Collide

由 maceyywrites

They were the best of friends for six summers in a row then she disappeared. She comes back as the new girl b... 更多

Character Aesthetics
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Epilogue

Six

712 39 8
由 maceyywrites

- Brennan's POV - 

The worst thing about senior year was trying to figure out what college to go to and if it had my parents' approval. The fact that my parents were elitist pricks didn't help my stress level. 

I remember when Cameron didn't get into Yale, they acted like his life was over. Lucky for him, he got an offer to play ball at Wake Forest.  

The pressure was on since my parents acted like this was a matter of life or death

"Brennan, what you finished your college essays?" my mom poked her head into my room

I looked up from my phone. "Not yet."

"Well Brenda needs to proofread them by next Sunday" she put her hand on her hip. "Maybe if you got off of your damn phone you would be done by now."

Typical parent response.

"Ryan is about to come over to do our history project so I need to know where she is." I informed her.

Her face scrunched up. "Do not let this girl ruin your college chance."

"She's coming over to do our history project. She's helping me to get into college." I scoffed.

"Just get on your shit. I mean it." my mom closed my bedroom door.

So fucking weird.

I walked downstairs to meet Ryan who came skipping out of her cry.

"Hi, Brenny." Ryan gave me a side hug. "Are you ready to make a historical resume on Alexander Hamilton?"

I loved that she always smelt like roses, that she gave the best hugs, and her hair was always so soft.

"Of course. I've been looking forward to doing this." I said with my tone dripping in sarcasm. 

We went upstairs into the game room, opened our google Docs, and got to work. Ryan and I ended up finishing our project in an hour.

"We should bold his name in a different font to polish things off." Ryan suggested.

"Maybe I should get you to do my resume." I joked. "If you get me into Yale my mother will love you for it."

Ryan looked me in the eyes. "I can do it if you want. Make it all nice and fluffy and you'll be able to call yourself a bulldog."

The door to the game room opened and there stood my mom. I didn't even know what snarky comment was about to leave her mouth.

"Hello Ryan." she began as I rubbed my temple. "You've grown up so beautifully."

"Thank you Valerie." Ryan gave her a small smile.

I looked at my mom. "Do you need anything?"

"No, I was just wondering if Ryan wanted to stay for dinner." she glanced at Ry who was looking at me.

I just shrugged and gave her a nod.

"I'd love to." Ryan gave in.

"Amazing!" my mom exclaimed. "We're having four-cheese ravioli and garlic bread. I think that you'll like it."

She left the room and closed the door behind her.

"Is she making ravioli because I'm Italian?" Ryan joked.

"I wouldn't put it past her." I sighed. "Speaking of moms, did you ever find anything in the journal?"

Ryan closed her laptop and looked at me. "Yeah."

"She talked a lot about how she was really proud of her girls and six months before everything happened she felt like she and my dad were becoming distant. She thought they were on the brink of divorce because he wasn't around a lot or touching her." she explained to me.

She squinted her eyes. "Is it to have daddy issues if your dad was always in your life? 'Cause he was there but he wasn't there."

Then I thought back to all the trauma that my dad gave me even though he was still present in my life.

"I think it is." I agreed with her. "My dad is always on his bullshit so I get it."

"Does he still pressure you a lot?" Ryan wondered.

Enough about feelings. 

"Wanna go shoot some hoops?" I got off-topic.

"It's freezing outside." she complained. 

I chuckled. "Us DuPonts don't have to worry about the elements on our court. Come on, I'll show you."

I led Ryan to our indoor basketball court. There were a few flags hanging up on the wall a Yale one, a Saturday is For the Boys (Cameron bought that one), and a Wake Forest flag.

"Holy shit." Ryan spun around. "I'd say that I'm surprised but you are a DuPont."

She was so cute when her face lit up like that. There was nothing more than I wanted than to see her happy after all the shit that she'd been through. 

I dribbled a basketball down the court. "Let's see what you got, Giudice."

"Brennan! I played tennis, not basketball." She protested but I passed her the ball anyway. "I probably suck."

I frowned. "Where's my overly confident Ryan?"

She threw her hair up in a ponytail. "Let's go."

I played her one on one and she wasn't half bad. I don't know why she was always so hard on herself.

"Let's see how good your free throws are." I handed her the ball.

She dribbled the ball. "Probably ass."

"They can't be that bad. You got the height." I boosted her confidence as she threw the ball that completely missed the goal.

Ryan rolled her eyes. "What were you saying?"

"You have the height, you just down have the form." I ran to grab the ball and handed it back to her.

I stood behind her. "Bend your knees a bit, keep your eyes on the rim, and it's all about the flick of the wrist."

Oh fuck, I didn't expect to enjoy being this close to her.

"Relax your shoulders." I put my hands on her shoulders.

"Can I shoot?" Ryan asked me softly.

I nodded my head as I moved away from her. "Whenever you ready."

Ryan had the perfect form and the ball went into the goal. I was a pretty good coach.

She threw her arms up in the air. "I did it!"

"You did it!" I cheered her on.

She put her arms around me and I spun her around.

I think my heart skipped a beat.

"Am I interrupting  something?" Maya shouted as I put Ryan down. "Dinner is ready."

I nodded my head. "We'll be right there, Maya."

Ryan turned to me. "I think if your career path doesn't work out then you have a bright future being a basketball coach."

"I'll have to keep that in mind." I responded as we walked to the dining room.

Luckily, Tyler and Cam were still at college and I was happy they weren't here. I don't think that I could stand their commentary. It was just my parents, Maya, and I.

"Ryan, Brennan told me that you guys had ethnic food when he stayed over for dinner." my mom spoke.

Jesus be a fence.  

"What colleges are you looking at?" my mom went on.

Here we fucking go.

"I'd like to stay here so I can be close to my sister. My top three schools would probably be NYU, Boston College, and Brown." Ryan responded.

Damn.

She had big plans and I liked that about her.

"All of those are amazing schools but only one ivy? Aren't you a Yale legacy?" my dad questioned her.

"Not everyone wants to go to Yale" I interrupted them. 

Ryan nodded her head. "I am. I just don't think that Yale is for me."

"I think that's admirable, Ryan. You know not to rely on familial connections." my sister spoke.

I couldn't believe how kind my parents were being. The dinner went a lot more smoothly than I thought it would be. I just knew that my parents didn't have the best intentions. 

You know what the DuPont say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. 

"Bye, Ruru." I gently teased her.

She rolled her eyes. "This is exactly why I called you Brenny."

"Ruru and Brenny, how sophisticated?" I joked around. "Text me when you get home."

She patted my cheek. "I always do. See you at school."

Chills.

"Goodnight Ry." I watched her pull out of the driveway and go down the street.

I walked back inside to be greeted by my parents who both had their arms crossed.

Jesus Christ, what now?

"She's a beautiful girl and she has big dreams." my dad began. "But she's a Giudice."

I shrugged. "So?"

"Giudice!" my mom repeated. "That family is nothing but dirty new money! You saw what happened to them!"

"Ryan has nothing to do with it." I grumbled. "I'm taking her to homecoming so keep up this fake facade that you have going on. She's always been an amazing girl and I know you'll put this bullshit feud aside and grow to love her."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

577K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...
2.1K 204 27
Mysteries are cool and all, but what happens when your life becomes a mystery itself? Life ensures that you meet someone and may experience a situati...
14.8K 375 40
Ayla is a high schooler in Wisconsin, her and her parents go on a vacation every summer. This summer it just happen to be at the Donnelly's house. Th...
422 52 27
Do we truly know those we consider as our family? This is the last year before the beginning of the rest of Cara and Mia lives! Mia Carter still has...