๐’”๐’†๐’Ž๐’Š๐’„๐’๐’๐’๐’ | Tetsurล...

By cutesight

"๐ผ๐“‰'๐“ˆ ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ถ๐“Œ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“๐‘’, ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐’พ๐“‰?" - - - - Kuroo and Y/N who used to be close childhood frie... More

It's been awhile...
Your best friend
Unexplainable
Commitment
Operation: Kuroo
A proposal
Fated encounter
A tuxedo and wedding dress
Rough draft
Back to square one
In all honesty
Because I loved you
This time, for sure.
Phone call
A sign of growth
I missed you
Heartbreaking loneliness
Unplanned sleepover?
Confrontation
There might not be a next time
Puppy love
She was ready for forever
Excitement
I love you so much
What do we do Tetsurล?
What do I do?
I'm sorry.
Thank you
Don't fuck up Kuroo
Be selfish Y/N
Will you be my girlfriend?
Mr. Kuroo
He's ready for forever

Happy birthday Kenma

5.3K 289 138
By cutesight

𝒪𝒸𝓉𝑜𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟨𝓉𝒽

"Mr. Kozume? What are you doing here still? Shouldn't you go out to celebrate your birthday?" One of Kozume's game developers calls out to him from his desk. Kozume glances over at the time. It's already nearing 6PM.

He removes the glasses off of his face and pinches his nose bridge.

To be honest, he forgot it was his birthday until he walked into the office with a surprise from his team. Kuroo and Y/N have been oddly quiet. Neither have messaged him a happy birthday but he only assumes that the two are busy with their work.

Turning off his computer, he grabs his phone off his desk and says his goodbyes to his team. A yawn escapes from him when he rides the elevator down to the parking garage. The days have bled together and the lack of sleep is definitely crashing on Kozume.

He lets out a stifled groan when he fishes for his car keys out of his pocket. The moment Kozume sits in the driver seat, he feels a buzz in his pocket. It's a phone call from Kuroo.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIRTHDAY BOY!" Kuroo's loud voice rings out and Kozume pulls his phone away from his ear from Kuroo's booming voice.

"Thanks." Kozume tiredly replies.

"What's wrong? You sound horrible. Have you not been sleeping?"

"Somewhat. I also thought you forgot it was my birthday but I guess I was wrong about that." Kozume switches the call over into his Bluetooth. He then pulls out of his parking spot.

"How could I forget your birthday? Sorry it took me so long to tell you. Works been busy. But now I am all yours. Go home and get dressed. We're partying till midnight." Kuroo lets a warmhearted chuckle, a grin on his face.

The thought of partying out so late makes Kozume shiver. That's the last thing he wants to do right now. He'd prefer the two to just stay inside and order pizza and beers. "Could I take a rain check on the partying? Let's just stay in."

"Fine...I can't tell the birthday boy no. I'll swing by after I change then. See you later."

"Ah, wait." Kozume quickly stops Kuroo from hanging up.

"What's up?"

"Y/N. Has she texted you today? We should invite her too."

A silence is met on Kuroo's end. He exhales with a smile on his face. "Why don't you call her? She'd only tell me no if I were to ask. She'll probably think I'm using you as an excuse to see her."

Kozume's lips turn into a fine line. He grips his steering wheel tightly and nods his head. "Alright. See you later then."

"Yeah, see you!" Kuroo ends the call and Kozume's left in his thoughts. He wonders if Y/N would decline if he were to ask her personally. Kozume wouldn't want to exclude her out on a day like today.

Would it be childish if he used the 'it's my birthday' card on her?

He groans at the childish thought. If she declined, he shouldn't let it get to him. She's a busy woman after all.

Chewing his bottom lip, Kozume stops at a red light. He reaches for his phone, thumb hovering over her contact. Anxiety fills his entire body and it paralyzes him from calling her. Forcing his eyes shut, he lowers his phone back down.

He'll try again after the next red light.

Or that's what he told himself anyway.

🏐・゚゚・。.

To his surprise, Kozume sees Kuroo waiting outside in his car out front of the driveway. Kozume pulls up beside him and turns his engine off. Stepping out of the car, Kozume looks at Kuroo with a raised eyebrow.

"How did you get here so fast?"

"I was actually already on my way here when I called you." Kuroo grins mischievously. "Since you want to stay in, should we invite your parents over? I'm sure they'd like to spend the remainder of your birthday with you."

"No, they're probably tired from their work today. I can always celebrate tomorrow with them." Kozume locks his car and quietly walks up to the front door. Kuroo shrugs and follows behind him. "Did you ever call Y/N?"

Kozume shakes his head. He inserts his house key in the lock but finds it already unlocked. Knitting his brows together, he grows anxious.

Did he leave his door unlock all day?

The neighborhood isn't one with many burglaries so he shouldn't stress as much but he clearly remembers locking it this morning.

"Something wrong with the door? Did you forget how to use your keys?" Kuroo pokes fun of Kozume. Kozume blankly stares at Kuroo, shaking his head. He pushes his nervous thoughts aside and opens the door. He flicks on the light and a loud unison shout of 'surprise' takes him off guard.

With eyes wide and his heart shaken up, the color in his face pales over.

Several familiar faces stand in front of him with poppers and balloons.

Y/N stands at the front foyer with an apple pie and the number 28 candle inserted in the middle. "Happy birthday Kenma." She wears a delicate smile and it's impossible for his heart not to waver in response.

"Make a wish Kenma." His parents egg him on as they watch from the island counter. Kuroo's and Y/N's parents also chant for him to make a wish and to blow out the candles. He grows embarrassed from their adamancy.

"Guy's you're stressing him out." Kuroo eyes the parents with a glare and a grin. They laugh among each other and silence their cheers.

You inch the pie a bit closer to Kozume. His golden cat-like eyes stare at you for a moment. "Did you set this up for me?" He whispers.

You shake your head, turning your gaze next to Kozume. "Tetsurō helped too."

"Yeah, don't forget I'm here." Kuroo settles a hand on Kozume's shoulder, giving him a light squeeze.

A smile forms on Kozume's face when he looks at the two dearly. He closes his eyes and silently makes a wish before blowing out the candles. A thunderous sound of claps fills the silent home.

"Alright! Let's bust out the food and alcohol." Y/N's mom hurries over to the fridge to grab the wine she's brought over. Kuroo's mom also grabs out the pack of beers she's bought. You roll your eyes at how eager your mother is for wine.

Kozume gently places his hands over yours to hold onto the pie. You're startled from the sudden touch and turn your attention towards him. "Who made the pie?" Kozume eyes the beautiful golden crisp color.

"I did." You answer him shyly. His eyes meet yours and you watch the corner of his lips curl.

"Could I have a slice of it right now?"

"Sure. It's yours anyway." You lightheartedly giggle and the two of you carry it over to the island counter. Everyone gets a slice of pie with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. The parents chat among themselves with laughter and alcohol in their hands.

Kozume, Kuroo, and you excuse yourselves from the adults and sit in the living room.

"We got you gifts too." Kuroo reaches behind the sofa and sets a large present down in Kozume's lap. He stops himself from raising another bite of pie into his mouth to open the gift Kuroo's given him. You grab hold of Kozume's plate for him and he quietly thanks you.

Kozume hesitantly rips off the wrapping paper. "It's not a prank gift again, is it?"

Kuroo scoffs and shakes his head. "Of course not."

"Prank gift?" You raise an eyebrow, staring at the two. Kozume turns to look at you with a look of disgust. "Kuroo last year thought it would be funny to get me one of those boxes that shoots things out of it the moment you lift the lid. The dumb thing shot in my eye and Kuroo just laughed himself into tears."

You stifle the laughter when you listen to Kozume. "You're a jerk Tetsurō." You try to glare daggers at Kuroo but he playfully rolls his eyes. The two of you hear a soft gasp from Kozume when he looks down at the gift Kuroo's bought him.

"No way!" His slight high pitch voice makes the two smile. The glimmer and shine in Kozume's eyes is childlike. He stares at the large gundam in awe. A number 1/10 is etched in gold on the right corner of the box. Kozume carefully opens the box to pull the gundam out. The same etched number is on the platform.

"How did you manage to get this? Or how did you even know I wanted this Kuroo?" Kozume carefully grazes his fingers over the gundam. He quickly stands up and walks over to one of his many glass cases. You then notice there's an empty one at the top.

Several smaller gundams are on the lower shelves.

Kozume sets the tall gundam in the empty space and steps back to admire his complete collection. The corner of his lips curl in a smile and you can tell his excitement from his growing smile.

"I have my ways." Kuroo answers Kozume from the sofa.

"You didn't mess with the dark web, did you?" Kozume returns to the two. Kuroo shakes his head furiously. "Hell no. I would never go there. At least I'd have someone else do that." Kuroo jokes around with a chuckle.

"Either way, thanks Kuroo. I love the gift." Kozume shares a smile to Kuroo who returns a smile back at him.

"Don't forget about my gift." You wedge your way into their bromance. Kuroo and Kozume snicker at your slight whiney tone. You place the plates of pies down onto the coffee table. "It's not as amazing as Tetsurō's gift. But...I put a lot of effort into it."

"She honestly did. I was there for the whole thing." Kuroo chuckles beside Kozume. You reach behind the pillow of the sofa and extend a tiny box to Kozume. He eyes the box curiously before taking it from you. As he opens the gift you explain to him the difficulties of not knowing what to buy him.

"I figured I should make you something instead since you could literally buy anything you want. It's a bit childish but I figured you'll appreciate it more than others." You nervously watch Kozume lift the lid open to see a red and black beaded bracelet with his name.

His choked back laughter surprises you and Kuroo both. He shyly covers a hand over his mouth to hold back his laugh.

"W-What's so funny?" You eye Kozume confused.

"It's just..." He laughs between words. "This is really cute Y/N." He clears his throat and grabs the bracelet out of the box, sliding it on his right wrist. He moves his wrist back and forth to stare at the bracelet. "I feel like this would be something you'd give me back in middle school."

Your face flushes from his statement and Kuroo snickers beside Kozume. Scrunching your nose, you look away.

"I'm not making fun of the gift or anything. I really love it Y/N." Kozume sets the empty box down. You're unsure if he really genuinely likes it or if he's being considerate. His reaction to Kuroo's present is by far better than yours. You grow depressed for not thinking of something better.

"Hey." Kozume softly calls out to you. Busy in your thoughts, you don't hear him.

Kozume purses his lips.

Did he offend Y/N by laughing?

He turns slightly towards Y/N to wrap his arms around her neck. Y/N tenses under his hold and he hears her breath hitch. Kuroo looks just as surprised when he stares at Kozume's back.

"I genuinely love the gift Y/N. I didn't mean to offend you by laughing." Kozume's low whisper sends chills down your back. "You're the best gift this year. No amount of money can buy that for me." You gulp from his words. Feeling a warmth spread in your chest.

Kuroo's unable to hear whatever Kozume is whispering to Y/N. But he selfishly breaks the moment by hugging Kozume and Y/N. He squeezes the two tightly.

"T-Tetsurō you're crushing Kenma into me!" You stammer your words out.

"I felt left out." Kuroo mumbles.

Kozume grows flustered and he tries to find his words. "T-This is awkward now. Let us go Kuroo."

"No." Kuroo huffs out, hugging the two of you even tighter. "It's not every day we hug like this. Just let it happen."

Kozume and you both whine out in pain but Kuroo ignores your pleas.

"What are those three doing?" Kozume's mother notices the three of them hugging and flailing around. Kuroo's father chuckles and shakes his head. "It's a beautiful sight to see. The three of them together again."

Y/N's mother nods her head. "I hope nothing breaks them apart again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.8K 1K 10
A story of love, sacrifice, and infidelity. My friend and I already posted this story years ago in a kpop fanfiction website so you might find this f...
706K 23.8K 22
(Y/n) (l/n) was the prettiest girl Oikawa had ever seen. However there was one thing that made her different from the rest. She regected him. Never b...
355K 14.8K 46
*๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ก๐™š๐™ง๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™˜๐™š๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ž๐™ก๐™จ.* - - - - "๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ /๐˜“/๐˜•. ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ...
183K 6.1K 42
"Why are you ignoring me? Talk to me, Inumaki." Toge Inumaki wasn't a person who should yearn for love and he knows it. He's mute, so how can he even...