Chapter 6

𝕬 𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖗 𝕬𝖈𝖈𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕷𝖊𝖉 𝕿𝖔 𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖕

֎✾°•.֎✾°• ✩ •°✾֎.•°✾֎

Galiva was starting to come to the conclusion that the castle stairs hated her. Every time she would cross one so she could get to her common room or to class, they would change last minute and she would always barely save herself from tumbling twenty feet down. And then the times she thought she was going up to regular stairs, the steps would just disappear and she would have to wait for someone to come and free her as her let always got stuck.

This time was no exception. Galiva was on her way to class, adjusting her sleeves and checking her pockets to make sure Peary didn't go missing and started to walk up the stairs. By the time Galiva had realized where she was walking it was too late, and she went tumbling down as her left foot stepped on nothing but air and she slipped down. Her jaw banged painfully onto the steps above her and she hissed in pain, shutting her eyes and squeezing them as if it would get rid of the pain on her face.

"Why? Why me?! I just want to go to class!" Galiva cries. She thinks she was starting to lose it from the fifteenth time she banged her face against the steps from the past five days. She looks down at Peary who was peaking his head out of the pocket. Dazzle had decided to stay in Galiva's bed. "Did I do something? What did I do to deserve this-"

"Are you alright?"

Her shouts ceased immediately and her face reddened. Galiva really was losing it, and of course, someone had caught her when she was yelling at literally no one but her lazy bowtruckle who took the moment to disappear back down her pocket. She squeezed her eyes closed, wishing she could be anywhere but here. She slowly turned her head to see who caught her yelling and opened her eyes and was surprised to be met with Hermione Granger, staring down at her with a weird look but as well concerned.

"Um, yeah," Galiva manages to spit out as she gets nervous all of a sudden. "Just got stuck and lost it a little . . ."

For a moment, Galiva thought Hermione would just walk away, but the bushy-haired girl walked over to her, offering a hand. She stared stupidly at it as if she had just been offered a hundred galleons out of the blue before reaching up and grabbed her hand. Hermione tugs her up, and Galiva manages to free her legs from the stairs. Her face was still red and her palms were sweaty, which made it more awkward since she had grabbed Hermione's hand. She really needed to get better at her social interactions.

There was an awkward silence and Galiva just wanted to run out of there. She was rubbish when it came to starting conversations, so unless Hermione did, they were just going to stand there in thick tension for a long time.

"What happened?' Hermione asks, before freezing at her stupid question. Galiva thought nothing of it though.

"I haven't gotten used to the trick stairs yet and slipped in one. Just frustrated since it keeps happening to me." Galiva admits, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh, I can help you!" Hermione smiled and looks down at the stairs they were still standing on. "The real ones have markings on them, almost like runes. The fake ones, however, do not."

Galiva blinks, mentally wanting to bang her head against the wall. She felt like an idiot for not noticing that. She swore she could hear Peary laughing at her in her pocket.

"Oh." She frowns slightly, looking down at the stairs and noticing that the real stairs, in fact, did have runes on them, while the fake ones didn't. "I didn't know that. Thank you."

She suddenly wondered where Hermione heard of it it. Maybe her source could help Galiva avoid Hogwarts other tricks, like the trick doors. She really did hate those trick doors. She once walked into a wall because she thought it had been a door. It was a humiliating moment that only Cassiopeia witnessed, and luckily she had promised not to tell anyone.

"Where did you find that out," Galiva blurts out before she could stop herself. She clenches her fist, diverting her eyes away from Hermione. These were one of the many times that she wished she had inherited her father's confidence around people.

Hermione's eyes widen and she suddenly looks excited. "I've read it in Hogwarts, A History. It's one of my favorite books to read. It tells so much and gives so many answers. It also explains other stuff too like how boys can't go up the girl's dormitory, or how the ceiling in the Great Hall is enchanted to look like the sky outside. It even explains how . . ."

The two walked towards their next class, Hermione continuing to ramble on about the book while Galiva listened. If she had been an impatient person, she would have walked away a long time ago, but she was a patient, so she listened quietly while piping in a few times to add things. Galiva could remember the few times she had to overhear people calling Hermione a Know-It-All and she couldn't deny it, but it was kind of interesting to hear Hermione continue to ramble about random facts about Hogwarts.

When they arrived at Transfiguration, Galiva was shocked when Hermione had invited fo her to sit next to her. For the past classes, Galiva had been sitting alone in the back, unless with the Slytherin where she would sit with Cassiopeia. She smiled softly, mumbling a yes, and plopped down onto the seat next to Hermione. She couldn't help but felt like she accomplishes something.

֎✾°•.֎✾°• ✩ •°✾֎.•°✾֎

Short Chapter, but hopefully the next one will be out tomorrow or the day after. Wattpad has been glitching out on me, and my internet ended up crashing in the middle of me writing this chapter which is why it took so long to post. I hope you enjoyed it though.

Please Comment and vote, I would love to hear feedback.

Question: Who do think is the most underrated character in the series? I think Neville is too underrated.