Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

By NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... More

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)
Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 31 Family (Edited)
Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 39 The realised Truth
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 44

41 4 7
By NurainiSalleh

Hi guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR! To start off the new year, here is another chapter and more drama! so i hope you like this chapter as it kinda took me a while to figure where to place some scenes.

Well, on with the story then!

Ryder's POV

"GET OUT!, GET THE FUCK OUT OF ME! YOU SON OF A ME!" mom yelled from the top of her lungs and shouting at the babies that are still not coming out.

"Mom? Are you having contractions?" I asked her.

"No honey, why do you ask?" she said calmly to me.

"You are shouting at the babies for no reason"

"No! There is a reason and that is because- wait, how did you know i was having .....DAMN AIKO!" mom started yelling again.

Dr Aiko came into the room and mom started glaring at her. "Okay Stella, what's wrong now?"

"YOU! That's what's wrong! Why did you tell Ryder about the triplets?"

I can see Dr Aiko has a guilty expression on her face" W-well, it's not only my fault, I accidentally said babies, Kei was the one that said triplets."

Then I heard footsteps coming towards the room and saw dad walking into the argument. "What is happening here?" he asked while he looked at me.

"Andy, Aiko here told Ryder about the triplets. Like seriously Aiko, what if I told your kids that you and Kei thought of having another kid?" mom said and Dr Aiko was shocked.

"Stella, I know you're saying that because you want the kids to come out and i am not going to lose my job because i am arguing with a patient, we can argue after the babies are born. Outside of the hospital" Dr Aiko said looking angrily at mom.

"Sorry Aiko, I'm just so tired with these babies, seriously I am never having another kid ever again." mom said, holding her belly. "Never!"

Dr Aiko's expression changed and she started laughing. "Yeah, that is what you said when you had Ryder and 6 more kids later you have 3 more. You can't stop having kids even if you want to."

"Yeah, well i am serious, now i just want to sleep and rest." mom started to yawn and just a few seconds later she started snoring.

After that, dad started apologizing to Aiko and Aiko said it was fine and said it was also her mistake as well but i think they kinda forgot that i was in the room. Later on, Ella came back smiling and it looked weird. I was about to ask her what happened but I don't think she can answer me with the headphones on and I don't want to disturb her.

Dr Aiko was about to leave but saw me and came towards me. "Hey Ryder, what your mom said about me thinking about having another kid. If you can keep that a secret from Kimi, Kira and the twins, it would really help me because i am not sure about the kid thing either."

"It's okay Dr Aiko, it's actually none of my business and i won't tell them so don't worry." I said , smiling at her.

"Good boy." she said patting my shoulder. "But you can call me Auntie Aiko you know? I don't know why you keep calling me Doctor even though i'm not at work."

"Because you deserve that title." I said smirking at her and she smiled back at me.

Dr Aiko then left the room and I just continued scrolling my phone, while dad was talking on the phone outside the room to my grandparents to check on the others. After an hour or so I heard mom was grunting and started sweating, I came nearer to her and her breathing was shallow, she woke up suddenly and when she saw me, she held my arm.

She breathed heavily and started saying. "Call Aiko and your daddy NOW!" she started screaming and she squeezed my arm harder. "FUCK MY WATER JUST BROKE! GET THEM IN HERE NOW!" She let me go and I went and called dad in and Dr Aiko as well.

Some nurses came in with Dr Aiko as well, I got Ella out of there while she was still wearing her headphones and didn't know what was going on, which I explained to her later after that.

Mom was having the triplets and all I could hear is Dr Aiko telling her to push and mom grunting in pain.

Aurora's POV

Uncle Toni and I were getting along pretty well and we had a lot in common, especially what surprises me that he used to play the piano and sing too. Shouldn't have been a surprise for me as he and dad were living in the same house for years, which made we wonder......

"Uncle Toni, Is it true that dad was adopted too?"i bluntly said

Uncle Toni was drinking a bottle of water and almost spit out when he heard what I asked. "Well." he cleared his throat before he spoke again. "Let me think, your abuela was the one that spilled that secret?"

"Yeah....." I said, grinning widely at him.

"It's true, your dad is adopted into the Rossi family but it doesn't matter to me as he is still my brother." I just nodded at him. "You want to know how he was adopted?"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed.

"Well, when I was a little boy, my mother, your abuela, would take me to this public playground and I would play there every chance I got. One day, when i went to that playground, i saw this boy who was alone and was stuck at the monkey bars and was about to fall but i ran to him and held his legs."

"That was dad, wasn't it?"

"Yes, it was and after that we became really close friends and your abuela saw us like brothers playing together. I thought we could see each other every day or even every weekend but one day something happened, your dad one time looked so sad that he didn't even want to play. That was when i found out that he was a foster kid and that his 'parents' were getting arrested today because they did a 'bad thing'."

"At that point, Your nonno, my father was the one that took me to the playground and noticed that something is wrong, your Aunt Sofia was there too. Your dad went and told everything that happened to him and it was horrifying, your dad didn't live a great life. He was tossed from family to family due to situations. He wasn't the lucky ones who got foster parents that were kind and would take care of him. He was very unlucky."

"What do you mean? What did his foster parents do to him?"

"Well,when we took him back to where he used to live, we saw police cars at his block and a man and woman were handcuffed. Some children were taken out of the house as well, so there was a woman that saw your dad and went running towards him telling him that she is glad that he was safe. She was part of the child protective services and she told him that he had to go back to the orphanage as there weren't any available foster parents to take him. I saw your dad's face and he was relieved to go back there instead of going to a random stranger's house."

"And sorry for not answering your questions but the truth of what your dad's foster parents did was really bad. Turns out that the Foster mom would hit the kids when she was drunk, including your dad and his foster dad....." he paused for a while. "Raped some of the girls that they were taking care of, which was girls under 18 and we also found out that he raped the girls as young as 13"

My eyes widened and I couldn't believe it, you heard stories about it but it would still be difficult to hear.

"Yup, and hearing that and knowing what it means from your Aunt Sofia and from Nonno, I didn't want him placed anywhere. So after we gave your dad to the woman and she sent him back to the orphanage, I pleaded with Nonno and Abuela to adopt your dad but they were not sure. Your Aunt Sofia saw how desperate i was and begged our parents as well which later on got Abuela asking what happened to the boy which Nonno told her and she was so shocked and horrified that she told your Nonno to find that boy and adopt him immediately."

"Wow"

"Yeah, your Abuela is amazing. She did have a selfish reason to adopt your dad, because she wanted another kid and when she saw how happy I was with your dad, that she didn't want us to stop being friends. The next day, when we were all asleep, your Nonno and Abuela went to the orphanage that your dad was placed in and when i woke up, i saw your dad eating breakfast in the kitchen and i hugged him."

"Awwwwww that is so cute!"

"Yup and that is the story of how your dad got adopted, and let's just say from his experience, adopting you was a no brainer." he said smiling at me.

"Umm...hello? Are you busy?" we heard a voice and we saw Sonia coming in.

"Hey Sonia!" i said

"Hey Aurora, Hi Mr Rossi" Sonia said looking happy to see both of us.

"Hi Sonia, you know you can call me Uncle Toni if you want. It's going to be very confusing when my dad and brother come in and we don't know who you are trying to call or greet." Uncle Toni laughed and so did Sonia.

"Okay, I'll think about it, i am just here to talk to Aurora."

"Oh okay then, I leave you to that," he said to Sonia and then faced me. "Aurora, I'm going to see where your aunt and grandparents are and maybe find your dad before visiting hours are over. Just take it easy okay? And get plenty of rest" he then patted my head.

Once he went out of the room, I realised there was something wrong with Sonia, she seemed very anxious for some reason. She sat at the chair next to my bed where Uncle Toni was and she started lowering her head and fidgeting.

"Sonia, is there something wrong?" i said while tilting my head to have a good look at her face which she tried to hide.

She looked up at me hesitantly. "Aurora, do you have a secret that you want to tell me? You know you can tell me anything, right?" she blurted out.

"Like what?" I was confused about what she meant.

"Oh i don't know something about you that you wanted me to know. Like maybe a special ability or maybe you can roll your tongue or maybe do magic?" she stared at me and I knew what she was hinting at.

*Wait? Does she know what I am? How? Is she one too? And Kimi......*

I then tried to turn it around and back to her. "Before i say yes or no, can you be more specific? Maybe telling me exactly what you mean, no beating around the bush, just blurt it out."

She then stood up and closed the door and went back to her seat, she looked at me again and finally said. "Aurora....... You are a witch aren't you?" she smirked at me.

I was shocked. "ARE YOU?!" and I saw her shook her head.

"I'm not, I'm a gypsy, not the travelling ones but the mythical ones." she said calmly while i was still in shock and feeling so excited at what i know now.

"How did you know that i am a witch then?"

"Well, when my mom did your reading, that should have been a clue but we were all not sure and then when your mom told us, that's when we knew that our speculation was true."

"Oh.....wait?! WE?! You mean the rest are."

"Well, not all of us, most of us."

"And Kimi is.....a......"

"Dragon. Same with K"

"Ohhhhhhh dragon. That makes more sense now."

"You knew?"

"Not exactly, she kinda controlled the out of control bunsen burner in class and i saw her put her hand in the flames and she didn't get hurt. So I thought she was a witch but a dragon makes more sense now." I looked at her and came in for a hug. "I can't believe you guys are Mystics? right , that is what we are called?"

"Yes, Mystics. That is what we called ourselves."

"That is just amazing, so you have been in the Mystic Realm before?" I asked her and she started to chuckle.

"Yeah, plenty of times. It's a beautiful place, the grass is greener, the sky is bluer, you can see all kinds of Mystic creatures but......" she then paused and looked down.

"But......"She then glanced at me. "Are you talking about the racism against mystic children born from a human-Mystic relationship? I know about that, that is why my mom didn't want us to go yet." I explained.

"Yeah, if you don't know anyone there and if they knew you are a.... halfer, they can be pretty brutal. I think the ones that know how that feels are me, Ryder and Eve, we have 1 human parent and we got teased a lot for it. Terrorised even, but Ryder not so much because he is the next-" suddenly we heard the door opened and saw Josh was standing there.

"Oh,there you are Sonia. Auri? You're awake?" he came nearer to me and patted my head like I was a puppy. "How is my sister who might give me an early heart attack one day?"

"I'm fine" I rolled my eyes at him. But after that, I noticed that he was staring and smiling at Sonia in a flirty kind of way?

"So...... Sonia, can i get your number?" Josh then looked at me. "You know for....school purposes, like homework from the clases Aurora might have with you." he stuttered.

Sonia chuckled and asked for his phone and put her number in his contacts. When I look at the situation and how they communicate with each other, I use my detective skills to see the scene in front of me and what I saw was similar to an anime I have seen. It was also used in tv shows before as well, the way they look at each other i know what was going on but i kept quiet for a while.

"Thanks Sonia." he said while gazing at her. " I'll see you later, Auri, I'm going to see where the fam went." he said as he hygge me again and left the room with the door closed behind him.

I turned and faced Sonia. "So, you and my brother?" I said with a smirk on my face.

"It's obvious isn't it?" she started smiling widely. "It happened today and i kinda knew he liked me when he saw me and also i kinda read his mind for a moment and i do like him. It has taken him like forever for him to ask me out, so i said yes before he could ask me and....." she was babbling on but stopped and looked at me.

"What? Why did you stop?" I asked her. I was actually enjoying the way she was talking about her feelings for Josh, to be honest Josh is a really great guy and a great brother too, I know he would treat his partner right.

"Oh......Auri" she had a worried expression on her face which I didn't understand. I thought maybe there was something wrong with Josh. "Auri, are you okay with this?? I am your friend..... And your friend dating your brother can be kinda weird and awkward."

*Really?*

"Really? Well, once you said it like that, yeah maybe but i really don't see a problem with it to be honest with you. All I see is someone liking a brother who happens to be my friend, it kinda happened before in my old school but....." I paused for a while. "The only difference is that you actually told me and was worried about what I think, which my old friend didn't. For me I like you Sonia and I like how my brother acts when you are around. You are the first person to make Joshua Rossi feel nervous."

"Really?" she started smiling again.

"Yeah" I nodded. "And the first person to make him look like an idiot, anyone who can make him speechless is okay in my book." i started laughing and Sonia joined me.

I am happy that Josh liked someone and it happened to be a great girl like Sonia, they both have something in common, i can see alot of leadership material in them and they both can be calm under pressure and they both are damn freaking smart. I have seen Sonia's grades straight As just like Josh, if they are not meant to be together, i don't know who is.

Andrew's POV

I went in and saw my wife resting after giving birth to our triplets and let's just say, i never get tired of seeing babies.

"I know what you are thinking, we are not having any more kids, i know you are not tired but i am." she said while obviously tired to speak.

"Well baby, you have done an amazing job once again. And you did it beautifully." i said, kissing her forehead.

Ryder and Ella came into the room and saw the triplets and they both looked so happy when they saw their new siblings.

"Awwww, look at them. They are so cute and tiny. Hi there little ones." said Ella. "I can't wait till i have kids and experience this."

"NO!" both of us and including Ryder shouted in sync.

"Not till you are in college or have a full time job missy! You better not be popping babies anytime soon." Stella said and she looked at me."Oh my god, did I really say missy? What am i? 80?" I then laughed.

"What are their names mom?" Ryder asked.

"Okay, We picked out the perfect names for them, like the twins, they have the same first initials. Theirs starts with an A. Okay, the first one beside Ella is Aaron, in front of her is Andre and the one you are in front of is little Angela." Stella said while widely smiling at the triplets and it would have stayed that way but what happened next.......

"Stella?" we all looked at the direction of where the voice came from. "Stella Knight?"

The man the voice belongs to is someone we thought we would never see again, he then walked into the room and the smile on Stella's face turned into shock as she looked at Ryder and then him back. She stayed calm and looked him in the eye.

"Hi Vincent.......what are you doing here?" she plastered a fake smile on her face.

"Oh my son got into an accident, nothing too serious, just boys roughing it up. Wow! It has been years since-" he looked at Ryder. "Hey, it's you!"

Both mine and Stella's eyes widened at the thought that Vincent might know who Ryder is, Stella immediately mind linked me.

*No nononono! Please tell me he doesn't know that Ryder is his son that i kept and didn't abort* she started tearing up.

I didn't know what to do but what I do know is that it had finally come, the day Ryder met her biological father.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! wow! well, i did say more drama! hope you guys are having a great new year! 

Please help to like, comment and share this story with your friends and family.

Hope to see you in the next chapter! ;) bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 1.9K 44
(+18) . . Mel is beautiful and strong but asocial and weird. The smartass attitude and foul mouth often get the best of her, and not many people can...
5.1K 535 36
The one who has eyes on her. The one who is hiding from him. The one who needs her. The one who lusts her. The one who cares for him. The one who pro...
1.7K 174 31
Alexis is an ordinary girl with a normal life until she encounters a prince and discovers a bewildering secret. Now Alexis Parker is a mess or shall...
2.7K 420 27
Ariella's biggest desire in life has always been such a simple one. She wants to be 'normal.' Unfortunately, that one simple wish has never been with...