The Only One

By BeachPineapple17

The SEQUEL of everyone's favorite story, The Dental Student. This sequel follows the path of Willow's and No... More

T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n

O n e

2.7K 30 4
By BeachPineapple17

"So instead of just a checkup today, I think I have a couple cavities..."

"Alright. I can check those out and fill them. Plus, Dr. Samuels may have already told me."

I showed him a look of shock and a little bit of neglect as I can't believe that my great uncle ratted me out to my dentist.

Well technically, if you look in my medical records Dr. Collin Samuels, my great uncle, is my dentist, but behind closed doors my great uncle lets Dr. Anthony Perez do all my dental procedures, since I trust him more. And he's not family, so he's not like my mom or my dad that's always checking my teeth.

I'm sure what we're doing might be illegal, but my great uncle comes in and checks on us and sometimes helps, and Dr. Perez is his student so technically he's just letting his student have practice.

But my parents don't know anything about Dr. Perez, other than that he's the dentist who works with Uncle Collin. My parents would lose their mind if they knew that Dr. Perez was my dentist and not my great uncle. But I just trust Dr. Perez and he's not family, so he doesn't treat me like family, he treats me like a patient.

I've actually built a relationship with a dentist that isn't a family member and I value it so much more.

It's actually a very well thought out plan because every time my parents want to give me a checkup and a cleaning there's nothing wrong, because I always go to Dr. Perez at my uncle's office first.

Plus Dr. Perez might be a little hot, and he has so much personality.

"You know what I'm craving." He says as he situates the bib over me.

"What're you craving?"

This can never be good.

"A nice big hoagie with Turkey and all the toppings. Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, banana peppers, olives, spinach, and onions."

"Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me that you put tomatoes on your sandwich. Don't tomatoes stain your teeth?"

"Hey, you're the one with four cavities. Shut up and let me fix them."

"I have four?!"

"That's what your uncle said."

I leaned back in the chair and started fidgeting with my phone and pop socket, but gave up and put my hands under my bottom to hold them still.

I see Dr. Perez's gloved hands position the light over my mouth and he fixes the mirror right to where I can watch whatever he's doing in my mouth.

I usually enjoy watching his eyes concentrate since his face is covered by his mask, rather than watching the mirror on whatever weird dental stuff he is doing in my mouth.

I take a deep breath as he comes closer ready to start, he won't start until I open my mouth, which is a weird thing he does because he wants to let the patient decide when to start and not to be commanded to open their mouth.

I cautiously open my mouth, hoping that this wouldn't hurt.

I feel his tools and gloved fingers enter my mouth.

I let out a shaky breath as I try to relax while he looks in my mouth.

I've never felt so vulnerable.

I'm usually not so nervous around Dr. Perez. He's done my cleanings, pulled some of my baby teeth that needed to be removed, and I always talk to him when he doesn't have a patient and I'm at the office, but today was different because I know it involves needles and the drill.

I felt his tools come close to my numerous cavities in my mouth.

But he never touched any of them, I was so thankful that he didn't touch them and put my mouth through torture.

But I spoke too soon.

He just tapped one of them ever so gently, and my whole mouth cringed in pain.

Luckily, he took all of his tools out of my mouth so I could close and relax my mouth that is now in so much pain.

I grasped my mouth and massaged near where the cavity is that he just touched.

Dr. Perez swiveled away but then rolled back to me, holding something in his hand, but I didn't see what it was.

I began to freak out and become worried, but he stopped me seeing my facial expressions change.

"I'm just using the gel. No needle yet." He said as I felt a cotton swab come into contact with 4 different places in my mouth.

I hope this gel works, I do not want to feel the pain of the needle.

I completely trust Dr. Perez, but I just can't seem to handle any of the needles.

Like, at all.

I sound just like my mom.

She was scared of needles and dental procedures growing up until she became a dentist who does all those torturous things.

That's exactly why she is NOT my dentist.

Although Dr. Perez doesn't know about my fear of needles. And when it comes to dental procedures, I am usually somewhat calm and he helps ease my nerves. But when it comes to needles, my nerves go through the roof.

Out of everything that I could've inherited from my parents, I just had to get my moms fear, my dad doesn't have a fear at all, just my mom.

That's how they had the greatest love story ever told (according to them). They were in dental school together and my dad stayed by her side the whole final year and helped her overcome her fear so they could graduate together, blah blah blah. She still isn't completely over it though. But that's why my dad does all her procedures.

After a few minutes, I feel Dr. Perez remove the cotton swabs and speak up.

"Okay, Sage. I'm going to give you the first injection. If you need to close your eyes, or do whatever you need to do to keep calm, do it. Just don't move or fidget." Dr. Perez warned as he moved the mirror out of the way so I couldn't see the needle and moved the light closer to my mouth.

"Alright take a deep breath in."

I didn't dare look towards Dr. Perez, I squeezed my eyes shut, took the deepest breath I could manage, and I could feel Dr. Perez's gloved fingers in my mouth, but it was interrupted by a door opening.

I opened my eyes, seeing Dr. Perez holding the big ass needle steady right above my mouth, but then he looked towards the door, and looked confused.

"Her parents are coming in here. I have to take over. What are you currently doing?"

It was my great uncle.

Of course, my parents just have to come in when I'm in the middle of the biggest dental procedure I've ever had.

I didn't even know they were coming here.

They weren't supposed to pick me up, my uncle was supposed to take me home.

"I was giving her the injection for her first cavity at 30." Dr. Perez said as he disposed of his gloves, leaves his mask on and rolls on his rolly stool to the other side of me.

I look over at my great uncle, who's now washing his hands like a mad man, snapping on a pair of gloves, and lazily tying a mask over his face.

Great, now my uncle is going to stab me with a needle in my mouth.

"Sage, I need you to be as brave as you can be for this part. Don't show any fear." Uncle Collin said, warning me since he knows how much I hate needles, and that I can't let them see that I was having a procedure done.

I gently closed my eyes, instead of squeezing them shut.

I feel someone take my right hand into theirs: Dr. Perez.

"Deep breath in." Uncle Collin said.

I took multiple deep breaths until I felt the pierce of the first needle in my mouth.

This is the worst needle I've ever felt.

I was trying my hardest to hold it in, but I couldn't. I was trying my hardest not to cry.

I couldn't let my parents see my cry.

I had to be brave.

I had to show them that I'm not scared like my mom, that I've grown out of it.

I took multiple deep breaths.

I could feel my jaw shaking.

I squeezed the heck out of Dr. Perez's pour hand.

He kinda needs that hand to fix my cavities, but it'll be okay. I hope.

"Oh, Hi Dr. Gray and Dr. Samuels-Gray." Dr. Perez said releasing my hand.

I didn't even hear my parents come in, when did they come in.

"And that, Anthony, is how you properly anesthetize the 30 tooth. Thank you for being such a big help, Sage." Uncle Collin said, trying to cover up why he just injected my tooth.

"Ah, my favorite patient." He said as I heard him dispose of his gloves.

I haven't dared to open my eyes yet.

I don't want tears to overflow as soon as I open my eyes.

I had to give it a second or blink the tears away.

But when I opened my eyes, I saw my parents talking and hugging my great uncle, not even paying any attention to me.

"I'm sorry that I didn't come meet you, I had to teach Anthony here about proper anesthesia. And Sage was the best volunteer. You've taught her well." Uncle Collin said smiling and winking in my direction.

I smiled at my parents as I moved off the dental chair looking at Dr. Perez.

"I didn't know she was here?" My mom said talking to my great uncle.

I would defend him if I could but I was numb.

Completely and utterly numb.

I didn't feel a tingle or anything I was straight up numb.

I don't even know if I can handle my drool.

"She said she wanted to stop by and see her favorite great uncle. And I can drop her off at home once the numbing wears off."

"Are you sure? We can take her home." My dad spoke up.

"Oh no, it's no problem. I get to spend more time with my favorite grand niece." My great uncle smiled my way.

I could only imagine this is so awkward for Dr. Perez, especially since my uncle acted like he was uneducated.

Dr. Perez was the top of his class in dental school when he graduated a couple years ago, so he is so smart, which is why he works at my great uncles office because my great uncle wants the best and smartest from the dental academy.

"We'll see you at home, Sage." My parents said.

I wave to them, knowing that I couldn't dare speak.

My great uncle escorts my parents out of the exam room. And I'm left alone with Dr. Perez.

I look back at him as he was already snapping on a pair of gloves.

"Let's try this again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 9.2K 35
Cover made by: @_navyblueee_ "Pretty little things can be deadly too" I never understood pain until I was taken, and I didn't know love until they fo...
68 10 12
A young doctor falls in love with a patient, but there is another secret admirer. Soon she finds herself in a love triangle. Wattpad Top Picks List 2...
461 47 22
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭'𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈'𝐦 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭...
513K 13.7K 35
I woke up because I felt something on my throat making it hard for me to breath, I look up to see Leonardo is looking down at me while smirking, his...