CHERRY. [JESS MARIANO]

By sincerelyhales

Cassandra Quinn had her three phase plan. One, ace her SAT's Two, graduate Yale with a Law Degree Three, mov... More

Playlist
Dedications
To Kill A Mockingbird
We're Jacket Buddies!
Stay Gold, Ponyboy
Peter Rabbit
Tragic
Gross T-shirt, Good Band
Tea and Biscuits
You Owe Me
The Shins
You Look Like A Cloud
Don't Let Me Fall
People Suck
In A While Crocodile
You Got A Boo Boo
Snowman
You're Tall
Friends
Baseball Bats
I'm Late
Be Nice
I Think You're Full Of Shit
Cedric Diggory
Bye-bye Birdie
Monica and Chandler
Should I Stay or Should I Go
Wow, He Really Is Whipped
As You Wish
I Made Sure She Was Okay
To Hell With Him
The Hungry Diner
You Can Never Have Too Much Johnny Depp
2246 Broadway
I Want To Come Back
You Cannot Tell Anyone
Something in Washington
Race You
Summer Madness
You Really Know Me
Cambridge and Oxford
Honey, I'm Home!
Just Peachy
Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs and Maple Syrup
The Beatles
Romeo and Juliet
Dissapointment
The Smell of Bleach is The Smell of Freedom
The Lion King
Dance With Me
Thanksgiving
Columbia
Trashy Games and Trashy Food
The Odyssey
I Don't Have To Tell You Anything
You Did It
Life Is Funny Isn't It?
Grass Salads and Piggyback Rides
Love, Rosie
When She Sees My Face I Hope It Gives Her Hell
I Know You
Dear, Cherry
Show Them Who's Boss
You Called Me a Bitch?
And I Hated That Too
Six Months Later
I Love You
You Wrote A Book
A Jeep and A Porsche
Pigeons and Bagels
Christmas Lights
Later, Loser
The Diner Diaries
Epilogue

Mr. Bear

9.4K 324 262
By sincerelyhales

It was raining the day we drove to New York. It was dark outside despite it being two in the summer afternoon. The sound of pattering raindrops on the roof of the car had always been a comforting sound to me.

Rory and I sat in the front of my brand new Jeep while Lorelai, Luke and my mother went in Rory's new Prius. The trunk and most of the back seat were filled up with everything I would need for college, including a twin sized mattress that poked out between Rory and I's seat.

We were gonna get me settled in first in Columbia then the rest of them were gonna drive up to Yale for Rory. Of course, not after going shoe shopping at Lorelai's insistence.

"Are you sure that's all that happened in the UK?" Rory asked me suspiciously. Throughout the two hour drive I had recounted all the events that had happened within the month that I spent in London.

I sigh as I grip the steering wheel tighter, "Yes, Rory." I repeat for the second time.

"It's just, where are the cute British guys?" She exclaimed in disbelief at my lack of 'getting it' as she would say. "You're telling me you didn't see one guy that looked like Hugh Grant?"

I scoff at her words. "Speak for yourself," I tell her. "What about you? Did you see any cute Greek guys? Pulled a Mamma Mia?"

"No," Rory mumbled, disappointedly. "I still feel weird about Dean, you know?"

"You just got to let him go, maybe you'll find some cute guy at Yale?" I suggest with smirk, my eyes still trained on the foggy road ahead. I knew for sure that I wouldn't take my own advice. Jess was constantly in my head, much to my own dismay.

The rain overhead started to get heavier, causing Rory to speak up louder. "Are they still behind us?" She turns in her seat to look behind for her car that held all the adults. To be fair, we were both technically adults but I wasn't ready to admit that yet. I, Cassandra Quinn, an adult? Ew.

I look in the review mirror and see Rory's car behind us, Luke in the front seat while Lorelai yammered on in his ear. Which would explain the frown on his face.

"Aren't they just having a swell time," I joked to Rory who laughed lightly in response.

"I'm just scared that Luke will jump out of the moving car," she responds with a smile.

I nod my head in agreement, "I wouldn't put it past him."

I checked the review mirror once more to see Luke saying something to Lorelai who sat in the passenger seat while my mum mocked him in the back seat with her hand. Lorelai burst out laughing, causing Luke to turn behind. I brought my eyes back to the road before I could see what havoc was unleashed.

"You're gonna call me right?" Rory perked up suddenly. "While you're in New York and I'm all the way in Connecticut." I didn't have to look at her to know she was frowning.

I take one hand off the wheel and wrap it around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me. "Every Sunday evening just like we planned." I promised her as I leaned my head on hers. "You're not getting rid of me that easily, Ror."

"Couldn't if I wanted to," she says and I cast my gaze toward my best friend with a small smile.

~~~

"Is that everything?" Luke asked from the doorway of my new home for the next four years.

I look around the room, trying to think if there was anything else that needed to be done. My mattress had been placed on my bed carefully, along with my bed sheets, pillows and duvet. There was a desk in the room pushed up against the far left wall with one big window next to it.

There was only two occupants of this dorm, a girl name Zayna Ahmad and myself. With that said, I didn't need to share a bedroom with anyone and we could have tons more space.

All of my books would be neatly placed in the small shelf that hung above the desk, but currently sat in its boxes on the desk. I walk out of my new bedroom and into the living area. There was a tiny fridge that stopped at my waist that was pushed up next to the kitchen stove and counter that acted as a table with its two chairs.

The living room was empty except for a fireplace, courtesy of the university, and a single sad couch with two armchairs around a coffee table. I'm sure that when Zayna arrived more furniture would come with her. Other than that, there was nothing else for me to do.

"That's it," I breathe out as I look to my family. Lorelai stood next to Luke in the doorway with Rory between them. I felt my mum put her arm around my shoulders.

"Then we got to get going," she told me sadly. "We still need to get Rory settled in."

I nod my head, understanding what she meant. "Yeah, I can unpack the rest by myself."

"Well then, this is the part where we say our goodbyes." Lorelai said lightly.

Luke nods his head before walking over to me. He awkwardly hugged me along with a pat on the head. "Study hard," he told me with a small smile. He looks to the rest of the people in the room. "I'll wait in the car," he tells them before heading out the door with one final smile my way.

"He's just saying that because he doesn't want you to see him cry," Lorelai mocked before coming over to me. She wrapped her long arms around me tightly. "If there's a party, call me," she whispered in my ear as I laughed at her joke.

"Yes, ma'am." I mock saluted her. "I'll see you soon," I say before she pulls away, allowing Rory to say her goodbye.

I engulf her in a bear hug, almost crushing her bones. "Remember the deal," she told me sternly once we pulled away.

"I'll take it to my grave," I swear as I ruffled her hair slightly. "If only a Whitney Houston song played in the background this would be the perfect sad movie moment," I joked to cover up how sad I was that I wouldn't be seeing these people everyday like I usual would.

"I'll remember for that next time," Rory responded before hugging me one last time. "Bye, Cass."

"Bye, Ror." I said to her sadly as she joins her mother outside.

I turn around to face my mother who stood in the middle of the room. She opened her arms for me and I walked right into them. I inhaled her smell one last time before I could forget. She stroked my hair lightly as she spoke.

"I'm gonna miss you, kid." She says sadly, making me tighten my arms around her waist. "You're so big already."

I smile softly into her shirt, "I'm gonna miss you too, mum." I pull away from her as she held my face in her hand.

"If you need anything at all, call me. Okay?" She tells me as I nod my head in confirmation. "I don't care what time it is, I will drive down here. Got it?"

"Got it," I agreed as we both walk toward the door.

She stops with her foot out the door. "Anything else you need?" She stalls, "A disco light? Your Mr. Bear?"

"I think you need Mr. Bear more than I do," I commented as she nods in agreement. "I love you."

"I love you too," she reciprocated with a kiss on my forehead. "Be good," she said before closing the door behind her as she left. The sound of the door clicking shut made me realise that I was finally where I wanted to be.

After an hour of me rearranging my books on the shelf and stocking the fridge with some snacks, I heard some commotion form outside the front door. I drop the bad of chips in my hand on the counter and made my way over to the door.

I opened it and was met with a mattress falling onto me. I let out a small yelp as I tried to hold of upright and prevent myself from falling down with it.

"Oh my god!" I hear someone say from behind the mattress. "I'm so sorry!" The voice was calming and sweet, like how I imagined honey would sound like.

I felt the weight of the mattress being lifted off me and came face to face with who I assume was Zayna. She was a tall and slim girl with skin that was tanned to perfection. She had on a hijab that cast a slight shadow over her light brown eyes. She was so pretty that I forgot I was supposed to be helping her.

"You need some help?" I quickly offered with a friendly smile.

"Yes, please." She sighed out in relief as I grabbed one end of the mattress and began to pull. "I'm Zayna," she introduced. "I'm guessing you're Cassandra?"

I shake my head at my full name. "Cassie," I corrected as I opened the door to her room to place the mattress on her bed. "This is your room," I told her.

"Thank you," she breathed out as she sat on the bed. "I'm sorry I'm late," she apologised as she fixes her dark blue hijab.

I wave her apology away. "Don't sweat it, I'm just glad you're here." I offer her a hand to stand up. "Do you need help with your other stuff?"

"I need as much help as I can get," she says as we make our way to the front door. I peer outside to see that the hallway was empty except for a wagon of boxes upon boxes. "My parents bailed on me," she explains.

I pick up the first box I see and follow her inside. "Why?" I ask curiously. "If you don't mind me asking," I added politely.

"They're helping my sister get settled in at Harvard," she said the word as if it were something unpleasant. "Decided that she was more important since she got into there."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I try to console her. I laid down the first box on the counter before heading back out to grab more boxes.

"It's fine," she brushes it off. "We're from here anyway so I'll probably see them soon."

We continue to unload most of her stuff until it was all inside the dorm. I shut the door behind me and lock it as I check the clock that hung on the wall. It was already seven o'clock which would explain why I could practically feel my stomach growling.

Despite the time, it was still bright outside. "Are you hungry?" I asked Zayna as I looked in the fridge. Nothing in there except for my pathetic chocolate milk.

"I'll let you choose the food if I can choose the music!" I heard her yell back from her room.

"Fine by me," I say, "The stereo is in my room."

I flipped through the phone book for any good deliveries as I see Zayna come out of her room and grab my stereo. She puts it on the counter next to me before heading back into her room to probably find a cd.

She comes back out with her hijab off, revealing her long brown hair that fell into neat curls. Zayna walks over to me with a cd in her hand. She slides it into place and I smile as the song plays.

"You like Blink-182?" I asked her in surprise as I raised an eyebrow at her.

She sits in an armchair as she unpacks what looks like picture frames and decorations onto the table. "Along with Radiohead, Pearl Jam and various others." She tells me without looking up from her box.

"You and I are gonna get along just fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.3K 64
Rory graduated Yale and went on the campaign trail following Barrack Obama. But then her life didn't proceed the way she had dreamed and planned. H...
5.7K 286 10
[ON HOLD ] in a different time, in a different space, i still want you in my head, still want you in my face. jess mariano x fem oc © salkulti
17.7K 264 21
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮." "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐚�...
4.5K 78 9
LUKE & LORELAI ❝i don't have many people in my life who are in my life permanently, forever.❞ ❝but there is no one who will be...