Longing Through The Silence [...

By johnnysratwig

The demon clan, a clan thought to be extinct. The remaining survivor is a girl of 14, (Y/N) (L/N), a warm and... More

キャラクタープロフィール | Character Profile
ハンター試験パート一 | The Hunter Exam Part 1
ハンター試験パート二 | The Hunter Exam Part 2
ハンター試験パート三 | The Hunter Exam Part 3
ハンター試験パート四 | The Hunter Exam Part 4
ハンター試験パート五 | The Hunter Exam Part 5
ハンター試験パート六 | The Hunter Exam Part 6
ハンター試験パート七 | The Hunter Exam Part 7
ハンター試験パート八 | The Hunter Exam Part 8
ハンター試験パート九 | The Hunter Exam Part 9
ハンター試験パート十 | The Hunter Exam Part 10
ハンター試験パート十一 | The Hunter Exam Part 11
ハンター試験パート十二 | The Hunter Exam Part 12
ハンター試験パート十三 | The Hunter Exam Part 13
ハンター試験パート十四 | The Hunter Exam Part 14
ハンター試験パート十六 | The Hunter Exam Part 16
ハンター試験パート十七 | The Hunter Exam Part 17
ハンター試験パート十八 | The Hunter Exam Part 18
ゾルディック家 パート一 | Zoldyck Family Part 1
ゾルディック家 パート二 | Zoldyck Family Part 2
ゾルディック家 パート三 | Zoldyck Family Part 3
天空闘技場パート一 | Heavens Arena Part 1
天空闘技場パート二 | Heavens Arena Part 2
天空闘技場パート三 | Heavens Arena Part 3
キャラクタープロフィール | Character Profile [UPDATED]
天空闘技場パート四 | Heavens Arena Part 4
天空闘技場パート五 | Heavens Arena Part 5

ハンター試験パート十五 | The Hunter Exam Part 15

12.7K 488 196
By johnnysratwig

(Y/N) continues on her journey around the island, stopping once she senses a familiar presence. It was Killua. Excitedly, she runs up behind the boy, tackling him in a hug. "(Y/N)!" Killua shouts, trying to balance her weight. "Are you scouting the island too?"

(Y/N) nods her head. 

"Great, we can go together if you want?" Killua offers, a small blush dusting his cheeks. (Y/N) nods, giving a closed eyed smile. The two continue, walking hand in hand. They walk for a good hour before Killua stops, sighing. 

"You've been following us since we started. It's pretty damn obvious. You wanna play? Come on out," Killua says. (Y/N) also knew that someone was following them. Well, more specifically, her target, but she decided not to do anything. 

Killua shrugs, continuing to walk with (Y/N). They walk until morning, when Killua turns back around. "You're wasting your time. Follow us all you want, but we'll never give you a chance to attack." Killua sighs upon getting no response. "Come out or I'll come to you." The two walk over to where the brother is hiding. "This really is a pain you know. Chances are you're only worth one lousy point. That is, unless you're (Y/N)'s target," Killua says nonchalantly.

"Big brother!" The two hear, seeing two figures approaching. 

"We ran into a little trouble," the lanky one admits.

"You must be done, right?" Asks the bigger one. They then notice (Y/N) and Killua. The two brothers stomp over to their other brother, kicking him around.

"What are you, an idiot?!"

"You can't even beat some little kids?! Gimme a break!"

"Hold on, you got it all wrong big brother!" (Y/N)'s target pleads.

"And what part do I have wrong?!"

"I...I didn't want to hurt little kids, that's all. I thought I'd just hold of and take them while they slept."

"You're so full of it!"

"F-f-fine, you got me! And you're right, I guess I should wrap this up. Time for a beat down," speaks (Y/N)'s target as he turns around to face the two. "Alright kids, how about you hand them over," he smirks, standing over the two. "Do as I say and you won't get hurt."

Killua lets go of (Y/N)'s hand, talking back. "Idiot." The brother kicks Killua back, causing (Y/N) to growl.

"Don't go saying I didn't warn ya! Haha! Bam! Right in the gut!" He laughs.

"Must hurt like hell," the bigger brother comments. Killua jumps back up easily, surprising (Y/N)'s target.

"What the hell bro? You go easy on the squirt?" Asks the lanky brother.

"Yeah, you're way too nice, Imori."

"Oh, uh, right."

Killua reaches into his pocket, taking out Imori's badge. "You're number 198 huh?" Killua tosses the badge to (Y/N), who has stopped growling. She catches it, putting it in her haori. "Since it's only one number off from the one I'm looking for, I'm betting that 199 must be one of you two, am I right?"

"Hey, Umori," says the lanky brother.

"Yeah," Umori responds.

"Get into formation, let's do this. I'm pretty sure they aren't ordinary kids."

The three then form a triangle around the two, trapping them. Killua smirks, tapping (Y/N)'s hand. "Just leave this to me," he whispers before disappearing. Killua reappears behind the lanky brother, kicking him behind the knee and holding his now sharp nails up against his neck. "Don't move, Okay? My fingers here cut a lot better than any knife." He then takes his badge, groaning. "Aw man, you're number 197. Damn, I really am bad at guessing these things. Hey," he turns to Umori. "Are you 199?"

"Yeah..."

"Give it," Killua orders. 

Umori grits his teeth, tossing him the badge. "Thank you. Now then, for the one I don't need." Killua tosses the badge away at an alarming speed, sending it flying. "Good luck. You've got three days left to find it. I'll see you later!" Killua grabs (Y/N)'s hand, disappearing with her.

"Aw man, this is so boring," Killua whines, tossing Umori's badge up and down. (Y/N) nods slightly.  "I wonder what Gon's up to right now..."

----

"Phase 4 of the hunter exam is now officially over! All remaining applicants please return to the starting point at once! You will be given one additional hour to make your way back. If you still have't returned by the time that hour is up, you will fail the exam!" Comes Khara's voice over a loudspeaker. "Furthermore, exchanging badges at the starting point is prohibited! Any attempt to do so will result in immediate disqualification."

(Y/N) and Killua stand together at the starting point, (Y/N) looking rather nervous. She had hoped to see Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio already here, but they weren't, leaving her to worry.

"Now, we will check the badges of everyone present here!!" Khara announced. "Number 44 Mr. Hisoka!" Hisoka showed four badges. "Number 53, Mr. Pokkle! Number 99, Mr. Killua! Number 402, Ms. (Y/N)! Number 301 Mr. Gittarackur! Number 191, Mr. Bodoro! Number 294, Mr. Hanzo! So, only 7 applicants have passed? Oh wait!"

(Y/N) turns around, seeing her three friends walking up to the starting point. She immediately runs over to them, engulfing them in a big hug, leaving a dejected Killua behind. "(Y/N)!" Gon and Kurapika smile at the girl.

"Three more! You're certainly cutting it close, aren't you? Now, the last three! They are number 404, Mr. Kurapika! Number 403, Mr. Leorio, and number 405, Mr. Gon! So, these ten applicants have passed the fourth phase of the exam!"

After the fourth phase, everyone gathers back on the airship to be taken to the final phase. (Y/N) stands with Killua until she hears a voice over the loudspeaker. It was beans. 

"Attention all applicants. The chairman wishes to interview you. When you hear your number, come to the reception room on the second floor. We'll start with number 44, Mr. Hisoka. Thank you for your cooperation."

After a while of waiting, (Y/N)'s number is finally called. 

"Please, make yourself comfortable," Netero says as (Y/N) sits down, crossing her legs. "I just want to ask you a few questions, mostly to satisfy my curiosity." (Y/N) hums, signaling that she agrees to answer his questions. "To start with, why do you want to become a hunter?" (Y/N) hums as Netero hands her a piece of paper and an ink brush. (Y/N) takes the items, writing down the same answer as before. 'I wish to make allies and protect them.'

"I see, I see. Moving on to the next question, out of all the other applicants, which one are you keeping a close eye on?" Netero asks. (Y/N) thinks for a minute before writing down her answer. 'Number 44, Hisoka.' Netero nods. "Alright. One last question, then we're done. Which of the remaining applicants would you least like to fight?" (Y/N) is quick to write down her answer, not hesitating at all. 'Numbers 99, 403, 404, and 405!'

"Thank you very much. That'll be all now." (Y/N) hums, standing up and walking out. Later that evening, she stands with Gon, looking out of the window on the airship.

"Gon, (Y/N), so we made it to the final phase," Kurapika speaks, approaching the two. Gon and (Y/N) nod, turning back to look out the window. "Gon, did something happen in the fourth phase?" Kurapika wonders, (Y/N) looking over to Gon curiously. "Since we met up you've been acting strangely and I'm getting concerned. Ever since we've left Zevil island, you've seemed rather quiet."

"My target was Hisoka," Gon reveals, leaving Kurapika to gasp slightly. "I waited for the perfect chance and stole his badge, but someone else was following me, and he got me with a poison dart. After that, Hisoka showed up and took his badge from the guy who took it from me, and then left it. He said I owed him now."

"He really said that?"

"I said I didn't need it and he sent me flying. I was just so mad at myself. I couldn't do anything! I was helpless against him," Gon cries, tears streaming down his face. (Y/N)'s expression softens as she engulfs him into a hug, one which he easily melts into. Kurapika gazes at Gon, slightly jealous, but decides to let it slide seeing as Gon was crying. Gon then wipes his tears away, laughing slightly as (Y/N) lets him go. "And when he left, I got so miserable and lonely. It was just awful! I guess it hurt to realize that I wasn't strong enough to challenge him. That's why, I wanted some company. I wanted to find somebody I could help, I guess. That's when I decided to look for the two of you. You and Leorio that is..."

"Gon. Without your assistance, Leorio and I never would have made it this far." Kurapika smiles at the smaller boy. "Thank you, for everything."

Gon smiles back. "I feel the same way. Thank you, too."

(Y/N) gives a closed eyed smile to both of them, engulfing them both in a warm hug. The two blush, relishing the contact.

----

I'm going to try and update this story more frequently 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347 24 10
˚₊‧꒰ა ♱ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ "Something is stirring deep underground... you need to get out of here." Words from a mysterious voice spoke. Although Yocelin has tho...
316K 8.1K 30
Y/N is from a small no nothing town and over hears about the Hunter's Exam. And so,she takes it. She meets Gon,Kurapika,Leorio and Killua...and has a...
12.6K 227 8
First Book Taking Tips 👌 A demon making friends in the hunter exam. Will she fall for one of them? And who will that be?? You yes YOU. You are one...
449K 14.6K 33
COMPLETED at 79092 Words (only story) 'Remember. Control.' Ding. I walk into a underground tunnel that seems to have no exit except the weird elevato...