Selena: Changing The Past

Per -END1555-

Alexander Mercer always thought that after death you will go to heaven to spend eternity there. But he never... Més

Chapter: 1
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 22
Chapter: 23
Chapter: 24
Chapter: 25
Chapter: 26
Chapter: 27
Chapter: 28
Chapter: 29
Chapter: 30
Chapter: 31

Chapter: 2

1.1K 37 14
Per -END1555-

Alexander was happy.

He honestly couldn't believe that the motel let him in without even asking if he was alone or with someone.

But he didn't care.

He was enjoying every last minute of this motel without anyone interrupting him.

Alex laid on his mattress, although it wasn't king-size, it was enough to fit 2 people. Sadly, the covers were white so any food or drink he would consume would ultimately spill and stain the bed.

He stares at the ceiling in silence. "Just 9 years before she dies," Alex mumbled. "I have 9 years to prepare myself from stopping it."

Before arriving at this motel. Alex spent the majority of the walk making up a plan before 1995 arrived.

"If it's 1986, then, at this point dame un beso is being played right now." Alex smiled as he recalled the moment he first found out about Selena. That song was one of the first songs he was introduced to when one of the workers from his local orphanage would always play it.

Alex sighed as he sat up. It's been already 14 hours since he arrived at this motel, and most of that time he spent it sleeping. He wanted to get out and explore this old era before returning to this motel again.

He grabbed his wallet and the key that was giving to him by the lady that worked in this motel and exited out.

He wasn't going to lie but he was thankful this motel wasn't a 3 or 4 story high building. He could just exit his door and he would just be outside instantly.

"Now where should I go?" Alex took a view of his surroundings to find something that will pique his interest. "There's a bar that's a couple of minutes away from here."

The idea of going to a bar meant bad business for him since those types of buildings were filled with nothing but people from gangs and cartels.

But it was also a once in a lifetime moment so he didn't care at this point. He might as well go one and enjoy it.

"But I'm not drinking any beer, that's for sure." He said to no one in particular.

Alex wasted no time and walked towards the bar. He will at least enjoy the day before it ended... Or enjoy the rest of the years before that day arrived.
——————————————————
San Antonio Bar
Time: 15:47

Alex wasn't going to lie but it sure was frustrating walking in the summer heat of San Antonio, TX.

He hated how he can feel the sweat from his backside cling on his shirt. What was even worst was how there wasn't any cloud to cover the suns scorching heat from hitting his skin.

He was already tan does the sun want to burn him up even more?

Seeing the bar appear in the distance brought him relief and speed-walked towards it.

5 Minutes Later.

Alex used to think that bars would just be a chill place to be as you drank beer or wine with your friends and enjoy the night.

That's what he always thought since he used to play GTA 5 before he died. But never would he imagined how wild this bar would be upon entering it.

As soon as he entered it he had to duck his head to avoid an empty beer bottle thrown at him. What the hell was even happening here?

There were dozens of men laughing, arguing with each other, playing poker, while some were too drunk to even stay awake and ended up collapsing on the floor.

Alex carefully made his way to the back of the bar where drinks were being served. He also made sure to keep his eyes peeled open and making sure to avoid if anything or in this case anyone has thrown at him.

"Me voy hechar atu vieja, cabron."

"Yo primero mejor me voy con la tuya."

Alex shook his head as he heard the indecent things these men said to each other as he passed their tables.

He wanted to walk towards the back without attracting too much attention but failed at some part since a couple of these drunk people would stare at him.

Alex hated being tall. He forgot that being 6'0 was above the average height in Texas, especially in the year 1986.

If he had to take a guess then he was probably the tallest person in this bar.

As he made his way towards the backside of the bar, he notices a person sitting in a corner with his long and wild hair covering his face but he can still make up that person was using a guitar.

Alex shrugged his shoulders as he quickly sat on one of the stools and patiently waited for the bartender to arrive.

"Man..." Alex sighed as he sat down. His feet were already tired from walking in the heat, but I guess he could use it as exercise.

"En que te puedo servir, joven?" The bartender politely asked.

Alex was about to respond in English but mentally facepalm since he guessed that bartender only spoke Spanish.

"Uh, me puede dar solamente jugo de manzana?" Alex question. He hoped they did serve it since he would never drink beer, and he was still young as well.

The bartender nodded before leaving.

Alex was still kinda weirded out by this era. There weren't any YouTube, Netflix, Video games such as a PS4. But he can get used to it, he was homeless all his life so he can cope with it.

"I always thought the past was only black and white." Alex thought. "Seems our minds are only programmed to think what other people say."

"Aren't you too young to be here?"

Alex spun his head towards where the voice came from and froze. In front of him sat a familiar long curly hair person that wore only a vest that showed the tattoos in his arms and an acoustic guitar that laid on his lap.

"Chris Perez." Alexander could only stare at the man in front of him, but he wasn't 51 years old, instead, he looked to be in his early teens.

Alex had to stop himself from fanboying at his idol that he respected and gave out his sympathy towards too.

He had to inhale and exhale before replying. "I guess I am, but you sure do look young as well," Alex replied.

Chris chuckled at the sudden response he received, "17 years and I'm enjoying life here." He took a sip out of the glass cup he had next to him. "What about you? You look younger than me to be here."

"I'm only 15 years old." Alex shifted his body so it could be facing Chris. "Two-year gap isn't that big."

"Aren't your parents going to be mad?" Chris questioned.

Alex shook his head a 'no', "I don't have any parents, I'm an orphan." He added.

Chris was taken by surprise at the sudden revelation. "I see... I assume you're trying to enjoy being alone, eh?"

Alex nodded his head. It felt weird talking to your idol, especially when he is young in front of you.

"What about you? Aren't your parents going to get mad?"

"Nah," Chris played his acoustic guitar as he responded. "My family wanted me to become a doctor or something else. But I want to play music, rock n roll." He laughed at the end.

"So instead I just left and went on my grind." He took another sip from the glass cup.

"I can never relate since I've never had parents but I can at least agree with you," Alex replied as he took a look at his hands. "I prefer to be the one leading my own life, not someone else making decisions for me."

Chris looked at the kid in front of him, for some reason he was interested in the things he was talking about.

"Tell me about it. I also told that to my mother and my old man." He responded. "But they don't share the same train of thoughts like me."

Alex nodded and decided to switch the topic to another thing. "How long have you been coming to this bar? Seems chaotic." He asked him.

"Couple of days already, but I do like wild things." Chris grinned.

Alex shook his head before smiling. "That we can both agree on." Which earned him a laugh from Chris.

"You're pretty cool, what's your name?"

"Alex, Alexander Mercer." He responded. He couldn't believe that he was having a normal conversation with one of his idols.

"Names Chris, Christopher Perez." Chris extended his hand and balled it into a fist which Alex did the same and ended up fist-bumping.

"Mind if I treat you a drink?" Alex pulled out his wallet.

"You sure?" Chris asked. He didn't want to be those types of people who only leech of someone else.

"Definitely," Alex would always buy and invite the man in front of him to anything he wanted. The respect he had for him was unimaginable along with his inspiration.

Chris was one of his inspirations. He was able to handle the emotional pain that still haunted him for 25 years but he was still able to move on.

Alex knew that he couldn't miss this once in a lifetime chance. He will save Selena for Chris, and that he promises.

"Thank you," Chris genuinely told Alex. "In the meantime, we can just talk about anything you have in mind." He grabbed his chair and scoot it next to Alex.

A couple of hours later.

Alex didn't know how long he spent inside the bar with Chris, nor did he care. All he knew was that he was enjoying himself.

Night has already befallen in San Antonio, TX. Alex knew it was late since the full moon came into view.

The duo spent the last hours sharing life issues, talking about problems, jokes.

If Chris had one thing to say towards Alex, then that will be that he had a lot of things in common with him.

"Then I told her, do you want it all at once or just the tip?" Alex said which earned him a hard laugh from Chris.

"Then... What... Happened?" Chris said each word between laughs.

"I ran away before she said anything else." Alex laughed as he recalled the memory of him telling that horrible joke to a cashier at McDonald's.

Chris kept laughing for a couple of minutes before it halted. "You sure are a funny one, man." Chris placed his hand on Alex's shoulder.

For some reason, Alex felt happy that he made his Idol laugh. It's been a long time since he has seen Chris laugh like this in his era.

"Disculpe?"

Both Alex and Chris turned to look at the bartender.

"Hmm?"

"What?"

"Aunque me gusto que visitaran el bar, pero ya es tiempo de clausurar el bar." The bartender pointed behind them.

Alex and Chris turned around and saw that there was no one except themselves. Well, there was a couple of people but they were janitors who were sweeping the bar.

"Oh si cierto, perdon." Alex apologized as he stood up. "You ready to go?" He turned to look at Chris.

"Yeah, sitting in that stool made me sore." Chris stood up as well as he grabbed his acoustic guitar.

"Oh, una cosa mas," Alex told the bartender as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. He was going to be nice to people and decided to tip the bartender.

"Aqui tiene." Alex handed the bartender a 5 dollar tip. The bartender looked at the tip before smiling and saying, "Gracias, Joven."

Alex gave him a thumbs up before walking towards the exit with Chris.

"Damn, does it feel good to smell fresh air again?" Chris sniffs the air around him. He's been inside the bar for too long that the only thing he smelled was cigarettes and alcohol.

"I know, most of the time I had to go cover my nose," Alex replied as he stretches. Sitting on that stool for a long time his back hurt.

"You got anywhere to stay at?" Alex turned to look at Chris.

"Well, I stay with a friend but he's currently on a trip and won't be back for a week or so," Chris replied.

"Come stay with me then," Alex said without any hint of hesitation in his voice. "I stay at a motel nearby." He hoped that Chris wouldn't decline.

Chris looked a bit skeptical. His friend was out of town for a couple of days but at the same time he didn't have anywhere to stay and he didn't want to intrude.

"Don't worry about it, man. I have enough money to even live inside the motel. So if you're worried about it then don't." Alex saw the troubled look Chris had on his face.

Chris sighed heavily before nodding, "Alright, I can stay with you." He said.

Alex grinned as he patted Chris on the back. "Thanks! You won't regret it." He felt his day get better and better as he was going to be living with Chris.

A person he will forever acknowledge and respect for his entire life.

"Lead the way... Long legs boy." Chris joked.

"Says the one with the broom-like hair." Alex laughed at the face Chris made towards his insult.

"I'll have you know that my hair is the best thing that..." Chris's voice seemed to fade as Alex stared at the moon.

He couldn't help but be mesmerized by the full moon as it shone at its full glory. He remembered when Selena would talk about the moon and dreaming of you would play at the background.

He heavily exhaled the air that he was holding for too long in his lungs. Alex was afraid, to say the least, he had one chance to change everything.

"Alex?" Chris called out to him as he looked at Alex who seemed lost in space as he was gazing at the moon.

"Yeah?" Alex shook his head as he turned to look at Chris.

"You alright? You spaced out for a decent amount of time."

"Sorry, I was just thinking about something," He gave Chris an 'ok' smile. "Anyways, follow me. Let me take you to the best motel room in the world." Alex joked.

Chris snorted, "Yeah right, more like the best motel room to have bed bugs."

"Wow, petty." Alex flashed a fake hurt face while Chris chuckled.

"I'm just playing. Let's go."

Alex nodded as he began to walk with Chris trailing behind. They both walked through the endless night as they made their way towards the motel.

For Alex, it was one of the best moments he will cherish. Just 3 more years before Chris will join Selena and Los Dinos.

A long road awaits him.

——————————————————

(A/N: Nothing too big in this chapter, just the part where Alex meets Chris. This chapter isn't meant to be big it's just a background prologue of both of them meeting.

The next chapters should be mostly about Alex and Chris hanging out and getting to know each other.

Thanks for reading and See-ya.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

115K 4.3K 67
She's my bestfriend and all I do is keep hurting her. I hate to see her cry, it's the worst feeling ever. Everyday I spend with her I fall in love wi...
31.1K 1.2K 62
This story is temporarily at the beginning of the Future Now Tour, but it takes place throughout 2016, 2017 and 2018. From now on I apologize and not...
13.9K 377 10
We all have that one dream that we desperately want to come true, don't we? I know I do, my name is Clementine Meadows or at least I've made it to be...