Castle | ✔️

By KittyKash92

(DARK ROMANCE THRILLER) Millicent Davis hates her life with her uncle and jumps at the chance to work for the... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

1.7K 83 31
By KittyKash92

This is a Frequently Asked Questions chapter and I'll be answering the questions that some of you guys posted about the plot and the ending of the story. If you have understood the story, then you can skip the chapter.

Major Spoilers ahead.
If you haven't read the story yet, I would ask you to exit this chapter before spoiling your reading experience.

Q1. Does Castle love Millie?
A: Yes. He loves her. That's not something that he was pretending to do.

Q2. Did Castle even loose his memory in the first place? Was he pretending to loose his memory?
A. The memory loss was NEVER fake. He lost his memories because of what happened at the boating accident (refer to the bonus chapter). Devin had witnessed Castle killing Chris and Aster (Devin's biological mother). The memory loss was not in the plan.

Q3.Will Castle harm/Kill Chandler in future?
A. No, he wouldn't. Chandler was completely manipulated and spoiled by Castle and Theo even before the accident. Castle is a strict older brother, but he wouldn't harm Chandler.

Q4. So Castle is the bad guy?
A. It depends on your perspective. Was Castle a good guy? Not really. Was Devin a good guy? Nope. They had reasons for what they did. It was a planned murder for vengeance. It was kill or be killed. Castle knew he deserved everything, his plot for revenge started out of what he thought was injustice for his mother. He wouldn't have killed Devin or Dayana if they hadn't planned to kill him first. I hope this clarifies to everyone commenting "so Devin was a good guy. And Castle was bad. Stop! 🤣 They were all fucked up.

Q5. Does Chandler know that he is the actual Montgomery heir?
A. He's not stupid. He knows who his parents were but also he was quite young to understand what had exactly happened. When Castle had the authority, he got a good allowance, and he received the attention he wanted. With Castle losing his memories and Devin in charge, he got a low allowance and was mostly just ignored. That's to say, kids will always pick those who give them attention and treat them better, and that's what he got from Castle. Chandler also knew they didn't share a mother but it didn't matter when it came to choosing sides because he grew up looking up to his older sibling.

Q6. Why was Castle's mother tortured?
A. She was not tortured, but she was locked in the cellar for years and neglected. Chris brought in some scrapes of food, and it was kept a secret because he didn't want to go against "Aster", Chris and Aster both continued to lie to Castle and Theo that their mother left them (same as what was written in the journal).

Q7. In chapter 9 when Chris was speaking to Grandpa Hugh, the old man referred to him as Chris, and Castle promised that Lorna would never step foot in the house. How did Castle remember at this time? Were his memories coming and going, was it all an act?
A. That's good question, and yes, Castle used to go back to the "old Castle" at times, and then his memory used to lapse. I clued on this in chap 20 as well where after having sex with Millie, he calls her 'Millicent' and also in chap 31 where he losses his shit and remembers the revenge he's after. It was just to show that Castle has lived half his life wanting revenge and to steal the Montgomery name, and to prove something so his old personality keeps fighting to come back.

Q8. If Devin wanted Millie for himself, why did he get her married to Castle?
A. Millie was a pawn to Devin. Devin had hired her so he could frame her as a greedy gold-digger who tries to kill her husband Castle. That was the reason that Millie was married off to Castle, he kept telling the maids to lie about Castle that he didn't treat the maids well, but since none of that worked, and he saw how Millie had googoo eyes for Castle, he was extremely jealous, and started torturing her. Devin was still pretty screwed up like his family. Castle loved Millie, for everything that she did for him, and if we are being honest, she played a very big role to help him reach his ultimate goal, and she did it without knowing what was behind the scenes.

Q9. Since we now know the real family dynamics, why did Theo have an anklet bracelet and Castle did not?
A. Theo wears the bracelet because you all know he's TROUBLE. Of course since the story was written in Millie's POV, he seemed like an innocent seventeen year old smol bean, until the Epilogue he's like bitch you thought!
Anyway so for Castle having the bracelet, Theo explained that to Millie in the same conversation in chap 9, but if you want me to elaborate, Devin thought that Castle having lost his memory was harmless (and truthfully he was) so there was really no reason for Castle to have the tracker anklet because he hardly went out of the property without a staff or chaperone. Plus he had these episodes where he needed to be tied down or sedated. In Theo's words, "Castle might not remember anything from his past but he still has that 'dosen't-take-shit-from-anybody' attitude and if I'm being honest, Devin is a little intimidated by him."

Q10. Will there be a book 2 ?
A. Yes, I'm currently working on Chandler's book. The second book will have Chandler as the main character.

Q11. When will book 2 be out?

A. I don't have an answer to that yet. I'm planning to write at least half the book offline before posting it here.

Q12. What was your inspiration for writing Castle?

A. I grew up reading books by R. L Stine mostly Goosebumps and the Fear Street series (and I'm an avid collector of those novels xD), and I'd always wanted to write something in the similar genre, a story that has a gothic, thriller vibe with a twisty ending without losing the essence of romance.

Q13. What happened to the bonus chapters and Chandler's book chapters which were posted on Inkitt before?

A. I took them down because Castle has been signed exclusively to Wattpad for the past two years and the bonus chapters/ Chandler's Pov chaps were directly linked to the plot line of book.  I will repost them when I'm ready to post Chandler's book here.

Q14. Will Millie find out the truth in book 2? Please let her find out the truth.

A. Without spoiling much, yes she will find out the truth in book 2. I have a basic outline of how the story will go but I'm honestly scared how the story is unfolding and terrified that readers are going to hate me for this 🤣

Q15. Please make a movie out of Castle!

A. That would be a dream come true but that's not in my hands :( Please make some tiktoks and blow it up on social media until it catches someones eye ;D

Q16. Which actor would you want Castle to be played by if it became a movie?

A. Through acting perspective, I think the actor from American Horror Story,  Finn Wittrock would play the perfect Castle. He could switch from innocent, sweet to murderous amazingly :)
As for other characters, For Millie, I think Lilly Collins. Ian Somerhalder as Devin, Jacob Elordi as Theo and Iain Armitage (young Sheldon Cooper) as Chandler. 

Q17. Will you publish this book?

A. Holding this book in my hands would also be a literal dream so yes, mostly likely in future :)

My Final thoughts:

I think some readers were over-confusing themselves with the ending. No one is a good guy here, neither Devin nor Castle. This story was purely evil vs evil. I would say they were playing their chess game, but Castle was just better. He was intelligent and smart and played his cards right. He is an anti-hero that you can't hate. Whether Chandler and Millie find out the truth or not is upto the readers to decide as of right now. Some things are better off left this way, it adds to the mystery.

Also, it kind of hurts sometimes when some readers comment saying they "wish they hadn't read the Epilogue" or that "they didn't know the book would be 'dark themed' when there's literally a warning in the Prologue in bold explaining the kind of book this is and what to expect. It is also categorized as a 'thriller/romance'. Some books are meant to be grey, everything cannot be colorful especially certain genres that don't heavily rely on the romance or smut :)

I hope this Q/A clarified things for you and also I'm so grateful to everyone else for the love and support for this story, your comments and the #rr comments, emails asking about the sequel totally make my day ❤️ thank you so much!

P.S: if you do come across any tiktok videos or reels for Castle, do let me know. I'd love to see them ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.2K 2.1K 30
⭐𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦⭐ Grace Matthews yearns to break away from her small hom...
5.3K 504 17
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 " 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢...
93.5K 1.9K 12
Tziporah Summers relocates to Heartwood, Australia, where she's pulled into a murder investigation by an attractive, brilliant, yet socially awkward...
333K 8.2K 48
Kyra is only seventeen years old when she is kidnapped together with her best friend while at a slumber party. She does not know who her assailant is...