Apartment 311

By _ntsha

Four strangers from different walks of life meet on a cruise and spend an unforgettable week together. All of... More

About
Ch | 1
Ch | 2
Ch | 3
Ch | 4
Ch | 5
Ch | 6
Ch | 7
Ch | 8
Ch | 9
Ch | 10
Ch | 11
Ch | 12
Ch | 13
Ch | 14
Ch | 15
Ch | 16
Ch | 17
Ch | 18
Ch | 19
Ch | 20
Ch | 21
Ch | 22
Ch | 23
Ch | 24
Ch | 25
Ch | 26
Ch | 27
Ch | 28
Ch | 29
Ch | 30
Ch | 31
Ch | 32
Ch | 33
Ch | 34
Ch | 35
Ch | 36
Ch | 38
Ch | 39
Ch | 40
Ch | 41
Ch | 42
Ch | 43
Ch | 44
Ch | 45
Ch | 46
Ch | 47
Ch | 48
Ch | 49
Ch | 50
Ch | 51
Ch | 52
Ch | 53
Ch | 54
Ch | 55
Ch | 56
Ch | 57
Ch | 58
Ch | 59
Ch | 60
Ch | 61
Ch | 62
Ch | 63
Ch | 64
Ch | 65
Ch | 66
Ch | 67
Ch | 68
Ch | 69
Ch | 70
Ch | 71
Ch | 72
Ch | 73
Ch | 74
Ch | 75
Ch | 76
Ch | 77
Ch | 78
Ch | 79
Ch | 80
Ch | 81
Ch | 82
Ch | 83
Ch | 84
Ch | 85
Ch | 86
Ch | 87
Ch | 88
Ch | 89
Ch | 90
Ch | 91
Ch | 92
Ch | 93
Ch | 94
Ch | 95
Ch | 96
Ch | 97
Ch | 98
The End

Ch | 37

193 14 24
By _ntsha

Brooklyn Noelle Brankovich

Chapter Thirty-seven: "Off her rocker"

"-And another net violation on number ten, Brooklyn Brankovich." The announcer proclaimed after my mistake.

Myself and the rest of the team huddled. They slapped my butt and told me it was okay. Sydney said she'd set me again and I nodded, assuming the position.

The whistle blew and the server from the opposing team sent over a flat, short serve.

Lizzy in the back row passed it to Syd who set it to me. I took my approach to the low ball and got denied.

"Brankovich goes up strong- OH, AND A BIG BLOCK FROM SAN DIEGO!" The commentators roared, hyping the crowd.

"Fuck!" I grunted, pulling down my spandex shorts.

"It's okay, girl," Kacey encouraged me, slapping my ass as I walked away from the net.
It's not okay, I thought in my head. I'm playing like shit.

Everyone tried lifting me up but I mentally clocked out and grew angrier, frustrated with myself.

We were down by two, it was the third set. My team won the first two, but it was a struggle to take the lead in this one.

She served again, this time it barely cleared the tape. Acting fast, I dove and pancaked the ball right up to Lizzy. As soon as I was set, I rolled the ball and got us a point.

The score was tied 24-24 now. My confidence didn't increase despite my last kill, I still hated my performance through the match, but I had to shake it off and they high-fived me.

Kacey on the slide, pounded the ball and got us to 25 points.

With Rita serving, the ball went on San Diego's side. They pushed it over and I went up like I was going to kill it but tipped the ball. The opposite player read it and they managed to get a kill, leaving me in a split as I tried digging it.

"SHIT!" I roared, slapping the floor.

The game ended in a win. After I had yet ANOTHER hitting error, Kacey got a big block, and Sydney ended with a couple of aces.

We slapped hands and I carried my attitude all the way to the bleachers where I kicked my shoes off and watched some of the final game.

I ended with 9 kills, 2 blocks, 3 digs. Horrible - for me, anyway. In actuality, it's not bad but I held myself to a higher standard and expected better. Especially after last week's ending game with 18 kills.

Just as I was about to pop the AirPod Pros in my ear, a little girl addressed me.

"Emereigh," I exhaled, "hey! What are you doing- Noah." I knew he wasn't too far behind.

Emereigh had one of the mini soft volleyballs we threw at the crowd before the game started, when they announced the starting line up. Hers was the one I threw, it had number 10 on it. I smiled small and let her lead me away.

"Good game, Brooks," she said, calling me the nickname her brother gave me.

"Thanks, Emereigh," I said back in an unsure tone.

We stopped at the concession stand where Noah was flirting with Gina, Kacey's mother who ran the stand.

"Oh, hey, B," he said, ending his conversation with Gina. We walked outside to the parking lot where he purposely parked across from me.

"Good game," Noah tried making me feel better.

I glared blankly in his green eyes. "Yeah, right. I suck."

"No you don't, it was just an off day for you. What happened out there?"

"I had a crazy night last night," I admitted, "hangover."

"Em, stop playing in the road!" Noah yelled. He snapped and settled her in the Hummer, putting the windows down. Before returning to me at my vehicle, he gave her his phone so she could watch videos on YouTube.

"That reminds me," he talked while chewing, "I'm supposed to be mad at you for that."

"Well can we skip the lecture? I'm tired, I just want to go to bed," I croaked, almost in tears. My body hurt and I was so unsatisfied with my performance in the game. It's just my competitive side getting the best of me and my deflated ego. Not to mention, I had work later at ten and it was seven o'clock before I left the gym.

"And I'm not trying to lecture you, I just don't think it was safe," he whinged.

"Thanks for your concern, Noah, but what I do isn't your business." I spoke.

"Brooklyn, you don't understand-" he tried to say. I angrily snatched my wrist from his grasp and threw my bag in the back seat, slamming the door once I did so.

"Understand what?" I pried.

He had the opportunity to tell me what it seemed like he wanted to say, but he didn't. I sighed and shook my head.

"Excuse me," I said roughly, getting in my SUV to drive off.

***

I hadn't talked to Noah since our little statement. We just needed some space, we grew on each other at a rapid pace since the cruise. He claimed we were nothing and he just wanted to be my friend, that's why he cared so much about my "well being" but I'm grown and none of his business.
When I tried FaceTiming him, he left me on read, so I didn't try reaching out again.

I was just a wreck who needed an escape. One thing I hated from my life before Cali, was now routine my days were, and that's what's happening now.
I wake up, go to volleyball, come home and sleep, then go to work. And on the days I didn't have to work, I was catching up on sleep.

While my girls from the team were becoming good friends - sisters, even - I didn't want to randomly ask to hangout with them. The only other people I had were at The Playroom.

My alarm went off for me to get ready for work. I'm just praying for a good Sunday night.

I paraded around, trying to give off good energy so I could bring in the tips.

Some regulars messed with me, saying I looked good and making suggestive comments that I just shook off.

Cassie was working the bar tonight and doing her thing so I didn't want to distract her. Normally, we had a little time to chat and people-watch during our downtime.

The club was packed after some Hollywood premier that brung in a lot of well-paying customers and it's only a Tuesday.
Lights pulsated, the music was loud, and drunk people were at every turn. Hell, I was tipsy myself. What? It's hard to stay stone-cold sober as a bottle girl, people offered us drinks and shots usually and it's hard to pass them up. So I'm pretty much getting paid to party, and that's not a complaint.

We had a big spender on the floor so myself and the girls brought out all the stops: sparklers, the Bugatti cart, and some expensive shit for them like Dom or Ace since his table spent over $5,000 worth in Champagne. Natalie, the girls, and I put on a whole show with big smiles and our tits out. At some point, I got really bored but I had to keep my energy up with the whole club staring at us.

I think it was just the alcohol getting to me, I had more shots than I should've. Things were getting a little fuzzy. . .

"Hey, Brooklyn," Natalie called out for me.

I turned to face her and said, "Hey."

"You're doing good, but you've gotta stop drinking if you can't handle it, okay?" she said.

I made a face at her. "I'm fine, Natalie. I don't think you're exactly sober, either."

"Well, I've been doing this a long time."

Not caring anymore, I just nodded and started to walk away but she followed. "I hear you've gotten close with Venus," she pried.

I smacked my lips. "Why is everyone around here so damn nosey - you, Noah?"

She threw her arms up. "Well you should listen to Noah, he's probably trying to help. People at The Playroom-"

"Right, because you know so much about him," I grumbled, then it hit me. She's probably sleeping with him, Venus warned me about him and Gael and their reputations.

As if she knew we were talking about her, Venus approached Natalie and I. She wore her hair in a way bob, a harness over lingerie, and black stilettos.

"Hey, V," I spoke first. Natalie remained quiet.

She smiled at me for a while before saying anything. "Hey, beautiful. Can you have a bottle of Patron delivered to the Star Lounge, please?"

"Sure, is it for you?" I asked but she was gone when I looked back.

"Just remember the policy," Natalie warned me.

"Why don't you and Noah take your own advice?" I spat. When she didn't have anything to say back, Natalie shook her head and stormed over to talk with some big man accompanied by Vince. Thinking nothing of it, I just stormed off to do my job.

*

I did as Venus asked and entered the private room within the club.

"Thanks, beautiful," Venus purred, walking over to me. She stood over my body in her six inch heels and flipped the hair over my bare shoulder.

"No problem, what are you about to do? Is someone else in here?" I questioned as I looked around the dark, purple room. There was a long couch and a mirror on the ceiling, not much else but it was still a nice room, just smaller than the Red Room, Blue Room, and others.

"Yeah, you," she said simply, taking a shot.

I laughed almost, wondering what she meant. Before I said anything back, Venus put a shot glass to my lips and I drank it anyway. Fuck, I shouldn't have done that.

Venus giggled and stared into my eyes. "Brooklyn, you're so pretty," she told me in a low voice.

"Thanks, V," I replied awkwardly as she held my hands, "so are you."

"Have you ever been with a woman, Brooklyn?" she asked me, leading us over to the couch.

My face fell and I felt my cheeks go red a we sat. "Um, n-no, and I don't plan on it, thanks."

Venus twirled my hair and leaned in. "How do you know you're not into it if you don't try?"

I blinked uncomfortably as Venus ran her fingers along my thighs. "I want you, Brooklyn," she whispered in my ear.

The words she said kind of echoed and I felt my eyes get low. I giggled with my spinning head on her glistening shoulder and fell back.

Lazy, I just lied there. Venus leaned over me and carefully placed her lips on mine. My eyes bulged, not expecting that. But I didn't mind?

When I didn't react, she did it again and this time, caressed my skin. Her moans filled the room and she started trying to remove my clothes but I only let her take my Fanny pack off.

She stood to strip and glided her tattooed hands over her naked skin. I didn't know what to do, I just sat there with my mouth agape, unable to do anything else.

She dropped to her knees and crawled to me. Once she pushed my legs apart, she sat between them and kissed my thighs.

"Feel me," she hissed, bringing my hands to her busty chest. Oh wow.

"Um," I swallowed hard and grew nervous. And kind of self-conscious, too.

Venus bit her lip and rolled her neck in pleasure, and I wasn't even doing anything- she was operating my movements.

She positioned her bare body on top of mine and started grinding on my thigh.

At some point, I tried going along with it. As I stretched my shaky hands, Venus saw this and put them at her hips.

"Yes!" She cried out, speeding up her thrusts. I just watched as she got off.

Suddenly, the doors busted open, causing me to open my eyes wide and see who was there. It was Natalie with two bouncers.

Natalie looked at me disappointed while Venus tried explaining herself. None of them wanted to hear it. "Get back on the floor, Venus," Bennie demanded. They watched as she scurried out, in only pasties and heels.

Natalie mouthed "sorry" and left the room, leaving me with the intimidating men.

They shook their heads with these sinister grins.

Jack, the other guard, went "Tsk tsk. Boss isn't gonna like this."

***

I woke up at noon after my wild shift the night before.

My eyes flung open and I stared at the ceiling. Everything set me off: the sounds of traffic outside, the sound of my phone getting notifications, and the bright sunlight that shone in through my windows.

Eventually I worked myself up to get out of bed.
First I showered, then I threw on a black long-sleeved Gymshark top and matching leggings, and put my hair in two braids but even that was a hassle.

I tried piecing together last night's events as I waited for the waffle maker to light up and let me know it was cooked.

I drowned the waffle in thick syrup and sat at my counter, rewatching highlights from my (good) last game on YouTube.

"Ahhhh," I mocked the crowd's cheers after witnessing myself with an amazing up, flawlessly saving the ball.

Disturbing my video, a text notification banner appeared on the screen. I groaned and snatched my phone up to read the text from Courtney that read:

Urgent meeting at The Playroom. Now. It's mandatory

I got on some shoes and grabbed my keys to lock up once I was out of the apartment. When I turned, I saw Noah, Gael, and Cassie heading towards the elevator.

I'm sure we all wondered what this meeting is about but I had a pretty good idea. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 3.6K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...
51K 1.8K 64
He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional use. One wrong turn -literally- and ever...
2.6M 80.7K 41
He's undercover. She's under him. All the pieces to Carrie's life were finally falling into place. She had a great career, a handsome fiancé, a house...
8.6K 315 31
June, 2, 2024: #1 in Action-Romance "If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer t...