Right Infront Of Your Eyes

By Peachsk

Everyone around Kayla has always thought she was the rebellious child. No one dared to open their eyes wide e... More

A/N- Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1- Imagine
Chapter 2- You see vandalism, I see art.
Chapter 3 - Your in my personal bubble
Chapter 4- Shooting Star
Chapter 5- Watch it
Chapter 6- Batteries
Chapter 7- New Girl
Chapter 8- Keep Your Mouth Closed
Chapter 9- One becomes four
Chapter 10- One sip turns into many
Chapter 11- Drunken mess
Chapter 12- Leverage
Chapter 13- Late night adventure
Chapter 15- You see me
Chapter 16- Two sides
Chapter 17- Carpooling
Chapter 18- Righting The Wrongs
Chapter 19- Coming over?
Chapter 20- Simular Lives
Chapter 21- Bathroom Problems
Chapter 22- Phone Calls
Chapter 23- Information
Chapter 24- Help
Chapter 25- Stuck up
Chapter 26- A Bump In The Road
Chapter 27- Getting it off my chest
Chapter 28- Thats What They All Say...
Chapter 29- Accused
Chapter 30- Worried
Chapter 31- Shopping
Chapter 32- Not forgotten
Chapter 33- Family Day Out
Chapter 34- Arguments
Chapter 35- Listening
Chapter 36- Mapping it out...
Chapter 37- Opening A New Door...
Chapter 38- Pulse
Chapter 39- Angry Beast
Chapter 40- Long and Lost
Chapter 41- Seeing The Lost
Epilogue

Chapter 14- Ditch

17.1K 479 78
By Peachsk

Kayla's POV

No one had said anything to me since the other night. Sunday was spent locked away in my room. There felt like there was a thick tension in the house. Mostly between me and Dad.

Us two never had the best relationship maybe when I was younger? We had a good relationship but that even seemed to be a distant memory. But we seemed to grow apart when everything changed. All starting with Mom passing away and then the events that followed after that.

Louise had tried making small talk with me when I was in the kitchen with everyone but I completely shut it down. I didn't want to talk not if they weren't going to listen.

Nothing intresting happened except I walked to school. Currently I debated whether I should go inside or not. To be honest I wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone. I just wanted to be alone.

"Hey Kayla!" I jumped slightly when someone put their hand on my shoulder taking me out of my thoughts. Turning around to see Gabby with a smile on her face something I couldn't replicate.

"Oh hey you scared me." I let out a small laugh.

"So are you going in or?" She kind of moved her head side to side dragging out the or.

"I think I'm going to skip."

Gabby's smile slightly fell.

"Well are you sure they won't call home? You know you should come in." Her eyes looked around my face. She looked worried which slightly warmed my heart.

"I'm just...I don't know it's hard to explain. But if they do call home I'll deal with it." That didn't seem to convince her. I sighed putting my hand on her shoulder. "How about after school we hang out? I'll come pick you up and show you around the city?"

Gabby bit her bottom lip she looked conflicted. "But I would rather if you came into school and then we hung out. It saves you from getting in trouble."

"I think I'll go with the first option." I patted her shoulder walking away. "I'll pick you up after!" I shouted over my shoulder. When I saw her she looked slightly shocked. But something seemed to pull her out of her trance as she ran infront of me. Stopping from moving any further.

"Kayla you really shouldn't skip stay in tor me." Eye her eyes begged me to stay in. But mentally I didn't want to go into school.

"Gabby I really don't wa__"

"Fine. I'm not letting you ditch by yourself then you'd just be bored all day." Gabby said as she started to walk ahead.

"Gabby! You don't have to skip with me! Now your going to get in trouble!" I shouted after her.

"Well I am hardly going to let my best friend ditch without me am I?" My steps faltered a bit as I stood in place. Did she just call me her best friend? After only knowing not even a week? She looked at me with a small smirk on her lips.

"Come on show me around." She turned back around and started walking again. I caught up with her walking beside her.

"You sure you want to do this?" I need to just double check with her because I don't want to be the reason Gabby gets in trouble. She stops and looks me dead in the eye.

"I have been here for two weeks and have yet to have an adventure something you seem good at doing. So you are going to show me all the great spots." Gabby crosses her arms across her chest. She is dead serious. I smile.

"Right then your in for a long day."

Gabby holds out her arm so I can link mine in it. We start our journey towards the city.

****

The first place I decided to take her was my favourite park. The one I visited on Saturday just to go on a walk around it since it had a river.

As we walked down the path, nature was the only thing that surrounded us. Big tall trees lined the sides of the path. The tall branches making nearly an arch shape the whole way down.

Half way through the pathway there is break off to cross the small stone bridge and look over the river. During the day this place is absolutely gorgeous.

Currently we stand in the bridge looking down at the river.

"What are you doing?" I look beside me to see Gabby rooting through her bag.

"I have a sandwich that we can use to feed the ducks." Her sticks into her bag and then comes out with a tin foiled wrapped sandwich.

"There is no ducks." I look at her confused.

"Are you blind? They are right there." I follow her finger that points at three small ducks. I make an 'O' shape with my mouth.

Gabby opens the tinfoil to reveal a ham sandwich. She takes out one slice handing it to me as she has her own slice. I watch Gabby as she pulls off small bits of the sandwich and throws it into the water.

The ducks spot the bread and start swimming towards it. Fighting for more Gabby does the same and I copy her until there is nothing left of the bread.

"So where to next?" Gabby dusts off her hands.

"I have a place to show you before we go anywhere. We have to go just a little bit further. Its literally up there."

"Sure."

I smile.

We walk towards the feild, Gabby looks at me strangely.

"If you brought me here to kill me you could of just said you know?" I playfully roll my eyes.

"No this is just the best spot to look up at the sky since it's so clear." I walk forward into the middle of the feild and sit down. Gabby is still looking at me weirdly.

"So you like to daydream?" She holds the straps of her bag pulling them closer to herself.

"No idot. I like to star gaze but I also like to just look up at the clouds and pick out the different shapes." Gabby makes an 'O' shape with her mouth as she sits down beside me.

"Put your bag behind your head so you can use it as a pillow." I place my bag behind my head then laying down on the grass so I can see the clouds. Gabby copies my actions.

"Do you always come here?" Gabby asks.

"Yeah when I need to clear my head its nice and relaxing." I smile slightly at the memory of my Mom.

"Yeah it actually is. You can here the river and the birds in the distance. You know I would of never taken you as someone who likes to look up at the sky."

I let out a small laugh. "Then what did you expect?"

"I don't know you just seem so mysterious." I can see in the corner of my eye Gabby is looking at me but I don't give her the contact.

"Well there is alot about me people just don't know. They never want to know." The last part came out mumbled.

I heard Gabby sigh 'same'.

****

Our weird mood was soon changed by Gabby who started calling out different shapes she could see in the clouds. After about a half an hour we decided to go to our next spot. It was strangely going on half ten which was weird since we had probably left school around half eight.

As we came close to the line of shops which is very familiar to me. We walked towards the corner shop that I loved. I turned to Gabby who was looking at the small shop infront of us with a weird look on her face. Since I didn't know if she would be in the mood for it especially at this hour.

"I know this place doesn't look the best but they do the best lasagne. If your up from eating some at this hour. I know a place we can eat it and probably by the time we get there it will be__" I start to ramble.

"Kayla I'm down to try. You told me you were bring me to the best spots so I trust you on this." She smiles. I nod and open the door walking in first.

The little bell rings as I open the door. The warmth of the small diner hits you when you walk inside. I watch as I see big gus come out of the back of the room. He comes out with his big goofy smile.

"Well you came back sooner then I thought not that I am complaining and you brought company." Big gus puts his hand in his hip as he looks at me and Gabby. Gabby stands there awkwardly behind me.

"Gus this is Gabby my friend." I walk up to the til. Gabby following behind. She sends him a wave.

"Well it's nice to meet you Gabby. I'm Gus or big gus whatever you like to call me. Aren't you two suppost to be in school?" Gus raised his eyebrow.

I gave him a small smile. "I thought you knew me by now Gus."

He eyed me suspiciously. "What are you up too?"

I put my hands up in surrender. "Nothing I'm just here for more lasagne."

"Well then if that's a case I get you a serving now." Big Gus disappears into the back.

"Do you have money if not I'll pay. Or we can share if you want?" I turned around to Gabby who was still taking in everything around her.

"I'll probably like it. Don't worry I have money." She gave me a smile. Bring her bag to the front of her and reaching into the small pocket pulling out some money.

I took my own money out as Big Gus reappeared at the cash register.

"Two servings Gus." I place my money down on the counter. Gabby goes to put down her money but I stop her. "You know what it's my treat I dragged you out her so I'm paying." I give her a small smile.

She goes to refuse but Gus has already taken the money. "I wouldn't fight her on this. I'll have it ready soon so are you sitting in or taking away?"

"Take away."

Gus nods. "You who actually made a vist on Saturday night?" Gus goes and takes out two take away trays.

"He probably only came here because he saw me." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah he wasn't as chatty as he seemed to be." Gus said as he turned around to the little square cut out of the wall and got our lasagnes. Pouring them into the trays.

"Who are you talking about?" Gabby tapped my shoulder. She looked confused.

"We're talking about an old friend of ours. His name is Wyatt have you ever met him before?" Gus adds.

"Yeah eh..I've heard of him." Gabby gave me a look that said 'You need to tell me'.

"I'll explain later." I said turning back to Gus. Who had our trays ready. He grabbed us a plastic fork and knife with a tissue.

"Hwre you two go now stay safe." He slid them over.

I nodded grabbing them. Handing one to Gabby. "Thanks Gus I'll see you another time." I smiled and Gabby waved as we left.

"So where we eating these?" Gabby asked looking at the tray in her hand.

"I got a place it's down the road."

****

"Uh Kayla is this place safe? Are you sure we're not trespassing?" Gabby had stopped as we approached the abandoned courtyard.

"Yeah its safe people come here all the time. Come on." I nodded my head towards the direction of the courtyard. Gabby didn't seem to move. "I promise we're not doing anything illegal."

She hesitantly nods her head and starts walking again.

I walk through the broken gate and into the courtyard. I watch as Gabby takes in the surroundings her eyes glancing at all the graffitied walls.

I start walking over to the fountain like the other night and Gabby follows behind me. She still hasn't said anything.

"So? What do you think?" I ask as she takes a spot right beside me.

"I don't know how you found this place or the other places before but this is just mad." Her eyes do one more glance around the place before looking at me.

"Yeah well you'd be surprised with the amount of people who know about these things. Plus this is only the start." I give her a wink. Opening up my tray.

Gabby opened hers taking a smell of it first before hesitantly cutting a piece off and putting it on her fork. The fork was inches away from her mouth when she gave me a side glance. Then finally she put the fork in her mouth. Slowly chewing it like a drama queen until they got quicker and her face face lit up.

"Well?"

"This is amazing probably the best lasagne I have ever had." She cut herself another piece eating it.

I started eating mine.

"So what is this about Wyatt. If your not ready to tell me I won't force you." Gabby asked.

"No it's okay. Basically we just have some history and it ended up with him being an asshole because in his world it was all my fault." I stab my lasagne with my fork.

' "Kayla this is your fault we are in this mess!" Wyatt was clenching and unclenching his jaw.

"This is my fault! It was your fucking idea asshole so don't just blame me on this!" Kayla stared at the blank wall infront of her. She couldn't believe what this boy had the odasitity to say.

He knew it was both of their faults. But he just needed someone to be angry at because he knew the consequences of what would happen next. They both had been stupid and now they had to deal with it.'

"Oof sore subject."

I looked at Gabby and sighed. "Yeah sorry."

"No it's okay. You don't have to tell me yet." Gabby ate more of her lasagne.

"So do you have any siblings?" I asked. I knew things about Gabby but I didn't know anything personal.

"Eh no I'm the only child. I wish I did. You have brothers right?"

"Yeah but trust me I wish I didn't." I sighed.

"They couldn't be that bad. I mean they helped you the other night." I gave Gabby a look that said 'I'm dead serious.' She let out a nervous laugh.

"All that is for show." I sigh stuffing my face with more of this delicious lasagne.

Gabby made an 'O' shape with her mouth.

"So what do you want to be when you get older?" I asked Gabby trying to shift the mood onto something lighter.

"I want to be an advents manager. Just something I have always been interested in you?"

"Well I know who I need to go to if I need to plan an advent. I want to travel the world hopefully open up maybe a youth centre or studio." I shrugged I never had an ideal plan of what I wanted to do.

"Your into music?" Gabby questioned.

I shook my head. "More like art."

Gabby made an 'O' shape with her mouth. "I never knew you were into art are you any good?"

"Yeah." Little did she know my art covered these walls that surrounded us.

"You have to show me some of your work." A smile placed it's way on her lips.

Should I tell her? I mean she doesn't seem like the type to tell everyone.

"You already have."

Her eyebrows scrunch up in confusion. I smile. "See the art on the walls." She nodded. "Some of that is mine."

She looked at the walls and then back at me. Then back at the walls. "Your messing."

"No."

Gabby put down her tray and stood up. She made her way over to the walls. "Which one is yours?"

"That one right there behind you is one." I pointed to the one I did on Saturday night.

"Woah you did this free hand?" J couldn't tell her reaction since she had her back turned. But by the sounds of it she sounded impressed.

"Yeah."

"This is so cool." Gabby turned back around with a big smile on her face. "Please tell me your artwork is not just inside these four walls?"

I let out a small laugh. "Its not."

"Well you have to show me more." Gabby came back over taking a seat.

"I will. There is more in the city. We will go there after we finish this lasagne."

****

It took us at least thirty or maybe even an hour to walk into the city since we didn't want to take the bus. Then for the past two hours I have been bringing Gabby all around the city stopping at the best spots.

And as requested showing her some of my artwork. Gabby made us stop in some shops to have a look around. I advised her not to buy anything since she would just have to carry around an extra bag all day.

Lastly I had taken Gabby to an arcade. We were just gonna waste time here until the sunsets since I have one last spot I want to show her.

****

It was finally going on five. For the past couple of hours we played some money but I was sure to save some. We had just chilled in the seats of the arcade none of the workers had cared if we had stayed. I mean we weren't causing trouble.

"Are you ready to go because I have one last spot but I need to make one small stop first." I asked and Gabby nodded. She stood up putting her school bag over her shoulders I did the same.

As we walked out I checked my phone to see if anyone texted me. No one. "Has anyone texted you?"

"Yeah my Mom. She wasn't happy about me skipping but I told her where I am." I nodded.

We walked down the street up to a liquor store. "I'll get us a bottle if you want some. If you don't we don't have to get it I just thought it would set the mood." I pull out my money and fake I.D.

"You know what we might aswell." Gabby smiled. "I'll wait out here for you to come."

I nodded and went inside to get us a bottle of vodka.

I handed the man my I.D he looked up at me and then back at the card. He then just scanned the vodka. I gave him the money and got my stuff off of him.

"Did you get it?" I nodded. "So where too next."

"Its just up here. Trust me you will love it." I pointed.

****

Gabby looked at me like I was crazy. Infront of us stood a huge skyscraper.

"You want us to go all the way up there?" Gabby pointed her finger up and looked at me like I was crazy I nodded my head.

"Trust me you will love it."

There we go Chapter 14...

Okay so this is a long chapter and took forever to write. But next chapter will be intresting. Somethings will come to light.

Kayla and Gabby skipped school do you think Kayla will get in trouble??

Also what did you think of the little flashback moment?? (P.s all flashbacks will be in third person just so u know...)

What do you think will happen in the next chapter??

Any suggestions??
Any theories??
Any questions??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

(Unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 5.9K 24
Maddie's life started off rocky, not only was she born into the most dangerous mafia in the world, but at the age of 5 she witnessed the murder of he...
1.3M 32.1K 63
Lucy is a 16-year-old girl. She is kind and hard-working. Her mother died when she was 10 years old and left her in the care of her stepfather. He is...
80.1K 1.8K 20
17 years after threatening his pregnant girlfriend that she can't give birth to their baby, saying he'll kill it, his whole office building gets hack...
268K 8.8K 33
In a world where the supernatural crawl, Elira Abbot has always been sheltered by her very Christian parents, always hearing the names of supernatura...