nine

He was sometimes cold, for a warm colour

Ever since the incident, the boy tried his best to pay no mind to the girl, but he found it far too difficult.

Especially when he saw his best friend looking in her direction, or should he say, right at her.

"What's your deal with Nari?" Sunwoo nudges the boy jokingly, not wanting to seem as though he was starting anything, however, he was curious.

"Nothing," Hyunjae says innocently. "I wasn't even looking at her."

"Sure," he nods. "I wouldn't blame you, if so."

"You really think that highly of her?" He looks over his shoulder at the boy who had his eyes locked on hers from across the room, to which he quickly snapped out of it.

"Meh," Sunwoo shrugs. "She's alright."

She was more than alright, and the both of them knew it. But today wasn't the day to argue or dispute about it, they both knew it - that's all that mattered.

Nari noticed the eyes burning holes through her skull, when she looked behind Eric's shoulder to see Sunwoo looking at her. Of course, when she looked at him, he looked away.

But unknown to her, he was staring because he felt intense jealousy of the fact his best friend was looking right at her, and because of Lee Juyeon who sat too closely beside her.

"And you will be in the same pairings as last time as it is a continuation of your results," the teacher announces to the class, Nari wanting to groan at his words.

But the overwhelming silence from the room didn't allow her to do that. Was everyone that happy with their partners?

Nari looked around the room, to find Sunwoo sparing a glance at her before turning away again. He too wondered how they would survive another project together.

But if it went the way it did last time, the boyish nature in him wouldn't complain.

Nari rushed out of the class as soon as it was dismissed, the day was over and she could finally go home to collect her thoughts on how to approach things.

But Sunwoo wouldn't let that happen, he was too forward of a guy to contemplate things.

"Shall we just get this over and done with?" He asks, approaching Nari as she exited the school gates.

She halts, turning to face him whilst examining his face. She had wished that the gods weren't so generous to him.

"I don't want to rush it," she says confidently. "So we will need to take our time."

"Okay," he nods, understandingly. "Your place or mine?"

"Huh?" She asks, watching as a slow smirk appeared on his face, to which she slapped his arm. "You're disgusting, Kim Sunwoo."