The first hit || Benny Rodrig...

By Ghost_Skeleton101

When a girl move to California from Arizona everything changes for her, when she meets the best people of her... More

Moving day
Sunrise
Planning
Happy birthday
Sleepover
Phone call
The date
The Accident
Wake up call
Home
Baseball
Pool hotties
Fireworks
Broken nose
Your out
Like a light
The almost kiss
Insults
Morning sunlight
Finally
Apology
Dreaming
I love you too
K-I-S-S
Night Drive
Karaoke
Viral
10 years later

Camp out

1.3K 16 3
By Ghost_Skeleton101

May 28th 2014
After baseball I got home took a shower and changed into some soft grey and white tie dye sweatpants and a black T-shirt with some black vans, I also put a black and white hat on, I had almost every color hat they were all under armor hats. I heard a knock at the door Luke answered and my parents and Luke greeted him in. After brushing my hair and getting my glasses, I walked downstairs into the living room.

"Jeez took you long enough" Luke said rolling his eyes and laughing.

"Whatever are you ready" I replied back sounding annoyed.

"Yeah let's go Benny lead the way" Luke said pointing his hands to the door.

I looked over to Benny that's eyes were already on me. Once I made eye contact he looked at Luke and nodded. I was kinda confused on why he did that but I got over it. He led us to the tree house where most of the boys were. I sat down in front of ham where a few candles were lit. A few moments later Scotty walked in and sat next to me.

"Sorry I'm late my mom made me put on a jacket and do the dishes". Scotty said while walking in.

"OoOoOoh Smalls had to do the dishes" one of the boys said from the back.

Ham and I just laughed a little.

"Hey I didn't know you wore glasses" scotty said.

"Oh um yeah I only wear them at night"

"Oh there cool I like them" he said giving me a big smile.

I just smiled back.

"Wanna s'more" ham said shoveling one into his mouth.

I just nodded and looked over to Scotty.

"S'more of what." Scotty said shrugging his shoulders.

"No do you want a S'more." Ham said setting his gaze at him like he was crazy.

"I haven't had anything how can I have S'more." Smalls said looking confused.

I just started laughing then my gaze went to Benny who was slightly giggling.

"Your killing me smalls!!" Ham said kinda annoyed.  Which caught my attention off of Benny.

I just started busting up laughing

"This is S'more stuff, you take the graham, then you take the chocolate and put it on the graham, then you roast the mallow and put it on the graham and take the other graham... It's kinda messy but good." Ham said. "Try it it's good." He said handing it to smalls.

He then made one for me and I walked over and sat in between Benny and Luke smalls was sitting behind me with ham next to him, ham had another S'more in his hand. I was about halfway finished with it then Luke took it out of my hand.

"Haha got your S'more" He said while laughing.

"Hey give it baaaack" I said pulling out the A

"Why it looks so good though" He said laughing

"I will smack the shit out of you" I said giving him a death stare.  

"Okay okay jeez don't kill me."

"My S'mores are that good huh?" Ham said while looking up proudly.

"Don't flatter yourself I didn't eat dessert." I said while laughing.

Benny looked over to me laughing with a dorky smile on his face.

"SHHH ARE YOU TRYING TO WAKE IT UP, IT JUST WENT TO BED. " squints said whisper yelling.

"What just went to bed"  Smalls said a bit loudly

"Shhhh, the beast"  the boys said in union

"OHHHHH" Smalls said a bit louder

"SHHHHHHH" The boys whisper yelled again sounding annoyed, Benny pushing him a little.

"Shh" squint repeated. "Here's the story of the beast." Squints continued.

While squints was telling everyone the story I looked over to Benny who's eyes were set on me but then again when I looked over he quickly looked away again. I still don't know why he was doing that but whatever. 

Bennys POV

While squints was telling the story of the beast Brooke caught me starring at her. I quickly looked away hoping she didn't notice. I didn't like her... I don't think I mean I don't have time for girls.. right I love baseball. I mean she's really pretty and she likes baseball and is very good at it but I don't know. It's complicated for me, I don't want a girl to hold me back but there's something about Brooke that's just...different but I don't know what I mean. I have never seen a girl hit a home run... I mean I have never seen a girl hit a ball. I never thought a girl could like sports, I thought they all were into makeup. I looked over at Brooke again and realized that she wasn't even wearing makeup. She's just...naturally that gorgeous. Of course again I caught myself starring at her, but this time she didn't catch me starring.  I heard squints ending his story which made my focus go over to squints.

Brookes POV

After squints finished his story me and Luke looked at each other and laughed a little.

"Nah that's not true you guys are just saying this to scare Brooke, Luke and I".

I looked over to squints.

"I gotta agree with smalls on this one". I looked over to smalls and smiled a little.

"Yeah, go over to that window and look down." Squints said pointing to the window.

Smalls, Luke and I went over to the window. Again all I saw was fog. I looked back to see ham holding his baseball bat. I slightly laughed pointing my gaze back to the outside. Then smalls jumped back.

"He's down there" smalls said pointing to the window.

I didn't see anything, I looked over to Luke and just shrugged.

"I bet he is" ham said looking scared.

"I didn't see anything you guys are crazy." I said still standing by the window with Luke.

"Yeah-yeah then what did you see yesterday" yeah-yeah said.

"I saw a paw that doesn't mean it's a beast it could be the sweetest thing ever just because it's big doesn't mean it's a beast." I said

"Did you even listen to my story?" Squints asked.

"Yes, but is your story a fact or is it just a story." I said while raising my eyebrows and sitting back down.

"Well uhm- well... ah whatever it's still scary."  Squints said shrugging his shoulders.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Well what are we gonna do now" Benny asked laying his head on the wall.

"We could play spin the bottle." Ham suggested

"No im the only girl here and I don't think any of you want to kiss each other." 

"Yeah-yeah your right." I think you know who said that.

"Okay how about truth or dare." Squints suggested shortly after

"Okay" everyone said in union.

"Okay okay I will go first." Squints said while smirking.  "Luke truth or dare"

"Uhm dare I guess"

"I dare you to tell us who you like"

I looked over at Luke who was slightly blushing. I was kinda surprised because he's not really the dating type.

"OoOoOoOo someone's gotta crush tell us!" Ham said. 

"Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!" All the boys started chanting.

"Alright alright I will tell you" Luke said as the boys stopped chanting. There's this girl named Hannah I met her yesterday at school. Luke continued.

"OoOoOo my big brothers in love." I said laughing.

"No I'm not it's... just I don't know." Luke said.  "anyways my turn." He continued. 

After a few rounds of truth or dare as we were still playing someone finally called on me.

"Brooke truth or dare." Squints said.

"Uhm truth"

"How long have you been playing baseball for?" 

"Uhm I think 8 years...now that I think about it that's awhile." I laughed

I looked around and all the boys jaws were dropped.

"What" I said kinda confused on why they were looking at me like that.

"8 YEARS!" All the boys said in union.

"Uhm yeah..."

"That's a long time" Benny said.

"Yeah I guess... anyways my turn. Uh Benny truth or dare."

"Uh truth" Benny replied

"Do you like anybody?" I asked slightly laughing.

He took a quick glance at me but then looked down, it looked like he was blushing but I couldn't tell.

"Uhm... no one I uh.. I don't date." He said

"Mhmm ssssure" I said dragging the S

"I don't!" He said sounding kinda mad but tried covering it up with a laugh.

"Alright alright jeez." I said putting my arms up in surrender.

"Well I'm bored" Timmy said.

"I'm bored" Tommy repeated.

"Yeah same wanna do something else" Ham said

"Okay but what?" Luke asked.

"Uhm I don't know" Ham replied

After we just talked of course all the boys said they were gonna stay up all night but we all know that's not gonna happen. Slowly it got later and Squints, Timmy, Tommy and smalls were asleep leaving Ham, yeah-yeah, Luke, Benny and I left awake. All night we just talked until we all fell asleep.

Hey chapter 2 I hope you guys like these series even tho no one has read it yet but I'm hoping it will get more views soon so I know I'm not just writing this for nothing. Wow okay this time there is 1571 words!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY OR NIGHT OR AFTERNOON WHEREVER YOU ARE <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 16 15
in may of 1962 where people only believed in peace, love and rock and roll, 15 year old Valerie smalls moves to California with her family and soon m...
63.2K 911 27
Y/n had been a cheerleader on the tigers team since her brother had been a player. She has always wanted to be a player herself but always got told '...
47.5K 568 28
I do not own the sandlot characters but I do own the other ones and most of the story it's 2020 Benny is a 17 year old baseball player and he has be...
11.8K 277 9
I got a call. The call sent my perfect world spinning out of control. I was gonna fix it though. I've already had the worst happen to me and it wasn'...