When The World Ends

By SpencerReidisMyBitch

Sequel to When The World Stops Spencer disappears and your world is left in turmoil. You struggle with keepin... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2: His Voice
Chapter 3: Healing
Chapter 4: A Question For A Question
Chapter 5: Geniuses Aren't Infallible (Smut)
Chapter 6: Review
Chapter 7: Her Majesty (Smut)
Chapter 8: Dominant Female (Smut)
Chapter 9: Kiwi
Chapter 10: Security Detail
Chapter 11: Report
Chapter 13: The Trial, Part 2
Chapter 14: The Trial, Part 3
Chapter 15: Birthday
Chapter 16: Holiday Spirit (Smut)
Chapter 17: I Promised I'd Always Come Home
Chapter 18: How Strong You Are (Smut)
Chapter 19: Mistress, Master, Daddy, Ma'am, Highness, Whore (Smut)
Chapter 20: Memories
Chapter 21: Lies
Chapter 22: Where She's Going
Chapter 23: Nightmares
Chapter 24: Truth or Dare (Smut)
Chapter 25: Recovery
Chapter 26: Private Lessons
Chapter 27: It Gets Better (Smut)
Chapter 28: Doctor Spencer Reid (Smut)
Chapter 29: The Eye of the Storm
Chapter 30: Undercover
Chapter 31: Brat

Chapter 12: The Trial, Part 1

689 25 52
By SpencerReidisMyBitch

I hated being without Spencer. It wasn't my first time, but I still hated it. It almost hurt more because the kids were used to it.

The days were as normal as ever. I dropped the kids off, went to Quantico, lectured, stopped by Garcia's office for a hug and an update, picked the kids up, and went home. Normally, Spencer and I would call before bed, either to masturbate together or just to talk, but I was going to bed earlier and the case was keeping him out late, so we couldn't.

When I finally got the message that the team was coming back, I released the tension and fear I'd been holding all week, relaxing back in my chair, a small smile across my face.

Spencer's coming home. He's okay.

The plane came in late that afternoon, so I drove with the kids to the airstrip, holding their hands as the stairs unfolded and the team walked off. I squinted a little against the sun, it seemed like Spencer was walking odd, holding onto the railing as he descended.

"Spencer Reid, what did you do?" I asked, crossing my arms as he limped over to us. "This better be good."

He laughed, his smile infectious, "I was chasing the unsub, cuffed him, and then as I was picking him up, slipped and twisted my ankle. I'll be fine in a few days."

I swatted his arm, holding back my excited grin, "Don't be so irresponsible next time." Unable to resist any longer, I pulled him into a keep kiss, back arching as he leaned over me. "If you do that again, I'll make it so you can't sit right, either," I whispered against his lips.

"EW!" The entire team yelled along with Maeve and Tobias.

Spencer and I laughed; even Hotch had joined in on their teasing. I gave Spencer another quick kiss before greeting the rest of the team, slowly walking towards the cars. Spencer's limp really wasn't that bad, but he knew I wouldn't be happy about it. That man is mine to bruise.

Reid helped the kids into the car as I talked to Hotch about the case, double-checking that Spencer was telling the truth about his injury and that everything else went well.

"I got a call from the DA on the plane back," Hotch sighed. "They already set a date. Fastest I've ever seen them move."

"When?"

"Three weeks out, both sets of attorneys are working around the clock preparing, but the Bureau's pushing to close it as soon as possible. This was their compromise."

"Fuck." I didn't know what else to say.

"We're going to have a meeting next week to prepare, brief the entire team, and the district attorney is personally handling this case, so she'll be coming in to talk to us." Hotch shrugged. "I don't know what else we can do."

"There is nothing." I told him. "It's a jury of his peers now."

***

***

"Someone stop me from slapping the defense attorney," I muttered as Spencer passed me a bottle of water.

"He's just trying to make you angry," the DA reminded me. "It's likely he's going to drop the line of questioning as soon as we go back, it's just to put us all on edge."

"You're doing great, sweetheart," Spencer kissed my forehead. "I had to hold back Hotch from vaulting over the rail to beat him up."

"Excuse you, I had to hold you back," Hotch objected.

"It was mutual," Emily told me.

I looked at the district attorney. "I'm sorry for exploding at him."

"He deserved it," she smiled at me. "Go on, take a minute, just be back in here before we start again."

Spencer took my hand and guided me into the hall, making sure we were out of sight from the courtroom doors before pulling me into a deep kiss. I relaxed and wrapped my arms around him, kissing him happily.

"Are you ready to testify?" I asked as we pulled away.

He nodded and let me lean against his chest. "I don't like it, but I'm ready."

"Let's go then, Doctor Reid," I teased him. "Stay calm."

"Shut up," he muttered, but I saw the smile.

//AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hi, everyone! Thank you so much for reading :)
I recently hurt my finger (knives are sharp and soap is slippery) so I'm typing slower than normal. Also, the trial will be in multiple parts because writing the transcript is a pain in the butt, but I hope you all enjoy.

Happy new year!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

677K 15.6K 23
A lot of you guys wanted a sequel. Be careful what you wish for😈
177 104 14
This is a continuation of "I Failed Didn't I?" Gabby is finding a new beginning in life after the domino of unfortunate events, but that doesn't mean...
1.7M 30.7K 15
A 19-year old woman named Iris is stolen for ransom by four different men. Soon after, they discover that her father is not willing to pay the ransom...
892 168 13
Bailey Cooper's life gets turned upside down when his memory is completely stripped from him. Without knowing who you are or anything about your life...