Imprint From Out Of Town {Sta...

By EmeraldLuna14

Derek, Scott and Stiles are visiting other packs nearby in hopes of forming alliances. They find themselves i... More

Chapter 1: Detour
Chapter 2: Forks
Chapter 3: La Push
Chapter 4: Vampire?
Chapter 5: Good and Bad
Chapter 6: What's an Imprint?
Chapter 7: Chill Out Man
Chapter 8: Sites to See
Chapter 9: Dog fight
Chapter 10: Silver Wolf
Chapter 12: Imprint
Chapter 13: The decision
Chapter 14: Beach date
Chapter 15: His Mate
Chapter 16: The Cullens
Chapter 17: One more day
Chapter 18: A momentary goodbye
Chapter 19: Home sweet...
Chapter 20: Telling the sheriff
Chapter 21: Book a flight
Chapter 22: Meeting the sheriff
Chapter 23: The Hale-McCall Pack
Chapter 24: Pack trials
Chapter 25: Jackass
Chapter 26: Alone Time
Chapter 27: Freaky
Chapter 28: Christmas
Chapter 29: Can't we at least have Christmas?
Chapter 30: Sparring
Chapter 31: Battle plans
Chapter 32: A pause
Chapter 33: Multipack
Chapter 34: Anticipation
Chapter 35: Battle
Chapter 36: Jake
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: An engagement
Chapter 39: Forever with you

Chapter 11: Timing

8.5K 277 38
By EmeraldLuna14

This can't be good.

"Tell me what?" I asked nervously. All thoughts of friskiness immediately left my mind. My heart was pounding in my chest.

"Don't freak out," he said, bringing his hands up in a gesture of innocence.

"Freak out? Why would I freak out? Who's freaking out? Not me!" I stammered uncontrollably, hands twitching.

"Stiles..." that's only the second time he's ever said my name... and the way he said it... I could listen to it on repeat forever.

"Just- whatever it is, just tell me. Get it over with. Rip off the bandaid," I listed anxiously with arms flailing.

How was I already so attached to this guy and I didn't even know his last name? I mean seriously. Usually in a situation like this I might be bouncing off the walls but I could still play it cool. That all went out the window with Paul.

"Here goes nothing..." he trailed off quietly. "I im-,"

"Stiles! There you are! Are you okay?" Scott broke into our little corner of the forest. Jesus Christ Scott- could you have worse timing? He saw my look because then he glanced between us awkwardly. "Sorry... did I interrupt something?"

"Kinda!" I exclaimed sarcastically. I pointed my finger at Paul. "You're not off the hook. We'll finish this conversation later." He nodded once. "Where's Derek?" I addressed Scott.

"He's waiting at the car. He figured you probably didn't want him to come and get you. I told him he was being ridiculous but-," Scott said.

"He was right," I said sharply.

"Stiles..." Scott huffed.

"No Scott. He's known for years how I've felt. I've wasted years. It's not completely his fault that I was-am-I don't know- in love with him," I babbled.

Paul let out a growl at my words.

"Easy tiger," I rolled my eyes. "I'm already over it," I glowered, stomping my way back to the trail. I didn't spare them a glance to see if they were following.

"Stiles- he meant well," Scott tried to reason with me.

"Wow! Suddenly I feel so much better about the whole thing," I said in a sarcastically bright tone.

"Personally I think the guys an idiot," Paul added casually.

"See! That's the kind of energy I need right now," I pointed, raising my eyebrows at Scott.

"But Stiles-," Scott tried again. I was prepared to throw at stick at his head at this point.

"No, we're done talking about this. In fact, as of right now nothing happened," I stated firmly before tripping over a root.

I was careening towards the dirt when Paul caught me, his big hands steading my nervous body. I caught sight of those striking brown eyes and suddenly my anger, my hurt, all of it melted away. His big brown eyes were looking at me intently, again as if he could read me like an open book. I bit my lip at all of the staring, but I couldn't seem to look away.

"Ahem," Scott coughed loudly.

"Uh- right," I said absentmindedly. Paul's hands lingered for a moment, trailing down my arms slowly before disappearing.

The Camaro came into view and the nerves were back, roiling around in my gut as I caught sight of the tall, dark and handsome leaning against it. I wanted to turn around and run away. I loved him and he didn't love me and I looked like a total fool and-

Paul's hand brushed against mine, grounding me, giving me a little jolt of reassurance. I can do this. Derek doesn't have the power to make me feel unworthy or foolish. I'm Stiles Stilinski, emissary of the Hale-McCall pack, soon to be successful criminal analyst. Not to mention the fact that an extremely attractive man to my right is giving me his undivided attention. I deserve that, not what Derek was giving me.

"Stiles I'm-," Derek started to say in a pleading voice. I raised a hand to silence him.

"It's forgotten- we're moving on," I said in a neutral tone.

"But I-," he tried again. I silenced him with a look this time. "I suppose I deserve that," he nodded, frowning slightly.

I got into the car wordlessly, and Paul slid in after me. I realized we were short one person when Scott got in the passenger seat.

"Where's Jared?" I asked.

"He went for a run. He knows when he needs to make himself scarce," Paul smiled at me.

"I'm liking him more and more," I chuckled.

"Really? Usually people have a hard time with him... mostly because he's a sarcastic asshole," He laughed.

"That's precisely the reason I like him," I winked. "Us sarcastic assholes need to stick together." He laughed, bumping my shoulder playfully.

But he didn't move away, instead leaning against my side casually. I wasn't complaining, not even when his hand came to rest against my thigh. Again, butterflies exploded dramatically and my heart started its mile a minute marathon. I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling at the contact. I could feel Derek's eyes on me in the rear view mirror, but I didn't care. Take it all in Der-Bear, I thought smugly. But the way Paul made me feel wasn't something my body was conjuring up to make Derek jealous, even if I'd like to believe it was. The guys presence and touch alone was enough to drive me crazy.

"Take us to Sam's please," I said to Derek without looking at him.

"I thought you wanted to see Second Beach?" Derek questioned.

This time I met his eyes. "I do," I stated simply.

"I think that would be a great place for a first date... if you'll have me?" Paul asked, smiling shyly at me. I couldn't help the large smile that broke out across my face.

"I would love that," I responded excitedly.

"Awesome! I'll pick you up tomorrow morning?" He asked, with a hint of uncertainty.

"Ooh, an all day date? Even better!" I winked at him. "Do I need to bring anything?"

"I'm the one that asked you out, I've got it covered. All you need to bring is your beautiful self," he smirked, his eyes trailing down my body.

My cheeks flushed crimson and I held back the school girl giggle that wanted to escape. I have a date with a hot werewolf tomorrow. Eeeekk! Okay I'm done.

Just then we pulled up in front of Sam's place, and on looking in we could see most of the pack was present. Excellent. No opportunities for Derek to corner me. The motel tonight would be another story entirely, but I pushed the thought away.

"Hey!" Jake said excitedly. "You guys down for a beach bonfire tonight?"

"Tonight works for them... but Paul and Stiles are busy tomorrow," Edward winked, eyeing the two of us suggestively.

"Not fair Dude!" Paul glared at the vampire.

"We have a date," I announced, wiggling my eyebrows.

"About damn time," Jared rolled his eyes. The comment made me blush, as did the way Paul was currently smiling at me. "Maybe he'll finally te-," he broke off there, because Paul was glaring at him like he might chop his head off.

Does Jared know what Paul was supposed to- or going to anyway- tell me earlier today? Now my curiosity was spiking as I eyed Paul suspiciously. And for someone who couldn't take his eyes off of me all day, he certainly seemed to be avoiding my gaze now.

"How was site seeing? Did Paul take you to the tree graveyard?" Emily asked, changing the subject.

"Yes! It was so cool!" Scott said excitedly.

"Good, it's my favourite and a must see," Emily nodded in approval.

Scott's phone went off then, and by the look on his face we knew it was Isaac on the other end. He excused himself, strolling out of the house with a 'hey babe' spoken into the phone.

"Any sign of the redhead?" Derek asked Sam.

"Not yet," he answered with a frown. I wonder if she'll show up while we're here.

"So Stiles, when would you like to come meet the vampire population of Forks?" Edward asked casually.

Derek's head snapped in our direction as I took a seat next to the vampire. "Is it safe?" He demanded. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Derek- please. If it wasn't, Edward wouldn't invite us," I snapped- perhaps with a little more venom than necessary.

"Yikes... trouble in paradise?" Embry chuckled, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"You could say that," Derek sighed.

"Though not unwarranted," Edward spoke up with a flat look at my alpha. Points for the vampire.

"How about the day after tomorrow?" I addressed Edward. "I'm excited to meet Alice!"

"Of course, we wouldn't want you to miss out on your date, now would we?" He asked with a smirk. I blushed, glancing sidelong at Paul.

"It would be a real shame," Derek scoffed. I shot him a glare for that comment, my eyes glinting dangerously.

"Thin ice Hale," I growled. He looked visibly reprimanded, which is all that mattered.

"O-Kay then... Stiles, wanna help me get everything packed for the bonfire?" Jake broke the visible tension in the room.

"Sure," I grinned, following him into the kitchen to help Emily. Paul was hot on my heels.

"I'll help too," he said happily.

Jake raised his eyebrows, "I guess there's a first time for everything."

"Shut it," Paul laughed.

While the four of us packed up all of the assorted bonfire foods, blankets and pillows, Paul made a point to touch me every chance he got. Whether it was our fingers brushing, arms rubbing, or at one point his chest up against my back, I noticed every single time. It made me feel giddy inside, and I loved it.

"Race you there!" Embry teased Jake as we all headed out the door.

"You're so on," he grinned, kissing Edward's cheek before taking off into the woods after Embry. "Bet you're not as fast as you look Scott!" Jake yelled behind him. Scotty cracked a smile before sprinting away.

All of the wolves followed suit with huge grins on their faces, even Edward raced after them. Paul and Derek were the only two that stayed behind to walk with Emily and I.

"At least they're the ones carrying everything," I chuckled. Emily was smiling after them in the same fond way I was, it was nice not to be the only human.

"You planned that out perfectly," Paul laughed.

"We're smarter than we look," I winked, linking my arm with Emily.

"How else would we run with wolves?" Emily asked with a grin.

Derek cleared his throat from behind us, and I turned my eyes on him questioningly.

"Stiles? Will you walk with me for a minute?" He asked uncertainly. I could never tell if he knew that tone in his voice made me melt.

"Sure Der," I sighed, releasing Emily and falling into step beside him.

Paul and Emily seemed to sense the need for privacy, because they sped up a little. When there was enough space between us Derek decided to speak.

"Look Stiles. I'm really sorry, for all of it. And before you say anything I know thats not enough," he sighed heavily. "But you're my best friend. You're my emissary and my family and I love you. Please don't hate me. I couldn't live with myself if you hated me."

I stopped in my tracks, making Derek stop too. He looked up at me through his lashes for a moment, before glancing away again. Preparing himself for the worst, because that's what his life had always given him... the worst. I couldn't hate him even if I wanted to.

"Derek Anthony Hale. I do not hate you. I'm just hurt, but I'll get over it," I smiled small and he looked at me hopefully. I gestured him closer with a head toss and he smiled before placing himself in my outstretched arms. "I love you too Der-bear," I murmured into his neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 301 6
What happens when Bella's cousin Stiles Stilinski moves to Forks with his dad to try and help Charlie Swan with the mysterious animal attacks? He do...
39.6K 1.1K 15
After having lost her father, her uncle going back to Florida, accidentally killed a young teenage girl and having triggered the werewolf curse, but...
213K 6.5K 23
Stiles is 17 years, hyperactive and maybe even a little too sarcastic boy from Beacon Hills. His life is different, he is in a pack. Yes, a werewolf...
4.2K 142 12
dakota and paul lahote were two peas in a pod while they lived with their parents in tacoma. but when their happily married parents divorce suddenly...