Longing Through The Silence [...

By johnnysratwig

The demon clan, a clan thought to be extinct. The remaining survivor is a girl of 14, (Y/N) (L/N), a warm and... More

キャラクタープロフィール | Character Profile
ハンター試験パート一 | The Hunter Exam Part 1
ハンター試験パート二 | The Hunter Exam Part 2
ハンター試験パート三 | The Hunter Exam Part 3
ハンター試験パート四 | The Hunter Exam Part 4
ハンター試験パート五 | The Hunter Exam Part 5
ハンター試験パート六 | The Hunter Exam Part 6
ハンター試験パート七 | The Hunter Exam Part 7
ハンター試験パート八 | The Hunter Exam Part 8
ハンター試験パート九 | The Hunter Exam Part 9
ハンター試験パート十 | The Hunter Exam Part 10
ハンター試験パート十一 | The Hunter Exam Part 11
ハンター試験パート十二 | The Hunter Exam Part 12
ハンター試験パート十三 | The Hunter Exam Part 13
ハンター試験パート十四 | The Hunter Exam Part 14
ハンター試験パート十五 | The Hunter Exam Part 15
ハンター試験パート十六 | The Hunter Exam Part 16
ハンター試験パート十八 | The Hunter Exam Part 18
ゾルディック家 パート一 | Zoldyck Family Part 1
ゾルディック家 パート二 | Zoldyck Family Part 2
ゾルディック家 パート三 | Zoldyck Family Part 3
天空闘技場パート一 | Heavens Arena Part 1
天空闘技場パート二 | Heavens Arena Part 2
天空闘技場パート三 | Heavens Arena Part 3
キャラクタープロフィール | Character Profile [UPDATED]
天空闘技場パート四 | Heavens Arena Part 4
天空闘技場パート五 | Heavens Arena Part 5

ハンター試験パート十七 | The Hunter Exam Part 17

11.5K 444 371
By johnnysratwig

"You've no need to worry, Gon has certainly passed. Nothing he says or does can change that now. As a matter of fact, he can even throw a fit and kill me where I stand, but we still wouldn't be able to revoke his license," Netero reassures.

"Yes, I see." Hanzo turns around, walking back to the area where the other applicants stand.

"So why? Why'd you let him win?" Killua asks.

"What did you say?" Hanzo replies.

"You didn't have to kill him. With your skills, you could have made him surrender, somehow."

"I expect when I torture someone, my victim will despise me for the rest of their life. It's more effective and less stressful. When you're in pain, your eyes show a gleam of hostility towards the person responsible. Even with the most extensive training and discipline, that sign of rage is difficult to suppress. But Gon's eyes had no such gleam. Can you believe that? I had just broken his arm, but I could tell just by looking into his eyes that he had already forgotten all about it. So I guess you could say the little guy won me over. If you need a reason why I let him win then you have it."

After that, the second match began.

"Round two, Hisoka versus Kurapika! Begin!" Masta announced.

The two fought for a while before Hisoka leaned in, whispering something into Kurapika's ear before he gave up, giving Kurapika the win. The third match was Hanzo versus (Y/N). (Y/N) was angry at the ninja, understandably so, as he had beat up her best friend pretty bad. The two stood, facing each other.

"Round three, Hanzo versus (Y/N)! Begin!"

With that, Hanzo shoots off, reappearing behind (Y/N), who, in turn, reappears behind Hanzo, kicking him in the back. He rolls forward, skidding to a stop face first. "That was a good hit, but you won't get another," says Hanzo. (Y/N)'s eyes narrow on the man before she releases a bit of nen. Hanzo drops to his knees, having felt a small bit of her power.

"...I concede..." He trails off.

The fourth match was between Hisoka and Bodoro. It was pretty one sided, with Bodoro refusing to give in. However, while he lay on the floor, gasping for breath, Hisoka whispers something in his ear, effectively getting Bodoro to surrender. The fifth match was Killua versus Pokkle, to which Killua walks away, claiming he wasn't interested in fighting Pokkle.

Leorio requested his match be postponed due to Bodoro's injuries, so the next match between Killua and Gittarackur was held. As soon as the match starts, Killua begins to walk forward before Gittarackur speaks. "It's been a while, Kil." He pulls out all the pins on his face, changing it into one that was familiar to Killua. His eyes widen as he lets out a small gasp.

"Big brother..."

"Hey," was all he said.

"He's Killua's brother?" Leorio asks.

"He uses those needles to change his appearance?" Kurapika wonders aloud.

"I heard you stabbed mom and Milluki," Killua's brother, Illumi, starts.

"Guess so."

Illumi tilts his head. "Mom couldn't stop crying."

"Well who'd blame her?! Anyone would cry if their kid did that!" Leorio comments.

"She was just so happy." 

Leorio falls over. 

"She was delighted to see that her son had finally grown up. But she's concerned about you being out on your own, and she asked me to check up on you when I got the chance. Lucky me, huh? I had absolutely no idea that you wanted to be a hunter. As for me, I'm here to get a license for a job that's coming up."

"I don't...actually want to become a hunter. I just felt like taking the exam," Killua reveals.

"I see. Well that's a relief. In that case I have some advice for you. You're not cut out to be a hunter. You were born for one purpose. To be an assassin. You're a puppet of darkness, devoid of passion. There is nothing you desire, nor is there anything you wish for. As one who lives in the shadows, the only pleasure you're capable of is derived from causing death because that's how dad and I raised you. What do you imagine that you would accomplish by becoming a hunter?"

"It's true, I don't really want to be a hunter, but, everyone wants something, even me."

"You don't."

"Wrong! There is something that I really want!"

"Hmm, enlighten me. What is it that you really want?"

Killua freezes, looking down. He was at a loss for words.

"What's the matter? There isn't really anything is there?"

"There is!! I...want to run away with (Y/N). And I want to be friends with Gon. I...I'm just so sick of killing people. I want to be friends with Gon and (Y/N) and just have fun."

"Impossible. You are incapable of friendship. The only thing you can do is discern whether or not you can kill them. That is all you were ever taught. Gon is such a radiant personality that you don't know how to classify him. As for (Y/N), she's someone you couldn't kill even if you tried. You don't actually desire their friendship."

"No..."

"If you stay with them, one day you'll end up wanting to kill them. You'll wonder if you can, and you'll want to find out. Because, you are, by nature, a murderer."

Leorio growls, stepping up. 

"We've warned you already sir so please-" A mana stops him.

"Yeah, I know! Killua! I couldn't care less if this guy's your brother alright?! He's a worthless piece of crap, so don't listen to him!! Just beat the crap out of him like usual and win! You wanna become friends with Gon and (Y/N), are you kidding me?! You're already friends, how do you not know that?! They seem to think so anyway!!" Leorio shouts. (Y/N) nods enthusiastically, her fists in front of her.

"Is that true?" Illumi asks.

"Hell yeah it's true you idiot!!"

"Oh no, that isn't good. So they already consider Kil a friend. Fine, then I'll just kill them both." 

Killua's eyes widen, as well as everyone else's.

"Assassins have no use for friends. They only get in the way. Where can I find Gon?"

"Please wait a second! The match is still-!" Illumi cuts off the man by tossing needles onto his face.

"Where?" Illumi repeats.

"He's in the waiting room...right over there...!"

"Thank you." As Illumi walks, (Y/N), Kurapika, Hanzo, and Leorio all stand in front of the door protectively. "Oh what a pain. I need to acquire a hunters license right now so I can do my job. But if I kill them, I'll fail and then Kil will pass automatically. Oh no, the same thing will happen if I kill Gon. Hm, wait, I'll pass the exam and then kill Gon! If I pass the exam first, I can kill everyone here and still keep my license, isn't that right?" Illumi asks, turning to Netero.

"Well, yes, according to the rulebook," he answers.

"Did you hear that, Kil? If you really want to save Gon and (Y/N), you're going to have to beat me. Will you fight me to save your friends? You can't do it, can you? Because deep down, you're more worried about whether you can defeat me than anything else, aren't you?"

Killua gasps as Illumi walks up to him.

"And you already know the answer. I'm not strong enough to beat my big brother. Remember the lesson I drilled into you? Never go up against a superior opponent."

Killua starts to take a step back out of fear, but Illumi stops him.

"Don't move. Move one more inch and I'll assume the fight has begun. The same goes for if our bodies come in contact with each other, the fight starts. There is only one way to stop me and you know it. But don't forget, if you decide that you won't fight me, your dear Gon and (Y/N) will certainly die.

"Take him out Killua!! We'll protect you!! He won't kill you, Gon, or (Y/N)!!" Leorio yells. "We'll do whatever we have to do to stop him! Go on, let him have it!!!"

"...You win Illumi. I admit defeat."

Illumi smiles, clapping his hands together. "Oh excellent. No need for us to fight then, huh." He pats Killua on the shoulder. "I lied, Kil. I was never going to kill Gon and (Y/N). That was only a test to see what you were made of. And now I know for certain." Illumi puts his hand on Killua's head, leaning in. "You are simply not qualified to make friends. Not that you need any. You'll keep doing what you've always done. The job dad and I trained you to do. I'll order you to take the hunter exam when the time is right. But not now."

Then, the sixth match between Leorio and Bodoro began. However, as soon as the match started, Killua killed Bodoro. He was then disqualified. (Y/N) was quick to try and stop him, but Killua only gave her a curt reply.

"I'm going home," was all he said before walking out the door. (Y/N) looks down sadly, upset that she wasn't able to stop her friend.

"C'mon (Y/N), let's go," Kurapika says, putting his hand on her shoulder.

----

double update 😼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 973 28
There's a lot of difficulties in life one might run into. Could be a life or death situation, the meeting of a life long friendship, tipping over the...
9.8K 191 33
Your Gon's 'Little sister' you sneak onto the boat to the hunter Exam so that you could be with him, and things take off from there. You meet Killua...
281K 8.3K 24
Kirahki Freecss is Gon's sister. Mito-san adopted her when she was just a baby. The only clue she has about her birth family is the fact that her eye...
262K 9.4K 60
[ The re-write of this book is now out, which can be found on my page.] He fell 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 for her... Far, far away from civilization, lived a seclud...