The Cambridges - BRF Fanficti...

By KiWeasley

•CURRENTLY ON PAUSE• *Many typos and grammar mistakes. I apologize, I'm not a native speaker and I should rea... More

The Cambridges
1. Prince Louis of Cambridge
3. Inconveniences
4. James
5. Christening pt.1 - A Royal feud
6. Christening pt.2 - Crisis
7. Christening pt. 3 - Apologies and changes
8. Uncle Harry
9. Instagram
10. Eugenie's wedding
11. Secrets and lies
12. Attack
13. Hospital
14. Home
15. Prince Philip
16. Surrogate mother
17. Archie Harrison
18. Trooping the Color
19. Archie's christening
Q/A for the characters?
20. Tokyo 2020?
21. Finding Freedom?
22. Out of here
23. Commonwealth Day
24. Fear
25. Hold Still
26. A year in pictures
27. Now, what?
Announcement

2. A Royal Wedding

10.5K 108 15
By KiWeasley

"Are you ready, Vic?" Dad entered the room holding a sleeping Louis in his arms. He smiled as I turned to him, nodding.

"I am, yes." I placed the fascinator, that matched with my dress, on its place and walked towards my father. "Are we all ready?"

My father didn't reply, but instead pulled me into a hug with the arm he wasn't using to hold Louis, and I was caught off guard by that.

"Dad- Dad" I smiled, hugging him as well. "Is everything alright?"

"It is," finally, he left me. "It's just... You look so much like your mother," he took my hand.

I giggled, as the atmosphere was becoming a bit too sappy. "Is it a positive thing or...?"

He giggled as well and kissed my forehead. "Of course. You're so beautiful sweetheart."

"Thanks, dad" I replied.

"Alright, so" after a couple seconds dad shook his head. "We're gonna be late, so we better head downstairs."

I agreed. He stepped aside to allow me going first, and I made my way downstairs where mum, George and Charlotte were already waiting. "We thought you got lost in the house," mum joked. "We've been waiting for ten minutes."

"Now we are here," dad pointed out, giving Louis to Nanny Maria. He wasn't coming with us to the wedding, of course, but he would have come to the reception.

"Yeah, I think you have to go, Will" mum smiled before kissing dad and almost pulling him out of the door. "Harry's probably a bundle of nerves right now, and it's time for you two to have your walk to the church." Just after dad had left, mum turned once again to us. "In the meantime, we're going to get everyone else."

As mum held George's hand, I kneeled down, lifted Charlotte in my arms and carried her to the car. I helped her climbing inside and followed her. Shortly after, we left Kensington Palace.

***

Half an hour later, the car stopped in front of the church. It was way crowded than when we left Kensington Palace, as it now had all the bridesmaids and pageboys that were about to attend the wedding.

"Let's go Vic," mum called, opening the door and climbing out. I did the same, and we helped the children out. My sister waited right by my side and as soon as my hands were free she grabbed it, a bit unsure, but she kept waving.

Mum, George and the other children reached us and Meghan's maids walked towards us to help us take care of the children. We climbed the stairs all the way up to the top and waited for Meghan to arrive. Dad and uncle Harry were already inside, and I could see glimpses of them every now and then. The church was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't wait to go inside.

Where the Queen's car arrived, I knew it was just a matter of minutes before Meghan's arrival. My great grandma made her way up the stairs, followed by my great grandpa. I curtsied to her, just like my mother and the other women. After she greeted the bishop she made her way to her seat and, as I thought, Meghan's car stopped in front of the church shortly after. I left the children to go and help and her mother Doria with veil.

"Careful," she smiled as she climbed out of the car.

"Of course," I replied. "Meghan, you look beautiful."

She stared at me, then nodded. "You too, my dear. And thanks."

I fixed her dress and her veil, and we walked to the children, ready to take off for their walk ahead of the bride. Mum, Meghan's friends, Doria and I left shortly before she started walking down the aisle and went to our seats just in time to see my grandfather, Prince Charles, waiting for Meghan to arrive, so she didn't have to walk alone the second part of the aisle.

"What's he doing?" Dad leaned towards my mum, an eyebrow raised.

"It was such a nice gesture of him, Wills" mum replied.

"Yeah but the protocol-" Dad tried again.

"Are you jealous or what?" She shushed him.

Finally, dad nodded and rested again on his seat.

***

"It was lovely, wasn't it?" Mum turned to dad as we stood up and walked to the main aisle, where George and Charlotte were waiting for us with the other children.

"It was, yeah." He nodded. Then he sighed and stated "I'm getting George."

He walked away, while mum waited with mum until Charlotte ran towards us, grabbing my hand. "Vicky," she called, and I smiled to her.

"Hey darling."

Harry and Meghan walked past us, and we took our places behind them and behind Grandpa Charles, Grandma Camilla and Doria. I held Charlotte's hand as we walked the aisle following our family, and when we had made our way out we stopped aside, so everyone else could leave the church. Mum, dad and George joined us and we spent a few minutes looking at the crowd, while George complained about how hot it was.

"Vicky look," Charlotte called. Both mum and me kneeled down to be at her height, so we could hear her better. "Look, they have uncle Harry's face" she giggle, pointing towards a couple, in the first rows of the crowd, that was wearing masks with uncle Harry and Meghan's faces.

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, they do. They look just like them. C'mon, let's go."

We walked down the stairs and boarded the cars, then we headed to Frogmore house for the pictures and the reception. When we reached the room where the photographer had already set his camera, we were joined by the newly-weds. Uncle Harry and Meghan entered the room holding hands, bright smiles on their faces, as they began to greet the few of us who had already arrived.

"Victoria, darling" uncle Harry called, pulling Meghan with him, as he made his way towards us.

"Hey uncle," I smiled as he hugged me. "Congratulations!"

"Yeah, congrats" dad smiled as well and gave a quick hug to his brother, shortly after turning to Meghan. "And to you as well, Meghan. Welcome to the family."

"Oh, thank you William." Meghan replied, grabbing Harry's arm with both her hands. "And Kate, dear" she cooed, smiling to my mum. "It's a pleasure to have you here."

"You look beautiful, Meghan" mum complimented her. Then she stepped aside, letting me right in front of the couple.

By the look Meghan gave me, I immediately understood there was something with me that she didn't like. Despite that, she walked towards me and wrapped her arms around me.

"Victoria," she smiled. "Your dress," she sighed. "It's... Bright. Really, really bright."

"Oh, I didn't mean to-" she caught me off guard, and I babbled something while taking a couple steps behind. "It's just-"

"It's just a dress, Meghan" mum came to rescue me. "You're are the star, today, don't worry."

As she stick her hand in the air, looking for my hand, I knew something between her and mum had just broken. "Let's go sweetheart, let's find our places for the picture."

She gently pulled me with her, and we walked away.

***

***

kensingtonroyal The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have released three official photographs from their Wedding day.

This photograph was taken by photographer @alexilubomirski in The Green Drawing Room of Windsor Castle, following the carriage procession #RoyalWedding

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...