optical ↠ the boyz

By uwusunu

"i can't tell if you are the sun or the rain." this story is purely fiction, with all characters also being f... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
special chapter
extra chapter
epilogue
alternative ending - chapter sixty #1
alternative ending - chapter sixty #2
alternative endings explained

nine

1.6K 112 57
By uwusunu

He was sometimes cold, for a warm colour.

Ever since the incident, the boy tried his best to pay no mind to the girl, but he found it far too difficult.

Especially when he saw his best friend looking in her direction, or should he say, right at her.

"What's your deal with Nari?" Sunwoo nudges the boy jokingly, not wanting to seem as though he was starting anything, however, he was curious.

"Nothing," Hyunjae says innocently. "I wasn't even looking at her."

"Sure," he nods. "I wouldn't blame you, if so."

"You really think that highly of her?" He looks over his shoulder at the boy who had his eyes locked on hers from across the room, to which he quickly snapped out of it.

"Meh," Sunwoo shrugs. "She's alright."

She was more than alright, and the both of them knew it. But today wasn't the day to argue or dispute about it, they both knew it - that's all that mattered.

Nari noticed the eyes burning holes through her skull, when she looked behind Eric's shoulder to see Sunwoo looking at her. Of course, when she looked at him, he looked away.

But unknown to her, he was staring because he felt intense jealousy of the fact his best friend was looking right at her, and because of Lee Juyeon who sat too closely beside her.

"And you will be in the same pairings as last time as it is a continuation of your results," the teacher announces to the class, Nari wanting to groan at his words.

But the overwhelming silence from the room didn't allow her to do that. Was everyone that happy with their partners?

Nari looked around the room, to find Sunwoo sparing a glance at her before turning away again. He too wondered how they would survive another project together.

But if it went the way it did last time, the boyish nature in him wouldn't complain.

Nari rushed out of the class as soon as it was dismissed, the day was over and she could finally go home to collect her thoughts on how to approach things.

But Sunwoo wouldn't let that happen, he was too forward of a guy to contemplate things.

"Shall we just get this over and done with?" He asks, approaching Nari as she exited the school gates.

She halts, turning to face him whilst examining his face. She had wished that the gods weren't so generous to him.

"I don't want to rush it," she says confidently. "So we will need to take our time."

"Okay," he nods, understandingly. "Your place or mine?"

"Huh?" She asks, watching as a slow smirk appeared on his face, to which she slapped his arm. "You're disgusting, Kim Sunwoo."

She began to walk, but the boy only followed her like a lost puppy. "I was joking, calm down."

"It was much easier avoiding you," she says as she looks over her shoulder at him. "I don't know what you're following me for, I'm going home."

"Can't I come with you?" He genuinely asks. "On a serious note, I'd much rather get started on things so we can focus on our exams."

Nari turns to the boy, examining his face and expression one more time. He was serious, his eyebrows would furrow and his plump lips would stay situated in place - no trace of smugness lay upon his features.

"Fine," she huffs. "But don't expect me to make you dinner, we're not friends."

The boy follows her into the house, after a painless walk her home. They chatted, but nothing overstepped the line. However, Sunwoo felt himself wanting to know more about her.

"I'll check if my brothers home," she says as the boy takes off his shoes and jacket, and his eyes widen.

"I forgot about Sangyeon," he shakes his head, almost scolding himself.

"Why are you so worried?" Nari tilts her head.

"Your brother is a big guy," he nods. "And I bet he's overprotective."

"Barely," she shrugs. "Why would he need to be overprotective? It's an assessment we're working on."

The boy stays still, as she gives him a confused look before shouting for her brother, who didn't appear to be home.

"Are you coming?" She asks, as Sunwoo lifts his back from the wall and walks up the stairs with her.

Her room wasn't what he expected. For a girl with a particular attitude and confidence, he expected something more fierce. Instead he was greeted with pale green walls and a bunch of white furniture. Plain.

"Is green your favourite colour?" He asked, as the girl took out her laptop and placed it on the bed.

"No, I don't have one," she shrugs. "My parents chose it for me. Now, we have to sit on the bed because I never bothered to buy a desk, I don't use one, is that alright?"

The boy gulps, the natural association with a girl and a bed kicked in, but Sunwoo pushed those thoughts aside, he needed to get this work done.

But he had a feeling with Nari by his side, and the memories of the last time they spent together still fresh in his mind, that would be difficult.

"Do you plan on staring at me, or actually getting this project done?" Nari mocks the boys words, looking over to see Sunwoo somewhat distracted.

"I wasn't staring," he mocks her back, sticking his tongue out. "So, how far have you gotten?"

"You should be helping," she scoffs. "You're usually more helpful than this."

"You have no idea," he boy mutters under his breath, leaning over to examine the laptop which she held in her lap. "You know, holding your laptop in your lap is bad for the mechanisms."

"Why don't you buy me a desk then?" The girl rolls her eyes, to which he shrugs.

"Okay then," he says casually, making Nari look at him in confusion. "If it means we can do projects on somewhere other than the bed, then I would."

"This is our only project together," she argues. "So there's no need. Besides, what's so bad about my bed?"

The truth was, a weird part of Sunwoo wanted the girl to be happier and more content with her living space. When the words left his mouth, he realised how weird it would sound for a random boy to buy her a desk - but strangely, he didn't feel like much of a stranger to her anymore.

"Nothing, it's pretty comfortable," the boy throws himself back, watching Nari. "Can we take a break?"

"We? You've barely done a thing," the girl laughs, shutting over her laptop and sitting in the same position as Sunwoo just looked at her. "What?"

"I'm sorry for ignoring you in school," he says randomly, although they both knew it was true.

He had avoided her since the last time, but it didn't make that much of a difference to either of their lives. They barely ever spoke to start with.

"It's fine, I understand," the girl says awkwardly. "Given..."

Sunwoo chuckles, leaning his back against the wall as she sat before him. "You don't need to be so awkward about it."

"I kind of do," she shrugs, unable to fully look at him, although he looked at her in amazement, almost a slight tint of amusement.

"You've never done that kind of thing before?" He asks gently, and when she nods her head, he feels a sense of boyish pride that he was her first experience, but he also felt warm inside - for he was her first experience. "It's okay, you don't need to be embarrassed."

"I'm not," she nods, as though convincing herself. "I'm embarrassed for letting myself go like that, in front of you, not the actual things we done."

"You don't need to be embarrassed around me," he says softly, looking at the girl with genuine eyes. "I know you don't have much reason to believe that, but I'm not as bad as you think I am."

"Yeah right," the girl laughs, looking at the boy with furrowed eyebrows. "I think you're worse."

"Really?" He clutches his heart dramatically, making Nari chuckle. "I've got to prove myself, then."

"You don't have to prove anything," she shakes her head. "We're just doing a project, and then we can go back to avoiding each other."

"What if I don't want that?" He suddenly asks, almost surprising himself as much as her. He looked between her eyes, confusion was buried beneath them and written all over her face.

"Why wouldn't you?" She tilts her head.

"I guess I have more to teach you," he shrugs at an attempt to save himself. "More fun to have with you, that's what you wanted, right?"

"I guess," she laughed. "But not quite to that extent."

"Fine by me," he shrugs, giving the girl a smile. "Do you want to cuddle?"

The girls mouth drops, looking at the boy who sat before her with his red hair and conch piercings. "You, want to cuddle?"

"Forget it then," he throws a pillow at the girl, staring at her for a moment before pulling her arm down to lay with her. "It isn't so bad, huh?"

"Actually, no," she lets out a sigh, snugging her head in to his chest.

She hadn't experienced something like this before, and it baffled her that Kim Sunwoo would be the first.

But, he was in fact, the first of many experiences for Nari.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
591K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 44.8K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
70.4K 2.8K 13
"We saw each other cause of the noises my Hyungs make." ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ When two people opened a window at the same time and saw eac...