The Gentle Soul - Harry Potte...

By Squirrelgirl925

Galiva Scamander is the daughter of Rolf and Matilda Scamander as well as granddaughter to the famous Newt Sc... More

๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ
๐‚๐š๐ฌ๐ญ
๐†๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
Indroduction
Book I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note

Chapter 3

1.3K 55 32
By Squirrelgirl925

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕳𝖆𝖙

֎✾°•.֎✾°• ✩ •°✾֎.•°✾֎

Glancing warily at her suitcase, Galiva felt nervous. She suddenly hoped that no one opened the suitcase because if they did... there would be trouble. slipping into the crowd in the corridor she follows them out of the train.

When the train came to a full stop people pushed and cramped themselves onto the train platform. Keeping her arm close to her she lowers her head while she tries to avoid bumping into anyone. Galiva stops, remembering she has no idea where to go. But her wishes were answered when a voice boomed. "Firs' years! Firs' years over here!"

Galiva looked over to where a large man stood. She had to do a double-take to make sure she hadn't mistaken him for a giant (no offense). Shivering slightly from the cold night air, Galiva walked towards the giant man, slipping into the crowd of midgets, including her.

"C'mon, follow me - any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs' years follow me!"

Stumbling over a rock, Galiva followed the giant man. They were going down a narrower path that was quite steep as well. It was quite silent while they walked, most the occasional sounds of shivering and a few sniffles coming from Neville who looked quite petrified.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec." Galiva's head snapped up when the giant man spoke again. "Jus' round this bend here."

Galiva found her jaw falling as she saw the sight. The path had opened towards a large black lake. There was a large mountain and on it was a castle of such great size. Galiva's blue eyes flicker at each part of the castle in complete awe. With windows that glinted the starred sky and towers that seemed to reach the sky, it was a very beautiful place. The giant mad interrupted her gaze.

"No more'n four to a boat!" The giant man called, while pointing at a mass of boats. Clenching her fist slightly, she walked towards the nearest boat. Galiva heard the faint sounds of Peary clicking but continued to walk. Carefully stepping into a boat she was soon followed by three others. Two of them seemed to be twins, girl, and boy, with blond hair and green eyes. The third being a black-haired girl with brown eyes. The girl looked a bit snarky and had a superior aura around her but Galiva noticed a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Everyone in?" The giant man shouted. He sat in a boat himself, looking at them all. "Right then - FORWARD!"

Galiva swayed slightly when all the boats suddenly moved at once. The twins were whispering amongst themselves, wickedly smiling. The black-haired girl turned towards Galiva, smiling slightly.

"Hello." Galiva felt startled from the sudden greeting. She wasn't expecting anyone to talk to her.

"Hi." She timidly greets back. Galiva mentally scolds herself for being so shy.

"I'm Cassiopeia Les-" Cassiopeia introduces herself. Galiva noticed the girl seemed to cut herself off.

"Galiva Scamander." The red-head says, speaking in a shy voice. Cassiopeia had an awkward smile on her face as she turns to look at the black lake.

"I've heard that a giant squid lives here. Do you think that's true?" Galiva perks up at the mention of a giant squid.

"My dad told me a giant squid did live here. He says it once helped him back into the boat when he fell into the black lake in his first year." Galiva seemed much more energetic as she talked about the squid.

"Head down," The giant man yelled. The four kids in the boat look over and quickly duck when the boat goes under a wall of ivy. They seemed to be under a cave, dark as Galiva had a hard time seeing. They finally stopped at what looked to be a harbor. Cassiopeia first got out of the belt and then the two twins climbed out, whispering excitedly to each other. Galiva stumbled out, Cassiopeia deciding to help her. The red-head whispered a quick thanks.

They all followed the giant man as he carried the lamp. His head swirled around as he looks at all the first years.

"Everyone here?!" His voice boomed. All the first years nodded.

Galiva watched as he raised his fist and knocked on the great oak door three times. Everyone was silent when the doors swung upon. Galiva's eyes were quick to land on a tall stern lady, that wore emerald green robes,  who stared down at the with strict eyes. From under her gaze, Galiva felt like a mouse.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," The giant man said.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." Professor McGonagall says. Galiva noticed there was still a strict tome in her voice.

Hagrid nodded, allowing the first years to follow the Professor. As they followed Professor McGonagall, Galiva could hear many voices speak from behind a large door. Galiva suddenly felt nervous, realizing she might get sorted in front of the whole school.

Professor McGonagall lead them into a small empty chamber where she turned and faced them. All the first years were clumped together, staring up at her nervously.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," began Professor McGonagall. "The star-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each had produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school." Galiva felt her stomach drop at the mention of it. "I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."

Galiva self-consciously reached up to her hair, brushing it as she knew it had a habit of frizzing up at the worst time. She didn't notice that she was standing beside Harry.

"I shall return when we are ready for you." Professor McGonagall says. "Please wait quietly."

When Professor McGonagall left, Galiva felt her hand tremble slightly.

"How exactly do they sort us into houses?" Harry asked from beside her. Galiva peaked at him from the corner of her eyes.

"Some sort of test, I think, Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking," Ron answered.

Galiva felt herself start to panic. Her hands start to tremble so she hides them inside her robes. The rational part of her brain was telling her that it would make no sense to test them, but the more panicking side of her brain was screaming. Cassiopeia looked nervous but she seemed to look more controlled with her.

Galiva continued to stare at the door, just waiting and hoping she wouldn't embarrass herself. Her gaze was broken though when screams were heard behind her. Galiva's head whipped towards behind her where she saw ghosts flying from the back-wall. Her jaw drops in shock as she watches the ghost argue.

"Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance-"

"My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives us all a bad name and you know, he's not really a ghost - I say, what are you all doing here?"

They stopped arguing when one of the ghosts noticed the scared first years.

Galiva watches them with interest, never seeing a ghost before. She's heard her father tell stories about some of them, and it made her have a few questions. Galiva notices something on the corner of the roof so she looks up. Her eyes catch a lady whose head was peaking from the roof, watching with a blank gaze. They both catch their gaze and end up just staring for a moment. Galiva, wanting to be polite, waved slightly, sending a small smile before turning back around when a sharp voice spoke.

"Move along now. The Sorting Ceremony's about to start." Galiva turned to see that Professor McGonagall had returned.

"Now form a line and follow me." Professor McGonagall turned towards the large doors. All the first years quickly scrambled into a line, Galiva being squished between Cassiopeia and a blond boy with gelled hair.

Walking into the Great Hall, Galiva felt her eyes wander. Thousands of lit candles floated in the air, underneath them all being four long tables, where all the students sat. The tables were covered with shining golden goblets and plates. At the end of the Great Hall was a table where all the professors sat. Professor McGonagall stopped at the end and turned to face the many faces of students. Galiva heard Hermione murmur, "It's bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read it in Hogwarts, A History."

Galiva looked up at the ceiling where her eyes widen in aww. The ceiling was a pure blackish-purple that was filled with dazzling stars. If she hadn't known that the ceiling was bewitched she would have thought it was just the night sky.

Professor McGonagall placed a stool down and a brown hat on top. The hat looked frail and old like it's been collecting dust for years. Everyone was silent as they stared at the hat. The hat then twitched. A rip appeared a bit above the brim, looking like a mouth, and then the hat sang:

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowler black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindor apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means to achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm the thinking cap!"

The Great Hall burst with claps as the Sorting Hat finished its song and bowed to all the four tables.

Galiva felt herself a bit relieves when she realized she was just going to put on a Sorting Hat. She still felt queasy though as everyone would still be watching her.

Professor McGonagall now spoke, holding a large roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted. Abbott, Hannah!"

Galiva looked at a pink-faced girl as she scrambled from out of the line and towards the stool. She placed the hat on, covering her eyes, and sat on the chair. It was silent for a moment -

"HUFFLEPUFF!" The Sorting Hat shouted.

Hannah pulled the hat off her and placed it on the chair, walking over to the Hufflepuff table.

Galiva watched as Professor McGonagall continued to call up names. One by one each of the first years got sorted, each time all the houses clapping. Everyone had gone silent when Cassiopeia was called.

"Lestrange, Cassiopeia." Cassiopeia looked liked she wanted to hurl as she walked towards the sorting hat. Galiva could hear harsh whispering from each of the tables. The Sorting Hat hummed slightly before calling:

"SLYTHERIN!"

Cassiopeia went pale as she took the hat off and went to the Slytherin table with a lowered head. Galiva gave her an encouraging smile when their gazes connected. It was getting closer and closer to her name and Galiva clasped her hands together, staring at the floor. Peary's head peaked from her robe's pockets, chirping lightly, trying to be encouraging. Galiva didn't even notice when Harry Potter's name was called. Galiva's staring contest with the floor ended when her name was finally called.

"Scamander, Galiva!" Professor McGonagall called.

With a white-chalk face, Galiva stumbled up the steps and walked to the sorting hat. Sitting on the stool, she pulled the Sorting Hat on, feeling a bit relieved when her eyes were covered.

"Well aren't you a curious one." The sudden voice in her head causes Galiva to jump slightly. "Another Scamander. Your father was a tuff one to sort, but he fit in Gryffindor just fine. Your mother was a bit easier, her thirst for knowledge placing her in Ravenclaw. I see you have a thirst for more knowledge, strong ambition too. Your loyalty will make you reckless, very fitting for Gryffindor - oh? What's this?"

Galiva's hand squeezed the wooden stool. She couldn't tell where this was going.

"A strong sense of kindness, loyalty as well. You're just like your grandfather, with a love for creatures. You want to protect them as well. Yes, you're destined for great things here - you belong in-"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

֎✾°•.֎✾°• ✩ •°✾֎.•°✾֎

This chapter was a bit hard to write, especially with Wattpad acting up for me. It was much longer than I thought it would be.

Please comment and vote.

Question: Which house are you in? I'm in Hufflepuff.

- Luna_Moon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 472 43
Aleah Black, daughter of Sirius Black, is a beautiful and smart 7th year Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry student. A Slytherin who then adm...
527K 15.3K 49
*เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš ๐’๐‡๐„'๐’ ๐€ ๐’๐๐ˆ๐“๐‚๐‡โ”Šโ HE FINALLY CAUGHT THE SNITCH. โž โ”€โ”€โ”€ JAMES SIRIUS POTTER was not like his father. In fact, many would say that he...
215 12 4
Being Sirius Black's daughter, Diana had grown accustomed to the hushed whispers wherever she passed. Of course, the universe had to bite her because...
63.8K 1.5K 43
(I am twisting some things so don't judge.) This will include all 3 movies plus my own parts. Ophelia is the young daughter of Albus Dumbledore, the...