๐’๐„๐‚๐”๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐˜ - DIN DJARIN

By dindjarindiaries

โ๐ˆ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ.โž An ex-princess forced to hide and fight for her l... More

SEASON ONE
Chapter 1: The Mandalorian
Chapter 2: The Princess
Chapter 3: The Hunter
Chapter 4: The Soldier
Chapter 5: The Village
Chapter 6: Confliction
Chapter 7: The Attack
Chapter 8: The Ruin
Chapter 9: The Recovery
Chapter 10: The Hunt
Chapter 11: The Rookie
Chapter 12: The Job
Chapter 13: The Gang
Chapter 14: Domination
Chapter 15: The Scar
Chapter 16: The Magistrate
Chapter 17: The Confrontation
Chapter 18: The Plan
Chapter 19: The Culmination
Chapter 20: Salvation
Chapter 21: The Riduurok*
Ethereal (Interlude)
Nova (Interlude)
SEASON TWO
Chapter 22: The Return
Chapter 23: The Settlement
Chapter 24: The Ally
Chapter 25: The Dragon
Chapter 26: Desperation*
Chapter 27: The Crash
Chapter 28: The Cave
Chapter 29: The Boat
Chapter 30: Devastation
Chapter 31: The Mission
Chapter 32: The Layover
Chapter 33: The Revelation
Chapter 35: The Son
Chapter 36: The Promise
Chapter 37: The Loss
Chapter 38: Coercion
Chapter 39: The Sacrifice
Chapter 40: The Threat
Chapter 41: The Duel
Chapter 42: The Goodbye
Aftermath (Interlude)
Desolation (Interlude)
Miracle (Interlude)
SEASON 2.5 (TBOBF)
Chapter 43: The Wanderers
Chapter 44: The Way
Chapter 45: The Voyage
Chapter 46: The Starfighter
Chapter 47: The Disillusioned
Chapter 48: The Storm
Chapter 49: The Battle
Chapter 50: Reunion*
Bliss (Interlude)
Honor (Interlude)
SEASON THREE
Chapter 51: The Quest
Chapter 52: Restoration
Chapter 53: The Burden
Chapter 54: The Homeworld
Chapter 55: The Torment
Chapter 56: The Waters
Chapter 57: Redemption*
Chapter 58: The Armor
Chapter 59: The Lesson
Chapter 60: The Briefing
Chapter 61: The Siege
Chapter 62: The Droid Problem
Chapter 63: The Investigation
Chapter 64: The Darksaber
Chapter 65: The Unification
Chapter 66: The Surface
Chapter 67: The Capture
Chapter 68: The Pursuit
Chapter 69: Liberation
Chapter 70: The Apprentice
Chapter 71: Home*

Chapter 34: The Father

10K 371 761
By dindjarindiaries

chapter 34: the father •••

Din looks over at the little one fondly as Corvus comes into view. He's sitting on top of the controls, looking as content as ever to be up front. Din doesn't usually let him sit here anymore, but with the inevitable separation that's coming between himself and the one he's come to consider a son, he's been letting the baby stay as close as he can allow.

"I'm starting the landing cycle," Din tells the baby with a gentle yet matter-of-fact tone, clicking around the controls as he prepares the Crest to land. "You better get back in your seat."

Din keeps moving around the controls, but he can sense the baby's presence beside him, unmoving as he coos curiously at something he's seen. He frowns beneath his helmet, taking the time to look at the little one as he jerks his head back towards the seat behind him.

"Hey, what did I tell you?" Din scolds softly. "Back in your seat."

The baby coos rather sadly as he makes his way to his seat, though Din distracts himself by continuing to prepare the Crest for landing. He can't help smiling to himself underneath the helmet at the idea of the baby wanting to be close to him—though it's a bittersweet feeling. Din knows what's to come on Corvus and he wonders if the baby does, too. His son's always seemed to understand everything around him, especially as of late, in a way that amazes Din.

Din's noticed it lately when it comes to you. The thought of you in general makes Din smile as he eases the Crest down to the surface of Corvus. You're in the hull right now, making preparations for the trip that lies ahead. Ever since you left Nevarro, there's been a certain glow to you that Din hasn't seen before. The baby seems to notice it, too, as he sticks closer to your side than ever. He's often cooing happily at you even with nothing in particular prompting it.

This has caused Din's thoughts to go places he knows they shouldn't—to have hopeful thoughts of something you might have found out on Nevarro. He knows it's possible, but it's not likely, and so Din doesn't dare to get his hopes up. He knows you would tell him about something so important, too, unless you had a good reason not to. That's why Din keeps it as a mere daydream, an alternate reality he can think of in a galaxy where Moff Gideon didn't survive that crash and he could finally make a home for you, the child, and the rest of your future family.

He releases a sigh as he flies the Crest over the city of Calodan, soon finding sturdy ground on which to land the ship. The planet seems rather eerie even through the transparisteel of the cockpit. Din can see a greenish haze that's settled in the surrounding wood, the silhouette of a large creature in the distance warning him of possible trouble. He's cautious even within his ship as he rises from his seat, gesturing for the baby to follow as he heads down to where you are in the hull.

You turn around to face him and for a second, Din thinks you've knocked the air from his lungs just at the smile you give him. You've already gotten everything prepared for the trek ahead—the brown bag he'd been given by your friends on Sorgan to carry the baby, the pulse rifle loaded in your hands, a small bag of your own that's no doubt full of food and water in case you can't get back to the Crest for the night. Din looks at you and sees not just his wife, not just a fighter, not just a mother—but the co-leader of his clan. He knows the future of it is in good hands.

"Din?" your voice pulls Din from his trance, making him blink a few times behind his helmet as he takes another step towards you. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," Din assures you, taking the pulse rifle from your hands as he slings it over his shoulder. "I just..." Din pauses, using a gloved hand to gesture to you, "... you."

You laugh softly, raising an eyebrow as you press your hands upon his cuirass. "What did I do this time?"

Din shakes his helmet. "There are no words for it." He lifts a hand to raise his helmet just enough to kiss you, relishing in the feeling before he reluctantly pulls away. "We should head out."

"I think I got everything." You look around as you speak, also checking the bag that's slung across your body. "We should be good for a few days if something happens."

"It won't." Din's words come quick, with the usual amount of protectiveness he knows he radiates. He steps forward to lower the hatch, still waiting to place the baby in his bag as he surveys the area first. Din walks down the ramp, taking a look around and nodding to himself when he doesn't spot any immediate danger.

"Is the coast clear, riduur?" you question as you stand alongside him.

Din offers a nod. "Looks like it. Calodan's not too far away." Din turns around when he hears the tiny footsteps of his son, just to watch as he falls onto his bottom with his ears lowering in exhaustion. Din grimaces, recognizing the tiredness the baby usually feels after using his powers—and then seeing the baby looking intently at the silver sphere in his tiny hand, one that he must've acquired while Din was landing. "What did I say about that?" Din sighs in a soft yet firm manner, bending down to take the sphere in his gloved fingers. "This needs to stay in the ship."

The baby whines, his eyes begging for forgiveness as Din tucks the sphere into the pouch on his belt. He looks back out at the landscape when you speak up again. "Not much to see out here," you comment, and Din watches as your gaze scans the area.

"I've never had dealings with a Jedi before." Din turns back to the baby who's since gotten up and has reached out to him with his arms outstretched. He bends down to pick him up and settle him into the satchel slung across his body. "I didn't think that... this would be their ideal place of living."

"I was young when my parents met with the Jedi during the Clone Wars," you tell him, looking at the baby who coos from the satchel. "I don't remember much of it."

Din sighs, looking to the path ahead. "Well, we should head into town and see if we can pick up a lead."

You nod, walking by his side as you leave the Crest behind. Since he's unfamiliar with the people here, Din doesn't take your hand for fear that such a sign of affection could be used against you. The urge is hard to resist as the three of you push ahead, his desire to cure the tension he can see in your shoulders rising the closer you get to the walls of Calodan.

They come into view after a mile's walk, with Din being the one who steps forward as he faces the three guards who stand on the top of the gates. The one in the middle—the only one who shows their face—becomes the one to address him. Din makes sure to keep the baby covered by his cape as the guard calls out to him.

"State your business," he demands.

"Been tracking for a few days," Din answers simply, raising his voice to be heard. "We're looking for a layover."

Din can feel your gaze land on him, pleasantly surprised at his ability to stretch the truth. He nearly chuckles to himself as the guard speaks again. "Nice armor." Din doesn't respond, instead lowering his helmet a bit as his fingers flutter at his sides. The guard continues. "You a hunter, then?"

Din raises his helmet again and offers a nod. "That's right."

The guard furrows his brow. "Guild?"

Din shifts his weight. "Last I checked."

He gestures with his head to you. "And who are you?"

There's a cold chill that runs down his spine, but Din chooses to ignore it as you answer with a strong and confident voice. "His partner."

The guard gives Din an unimpressed look. "You need a partner?"

Din tightens his fists at his sides, forcing away his anger at the guard underestimating the importance of your strength. "Keeps the work from getting sloppy."

The guard exchanges words with the man on his right. He seems satisfied enough as he nods, turning back to face you and Din. "Open the gate."

The gates start to open, and Din keeps you close to his side as you walk in together. He can sense the unease rolling off of you in waves, causing him to grimace. Din lets the baby take his gloved hand in his little claws to keep him from grabbing your hand, as he knows his own self control wouldn't allow it. When the gates close behind you, Din feels eerily trapped inside—but he hopes you know he'll knock down those gates himself if that's what it takes to get the three of you out of here.

Once you're walking further into the city, Din only feels more uneasy. The people who walk by keep their heads down, some even running so as to make it past the two of you more quickly. There are a few vendors who line the streets, though they also keep their gazes averted, their heads covered by torn fabric as they silently tend to their tables.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," you murmur to Din, making him grunt with agreement as he dares to confront one vendor to his right.

"Pardon me, vendor," Din greets, keeping his voice gentle as he approaches. "Have you heard of anyone..."

Din trails off when the vendor turns and leaves without a single word, a sigh falling from his modulator as he looks over at you. The two of you share a concerned glance, his helmet tilting to the side as he frowns to himself. A sudden noise from a nearby alley catches Din's attention, and when he turns to look, he sees an older man distributing food to two children. Deciding he's trustworthy, Din starts to walk towards him, sensing you close behind him as he does so.

"You there," Din calls for him, continuing despite the fact the man doesn't look his way, "we need some information." Finally, the man and the two children look over at him, their expressions nearly horrified. "We're looking for someone." Din tightens his fist with concern, listening as even the baby coos in a worried manner.

The man turns back to the children, addressing them before he turns to Din. The children run away as he speaks. "Please, do not speak to them, or to any of us," the man pleads, creating a pit in Din's stomach. He can feel you shift between your feet nervously behind him, and this time he doesn't deny himself the luxury of finding your fingertips and brushing them along his for comfort.

"Look, we just need to know—," Din starts, but gets cut off the voice of a guard behind the two of you.

"The Magistrate wants to see you," they say, their voice leaving no room for argument. You and Din both turn slowly to face him, your fingers regretfully returning to your sides as you try to hide as much as you can about your relationship. The tension's nearly choking as Din turns back towards the villager, seeing his gaze cast down at the ground before he reluctantly walks in the guards' direction. You follow, never separating from Din's side as he lets the guards lead him to the gates at the opposite end of the city.

Din keeps his gaze straight ahead to avoid making him feel more sick than he already does—but the sounds of electric shocks and a man weeping makes him stop and look to the side. "Help us," the man pleads, just before he's shocked again. He cries out in pain, making Din clench his jaw as he faces the gates again. His hands turn into fists yet again at his sides, especially when he hears a female voice next.

"She'll kill us all!" the woman exclaims with desperation.

"I don't like this, Din," you whisper to him, your voice tight with the same amount of concern that's practically rotting him to his core.

"We'll keep it quick," Din assures you as the guards open the gates. "We'll just be in and out once we get the information. Promise."

Din can feel you press closer to his side as you look ahead, walking with him to the next gate that awaits you. You both remain still as the gates behind you close, a breath being held between the two of you as the ones ahead of you swing open.

They reveal a sight that's much more peaceful than the one you've just walked through. There's a wooden walkway that splits two ponds of water, surrounded by beautiful plants that make the whole place feel serene. There's a guard who stands at the door of the circular palace, where a woman stands and studies one of the plants. Din takes only a step forward as he observes the place, wondering how someone can live in such peace with all the terror that lives just beyond the gates.

"Come forward," the Magistrate calls. Din looks to her, holding back a sigh before he obliges. You follow at his side, and Din's glad to have you close as he stops again after just a few steps. "You are a Mandalorian?"

Din heaves out a breath, hoping he's kept his annoyance to himself. "Yes."

She doesn't look away from where she's now feeding whatever creatures swim in the water as she speaks again. "And you're his..." she pauses, taking a quick glance at you before returning to her feeding, "prize?"

"My partner," Din corrects, not failing to reveal his aggression as he defends your honor. The word "wife" would've easily rolled off his lips should he not be wary of with whom he's speaking.

The Magistrate hums with feigned interest. "Well, Mandalorian, I have a proposition that may interest you."

Din flexes his fingers at his side, very aware of your close presence beside him as he averts his gaze from the Magistrate. "Our price is high."

The Magistrate finally turns to face you and Din, taking a few steps closer to you. "This target is priceless." She gives you both a serious glance before continuing. "A Jedi plagues me." Din's heart starts to drum harder in his chest at the mention of the very person he's been looking for. "I want you to kill her."

Din lowers his helmet. "That's a difficult task."

"One that you are well-suited for. The Jedi are the ancient enemy of Mandalore."

"As I said, our price is high." Din's sick of the back-and-forth, instead seeking to gain information on the Jedi for the sake of the baby who's hiding within his cape. He watches as the guard steps forward to hand something to the Magistrate, his helmet nearly tilting in curiosity as he makes out some sort of spear.

The Magistrate starts to walk forward with the spear extended towards Din, making his hand brush over his holster as she comes closer. "What do you make of this?" She stops and flips the spear in her hands so that the head faces away from the two of you, and then she sets it in her open hands for Din to take.

He hesitates, sharing a glance with you before he steps forward to take it. You stay where you are, just as Din wanted you to. When Din gets to the Magistrate, he holds his hands out for her to place the spear into them, accepting it with caution as he holds the metal gingerly. Din takes a step back and flips the spear over in his gloved hands, testing the texture and the weight as he observes it closely. The metal looks all too familiar, and that's what leads him to hit it against his vambrace, being met with the ringing sound that only beskar against beskar can make. "Beskar," Din breathes, once again holding the spear delicately.

"Pure beskar," the Magistrate confirms, "like your armor. Kill the Jedi and it's yours."

Din holds in a sigh, looking at the spear as he hears the baby coo worriedly and quietly underneath his cape. He then takes a glance back at you, meeting your gaze that's full of concern as he gives you a reassuring nod. With a plan already in mind, Din steps forward and hands the spear back to the Magistrate. "Where do I find this Jedi?" he questions, determined to get his information—without confirming whether or not he'll take the job.

Still, the Magistrate smiles as if she's already won, soon giving Din the coordinates of the Jedi's last known location. As soon as he has what you both need, he leads the way out, keeping you close as the Magistrate's main guard soon escorts you both to the main gates. The guard tries to speak to Din as the gates open, but Din urges you all forward, insistent upon getting as far away from that city as possible. Once he knows you're out of earshot, Din hears you speak, your voice wavering a bit in your worry. "Din, I don't like this at all," you confess, earning his gaze as he looks over at you through his visor. "Did you see the people in that city? They're being oppressed! And we're helping this Magistrate?"

"We're doing no such thing," Din assures you, taking your hand within the safety of the surrounding wood. "I didn't formally take the job. As far as the Guild code goes, I'm just out here on my own."

Your gaze flashes with relief, though you still give his hand a squeeze. "We can't just let those people suffer, Din."

He sighs. "I know, rid'ika. I... don't like to see that, either." He pauses as he ducks under a branch, urging you to do the same. "But we have to make the child our priority right now. That's what we were quested to do."

"I know." Din doesn't miss the remorse in your voice, your desire to do everything you can for those who can't defend themselves evident. He admires it more than you know, but he can't allow it to prevail right now, so he keeps the thought to himself. "I really wanted to talk some sense into that Magistrate, though."

Din bites back a smile underneath his helmet. "If anyone could've, it would've been you, cyar'ika." He gives your hand a gentle squeeze. "As she damn well deserves." The two of you press on for a few more minutes, and Din checks his vambrace as he regretfully drops your hand and releases a breath. "Well, these are the coordinates." He looks over at you and then down at the child. "Keep your eyes open. We must be close."

You nod, and Din takes his rifle in one of his hands as you both keep going. Din looks around with his heat sensor as he walks, waiting for any sign of life other than the two of you. It's not long until Din hears a rustling, and instantly he stops in his tracks as he reaches out his free hand to make you do the same. You look over at him, furrowing your brow as Din tilts his helmet at you.

"You hear that?" Din murmurs, glancing over the landscape. He then hears the child coo in his bag, and Din takes him from his place there to rest him on a nearby boulder. "Don't worry, little one. Sit right here. Let me see what's out there." Din looks to you, gesturing with his helmet towards the child. "You should stay with him."

You frown. "And let you face a Jedi or something worse on your own?"

Din gestures to his armor. "This is beskar, cyare. It'll keep me protected—and I can't let you run that risk without any of your own out here."

You sigh, giving in with a nod as you draw your blaster and stand by the child. "All right. But if you get hurt, Din..."

"I'll be fine, rid'ika." Quickly, Din touches his helmet to your forehead, brushing his free hand over your cheek before he steps away. He lifts his scope to his visor to get a better look, glancing around the landscape to find the source of the rustling. Instead of a Jedi, he finds one of the same four-legged creatures he'd spotted when he first landed, making him sigh as he puts his scope away. "False alarm," Din starts to announce with a sigh. "It's—."

Din gets cut off by a yell that comes from above him, and he has just enough time to turn and block his helmet before two white laser swords crash on top of him. He can hear the shocked sounds of your gasps in the distance, but Din can't let them distract him as he blocks the Jedi's vicious swings. She comes from one side and then the next with both blades, the white light highlighting the deep blue of her eyes as she looks at Din almost wildly. He meets her hardest strike right down the middle, crossing both his arms over his helmet as he pushes against her.

In a quick movement, Din frees one arm to aim his flamethrower at the Jedi, watching as she flips away to avoid his flames and lets her burning cloak fall to the ground. Within the same movement, Din lets his grappling hook wrap around her, securing her arms to her sides. She looks up before Din has a chance to do the same, offering a sly smile before she jumps up high. She clears a branch and takes Din with her, causing him to cut the cord as quickly as he can before he unholsters his blaster and turns to face her.

"Ahsoka Tano!" Din calls with urgency, reaching out his free hand in a peaceful position as he spots her getting ready to fight him again with her laser swords. The Jedi raises her brow expectantly as Din continues. "Bo-Katan sent me. We need to talk."

Ahsoka keeps her laser swords drawn until her gaze leaves Din, looking somewhere beyond him. He knows it's at you and the child, which ultimately causes her to sheathe her swords as she stands up straight again. "I hope it's about him," she speaks, her voice low and wise as she looks at the child. The baby coos curiously and tilts his head at Ahsoka, and Din releases a breath of relief as he holsters his blaster and leads the way over. You also holster your blaster, your chest just starting to rise and fall in a normal pattern after your panic for Din. It makes his heart constrict in his chest as the three of you gather around the child's rock.

"Ahsoka Tano," you greet, catching the Jedi's attention as you nod respectfully. You then introduce yourself. "I was raised on Arilia."

Ahsoka's eyes widen at that. "Arilia," she echoes, a hint of sympathy in her voice. "My Master had a dealing there once during the Clone Wars. I wasn't able to go—but I heard it was a beautiful planet."

You nod. "Thank you. I'm... sure you know what happened there." Ahsoka nods, her head tilting in a gentle manner. You take a breath, gesturing to Din. "He's my husband. And this..." you now gesture to the little green child, "would be his foundling."

"Our foundling," Din corrects you, catching Ahsoka's attention as he nods. "He was a bounty of mine a long time ago, kept hostage by a group of Niktos. Now, he's being hunted by the Empire."

Ahsoka hums at that, her gaze falling back on the child who coos curiously up at her. "He seems very sweet." She then looks between the two of you. "I can try to speak with him—if that's all right."

You and Din exchange a glance, ultimately nodding as you let Ahsoka reach forward to pick up the child. He coos and shows no signs of being uncomfortable, causing some of the tension to fall from Din's shoulders as he follows where Ahsoka starts to walk. You do the same, staying at Din's side as you watch her take her robe back from the ground. The four of you remain in silence, pushing ahead as darkness starts to fall over Corvus.

Once the child sits across from Ahsoka, he feels an overwhelming sense of peace in the Force. It's a presence he hasn't felt in a long time, not since before that night at the temple. He would be afraid, but Ahsoka's presence is somehow familiar to him—and he senses no malice in her. She smiles as she reaches out to him.

What's your name, little one? Ahsoka asks him.

Grogu, he answers, for the first time in too long. He then gestures with a tiny hand to you and Din, who stand further away. My parents, those are. Grogu watches as his father paces nervously and keeps looking their way, though you try in vain to keep him calm.

So I've heard, Ahsoka remarks, smiling as she also looks at Grogu's parents. They do not wield the Force, though.

No, Grogu confirms, trained fighters, they are. Many skills they have. Kept me very safe, they have. My father especially.

I know Mandalorians are very skilled warriors. How did you meet this one?

Grogu goes on to tell Ahsoka his story, even going back to his days at the Jedi temple. He discovers that Ahsoka was once Anakin's apprentice, something that makes him nervous only temporarily. Ahsoka's familiarity with Mandalore puts Grogu at ease, since it connects Ahsoka to the people of his father—the person he trusts the most with his life. Grogu confesses that he's been hiding his Force abilities, but he's started to use them again in the care of his father, wanting to keep him safe with the different things he's learned to do in the Force. Near the end of their exchange, Grogu specifically mentions one. Life I have sensed, Grogu tells her. Within our clan, it is.

Your clan is them, correct? Ahsoka looks over to the place where Din is still nervously pacing, though you've tried to take a grip on his arm to stop him. Grogu giggles and nods. What kind of life?

New life, Grogu explains. Has it, my mother does. A little one, I think there is.

Ahsoka smiles before she furrows her brow at Grogu. I can sense it, too. Do they know?

Know, they do not—but know, they should. Much danger, we have been in. Rest, my mother needs.

Ahsoka nods, smiling yet again as she looks over at you and Din. I'll tell them, Grogu. She then looks back to him. Are you ready for me to tell your story?

Gentle, please be. A lot, I mean to them—and them to me. Love them, I do. Ahsoka beams at that, nodding before she stands up to take Grogu in her arms.

Meanwhile, Din only stops his pacing when he notices Ahsoka standing with the baby in her arms. That's when he feels the gentle squeezing on his arm, making him look over at you. Your expression is full of reassurance as one of your hands travels down to meet his. "It'll be all right, Din," you say softly, entwining your fingers with his. "Whatever she has to say..." you pause, giving his hand a squeeze as you nod at him, "I'm here. For all of it."

"I know." Din's words are just as hushed as your own, his helmet meeting your forehead as he closes his eyes behind the visor. "Thank you."

You press a gentle kiss to his beskar cheek, smiling as you pull away and walk with him to the place where Ahsoka's setting the child upon a stone. Din helps you to sit on a stone across from Ahsoka and the lantern she's set down, but he remains standing, too anxious for now to join you as the gloved fingers on his free hand flutter at his side.

"Has he been speaking?" Din says, watching as the baby tilts his head at Ahsoka and coos something. "Do you... understand him?"

Ahsoka takes a deep breath, looking at the child before she tucks her arms into her cloak. "In a way," she answers in a contemplative manner. "Grogu and I can feel each other's thoughts."

Din immediately looks down at you, finding you already looking at him with disbelief in your eyes. "Grogu?" he echoes, glancing back at Ahsoka.

As soon as he says the name, the child coos almost excitedly, looking at Din as if he's the one who strung up the stars in the Corvus night sky. It makes Din start to smile underneath his helmet, even as Ahsoka speaks. "Yes. That's his name."

Din looks at you and then the baby again, shifting his weight on his feet before he nods. "Grogu."

Yet again, the baby turns to Din with joy, cooing as his ears perk up as high as they can go on his head. Din can feel his heart soar in his chest, especially when he feels the squeezing of your hand and looks to see you viewing Grogu with the same smile he hides underneath his helmet. "Grogu," you say next, your voice gentle as Grogu nearly squeals with delight. You laugh softly, reaching forward just to give his ear a pet.

"He was raised at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant," Ahsoka explains, facing the two of you with severity. "Many Masters trained him over the years." As she speaks, Grogu starts to blink slowly, his head hanging and his eyes closing more and more in an exhausted manner. Din tries not to worry too much about it as he instead focuses on Ahsoka's words.

She tells you Grogu's story, of the fear and loneliness he experienced after the Empire rose to power. It makes Din's protectiveness grow, especially as he finds himself relating to Grogu's own experiences. The comparison makes his knees grow weak, and that's when he finally sits beside you, letting the feeling of your side pressed against his soothe him the more he learns about his son.

At the end of the story, Ahsoka lifts her gaze to you and Din. "Can he still wield the Force? He mentioned that he has been—but only around you."

"You mean, his powers?" Din seeks to clarify.

"The Force is what gives him his powers," Ahsoka says. "It is an energy field created by all living things. To wield it takes a great deal of training and discipline."

Din looks at Grogu as she finishes, watching as he nods off upon the stone. He searches for words to say, and he knows you'd do the same, but he also knows you're aware of how important this is to him—and you're leaving this conversation to be made on his terms. "I've seen him do things I can't explain." Din shakes his helmet before he looks back at Ahsoka. "My task—our task—was to bring him to a Jedi."

Ahsoka looks at Grogu, releasing a deep breath before she glances at Din again. "The Jedi Order fell a long time ago."

"So did the Empire," Din insists with a determined frown, "yet it still hunts him." Ahsoka swallows hard at that. "He needs your help."

Ahsoka sits in silence for a long moment, looking at Grogu again as she sighs. Din shares a glance with you, finding the same hopefulness he feels in his chest in your eyes before he looks at Ahsoka again. "Let him sleep," she says softly. "I'll test him in the morning." Her gaze looks between the two of you as it starts to glow brighter, causing Din to get curious as she continues. "But first... there's something Grogu wanted me to tell you two."

Din feels you give his hand another squeeze, a gesture that he returns. "We'd love to hear it," you insist, finding the words Din doesn't think he could possibly put together. He's always desired having the ability to communicate more effectively with his son, and now, it's happening.

"Grogu sees you both as his parents," Ahsoka begins, already making Din's heart drum hard against his beskar as his free hand tightens into a fist, "and he cares about you both very much." She smiles as she looks at Grogu's sleeping form. "In fact, he said he loves you."

Din feels as if the air's been knocked from his lungs as you manage to speak in disbelief. "He... He said that?"

Ahsoka nods. "He did." She looks back to the two of you. "He also said he senses life within your clan." She gestures to you. "Within you."

"Life?" Din's the one to echo this word, looking over at you just to see your mouth dropped open in further disbelief. "What do you mean 'life?'"

"I can sense it, too." Ahsoka instead continues, beaming now as she looks pointedly at Din. "Your clan... it's growing."

Din's brow furrows underneath his helmet. "Growing? How..." Din trails off, looking over at you and meeting your tearful gaze. Suddenly, it all comes together—the flame of hope he'd tried to control within himself, the expression you'd been wearing when he found you on Nevarro, every symptom you've shown. He tilts his helmet at you, watching you nod as he looks between you and Ahsoka. "You... we... really?"

You manage a soft laugh, nodding yet again as you hold Din's hand with both of yours. "Yes," you confirm. "I—I was going to tell you after I found out on Nevarro, but when I heard about Moff Gideon's return, I didn't want to overwhelm you."

Din still can't process what's being said, his hands beginning to shake as he stares at them. When Ahsoka speaks after a long silence, her voice sounds distant to him, as if she's a mile away. "I'll retire for the night and give you some privacy. We'll meet again in the morning." She leaves her lantern with you as she uses one of her laser swords for guidance, and as soon as she's well out of earshot, Din hears you speak to him.

"Din?" Your voice is soft and soothing, but Din still can't lift his gaze from your hands, his actions far behind his mind as it moves more quickly than he can comprehend. It's only when your hands meet the sides of his helmet that his gaze meets yours again, the concern obvious in your eyes as you seek consent to remove his helmet. Din offers a small nod, watching as you slowly lift the beskar from his head. He hadn't been aware that there were tears on his cheeks until they met the open air, cooling his skin as he watches your brow lift in worry. "Are you okay, riduur?"

"Am I okay?" Din barely recognizes his choked-up voice as he repeats your words. He chuckles a bit, his gloved hands finding the sides of your face as he smiles through his tears of mixed joy and disbelief. "Rid'ika, I—," Din forces himself to pause for a second, swallowing hard as he shakes his head at you, "I just can't..." He shakes his head again, running his thumbs over your cheeks as he smiles and feels another tear fall.

You smile back at him, brushing the tear away. "I know it's scary," you remark, keeping your voice gentle as you hold his gaze, "especially with everything that's happening right now."

"I'm not scared," Din assures you. "I'm just—I-I just... I don't know what I did to deserve this, cyar'ika." Din's voice wavers with his last few words, and he can feel his lips trembling as he tries to continue. "I've—I've taken so many lives, and now I... I get to create one? With you?" Din gives his head another shake, closing his eyes as he lets his forehead fall against yours. "How could I possibly deserve such happiness?"

"Din, don't say such things." Din feels you press a kiss to his nose, making him reopen his eyes as you brush away more of his stray tears. "You found your redemption long ago with the child—Grogu. You only do what you have to." You smile at him, letting one hand run over his hair as your gaze starts to fill with more tears. "You deserve the galaxy, riduur."

"I don't want the galaxy, cyare." Din whispers these words as he keeps you close, smiling again as he remembers what he's been told. "I just want you—and our family." Din looks over at the place where Grogu still sleeps on the stone. "Grogu, and..." Din swallows hard, his gaze falling to your stomach as his vision blurs with joyful tears, "our baby." He looks up at you, laughing softly in disbelief as he brushes a tear away from under your eye. "Our baby."

"Our baby," you repeat, also laughing before Din moves to bury your face in his shoulder. He secures the back of your head with his hand, pressing his face into your hair as you both exchange soft cries of joy. With everything you've been through together, Din can't believe the galaxy's rewarding you two with such a gift. He's dreamed of this day for longer than he's even known, and now, he gets to share it with you. Getting to have that revealed to him through his own adopted son just makes his heart burst even more, causing him to hold you tightly as he keeps you close and openly expresses his pure happiness with you.

The moment you lift your head from his shoulder, Din reaches for your face and pulls it to his, kissing you with a passion that makes both him and you forget where you are for the moment. He can practically feel the beating of his heart in sync with yours—with that of the child within you—and it only makes him kiss you harder. Din's hands travel from your face to your neck and then your shoulders, all the way until they fall upon your stomach. When you both pull away, breathless and smiling with tear-stained cheeks, Din takes one of your hands and presses a kiss upon your palm. He then sets it over your stomach, kissing your forehead as your body melts against his. "I love you," Din whispers, his voice low and full of the honest and true emotion he feels within him. "I love your strength, and your loyalty, and your beauty, and... all of it. Everything." Din chuckles as he kisses your nose. "You find so many new ways to amaze me."

You laugh softly at that, letting your head fall upon his shoulder as you wrap your arms around his middle. "I love you too, Din," you murmur, pulling down the fabric around his neck to press a kiss to his skin. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you as soon as I—."

"Shhh, don't apologize, ner kar'ta," Din interrupts, resting his chin on your head as he runs his gloved hand along your arm. "I know you'd only keep such secrets for good reason. And now..." Din keeps smiling to himself, "we can protect them together." With the thought in mind, Din starts to frown, his concern finally showing as he tightens his hold on you. "How long has it been? How much danger have I put the two of you in?"

Din can feel your breath as you sigh into his neck. "Din—."

"No more adventures for you, cyar'ika. I'm sorry, but I'll have to put you on strict lookout duty only from now on. No more action."

"Din," you laugh this time, holding him tighter. "I understand, but I've been fine and I'll continue to be fine, all right? It's only been ten weeks."

Din's eyes widen. "Ten weeks?" He pauses, trying to think back that far. "Does that mean...?"

"Sorgan," you answer with another laugh.

Din shakes his head and laughs with you. "I... figured." He then presses a kiss upon your head and looks towards where his other child is still sleeping on the stone. "Well, the four of us should attempt to get some rest."

You nod, though Din can tell it's a tired action. That's why he takes you up into his arms, disregarding your protest of a quiet squeal as you bury your face into his shoulder. Din walks you over to where Grogu is sleeping, scooping him up to lay with you as he carries you both to a more comfortable place on the forest floor. You're both already close to sleeping by the time Din lays you two upon him, and he smiles to himself as he holds you tight in his arms. He's regretful to put his helmet back on, which makes his view harder to depict with his night vision, but he does what he knows is best, as he always will for his clan.

Din would do anything for his clan, and he hopes that's enough to keep you all safe—though he knows there are people in this galaxy who would do just the same to destroy the family he's fought so hard for. •••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 20.1K 49
โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฌ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐! ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐๐ž๐ง ๐ฎ๐ฉ -- ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ...
15.8K 488 9
"๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฃ๐จ๐› ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฃ๐จ๐›, ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ?" A daring favor from Boba Fett sends you and Din undercover to...
1.1K 56 20
MandoxfemOC **Will deviate from canon in some situations** EXPLICIT .*. SEXUAL THEMES .*. STRONG LANGUAGE !!NO TRI...
5.7K 344 11
You never expected your last summer in Scespa to start with a whirlwind romance between yourself and a Mandalorian training in the Fighting Corps, bu...