The Ugly One *Charlie Weasley*

By HopefulNiall

Beauty and confidence destroyed by an ugly mark, Saffron Hawthorn believed she'd never be loved again. And st... More

The Ugly One *Charlie Weasley*
Intrigued
Afternoon Awakening
Dinner Disaster
Stay
Departure
Eggs On Toast
Packing
Platform Nine and 3/4
Watch
Accidental Ledge
Fear
Wake Up
Explanations
Disappointment
Remus Lupin
Diagon Alley
Expectations and Apologies
Having To Go
Snow Day
Guilt and Uneaten Sandwiches
Caught
Curiosity Killed The Cat But Satisfaction Brought It Back
Home
A/N
Lies and Truths
Sorted
Christmas
Boxing Day
New Years
Desire For Peace
Crazy
Twists
Different Types Of Anger
Understood
Future Thoughts
Heey
Obssessed
Rainy Kisses and Missed Birthdays
A Molly Weasley DnM
Names
Wizarding Wars
St Mungos
The End of Times
First Day
It's All Good
Jealous Maybe
Missed
Trust?
Rivalry
Aftermath Feelings
Aftermath Feelings - Part 2
Two Can Play
Saturday Dance Night
Friends
Do You Love Me
Skillz
Good
Promotion
First Date
Thank you <3
Questions!
Authors Note!
Yay!
Epilogue

Romania

2.2K 72 9
By HopefulNiall

"We've got everything," Saffron reassured Molly with a smile. 

"The food? All your belongings?"

"Everything, I promise."

"Don't forget to write hey Charlie," George said. 

"Course not Georgie," Charlie smiled ruffling his brothers hair. 

"You too Saffron," George smiled. 

"I will, I promise," Saffron nodded. 

"Good."

"Now you're sure you have way to get over?" Molly asked. 

"Yep, every things been organised," Charlie said for the seven hundredth time that hour alone. 

"Good. If you need anything you can always send for us," Molly said. 

"Thank," Saffron said. 

"Time for goodbyes then," Charlie said and they soon found themselves moving throughout the large group of Weasley's, minus Bill and Fleur who had already left. 

"I'll see you next time Ginny," Saffron said giving Ginny a hug.

"Yeah, have a safe trip. Can't wait for you to come back," Ginny replied as they pulled apart. 

"Was great meeting you Percy," Saffron said giving him a hug. 

"And you Saffron. Take care," Percy replied.

"Have a safe trip Saffron," Hermione said.

"I will, thank you Hermione."

"See you Ron," Ron blushed giving Saffron a hug. 

"See ya Saffron. Charlie make sure to take care of her," Ron said. 

Saffron smiled as Charlie scoffed telling him of course. 

"Be good Harry."

"I'll try," Harry grinned. 

"I'll miss you Saffron," George said into her shoulder. 

"I'll miss you George!" Saffron gave him a tight hug before letting him go. 

"Now Saffron, I hope to see you again soon. Next time Charlie's back, you come back too alright?" Arthur ordered with a smile 

"It would be an absolute pleasure, thank you Arthur," Saffron smiled back giving him a quick hug. "And thank you for everything."

"Anytime."

"Oh Molly," Saffron said wrapping her arms around Molly's shaking frame. 

"I'm ok, I'll be fine," Molly sniffed. "Thank you so much Saffron."

"Thank you Molly, you've done so much. I an't wait to come back," Saffron hugged her tighter.

"Me neither!"

"I promise to take care of Charlie. No injuries this trip," Saffron promised as she broke apart from her and walking back to stand next to Charlie. 

"We'll see you soon," Charlie promised and held out his hand to Saffron. 

Saffron blew a kiss before taking Charlie's hand and looking up at him as he turned and the burrow and all the Weasleys disappeared and were replaced by blurred colours and a weird sickening feeling inside Saffron's stomach. 

Suddenly they were standing along a beach, just by the waters edge. The sun was out and warmth swept over them. 

"I'm going to miss them so much," Saffron said. 

"I always do," Charlie admitted, before turning to smile at Saffron. "Just you and me now for the next however long."

"That's right," Saffron smiled as Charlie's arm snaked around his waist pulling her close to him. Her hands rested on his chest and she leaned up to meet his lips. 

They hadn't been like that a minute when a screech came from nearby and gorgeous green scaled dragon stood nearby. 

"Ah, our ride m'lady," Charlie said bowing. Saffron laughed, curtsying before making her way over to the gorgeous creature. She reached a hand out the dragon's nose met her hand. 

"He's beautiful," Saffron smiled. 

"Isn't he? Hey Mullo, how you doing," Charlie patted the dragons shoulder. Saffron made her way over to Charlie and he helped her up before bringing himself up to sit behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and she leaned into him as Mullo took off flying over the ocean. 

"Will I get to see you much once we get there?"

"Well I will come see you every opportunity I get," Charlie promised. "So each night, each morning and every time I get an injury."

"I can live with that. Though I'd rather not the injury bit," Saffron grimaced. "I've had enough experience seeing you in pain to last me three lifetimes."

Charlie smiled leaning down to kiss her cheek, she was so amazing and he cant believe he had her. 

"Maybe we could have a sleepover sometime?" Charlie asked. Saffron raised an eyebrow, unsure whether or not she was supposed to read into it or not. 

"Maybe we could," she agreed. 

She closed her eyes, enjoying these moments as they flew across the water, it was so peaceful and soon enough she drifted off, only to be awoken later once they had arrived on shore. 

She was still rubbing her eyes as Charlie sent Mullo off. 

"He's going to fly himself back and we will apparate," Charlie explained. 

"We should eat first," Saffron said opening her pack. 

"Good idea," Charlie said accepting the wrapped sandwhich Molly had lovingly made. 

The two ate quickly before taking each others hand and apparating a bit further, both feeling a bit queasy. 

"Maybe we should have waited to eat," Saffron frowned clutching her stomach. 

"Let's just rest a moment," Charlie took her hand and pulled her to him. Wrapping her arms around him Saffron took a few deep breaths until she was feeling better. 

She pulled back and Charlie gave her yet another kiss. 

"Sorry, I'm being very clingy today," Charlie blushed. "I just know I'm going to miss seeing you all day everyday."

"It's fine! I'm going to miss you too but we'll get used to it and it will become normal. At least we will be seeing each other," Saffron pointed out and Charlie agreed before Saffron gave him a teasing peck. 

"Let's go," Saffron smiled, tightening her grasp on Charlie's hand. 

Charlie smiled turning the two of them disapparating. 

The two soon ended at two giant gates. 

"Charlie!" A short guy said from a small window in the gate. 

"Hey Mac!" Charlie said making his way over to him. He was wearing a grey long sleeved button up and a matching work hat. His face was grabby and he sported a small beard. 

"Nice to see you finally," Mac grinned, his teeth a bright white compared to his dirty face. 

"You too. Hey this is Saffron," Charlie pushed Saffron forward. 

"Hello there Saffron. What can I do for you?" he tipped his hat to her. 

"Well, I am new starting here," Saffron said. 

"Ah right. What is your full name?" he asked. 

"Saffron Hawthorn," Saffron said. 

"Ah Hawthorn, yep, right here. I just need you to sign here and these are yours," he said passing her a whole heap of papers and a key. 

"Great thanks," Saffron smiled signing her name before entering with Charlie. 

The first thing she saw was a whole heaps of houses. 

"This is where we will live,' Charlie explained, he took one of her sheets of paper.

"You aren't too far from me," Charlie grinned taking her to her house. "Now we usually have one or two roommates."

"That's fine," Saffron smiled and soon enough she was unlocking the door to her house. 

It was tidy as anything inside, everything a dark colour and a picture of a large golden horntail hung on the wall over a brown lounge chair. 

"You're Saffron!" a perky face popped around the corner.

"Yeah," Saffron said.

"I'm Erica! Hey Charlie!" she smiled greeting Charlie. 

"Hey Erica," Charlie gave a small wave. 

"I've been wondering when you were going to arrive," Erica smiled. She was quite pretty, slender with dark brown eyes and matching straight brown hair. Her skin was an olive colour and she had a big smile. 

"Yeah, been a bit delayed," Saffron said. 

"Well you're hear now!"

"That's it!"

"Hey Charlie, do you wanna go get settled in? I can show Saffron about?" Erica suggested.

"Oh if you're sure," Charlie frowned. 

"Of course I am!" Erica said. 

"It's fine. Go get settled. We'll catch up later," Saffron said putting a hand on Charlie's arm. 

"Ok," he said. "I'll see you at dinner." He smiled giving her hand a squeeze, waving at Erica before heading out to his own place.

"He's so cute Charlie. How do you know him?" Erica asked. 

"Oh, we are uhm actually dating," Saffron said. 

"Oh! Sorry!" Erica blushed. 

"It's ok. We only met at his brothers wedding," Saffron explained. 

"Well that's wonderful, congratulations!" she smiled. "Now this is your room in here."

Erica showed her around the house before taking her for a walk around. 

"So are you healer or dealer?" Erica asked.

"Sorry?" Saffron asked and Erica laughed. 

"Sorry. Do you heal or work with the dragons?" she asked. 

"Oh right! I'm a healer. You?"

"Healer, I'll show you the hospital. It's my one day off and usually I avoid this place but I can make an exception."

Saffron was fascinated with the hospital. Everything was so tidy and orderly. A few men and women sat around being tended to for burns and other injuries and Saffron was able to meet the head healer Melody, who was about sixty years old with grey hair, but a friendly face. 

"And all the dragons are out there but we have to get back to get ready for dinner," Erica said and Saffron found herself used to the way she talked a mile a minute already. 

The two hurried back to shower. Both dressed in jeans and sweaters and Erica took her to the dining hall. 

Saffron smiled when she saw Charlie over in the corner, laughing and having a banter with the other guys. As much as Saffron wanted to sit next to him, she thought it better to leave him having his fun. 

"You can sit with us," Erica smiled after they grabbed some dinner and led her over to a small group of three girls and two boys.

"Hey guys this is Saffron. Saffron this is Redge, Albana, Stefan, Christiana and Youta," she introduced them each. 

"Nice to meet you Saffron," the woman introduced as Youta smiled with a thick accent, where from Saffron couldn't put her finger on it. 

"So healer or dealer?" Redge asked with an America accent. 

"Healer, you?" Saffron asked looking around the table. 

"We're all healers," Christiana said in a thick Irish accent. 

"Oh cool," Saffron smiled. 

"Is this your first time working around dragons?" Albana asked, also an american accent. 

"Oh no I've been working around dragons for about six, seven years now."

"Vere did you work before zen?" Stefan proved to be french. 

"Bulgaria," Saffron said. 

"Cool, we'll be lucky to have you then," Erica smiled. 

Saffron got along very well this all six healers and enjoyed their company so much Charlie had left her mind for a while.

"Hey," Saffron jumped from the voice beside her. 

"Charlie you scared me," she laughed not even having to turn around. Youta moved over, making room for Charlie to squeeze in. 

"Sorry," he smiled.

"It's fine," she smiled. Charlie pecked her cheek and turned to the others. 

"I see your meeting some great people. How are you guys?" Charlie asked. All replied enthusiastically. "That's great."

Charlie answered a few questions before turning to murmur softly to Saffron. 

"You didn't come over?" 

"Sorry. I didn't want to interrupt," Saffron smiled apologetically.

"It's ok. Want to meet me outside in five? I've just go to go and see Lenard quickly."

"Sure, I'll meet you in five," Saffron nodded. 

Charlie smiled, giving her a small kiss before jumping up and saying goodbye to the others before jogging off.

"Oh my gosh! Are you dating Charlie Weasley?" Youta asked.

"Uhm, yeah," Saffron bit her lip. 

"You are so lucky, Weasley is so fine," Albana sighed. 

"I never pictured him getting with anyone," Redge said. "Too much a free bird."

"Me neither, but Zaffron muzt be zomething," Stefan gave her a wink. 

"I'm nothing special but he is," she blurted and blushed at the awws.

"Anyways, I'm off to meet up with Charlie, I'll see you guys tomorrow and you later Erica," Saffron smiled, waving as she went and waited for Charlie out the front.

Only Charlie never came.

And after thirty minutes Saffron found herself wandering home along with Erica, trying to ignore the empty pit in her stomach and pretending she wasn't feeling as hurt as she was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4.7K 34
Leianna Sweary has been through a lot since her first year at Hogwarts. She has been through more than any typical teenager. Her first year resulted...
11.8K 281 35
𝐼𝓉'π“ˆ 𝓁𝑒𝒢𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 π‘œπ“ƒ, π‘’π“‹π‘’π“‡π“Ž 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 π“Œπ‘’ π“‰π‘œπ“Šπ’Έπ’½, 𝐿𝑒𝒢𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 π‘œπ“ƒ, π‘’π“‹π‘’π“‡π“Ž 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉 π’½π“Šπ“‡π“‰π“ˆ 𝐹𝑒𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 οΏ½...
539K 11.3K 71
Fred Weasley x F!Reader ----- When you stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time, you had no idea that you were about to meet who would be...
271 13 41
"You Don't understand. Me and you can never be together. Darkness and light never meets. The villain can't fall in love with the Hero" She was ordere...