆ, ๐’ฝโ„ด๐“…โ„ฏ ๐“Žโ„ด๐“Š ๐“ˆ๐“‚๐’พ๐“โ„ฏ ๐“Œ๐’ฝโ„ฏ๐“ƒ ๐“Žโ„ด๐“Š ๐“๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“‰โ„ฏ๐“ƒ ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“ƒโ„ด ๐’ธโ„ด๐“‚๐“…โ„ฏ๐“‰๐’พ๐“‰๐’พโ„ด๐“ƒ, ๐’ฟ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’ธโ„ด๏ฟฝ...
37.1K 389 51
idrk โ˜บ๏ธ
222K 2.4K 41
- ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐†๐„๐“ ๐Œ๐„ ๐“๐Ž๐Ž "๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฉ ๐˜ช ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ"