Childish

By Mintiyoon

How much love can a child handle? About how you, the cute reader, manages this abundance of attention. Haikyu... More

Moving Day
Pretty Cool
New Neighbours
First Day at School
It's always Lev😔
New People
Some Pain :)
Bokuto's Time to Shine
Kaashi!Kaashi!Kaashi!Kaashi!
Special #1
Special #2
The Start of TRAINING CAMP!
Nekoma's Little Manager
Finally, Some Time to Relax!
Spin The Bottle?
Karasuno Crumbs
Special #2.1
Special #2.2
End of Training Camp
We Love Some Filler
Special #4
The Commandments are Broken
A Lot Happened Maybe?
Hmmmggmm Title

Exam Week Oh LorD-

6.9K 276 125
By Mintiyoon

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

"Please?"

It was evening at the [surname] household and [name] was begging his mother to let him go to the upcoming training camp Nekoma was attending.

"You do know that you're not actually in the team or the school, love?" his mother explained.

"They said it was ok!" he persuaded her to the best of his abilities and she blinked, surprised at this statement. She looked to see if he was lying but only saw truth in his eyes.

This wasn't wrong, he really was telling the truth. Just not to the full extent of how he had to convince the coaches to let him attend. Their final conclusion was for him to as his parents and come back with their signatures. They were already so soft on him, it was a guaranteed success.

But who gave him this idea?

It was the volleyball team's captain himself.

At long last, his parents finally agreed and he went to bed feeling extremely happy about it. That night he dreamed about all the fun that could happen. It was an abstract dream but there was fun in it.

Honestly speaking, he didn't fully understand what was going to happen but he imagined a 'volleyball sleepover' as Kuroo had said. Just those two words were enough to convince him.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

[name] looked at his shoes as he entered the classroom. He was nervous but that was how it was every time. He shuffled awkwardly to his seat. Settling down, he was surprised that Junichi wasn't here today. Oh well.

The day went on as it always did. [name] never really interacted with the other kids. There was no special reason, he was just awkward. Some other children had talked to him as the weeks went on but [name] couldn't help but think about how he was wasting their time, how the conversations always became so stale on his end.

"[surname]-kun, do you want to sit with me for lunch today?" a girl who he barely recognised came up to him. He could see the rest of her friendship group staring at the two of them from behind her. He gulped.

"N-no thank you..." he hoped she wasn't offended and put the thank you in there just in case. He had nothing against her but he dreaded sitting there and eating with them staring at him.

The girl puffed her cheeks cutely at his denial but let out a small smirk, "Just wait, one day I'm gonna make you sit with us!"

[name] was dumbfounded. He didn't know how to respond to that so he just nodded and turned away.

He went to his table to eat there. Usually Junichi would sit there so he would find some other place but Junichi was absent.

He sat down and took his lunchbox out, anticipating what he had today when he heard a thud next to him and flinched. Huh? Junichi?

The said boy glared at him and sat down.

[name] sat still, tensed and ready to get up but found that Junichi wasn't doing anything next to him. He sat still, not eating anything. [name] stayed frozen for a bit before continuing to eat.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Later in class, there was an activity where they had to make a play dough model of a building. This activity was to be done in pairs which was hell for [name]. First of all, he didn't know who to be in a pair with. Secondly, once he got into a pair he would just clam up and not do a thing. Thirdly-

"Oh it seems only you two are left, I guess you'll have to pair up," the sweet voice of his teacher interrupted his thought process and he looked up to see who else she was referring to. It didn't take much since he found that it was his dear old desk mate.

[name] went pale thinking about how unlucky this was.

They were tasked to construct a colosseum. They received a picture and [name] puzzled over where to start. Should he make everything from bottom up or make all the separate pieces first and then connect them?

Cutting through his turmoil was a voice that commanded him to "Make some pillars!" [name] turned to Junichi to see him concentrated in making the base of the monument.

Junichi looked up feeling a stare on him and locked eyes with [name]. He stared for a few seconds before throwing some play dough at him and viciously moulding his own pile. [name] couldn't hear all of his furious muttering but managed to catch a few words like "stupid eyes" and "dumb face".

These were harsh words but somehow, [name] found the boy all little less scary than before. [name]'s lips curled into a minuscule smile as he started to roll the dough. Unknown to him, Junichi managed to see it and his hands moulded the dough faster and more vigorously.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

There was a week left until the training camp and [name] was pumped up. However he found himself wondering why some of the team seemed to be much gloomier. He went over to Lev who was slumped on the floor groaning about something.

Kuroo saw his confusion and smirked, "Don't worry about him, little [name]. He's got exams and an embarrassingly low IQ, it seems all the growth went to his height instead of his brain."

Lev felt an arrow pierce him in every phrase Kuroo added on. "[name]... you'll have to go on without me," he groaned lowly, reaching out to [name] who stepped back, alarmed, only to bump into Yamamoto who was in a similar position to Lev.

[name] edged away from these zombie like figures and to the calm side of the gym.

The coaches decided to have a few less volleyball practices that week to make sure everyone was focusing on their tests. Most of the team complained against that but ultimately had to accept.

All [name] got out of it was that there was going to be less volleyball and his eyes drooped in disappointment.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Cue exam week montage~

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Yamamoto had sweat trickling down his forehead in immense concentration. He took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly. He couldn't afford to mess this one up. He closed his eyes to silently pray before opening them back up again, setting his eyes into a concentrated glare.

Then he saw it.

A chance.

An opening.

He raised his hand up feeling the momentum gathering, pushing his hand past it's limits as he brought it down like lightning.

However, it missed it's target and the gust of wind caused by his speed diminished.

In his moments of despair, another hand descended upon him and smacked him.

"WHAT are you doing!" Yaku screeched at him and Fukunaga who were playing the hand slap game.

"You're supposed to be revising, for god's sake!" he brought his hands to his waist and started a long lecture.

Yamamoto could see Fukunaga mocking him from the side but he couldn't lash out right now and quietly endured this double attack.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

[name] was spending the night at Kenma's house and they were peacefully playing games - well, Kenma was playing games and [name] playing with his hair from behind.

Until Kuroo barged in and whipped out his science flashcards to start drilling facts into Kenma's brain.

Kenma pulled his head away from [name]'s delicate fingers. There was a small attempt at a plait in his hair which was coming undone. [name]'s face crumpled at the locks that were going back to their original state.

"Shut uuuuuup Kuuuurooo!" Kenma pulled at his hair and clenched his hands on his ears to block out his nerd talk.

But Kuroo wouldn't let him do that. He grabbed his hands, getting closer to his face to make sure he heard all the gibberish, ahem, educational facts that he said.

Kenma got extremely annoyed and lobbed a few pillows at him only for them to be blocked and thrown back at him.

[name] stared, puzzled at the two fighting friends until he managed to get caught in the crossfire. A stray pillow hit him square on the face and he toppled back onto the bed. The other two stopped their bickering when they heard a muffled "oomf" come out of the boy.

They shuffled closer to the fallen soldier to check on him and Kuroo was met with a pillow to the face. "Did you just...?" he drawled off.

[name] decided to throw the pillow back at him but was slightly alarmed when he saw Kuroo's surprised face. Kuroo reassured him by getting his signature Cheshire cat smirk on his face and picking up two more pillows.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

It was the fated day.

The team would get their scores and this would determine whether they could go to camp or not.

They all decided to open them collectively at the same time.

Immediately, tears were flowing onto the floor and cheers of joy filled the locker room.

"Wait what the f u c k is this Lev?" Yaku's voice was heard over everyone else's.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" the overjoyed male was snapped out of his daze and faced Yaku who was holding his sheet.

"You barely got a passing score!" Kuroo's keen ears listened in.

"But I remembered everything though Yaku-san! A squared plus B squared is C squared, the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell, density is mass over volume," he babbled on, boasting about his knowledge.

"I don't care, this is ridiculous! And don't start talking about the mitochondria as if you know what you're talking about, you embryo!" he kicked the back of Lev's knees, sending him to the floor.

Kai came over to calm him down, seeing that their 'responsible' captain was simply enjoying the chaos.

"Come on now, all that matter now is that everyone passed,

all that awaits us now is the camp!"

And with that, the training camp was officially on the road for all of them.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Imma edit this in the future so girl, feel free to roast my terrible grammar and excessive use of passive voice.

TRAINING CAMP FNCHSHSHGGHNG it's coming babey~

Also y'all really liked the big [name] chapter so imma continue that as a side series in the extras maybe. Fun fact, this was originally supposed to be a book with a grown male reader but I honestly can't follow the plot for shit and here we are.

ミ☆( *uωu)+.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91K 3.8K 57
- 𝐤𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 -y/n only has a few months living in Japan until she moves with her parents to England. She cr...
562K 11.8K 34
ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗⁱᵗˡᵉ ˢᵃʸˢ Includes: Any character Fluff Angst Small interactions And other things *I only update* •when I'm free •Not busy •or not lazy the...
15.4K 293 60
Requests are currently open! Female! Reader
2.3K 59 22
In which→ You liked the unpopular kid and wrote letters for him, but now you're his tutor, and he doesn't know you're his secret admirer. Or does he...