Chapter 13

A/N: Hello lovelies! This chapter is dedicated to @foreverdescendants for being an inspiration to me. I hope you feel better soon because you are amazing, and if you ever want/need to talk, I'm here for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake and I decide to have lunch together at a cafe nearby. I absolutely love cafes. Though I don't drink coffee, I love the smell of it. And the ambiance of a cozy cafe really gets my creative thinking running. It helps a lot when I'm working on a new song or dance routine.

We walk into the cafe, closing the door to the cold winds outside. "Table for two, please," Jake tells the waitress at the front. She smiles and says, "of course, please follow me this way."

She gives us a table near the fireplace, away from the windows so it'll be warmer. I smile, taking the menu she hands us as she walks away. I look around, seeing the place decorated for the holidays. Near the back, there is a wall full of customer drawings. Many of them have been done by me, when I come to jog some ideas. "I've always loved how they put up our drawings, don't you?" I ask Jake.

He smiles and says, "yeah, remember all those times we've been here just to draw something crazy to put up there?" We both laugh at that. We order our usual, and finish our lunch while chatting about anything and everything.

As we walk into the studio from the side entrance, I see a gated area that has what looks like an ice rink, but I'm not sure. Shrugging my shoulders, I follow Jake into the building. I can find out what that is later.

"We're back!" Jake sings out.

"Welcome to today's show." Owen says. I'm so confused right now, I didn't know we were performing. "Our performers are these lovely young ladies," he continues, pointing to JJ, Maddie, and Savannah, who were dancing around the couch. At the introduction, they start singing at the top of their lungs, making everyone, including me, burst out laughing.

Everyone just messes around for a while until Mr. Ortega comes over saying, "alright, settle down kiddos."

"Maddie, Charlie, Tori, Aqua, and Jake. You three will be in a group for today, to work with me on some dance." Mr. Ortega tells us. I'm actually super excited to dance, it's been a while since I've danced with Jake. Well, it's been like a week, but that just seems so long right now.

Mr. Ortega continues assigning everyone in groups with other choreographers and assistants to help them out. Once he's finished, everyone else walks out, and we follow Mr. Ortega into the dance studio. It's the same one that I was in when I came to audition.

"Alright, so Aqua and Jake, you two have danced together before?" Mr. Ortega asks.

"Yup, we are pas de deux partners," I tell him.

"Wonderful, so I want to see you dance together. You can dance anything you want," he tells us, motioning for the others to give us some space. Everyone goes to stand in front of the mirror, watching us.

"Do you want to do the routine we'll be doing for the video?" Jake asks me.

"But we haven't rehearsed yet," I reply, starting to feel anxious.

"Hey, hey," Jake says, noticing my anxiety starting to rise. "Look at me, we'll be fine, we've done it before. Nothing new." He grabs my arms and rubs circles, trying to loosen up my tension.

I just nod, too nervous to say anything. I tell myself to stop overthinking, and try to get into the character I'm playing. I think about each movement that I'll be executing, and focus on perfection. I look back to Jake, seeing him connect his phone to the speakers. He looks at me once, silently asking if I'm ready. I nod my head, and he gives the phone to Tori, telling her to start the music when we're in position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Watch the video now, but imagine Aqua just reaching out instead of holding the door at the beginning, and they change the ending to freeze in the same position they started in, if that makes sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was so involved in my dance that I didn't notice everyone else had come in at the beginning to ask Mr. Ortega a question. I only notice them when I look back to Mr. Ortega, but I am met with 8 shocked faces just staring at us.

Charlie is the first to break the silence. "When Kenny said you were an amazing dancer, I didn't expect that."

"Yeah, here I was, trying to learn perfect harmony last season, and you go and do that! With all those crazy lift thingies that Jake was doing to you. Like, how?" Maddie says, getting forms of agreement from the others.

I just blush and laugh, walking into Jake's embrace. "This is a piece we're working on for our studio's video production thing this weekend," Jake tells them.

I hear footsteps coming near us, so I look up, moving a little so that my face isn't in Jake's chest. " I knew I made the right decision with you kids," Mr. Ortega says, beaming with pride for us. He gives us a hug, and moves back to the others to answer their questions.

I can't believe they actually liked it. You see, I have this tendency to doubt myself. My dad used to tell me that I need more self-confidence and self-esteem because I give my happiness to other people. Of course, I was a kid at the time, but he's right. Pleasing other people is just second nature to me.

Jake squeezes my side a little, making me wince in pain, and realize we were still hugging in the middle of the dance floor. I quickly cover my pain and move away from him, smiling again at the fact that everyone liked us.

He smiles back too, "I told you not to worry, Turns."

"Yeah, yeah," I blush, hating that I acted so stupidly because of my stupid anxiety.

He laughs, coming to ruffle my hair, and puts an arm over my shoulder, walking both of us back to Mr. Ortega.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: It's been too long!! I know that's my fault, and I'm sorry! Anyways, how are all my lovely readers doing? We are over 500 reads now!! Shout out to all of you who have come to read my crazy imagination. I'll try and update as soon as I can, but in the meantime, take care of yourselves and remember, you are AMAZING!

Please vote and comment. Have a wonderful afternoon! Hugs and kisses.