fifty six

"Should we spend the night in the bathtub like we did the first time?" Jungeun asks Nari, holding on to her arm as they walked to the kitchen

"Then we need to get just as drunk as we did that night," she reasons, the girl nodding excitedly.

The house party was full of people from their school, leaving Jungeun clueless as to who the hell anyone was.

Nari poured the drinks, stuffing the bottle under her arm as she motioned for the girl to leave with her.

"Why are you humphing that around with you?"

"Shots," Nari shrugs as Jungeun again nods her head in excitement, trailing behind the girl.

The girls wandered towards the living room, finding Eric and Juyeon sitting beside a rather drunk Hyunjae, which was surprising to see.

"We're going to chill in the bathtub," Nari announces, as the boys glance up at them.

"Why?" Juyeon chuckled, looking in confusion at the two boys beside him who wore the same look upon their faces.

"For old times sake," she answered as though it was the most casual thing ever.

"You guys are so inconsiderate," Eric says baffled, earning a laugh from the two. "What if I need to pee?"

"Nothing I haven't seen," Jungeun shrugged, as Hyunjae let out a scream of laughter, Eric's face flushing. "Don't interrupt us because you want to be a part of it."

"Girls only, sorry," Nari joked with a pout, waving goodbye to them as the blonde dragged her up the stairs.

The two lay with their legs hanging over the tub, their drinks were finished although neither wanted to move just quite yet.

"When will you see Jacob?" Jungeun asked, glancing over at Nari who sat with her head against the tiled wall.

"He's back for the summer again," she said with a slight smile. "He comes back next week."

"That's exciting," she says with a grin, although it wasn't quite reciprocated. "You don't look too happy."

"No, I am," she shook her head quickly, looking up at the lights. "It's just the thought of going away, we'll only end up further from each other."

"You've made it work this year, what more is three years, right?" Her friend spoke encouragingly, and truthfully it worked.

Nari sucked in a deep breath, nodding her head in agreement. "You're right, I just worry a lot."

"Life is terrifying, I don't blame you," she shrugged, looking at her empty cup. "Gosh, we're like two old aunties drunk too early in the party so we're reminiscing about life."

"A life that's barely started," the girl replied with a chuckle.

"That's a good way to look at it, partner," the blonde said, standing up as she offered her hand to the girl. "These drinks won't magically disappear down our throats."