When Shadows Intertwine with...

By buddy025

It seemed to be another ordinary day at U.A. But then Mr. Aizawa gave an announcement to the class saying tha... More

Ch 1: The New Girl
Ch 2: A Girl & Her Shadow
Ch 3: Lunch Date
Ch 4: A Strange Feeling
Ch 5: Starting Over
Ch 6: Costume Design
Ch 7: Getting Advice
Ch 8: Beauty in the Shadows
Ch 9: Surprise Me
Ch 10: Another Bumpy Encounter
Ch 11: Pairings
Ch 12: Training
Ch 14: Suppressing a Dark Power
Ch 15: Don't Provoke Me
Ch 16: Help This Bird Fly
Ch 17: A Little Shove
Ch 18: Requests
Ch 19: Distances & Apologies
Ch 20: Lost In The Song
Ch 21: A Rager?!
Ch 22: Meeting The Group
Ch 23: The Mall
Ch 24: Shopping
Ch 25: Old Friends, Old Enemies
😋Authors Note😋
Ch 26: Stand Your Ground
Ch 27: Party Time
Ch 28: Drunken Mistakes
Ch 29: Awkward
Ch 30: It's a Long Story
One-Shot: Happy Birthday
Ch 31: A Moment Of Weakness
❤️Authors Note🖤
💜Authors Note, again🖤
Ch 32: To Be? Or Not To Be?
One-Shot: Monthly
Ch 33: Are They Together Now?
💗Authors Note💚
One-Shot: ☁️Nightmares☁️
Ch 34: Take Things Slow
Ch 35: Swift Shadows
One-Shot: ☁️Comfort☁️
Ch 36: An Accident
Ch 37: Stalking
Ch 38: My Darling
One-Shot: 🍋A Good Workout🍋
Ch 39: A Terrible Reminder
Ch 40: First Date
❤️Authors Note🧡
Ch 41: Almost Caught
Ch 42: A Big Question & A Big Answer
Help our gofund.me!

Ch 13: The Next Match Has Been Made

276 11 4
By buddy025

(Sry for the wait guy's, I've been busy lately and I'll probably be more busy but I'm gonna try to squeeze in more writing time. I Promise but for now enjoy this chapter, and thx for waiting:)

Setting: Battle Center: Surveillance Room
N: It was Tokoyami vs Kirishima and both were waiting for Mr. Aizawa's word for them to make a move. Everyone was watching them through the screens, Kirishima showed that same goofy smile as always but Tokoyami was a little off.

Mr. Aizawa: "Go ahead." He said through the microphone.

Kirishima: "Let's do this." He said as he hardened his arms.

Tokoyami: "Dark Shadow!"

N: His shadow appeared beside him and after that the boys were on the move. Kirishima's guard was up even more since he didn't know where Tokoyami would pop up from. Tokoyami proceeded with caution as well, but he may seem like he's focused on the task at hand but in truth his thoughts are more concentrated on something else.

~Flashback~
Aika: "Hey Toko. Good luck." She said with a small partial smile.
~End of Flashback~

[Tokoyami's POV]
Why can't I get that out of my head? She's so...indescribable but confusing at the same time. I wish I could understand her better, she seems like a quiet type but then she acts like a person nobody should mess with. I just can't seem to get a read on her.

Dark Shadow: "Will you snap out of it. She's just a girl, why are you so interested in her? You sure you just don't have a crush on her?"

Tokoyami: "I thought I told you to stop saying that! I don't. She's just..strange, I just don't understand her. It's not a crush!"

Kirishima: "Gotcha!"

N: Kirishima popped up from above, he smashed through the floor he was on nearly landing on top of Tokoyami. Tokoyami dodged just before getting crushed.

Deku: "Whoa, what an attack!" He said through a shocked face.

Uraraka: "Yeah, and Tokoyami almost got crushed."

Iida: "Kirishima's actions were almost catastrophic! He could have harmed Tokoyami if he hadn't dodged in time!" He yelled as he chopped the air.

Mr. Aizawa: "Calm down, just be glad nothing happened. Though you're not wrong, Kirishima nearly crushed Tokoyami but he did act fast, without thinking twice. When your life is in danger you either can't move or your body starts moving on it's own and you won't even realize it." He said giving a concentrated stare towards the monitors.

Kirishima: "Woah. Oh man, guess I went a little overboard. Sorry Tokoyami, you good?" He asked in a concerning tone.

Tokoyami: "Yes, I think so." He said as he stood up.

Aika: "You have an opening, come on Tokoyami." She said under her breath while looking at the monitors.

N: Tokoyami's eyes widened then he took invasive maneuvers.

Tokoyami: "Dark Shadow!"

Dark Shadow: "Got it!"

Kirishima: "Huh? Whoa!"

N: Kirishima dodged Dark Shadow and went straight for Tokoyami. Tokoyami jumped back and Dark Shadow got in front of him.

Kaminari: "Whoa just like that?! Man Tokoyami had no hesitation to go for Kirishima." He said as he placed his hand on his waist.

Jiro: "I can say the same about Kirishima. That hard head is fast, I'll give em that."

Kirishima: "Okay, not bad. But attacking when my guards down, seriously?" He said giving a confused look.

Tokoyami: "Forgive me, but our goal is to try to immobilize or force our opponent to surrender. I was just following the instructions we were given."

Kirishima: "Fair enough man, but next time you won't get the drop on me so easily." He told him giving a competitive grin as he hardened his arms more.

N: The fight was at a pause as they continued to stare at one another. Everyone in the surveillance room was in a state of anticipation, just waiting for someone to make a move.

Aika: 'Come on..just one of you make a move.' She thought giving a hard stare at the monitors.

Tokoyami: "Now! Dark Shadow!" He called out to the shadow in front of him.

Dark Shadow: "I'm on it! Arahh!"

N: Dark Shadow lunged at Kirishima striking him, Kirishima fell backwards onto the floor.

Kirishima: "Ughh...ah!" He rubbed his head then rolled over to avoid getting pinned by Dark Shadow.

Dark Shadow: "Dang it!" He said as he slammed his hand on the spot where Kirishima was.

Kirishima: "Arrragh!"

N: Kirishima hardened his leg and kicked Dark Shadow in the face, sending him backwards. Dark Shadow clawed the floor trying to stop himself.

Dark Shadow: "Errrr! Raaahh!"

N: Dark Shadow lunged back at Kirishima striking three times stronger. Kirishima kept his arms up as shields, but each time Dark Shadow struck him he was pushed back a few steps. Tokoyami took a couple steps forward behind his shadow each time Dark Shadow hit Kirishima.

Sero: "Whoa their really going at it. Looks like Dark Shadow has Kirishima on the ropes." He said giving a nervous smile.

Kaminari: "Yeah no kidding. Uhh Mr. Aizawa, shouldn't you stop them?" He asked as he raised his hand to tap his teachers shoulder.

Aizawa: "Not yet. Trust me students...not yet. But.."

N: He grabbed the microphone and looked at the screen that showed the boys fighting with a tired and serious glare.

Aizawa: "Tokoyami! That's enough." He called out through the microphone as his hair began to float.

N: Tokoyami jumped up then froze as he heard his teachers voice. And he called Dark Shadow back. Kirishima was breathing heavily and nothing but the expression of exhaustion was shown. Tokoyami stood in front of Kirishima waiting for him to catch his breath.

Kirishima: 'Damn it! I'm running out of steam.' He thought as he wiped his forehead.

N: Kirishima took a few more deep breaths as he turned off his quirk. He placed his hands on his knees looking down at the floor. Tokoyami took a few steps forward towards Kirishima.

Tokoyami: "My friend, are you alright?" He asked standing in front of him.

Kirishima: *pant* *pant* "Yeah..." *pant* "I'm good. Nice shots by the way. You've really gotten stronger." He said giving him a smile.
"Alright man, you win."

N: Tokoyami stuck his hand out to Kirishima and Kirishima took it. Kirishima gave him a light punch on the shoulder and Tokoyami just nodded his head. They both proceeded to the exit and headed towards the surveillance room.

Deku: "Wow, Tokoyami's quirk is amazing. He must of had a strategy to beat Kirishima." He said bringing his hand to his chin.

Uraraka: "Yeah it's really impressive. I can't believe that Kirishima gave up, I thought he'd keep fighting."

Iida: "Indeed, but we can't argue with the outcome of the match. Kirishima gave it his all and so did Tokoyami! Yes, so we should be supportive to both our classmates!" He told them as he chopped the air left and right.

Kaminari: "I Kinda feel bad Kirishima might of won that." He said as he was focusing on the boy's.

Yaoyorozu: "It's not that simple. Tokoyami's Dark Shadow is powerful and will have no hesitation on attacking." She stated with her arms crossed.

Kaminari: "And you know that better than the rest of us, huh Yaoyorozu?" He said with a grin.

Yaoyorozu: "What's that supposed to mean?!"

Kaminari: "Oh come you know, the sports festival. Tokoyami pushed you out of bounds in seconds. Just before you could even make a move." He told her smiling as he put his hands in his pockets.

N: Aika overheard Kaminari and Yaoyorozu's conversation and she showed an angry scowl. She stood up straight and focused on Kaminari's shadow. Her eyes glowed red and her hair started to float up, she rose her hand up and curled her fingers back, almost forming a fist.

Kaminari: "I mean, just be glad you didn't get paired up with Tokoyami. I'm not trying to be rude Yaoyorozu I'm just being logical..Ahhh!"

N: Kaminari fell face first onto the ground. Everyone turned around and looked at Kaminari and they saw him twitching. Kaminari grunted and got on all fours and looked at everyone.

Kaminari: "Okay, who tripped me?! Someone pushed and tripped me, who was it?" He asked as he rubbed his head.

Sero: "Dude nobody tripped you. You sure you didn't just lose your balance?" He asked as he helped him up.

Kaminari: "No I'm sure, I felt someone or something push me from behind, then something just tripped me as I fell. So who was it?"

N: Everyone look at Kaminari like he was crazy. But then everyone saw Aika and how she had her hand out with her eyes glowing, and her hair floating. Sero turned Kaminari around to face Aika, and when Kaminari saw Aika he flinched and took a step back. Aika put her hand down and her hair stopped floating, and her eyes went back to normal.

Aika: "It's rude to make jokes like that Kaminari. Say something like that again, and I'll do more than push and trip you." She said as she gave him a glare.

Kaminari: "Eeek!" He said as he held onto Sero's arm.

N: Aika leaned back against the wall with her arms crossed and closed her eyes. Everyone exchanged glances at each other then the door opened and almost everyone jumped up. Aika opened her eyes and looked to the side and saw Kirishima and Tokoyami.

Kirishima: "Man, what a work out. What's with you guy's, you look like you just saw a ghost." He said as he rose a brow.

Aika: "Their all just jumpy from seeing your match." She said as she looked at her classmates.

N: Everyone got quite and some of them shuddered as they looked Aika in the eyes. Then they all gave nervous smiles and nervous chuckles.

Kaminari: "Uhh yeah, yeah that's it. Hehe, yeah."

Uraraka: "Yep, Totally."

Yaoyorozu: "It was getting pretty intense between you two. Hehe."

Kirishima: "Okaay?" He said as he scratched the back of his head.

N: Kirishima and Tokoyami looked at Aika who was giving the class a glare. They both looked back at each other for a moment, then Kirishima just shrugged at Tokoyami. They both looked at their classmates then looked back at Aika.

"I wonder what she did to them?" They both thought.

Aika: "Alright enough of this, Mr. Aizawa, can I proceed to my match?" She asked looking at her teacher who was nearly passed out.

Aizawa: "Sure, go ahead. Whoever you're fighting first can go with you."

N: Everyone tensed up a little because they remembered that she's fighting Bakugou. They all looked at Aika with a bit of worry, but Bakugou just gave a grin. Aika nodded her head and walked towards the door passing Kirishima and Tokoyami. Then she froze in place.

Aika: "Mineta." She said with her back turned to the class.

Mineta: "Ahh! Uhh, I mean yeah?" He said as he started to shake.

Aika: "Let's go." She told him as she walked out the door.

Mineta: "Ugh, just kill me, please." He said in a miserable expression.

N: He walked out the door following Aika. Everyone was in a state of relief that she wouldn't be facing Bakugou first. But Bakugou felt frustrated for waiting so long to fight. Tokoyami looked at Bakugou and saw how impatient he was being, this made him worry for their match.

[Tokoyami's POV]
Now I'm worried for Amari. Mineta is one thing she can handle, but I'm not sure she can hold her own against Bakugou. But all I can do is have faith in her, and hope that she won't be harmed. Hmm? Does she even have a strategy against Bakugou?
~Flashback~
Aika: "Any small object or idea can be useful. If I know how to use it, then the playing field will be changed or leveled."
~End of Flashback~
I know I told her I understood what she was talking about but in truth, I don't. But all I can do is wait and see what will happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 237 35
"Can I trust you?" Secrets are made to be hidden but others are not that good in hiding them. 'Miyamoto Nanako', a simple girl living a simple life...
3.7K 153 10
Prejudical eyes followed Toshiro around as a child, before he went into the academy. He believed that no one outside granny and Momo thought of him a...
303 30 30
A vigilante Hero was out one night and saw a person fighting a whole group of Villains all by themselves, but the problem is that they're badly injur...
18.7K 1K 20
Now with school going on and a new family with them Tokoyami and Izuku sure have a new world laid before them. However is it really soo new when they...