RWBY: Upholding the Mission

By AgentOChaos

"Well....This is new." "Pilot, I detect sarcasm." An SRS Pilot, Sergeant (Y/N) (L/N), and his Vanguard Class... More

The Pilot and his Titan
Prologue: World Folding in on Itself
Chapter One: One Helluvah First Impression
Chapter Two: Back to School Sale
Chapter Three: Schools In
Chapter Four: Team Counseling
Chapter 5: Ass-kicking of the Century
Chapter Six: Rising Up in Forever Fall
Chapter Seven: Growing a Pair
*Filler: Different Caliber, Same Use
Chapter Eight: Headache
Volume Finale: World Unfolding
Volume Epilogue: Understanding
Volume Two Ch. One: Unfair Advantage
*Filler: Two Sides, Same Coin
Volume Two Ch. Three: Not So Keikaku
Volume Two Ch. Four: Up in Flames
#Filler: One Spicy Boi
Volume Two Ch. Five: Distress Vs Destress
Volume Two Ch. Six: What I'm Worth
Volume Two Ch. Seven: Night to Remember
*Filler: Comfort in the Cold
Volume Two Ch. Eight: In the Shadow
Volume Two Ch. Nine: Let the Hunt Begin
Vol. Two Ch. Ten: Holed Up
Vol. Two Ch. Eleven: Right in Their Faces
Vol. Two Finale: Frontier Defense
*Filler: Right Fit
*Filler: Lunch Break
Vol. Three Ch. One: Let the Fight, Begin!
Vol. Three Ch. Two: Lover's Quarrel
Vol. Three Ch. Three: Blessings
Vol. Three Ch. Four: Congratulations, Love
Vol. Three Ch. Five: Who I Truly Am
*Filler: Breaking the Ice
Vol. Three Ch. Six: Scorched Earth
Vol. Three Ch. Seven: A Courier's Hopes
Vol. Three Ch. Eight: Rendezvous
Vol. Three Ch. Nine: Remnants
Vol. Three Finale: Echoes of the Past
Vol. Three Epilogue: Rude Awakening

Volume Two Ch. Two: Scheming Up

6.5K 112 174
By AgentOChaos

~Third Person~

It has been roughly a few days since the food fights to end all food fights, or to give way to more. Since that time, the Pilot has been up to the normal regimen he had before but, with a twist. Now he spent the time by looking up the news to hear of anything that may be out of the ordinary. Ever since that lone Ronin Titan showed up at the docks, he had been on edge in a way that was far too familiar to him.

"PILOT, BRAIN ACTIVITY ALONGSIDE HORMONAL LEVELS SHOWS YOU ARE STRESSED OUT. I ADVICE YOU FIND A WAY YO DESTRESS."

"I will, Athena...I'm just still on the ropes about...y'know...the Ronin...?"

Within the young pilot's room, he sat upon the bookshelf right beneath the windowsill as the upper half of his suit was undone to reveal a (F/C) tank-top. His helmet in his hands, would unconsciously run his thumb over the faint "IMC" on the helmet. Meanwhile, his Titan's eye ball and portion of the chassis was visible in the window, or more appropriately, outside it. The pilot's face was fill of concern and, admittedly, fear for what is to come to this world. Or if it has already arrived.

"INDEED. THE SITUATION AT THE MOMENT IS ADMITTEDLY DIFFICULT GIVEN OUR LACK OF COMMUNICATIONAL ABILITIES."

"One can browse the internet for so long before being sidetracked...At least I know what's the best pizza place in town."

"PERHAPS YOU SHOULD PAY IT A VISIT. OUR COMBAT EFFICIENCY IS BEST ON A FULL STOMACH."

"Not a bad idea. And, not to mention, It'll give ya time to calibrate that Ronin Broadsword to your chassis."

Hopping up onto the bookshelf with a bit of help from his jump-kit, (Y/N) would slip the helmet over his head. With a press of the display on button, he then focused on putting on the rest of his flight suit and armor. Turning around in the process rewarded him with the sight of his "40-tonne death machine", pulling out that defeated Ronin's broadsword as Athena stepped back away from the building to give herself space. Spinning the blade around in her mechanical hands before striking a pose with the blade via stabbing its tip into the ground. The pilot would gain a nice chuckle from the feat as he then hopped out the window and activated the jump-kit right before touching the ground to let himself land softly.

Now making his way out from behind the academy, given the relative location of his dorm, he was greeted by the sight by an armada of ships. All following the color scheme of white with black or navy blue.

"Athena...? Put Ozpin on call, please?"

"REQUEST CONFIRMED. CONNECTING HEADMASTER OZPIN TO A CALL."

After a moment of something consisting of a dial-tone, Ozpin's portrait photo would appear on (Y/N)'s HUD before the Headmaster's voice came through loud and clear.

"Pilot! Pleasure to receive a call from you. Although I can't help but feel as though this was not a social call. Is there an issue?"

"Are we being invaded by an off-chance?"

"Ah! Yes. The armada of headache inducing ships in the sky. Well, I would like to introduce you to an old friend. Please, stop by my office as soon as possible."

The line was then cut with a simple beep before (Y/N) sighed out deeply that his pizza trip was going to be put on hold. Still, he looked upon the numerous ships in a sort of awe yet, pondering to himself about the last time he saw this amount of ships. Then it hit him in the form of a flashback to the final battle to disable the Fold Weapon...

"If this isn't preparing for war...I don't know what is..."

"AGREED, PILOT. IF THESE SHIPS ARE NOT INVADERS THEN, IT MEANS THEY ARE DEFENDERS."

~First Person~

Well, I knew I had to make a small trip to Ozpin's office yet, I stopped by the cafeteria for a bundle of butter cookies before making my way up to the Headmaster's office. And by up, I meant chaining wall-runs and grapple shots before finally landing right below an open window to the office. Yet, I heard another voice within aside from Ozpin's.

"Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival."

"Well, you know how much I love Vale, this type of year. Besides, with you hosting? I thought this would be a good time to...'catch-up?'"

"I myself am a honey mustard connoisseur."

Making my presence known by pulling myself up to the window, I took immediate notice of a man with slicked back black hair that was white at the sides. He had a pretty strong jaw feature to him yet, he didn't seem the "get to the choppa" type of jawline. He wore a white with silver details uniform that reminded me of what a General wears complete with secondary colors. This case, it was navy blue, fitting given the armada of ships, and red so that definitely meant he was a General. Although, he had something odd going on with his right hand being gloved and his right leg having something similar to a brace. He also wore a look of shock so, I know for a fact I caught him off guard with my appearance. First impressions are important. And I wanted to be known as a Sigma kind of guy.

Although Ozpin was less than taken back by my appearance since he would chuckle that the General was taken aback by my sudden appearance. Turning around as he stood next to his chair, with an extra mug aside his own and a brewing pot, Ozpin looked at me with an amused grin as he held the spare cup and poured what I could assume was coffee...or hot chocolate. Holding it out to me, I gladly took it as I lifted the bottom of my helmet up after taking a seat on the window sill. Popping open that packet of butter cookies from the cafeteria, I dunked one into the mug and bit it-its both...Hot chocolate and coffee...I didn't expect it so, it took me aback a bit at first but, the taste was pretty comforting and warm.

"Glad you could appear, Pilot. I take it the elevator was occupied?"

"Yep. Also because my Goodwitch sensor was going off the charts so, I took a detour to avoid detention again."

"I assume this has something to do with the fact Miss Rose was running around the halls with a happy smile and a live large caliber round in her hand?"

"Oi! That smile was too cute! I couldn't pass up on it!"

I do not regret that. Our little conversation was then interrupted by the clearing of a throat as we both then looked to the General. He wore a rather General kind of face that made me want to drop what I was doing and tear a new one into a JROTC rifleman. Instincts.

"And I assume this would be...?"

"Yes. Mister Pilot? Meet General James Ironwood of the Atlas Military Academy."

"...Ozzy? Judging from the fact you introduced me so casually, this wouldn't be the second time I was brought up to him...?"

I was irked... Ozpin's voice was a bit too lax given the circumstances at the moment as General Ironwood, who I wonder if he actually does have an iron wood, looked at me. I know for a fact he was scanning my pilot gear with intent that I had scene several times on the faces of Quartermasters checking me out. And not just for my ass but, for my tech. Ozpin would simply nod with a reassuring look that was unwavering.

"It would have been better that he found out first hand."

"Is it true, Pilot? Ships capable reaching the stars? Machines that are linked to man so both can be one?"

Blinking to myself and under my helmet, I turned on my thermal vision on the visor's sensory system with a discrete press of my gauntlet's "hot-key" buttons. Half his body gave off heat yet, the other half seemed to be...a bit colder than usual humans. Turning it off, I simply took a sip of the hot chocolate coffee  before responding bluntly.

"Yes. But the latter you probably know of already."

This would earn me a perplexed face from the General as Ozpin let out a soft chuckle.

"Now, back to our earlier conversation, James?"

"Are you sure it's safe with him around?"

"Yes. I can certainly appreciate quality time between friends. However, the small fleet outside my window has me somewhat concerned."

Now sitting at his table, Ozpin poured his own cup of, I'm going to call it, Morning Brew thanks to legal reasons. Wonder what would happen if I put a drop of STIM into that thing...Nah. I heard one of the grunt's spoke of that when I first joined the SRS...Poor guy...

"Well, concern is what brought them here."

"I understand travel between kingdoms is becoming increasingly difficult..."

"Damn. Blasting cargo ships into kingdom come already?

My little joke rewarded me with two sets of confused looks as I popped another cookie and some Morning Brew into my mouth. Looking at them, though, made me realize they didn't get that joke so, I opted to blink before taking a loud nice sip from my mug. Ironwood would soon turn back to Ozpin with a more...solemn tone.

"Oz? You and I both know why I brought those men..."

Something here...is a bit out of pay grade as I could instantly feel the mood of the room turn into one of, best in my words? Conspiracy. Ozpin would only take a nice deep sip of his mig before sighing out as he placed it back on the table.

"We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are only going to give off the wrong impression. Especially after reports of two colossal Atlesian robots facing off at Vale docks."

Looking over his shoulder, and at me, Ozpin's soft glare made me fiddle around with the mug in my hand. I hadn't thought about it but, its true what he says. A giant robot is already one too many for these people. Two is concerning. If these go as bad as they seem? It'll be the Battle of Angel City all over again...

"But what if Qrow said is true then-"

"IF what Qrow said is true, we will handle it tactfully..."

Ironwood's hands now found themselves on Ozpin's desk as even Ozpin himself leaned forward to address the General. A thing ticked inside my head and I know found myself standing next to Ozpin with my arms at my sides. The butter cookies and Morning Brew cup on the windowsill.

"It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest you do not to scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers across the continent."

"Not to mention dozens of airships. Seriously, you guys have such complicated designs and yet you haven't even been able to break the stratosphere?"

"I'm...just being cautious."

"As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best huntsman and huntresses we can."

Despite my little comment and interruption, the conversation continued on as Ironwood took a few steps back. I want to equate it to me standing like a doberman ready to sick someone but, I too felt a small hint of frustration from Ozpin. Admittedly so, Ozzy has a point. Don't want to spark panic? Don't move an entire fleet two continents over to what is supposed to be a friendly festival that includes eventful fights. Last I touched up on Remnant's history, the kingdoms were in a huge war some time ago. My best bet is that sentiments of who won are still around. Although, I put my money on Vale. Ironwood soon turned to leave as his tone now sounded far more softer and almost fearful.

"Believe me...I am. But...ask yourself this. Do you honestly think your children can win a war?"

...My mind went back to how my fate all started. Being sold off to the IMC Recruiters. Looking at Ozpin, he seemed to wear a more frustrated and solemn expression as Ironwood left via the elevator.

"I hope they never have to...Now to you, Mister Pilot."

Turning to look up at me, he wore a more relaxed look as he even gave me a small smile. Walking back over to my rightful spot known as Le Sill de Window, I plopped myself onto it as I took a much need sip of the Morning Brew. This seemed to amuse Ozpin as he chuckled somewhat.

"I hope you are enjoying that mug."

"Bit more than I thought I would."

"Glad to hear, Mister (L/N). I wanted you to just witness who I presented you to. For I have a nagging suspicion there will be more...'tussles' similar to that of the one at the docks."

"Yeah...me too. This Ironwood guy, will he help bring it to my attention? Or will he try to be a hero and take the win for himself?"

I internally cringed a bit at the fact I unintentionally referenced Blisk...I wonder if he...No. He isn't like the others. Part of me just hopes that Cooper guy and BT made their deaths quick...Some of them didn't deserve to die but, on the field? Its either you or them. Wouldn't be the first time I put down some pilots threatening me with useless quips...

"Hm. I hope not for you are what will decide what is to come. That is all. You may return to your tasks beforehand."

Giving him a nod, I sipped down the rest of the mug before planting the thing down on his table. Hopping onto the window, I simultaneously fastened my helmet before I heard Ozpin clear his throat as I turned around to him grinning softly at me.

"We have an elevator."

"And I have a jump-kit, Ozzy. I fail to see your point."

Grinning under my helmet, Ozpin would only chuckle and shake his head as I leapt forward out the window.

~ Third Person~

The pilot had just returned from his trip to Vale for he still craved that pizza slice he had originally intended to get. And to say that the mission was a success, would be an understatement given the fact he had one slice with him at the moment for he took it on the go...next to the other three he ate at the shop and another one he had earlier. The shopkeeper, an old man who he swore looked familiar to another shopkeep, was more than delighted that he return if he ever so desired. Now walking through the halls of the academic wing of the academy, he held that pizza slice folded in half as he took a bite into it.

"Mm. Athena? Remind me to go for two jogs tomorrow morning."

"AFFIRMATIVE. I URGE YOU NOT TO MAKE THIS A BAD HABIT, PILOT. WE MUST NOT JEOPARDIZE THE MISSION AT HAND BY GAINING UNHEALTHY EATING HABITS."

"I kno———ow! But they reminded me so much of that pizza place near the bar back in Angel City."

He tried to persuade his titan over the communication system that his actions were justifiable yet, very much so wrong. Dreaming of Angel City, he couldn't help but smile upon the fond memories there. However, he was soon ripped out of his daydreaming when he heard Ruby scream out;

"No——————o! My fearless soldiers!"

"The hell!? Athena get Ozpin on the line! I knew that glove of his was too tight! Hang in there, Rose! I'm coming-!"

Holding the pizza in his left hand and his B3 Wingman in the right, (Y/N) burst into the library only to be met with looks from numerous students, as well as an angry librarian, alongside Team RWBY and JNPR. Although Nora seemed to have been sleeping given the lost look in her eyes and the puddle of drool below her chin. Meanwhile, Team RWBY, more like Yang and Ruby, were playing a board game whilst Blake with Weiss stared at their cards with confused looks. Suddenly, Yang snatched two cards from Ruby's hand as the younger of the two then sulked forward with a stream, almost literally, of tears on her face. Her upper half slouching over the table in defeat as she let out a whine.

"Uhm...What's up man?"

"I thought Ruby was being attacked. Guess I was right."

Jaune chimed in due to the fact the pilot still stood at the door with high caliber revolver in one hand a pizza in the other. Putting the former away by thigh holster, the pilot took the pizza and walked over to JNPR as Yang explained to Weiss how she could win, at the dismay and whines of Ruby, but, at the price of making an enemy. Something that caused the heiress to laugh evilly upon as the Pilot pulled a chair next to Jaune. Sitting down with the back of the seat pointing at the table before Jaune and (Y/N) shared a pleasant fist-bump. For the rest of _NPR, well _PR given Nora was asleep again...somehow, he gave them a nice wave to which Pyrrha said her classical kind "hello~" as Ren nodded with a kind smile.

"Yes! Fear the power of my almighty forces! Cower as they pillage your homes and weep while they take your children from your arms-!"

"Trap card."

"Never trust a blonde in battle...Unless its Jaune. Then you may rest easy knowing you'll drop the second you peak up."

"H-Hey!"

Being given a playful punch on the shoulder by Jaune, the pilot would chuckle as he witnessed Yang's keikaku go accordingly. Causing Ruby to leap into the now crying Weiss's arms as she pled with her to stay strong. What he didn't expect was for Weiss to hug Ruby despite her protest to not touch her. Making the pilot chuckle yet again at their shenanigans. However, now that left Yang and Blake as the latter was still confused to what was occurring yet, (Y/N) caught how she was staring off into space beforehand. A look he shared not too long ago...

"Oh uhm...Sorry...what am I doing?"

"You're playing as Vale-!"

Just then, (Y/N) watched as Jaune gained a look of confidence that made him cock an eyebrow before witnessing the blonde stand up from the table. Approaching Team RWBY's table, the Pilot was expecting Pyrrha to spectate what Jaune was up to. However, the comic book in her hands proved too much for her to look away from for a second. Meanwhile, Ruby and Weiss had made a quick recovering from their post-battle depression whilst Yang gave Blake a quick plot review of the game.

"H-Hey! Can I play?"

"Oi, Knight in Not-So-Shining Armor? Where the confidence go?"

"Sorry, Jaune. But we already got four people..."

"Besides, this game requires you to have a certain level of tactical cunning that I seriously doubt you possess."

Unlike the red haired rose girl, the heiress was much like her gaze towards the boy. Cold and disheartening. Yet, Yang made it known that Weiss was possibly no better than him. If not, worse.

"You attacked your own naval fleet two turns ago."

"Hah! Hah-hah!"

Weiss would let out a pouty growl towards her well-endowed blonde teammate and the Pilot back-seating the conversation. Jaune's confidence would arise back as he cockily placed a hand on his hip whilst (Y/N) finally finished his pizza slice. A run was definitely going to be needed after this. Walking up to the group's table, he wafted his hands against one another.

"Bring it on, Ice Queen! I'll have you know I've been told I'm a natural born leader!"

"By who? Your mother?"

"A-And Pyrrha!"

"Hello—o again~!"

Pyrrha would finally look away from the book to greet everyone at the mention of her name which, didn't really help Jaune out at all. Although, the otherworldly wingman of a Pilot named (Y/N) was definitely a welcome interjection.

"Come on, Weiss Cream-!"

"H-Hey!"

"Y'all too harsh on the guy! Don't your remember the Forever Fall trip?"

The Pilot was rewarded by a toothy smile from Jaune that sang every single form of thank you known to mankind. A message he instantly understood as he replied with a thumbs up that was accompanied by a toothy grin, that was obviously not visible through the visor of the helmet. Despite the actual evidence he brought though, no one was truly convinced as the blonde knight then leaned forward with his hands cupped together to beg.

"Come o—on! Let me play your hand for a turn!"

"I'm not letting you handle the good citizens of Vacuo!"

"You mean the same citizens your beowolves turned on because you forgot to feed them?"

Weiss would then shoot a glare towards (Y/N) as Yang and Ruby let out a set of snickering. Although Weiss couldn't see it, she could definitely feel the fact he was grinning underneath the helmet of his.

"Why not!? You guys have trusted me with way more important stuff like how Blake is secretly a faun-!"

"Fun loving person! Whom we all admire and RESPECT."

"Christ alive! Did you touch my STIM vials!?"

With a yelp, the pilot jumped back as Pyrrha had ran up and covered Jaune's mouth. Hearing a set of giggling, I turned to see Weiss with a grin as he then rolled his eyes as everyone turned to Blake to see her reaction. And it was about as much as one would expect since she was glaring directly at Jaune as he let out a sheepish chuckle.

"Right...that. Ladies? Enjoy your battle."

Bowing to the table, Jaune soon left with Pyrrha as (Y/N) was left shaking his head from side to side with a hand on his helmet's forehead. However, there soon came a familiar figure holding a peace sign.

"Sup' losers?"

"Hey, Sun."

Ruby greeted plainly yet, respectfully as a blue hair boy wearing a jacket strolled on up to the table as well. A blue haired boy that the Pilot recognized from the dread Great Food War of a day or so ago.

"Ruby. Yang. Blake. Atlas Dude. Ice Queen."

"That's a relatively new one.."

"Why does everybody keep calling me that!?"

"I prefer Weiss Cream. Smooth and rolls off the tongue. Not to mention, its a pun! So it definitely gets a better rise outta her."

The pilot said plainly as if he wasn't standing right next to the Ice Queen herself as she turned and growled up at him. Although, unlike the other times, this growl was a tad more on the...annoyed side rather than their cheeky banter the two have. Something the Pilot instantly noted as he turned to look up at the group but, kept his eyes looking at the corner where Weiss was.

"I never had the chance to formally introduce you guys to my old friend."

"Aren't libraries for reading-?"

"THANK YOU!"

"Pancakes!"

"Shut up. Don't be a nerd..."

The blue haired boy swiftly brought a finger up and let out a set of rapid "eh! Guh guh"s as Sun looked at him with a raised eyebrow. Although, the Pilot caught something that made him both shocked and, unexplainably, feel a small tinge in his chest that made him run a hand over his chest as if to sooth it. The thing he saw was Weiss's face being full of intrigue and a bit of attraction.

"Intellectual. Okay? Thank you. I'm Neptune."

"So, Neptune~? Where are you from~?"

"Haven. And I don't believe I caught your name, Snow Angel~"

"Uhm. I'm Weiss..."

"Oh come on!"

~First Person~

Agreed, Jaune. I don't know why though...Feeling that same sting in my chest again, I naturally tuned out everything out as I rubbed it yet again. I don't think I'm hurt anymore. I recovered from those massive bruises a week or so ago. And Professor Peach dust therapy lessons and treatments are actually paying off. Unconsciously, though, I found myself heading for the door of the library. Yet, the person to both notice and comment on me leaving was Yang.

"Hey! Where ya going?"

"Imma...check up on Athena. She was calibrating last time I checked."

"PILOT, PRIMARY CALIBRATION WAS COMPLETE TWO HOURS AGO. SECONDARY CALIBRATIONS ARE AWAITING AUTHORIZATION."

Convenient. Looking at Weiss though, her and Neptune were still busy talking to one another before Sun addressed me. He had this sort of twinkle in his eyes as he addressed-

"Oh wait! Do you have that giant robot around!?"

"No. She's at the...shop..."

Come to think of it, I do have a few things to do. So, bidding my farewell to all, I left in a rather...sour kind of mood. Not pissed but, something irked me about the situation for some reason. Maybe I am hurt? I'll see right now...

"Athena? Calibrate Pilot Field Diagnostic System for my arrival."

"AFFIRMATIVE, PILOT. ARE YOU FEELING OKAY? READING SHOW YOU ARE DISTRESSED."

"Don't know..."

"SCAN COMPLETE. PILOT, YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO KNOW YOU ARE NOT IN NEED OF PHYSICAL AID."

Athena's cabin would stop shining green as if she was linking with me but, it was the PFDS. A little system that helps us address wounds on the field but, it came up empty like Athena said. Her chassis hatch would open forward as I soon climbed out softly. Landing on the nice grass underneath Athena's chassis and the grass below my room's window, the same grass that held an assortment of metal scrap pieces as well as the remains of the partially destroyed Ronin chassis...Yeah. This place needs a clean up...

"PILOT?"

"Yes, Athena?"

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT, PILOT? BRAIN WAVE PATTERNS AND BLOOD PRESSURE LEVELS SHOW YOU ARE STILL IN DISTRESS."

Of course. With a low groan and a pop of my helmet, I clipped it onto my side as I then went to pick up my mess a bit. I plan on scrapping as much as I can aside from the repair jobs that I needed for Athena but, I need the organizing aid of containers or even just a few signs. Still, I picked up the small bits into my hands and the larger pieces, I shoved with my foot to be a bit more separate. Hell, even Athena joined in as she moved the bigger body of the Ronin chassis to the side.

"Yeah. Just thinking about some stuff."

"...DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MISS SCHNEE?"

"...How did you-?"

"I PATCHED INTO YOUR HELMET'S CAMERA WHEN I SAW YOUR LEVELS RISE DESPITE NO AUDIBLE INQUIRIES. FORGIVE ME IF I OVERSTEPPED MY BOUNDARIES, PILOT."

Sigh. Rubbing my forehead softly, I then chuckled out as I walked up to her chassis hatch and patted it softly as Athena's eye focused on me. I can tell she appreciated the gesture because set of duel antennas would perk up. Making me smile knowing that I at least eased her a bit despite her "overstep."

"Like I said, girls are temporary. A pilot and their titan is eternal."

"INDEED, PILOT. I RECALL YOU TELLING ME THAT."

"Besides! We have a mess to clean here...Can you send Ozpin a message to see if he has a free shipping container-?"

Suddenly, a thought popped up into my head as I remembered a conversation I had with a Militia rifleman. I remember so vividly of how it was after the MCS James MacAllan  had crashed and myself along with some grunts as well as other personnel, had made a small encampment. Injured were underneath a piece of debris that had been reprocess with the help of that same engineer and Athena's strength as a 40-tonne death machine. Hell, we even had a nice little shack  to help shield us from the rain.

"Yeah. My old man and I lived in a shipping container we suited up nicely. It was pretty self-sustainable. Not to mention, you could add to it if ya wanted."

"Oi, Athena? Make that SEVERAL shipping containers."

"AFFIRMATIVE, PILOT."

I gained a grin on my face as I then held a thumbs up to Athena before she held up her own right away without a missed beat.

A while had and luckily, as well as thankfully, Ozpin had the shipping containers I oh so needed. Especially since some of them were from the same dock Penny and I carved up...Yeah. I bet that was a pretty awkward conversation...Still didn't stop me from turning some regular old shipping containers into what was the most badass set of storage hut on this planet. This hunt was one storage container by four with all of them connected via arc wielding provided by my BFG. Big Friendly Giant. And with that Ronin chassis setup now available to her? Let's say combat efficiency was now a subclass. The interior of the hut was pretty rustic all puns aside, even though Yang would have loved that one. It was just open space on one side of the hunt for large pieces while a midway path and wall-mounted shelves were located on the other. The shelves were for the smaller pieces like wires, screws and bolts as well as some LEDs.

By the time all this was finished, night time had fallen on the academy as I stood outside the hut with Athena. Looking at the structure with a sense of pride and inspiration as some ideas for this little thing began to pop up into my head. Athena would scan the hut and tilt her singular eye's mount piece that doubled as a SERE kit. Like I'll ever use that thing.

"PILOT, WE DID GOOD. IF MORE UPDATES WERE TO BE MADE ON THE STORAGE HUT, I ESTIMATE OUR COMBAT EFFICIENCY WILL RISE AS WELL."

"That sounds like a good idea, Athena. That sounds fan-fucking-tastic. High Five!"

Sticking my hand out in front of Athena's chassis, she would bring up her giant metal hand and lightly, as much as possible for a 40-tonne death machine, connected it with mine. Making me gain a small smile as I felt Athena did the same. Don't ask how. I just know.

"Get to calibrating more on that Ronin systems. I want us to be in tip top shape."

However, there soon came a knock at my door as we both looked up before Athena brought her hand down. Laying it on the ground, I hopped right onto it as she then lifted me up to my window sill before I hopped right on into my room as Athena put herself in the default Titan-land pose. Her little blue eye would spin, expand, shrink and over all just do a lot of movements as if downloading something. Walking up to my door, I stopped right before I was about to open it yet, I shook my head. Opening the door up, Yang stood there with her scroll out as she then lifted it up to her ear.

"Come on...pick up-"

"Pick what up?"

With a loud yelp, she jumped a bit before looking at me with wide eyes that then turned into a small scowl. However, she was interrupted by my scroll going off in the background as I decided to mess with her.

"One second. Hello?"

I would then pull out my scroll and answer her own call with a grin. The both of us would laugh softly as we simultaneously hung up before calming down. Looking up at Yang once more, she had a bit of a concerned expression since her face was soft. Making me tilt my head to the side as I leaned against my door frame.

"Is something up?"

"It's you that's up. You left pretty much all of a sudden. You missed all the fun! You should have seen how that new guy kicked our butts in Remnant: The Game!"

"Ah. Right. The new guy..."

Just thinking about him made me feel something similar to disgust but, on a much smaller scale. Remembering him and Weiss get all buddy buddy right away made me feel that same sting in my chest again for no reason. Guess the right word is...no. No. No. For Yang, though, I think it was the wrong thing to say as she tilted her head before giggling. I have to say, when she isn't trying to desperately flirt, she can be quite a stand-up type of chick.

"Look, I'm sorry if I worried you all. I'm just a bit busy with my mind racing everywhere. From the possible existence of more IMC on this planet, to the fact I'm a single pilot. It's a lot."

"Hm. True but, like you just said. You're a pilot! And judging from initiation, the beat down you gave CRDL AND the stories I hear Ruby talk about is more than enough evidence!"

"Wait...Ruby talks about 'that' night...?"

"Oh yeah! She says how you were so cool taking on that uhm...Ronin Titan. From being alone and holding your own, to you meeting up with Athena to kick butt!"

I would watch Yang imitate, who I knew for fact was supposed to be, Ruby and her over the top karate..."skills." Making me chuckle softly imagining Ruby actually speak about it. Huh...Hearing Ruby actually quite enjoyed the show was a bit relieving and motivating. Her innocence may be gone but, knowing the girl is still very much there, I knew it was now least of my issues. Not to mention, Yang was rooting me on too so, I feel like I can take on the world now.

"Thanks. Means a lot, Yellow Dragon."

"Yeah! Don't mention it! But I was thinking something along with the others...Blake has been acting a bit more...'secluded' since that night. And as much as I want to believe its due to the Sun guy-"

"Sorry. Can't help ya there. She's still pissed at me for defending myself so, even if I could, I can't..."

"INDEED. THE SITUATION AT THE MOMENT IS ADMITTEDLY DIFFICULT GIVEN OUR LACK OF COMMUNICATIONAL ABILITIES."

With that sudden thought coming to mind, I knew for a fact the others would plan some sort of hi-jinx including overthrowing a rampant extremist group. One Blake was probably fond of in every aspect. Seeing this as an opportunity to hopefully get a straight answer, I would lean off my door frame and step out into the hallway with a perplexed Yang looking at me as I began to walk down the hall.

"Hey! Where ya going!?"

"Team Counseling!"

~Third Person~

The yellow dragon would blink for a bit before finally realizing what he meant as she then gained a large smile upon her face. She couldn't help but jog up to him as her mind noticed just how human he was despite the fact he was military trained from a young age, suffered loss, hardship and became a killing machine in. His thoughts were definitely one to be worried about yet, with newly found motivation to find out the truth, he now had a new objective. Find the IMC if they were on this planet.

It wasn't long when they came to an intersection near Team RWBY's dorm where Ruby and Weiss stood. The both of whom would look at the pilot walking alongside Yang with a set of smiles that were relieved. Most of all was Ruby since she then turned into rose petals with the help of her semblance before suddenly appearing in front of the young pilot. Causing him to yelp out and step back as he was met with the face of a very happy rose.

"You're here! I got worried that you left! But seeing you here definitely makes me realize you're okay!"

"Well, far from okay if I'm to be honest."

This made Ruby gain a frown that made the pilot's heart sink as Weiss soon stepped up with a cocked eyebrow and cross of her arms. Seeing the heiress, his eyes soon darted back to Ruby. Wanting to reassure his precious rose friend, he chuckled under the helmet of his and put a hand up to wave away her worry.

"I'll tell you more about that inside. Yang filled me in on the 'blake' atmosphere around kitty."

His small pun earned him a mix of reactions with Yang being a proud singular laugh whilst her sister was less than amused. Letting out a deep and audible groan as her partner, Weiss, shook her head with a scoff. The group of four would begin their small journey as the pilot thought about the new guy, Neptune, and Weiss...But more so as the new guy himself since Yang brought up how he defeated them at their own game. Approaching the door of the dorm, the male of them would speak.

"So, petition to never let the new guy play Remnant?"

"Ugh! We should have never let him play!"

"Hah! You're just mad the new guy beat you! See, if you had just attacked when I told you, none of this would have happened!"

"I bet I could beat you all. I am a master tactician after all. Pilot and all."

His comment, supported by a smug grin under his helmet, would gain a set of growls from the two sisters as they entered Team RWBY's dorm. Weiss was first to enter as she stood in the center of the room as the other three stepped off to the side. Meanwhile, Blake would hear the commotion and hop down from her bed after being in deep thought as she made a straight line for the door. However, the moment her hand reached for the door knob, Weiss would call her out.

"Stop. Lately, you have been quiet, anti-social and moody."

"Uh. Have you met Blake?"

"Last time you went on your own, I took on a giant robot on my own. New petition! We hold down Blake and put a chip behind her neck!"

Blake would give the young pilot a glare as he snickered under his helmet before Yang gave a soft punch to his shoulder. However, the glare was also directed towards Weiss.

"Which I get is 'sort of your thing' but, you've been doing it more than usual. Which, quite frankly, is unacceptable."

Weiss stuck her hands up into air-quotes but, her tone became a bit more serious as the team and Pilot promptly remembered the fateful night. The one where a dock and a set of warehouses were nearly totaled. Not to mention, the night where Blake's unrestrained "vigilantism" led to them having to face an evil ginger pimp known as Torchwick, numerous White Fang grunts and a Ronin class Titan that nearly killed (Y/N) had it not been for Athena's timing.

"You made a promise to ME. To all of us...! Well minus (Y/N) because of what he did but, regardless, he is grouped with us now-!"

"Huh...well I'll be. I guess there really is a god on this floating hell named Remnant. Weiss cares!"

(Y/N)'s comedic giddiness as he pointed a finger up as if pointing to the sky to thank whatever deity he spoke of. Still, Weiss continued.

"That you would let us know if something was wrong!"

Suddenly, the heiress would lurch forward as a comical set of spinning ice glyphs appeared in the air around her. Causing everyone to just watch on.

"So, Blake Belladonna,-!"

Launching into the air with a spin, Weiss would land upon a chair as she even balanced herself on it whilst pointing at Blake to the point everyone was taken aback. Even the Pilot stared on in a sense of shock before he took his helmet off. Exhaling some breath onto the visor's front, he would then rub it with his forearm before putting on his helmet again.

"Ah. Okay. Glad to know I wasn't hallucinating. Although I wish I was since now my fight or flight response is kicking in!"

"-what is wrong!?"

Finally, the Ice Queen would notice her outburst and nigh olympic level gymnastics as she then quickly appeared at a desk close by. Sliding the chair into the spot before zooming back over to her original spot as if nothing occurred. Even sheepishly tip-toeing...

"I just...I don't understand how everyone can be so calm..."

"You're still talking about Torchwick...?"

"Ah yes. The return of the Pimp...with a vengeance..."

Blake's tone was far from what anyone truly expected since she was worried and defeated in one. Ruby, being the good leader, knew why as the Pilot growled out the nickname of his hated nemesis. He said to himself as the growl was caused by him remembering Torchwick's grin and laugh.

"Torchwick! The White Fang! All of it! Something big is happening and nobody is doing anything about it!"

"Ozpin told us not to worry! Between the police and the huntsmen, I'm sure they could handle it!"
"Well I'm not! They don't know the White Fang like I do!"

"I'm with Kitty on this one...If that were the case, we wouldn't be standing here right now..."

(Y/N)'s comment made the group go into thought as he actually sided with Blake on this one whilst walking over to her side. The faunus was surprised by this as she then gained a very faint smile knowing, despite their moral differences, he sided with her. The remaining trio would look at one another as the situation began to sink in upon them realizing it must be far worse given the fact (Y/N) was siding with Blake. Finally, Weiss decided to speak up.

"Okay, between blowing up nightclubs, stopping thieves and fighting for freedom, I'm sure the four of you think you're all ready to go out and apprehend these ne'er-do-wells-"

"Uh, who?"

"Bad guys, Ruby. Bad guys."

"-but! Let me once again be the voice of reason! We're students. We're not ready to handle this sort of situation!"

The heiress had a point. Despite the Pilot's skill in combat, that goes for all of them really, there was still a lack of knowing what the enemy was. Especially in a world where each semblance is different and each person is built different, the situation was far from their grasp. Despite this, Ruby tried to speak up-

"Well, yeah but-"

"We're not ready!"

Emphasis on tried as Weiss cut her off. Blake, finally having reached her boiling point, would yell out.

"And we may never be ready! Our enemies aren't just going to sit around and wait for graduation day! They're out there, somewhere, planning their next move! And none of us know what it is-but its coming! Whether we're ready or not!"

"The IMC never used to be so bold and intimidating. They used to be just some mining corporation with mercenaries for guard. Then they suddenly just-POOF! Frontier enemy number one! These pricks are like that."

Blake's outburst of emotions was definitely understandable but, (Y/N)'s history on the IMC made the team think more. Torchwick had the White Fang on his side. Who is to say he doesn't have the IMC? Assuming they are on Remnant. After a moment of silence, Ruby decided to speak up as a leader and politician.

"Okay...All in favor of becoming the youngest huntresses and Pilot to single handedly take down a corrupt organization conspiring against the kingdom of Vale...! Say aye."

After a small flashy set of moves from Ruby with her capturing their young beauty, the Pilot's karate moving by her own set of silly karate moves, followed by something described as "Evil Ruby" before ending a smug cross arms. Finally, Yang would pump her fist with a cheer and point

"Yes! I love it when you're feisty!"

"Well, I suppose it could be fun..."

"I've been itching for a fight. Goodwitch likes to survey me twenty-four seven...and now I have the thought of her listening in on us as a reminder of paranoia..."

"Nobody said aye..."

Despite Ruby's clear giddiness to hear someone say aye, not a single yes was heard. Causing her to get pouty and saddened. With everyone on the same page, a smile came to Blake.

"Alright then, we're in this together."

"Yep. With that out the way-?"

(Y/N) would waft his hand in Ruby's direction since he knew she was giddy as ever to lead the team onward. And lead the team she did as she then whipped around and threw her hands up into the air as if she was about to scheme up the best plan in human history. Period.

"Let's hatch a plan!"

"Yeah!"

However...Ruby's face soon turned into a deeply concerned frown as she gasped out. Making the group look at her with equal concern.

"I left my board game at the library!"

"We're doomed..."

Ruby would then dash on out the room as Weiss rubbed her face with her hand, Yang looked at her sister with the ultimate "what just happened" questioning look to her face, Blake was plain wide eyed at how everything took a turn and the Pilot sighed out as he shook his head. Promptly following after the cute little red rose.

"Let's just...meet up here after classes tomorrow-"

He was cut off by a meaty thud that made him jump since he only heard that type of sound when two pilots, going at zooming speed, slammed into one another. So with a hop and kick of his foot, he dashed on out the room to be met with two students standing over Ruby who was on the floor. One student had dark skin with a pleasant contrast of short mint green hair that had two tails in front of her. She, and her friend, wore a uniform that the Pilot identified as a Haven Academy uniform given the the black almost Chinese silk coat inspired coat with a white undershirt exposed at the collar along with a white sash on the upper left arm with the academy's logo. She also had a plait black and white skirt with matching white high socks as well as black shoes. Her friend, a messy and spiky mercury silver haired boy, had the same outfit but he obviously wore black pants in place of the skirt. The Pilot was about to remove his B3 Wingman given how they loomed over Ruby, thinking they hurt her. Yet, he eased up when the girl extended a hand down to Ruby upon the rose asking if she hurt them. A hand that Ruby took and stood up.

"I'm Ruby. Are you new?"

"Visiting from Haven, actually."

The new voice came off as a surprise, due to the fact it sounded almost...sultry, as the Pilot approached the group in the hall as the newest students noticed him. This...student, seemed older than any student he's ever seen yet, she was still very beautiful given her fair skin and raven colored hair that was made to drape over to her left front side. Ruby must have had a bit of suspicion as the student stared at her, with her doing the same. But the student soon turned to the Pilot, who now stood next to Ruby. The best way he can describe this girl's eyes was a burning circle of embers that mirrored that of a Scorch Titan's heat shield. Suddenly, Ruby's giddy nature came back.

"Oh~! You're here for the festival! Oh! But exchange students have their own dormitory-"

"Say, you look a little bit older than the average student here..."

~First Person~

I knew exactly what I said. Not only did I mean it but, I also made sure to have a bit of fun by rolling the "older" in my sentence. As expected, everyone was shocked at my bluntness but, the raven haired fiery eyed beauty gave me a soft glare, as expected before she gave a pretty sultry smile.

"Something like that is a bit rude to say when some can't help how they look."

"Oi, I never said age was a bad thing, Ember eyes."

Despite the prominent flame in her eyes...which I swear was almost literal, I made sure to play her game as well. Making sure my tone of voice was a bit more flirtatious so she could feel good about it. And I guess it worked as her eyes, or eye given her bangs covered her left eye almost completely, widened. Yet, she gained a cheeky smile as I made sure to do the same given the fact she could probably tell I was doing it while the helmet covered my face.

"A cheeky one, aren't you, Mister Pilot~?"

"Yeah. Some say age before beauty but, I like to think there is beauty in age Miss...?"

"You may call me Cinder."

"Okay. Back to the dorm issue, I guess we got turned around."

The boy interjected as Cinder stepped forward so, I did the same before he spoke up. Naturally separating us from one another before Cinder shook her head softly. I swear she had a look of disappointment when she did that. I guess she wanted the game to go into..."overtime." However, I suddenly gained a notification on my HUD from Athena with the message;

<PILOT, CALIBRATION COMPLETE. AWAITING FURTHER AUTHORIZATION TO COMPLETE REMAINING CALIBRATIONS.>

"Oh don't worry! It happens all the time! Your building is ju—ust east of here!"

"Thanks. Guess we'll see you around. Especially you, Mister Pilot."

Oh damn~! Shiver! Haven't had one of those in a long time! Especially given the fact she passed right by me after her two friends did the same. Hell, she even ran a finger over my upper right arm. She's hot. But...

"Oh! And welcome to Beacon!"

Ruby waved happily and giddily to them as they left but, Athena's voice soon rang into my helmet's earpiece.

"PILOT, I AM DETECTING A CRUEL MISTRESS."

"Yeah...Me too, Athena. Me too...But I'll be damn if she ain't got heat to her~"

I said with a grin. This...should be interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 1.9K 40
(Y/n) was abandoned by his parents and picked on for being a Faunus and despite that he was extended an offer to attend beacon ... he knew he'd have...
40.5K 444 26
Jaune Arc bullied, tormented by the students of Beacon. All except for Ruby, Velvet, surprisingly Cardin and the Beacon staff. Life has been a living...
23.4K 763 35
A pilot with a dark past finally dies . Or does he ? Finding himself in a different dimension hes torn between past and present . But will his cold p...
20.8K 190 11
Titanfall X RWBY. What happens when a Pilot goes to remnant? Find out In Mechanical Predator 4/29/2019 - 5/27/2019 #2 in Titanfall. 7/20/2019 #1 in...