Twenty-Seven || Anything

Start from the beginning

The wind blew my face in all directions as I bit my bottom lip. "I..." I didn't know what to say. "I have to, Touma." My voice cracked as I spoke.

"Bullshit." He replied. "Why are you doing this?"

"I have to." I said again, this time with more sadness in my voice.

I heard him sigh. "It's for him, isn't it?" I didn't know how to answer. It suddenly felt like I couldn't speak at all. He must have taken my silence as a yes because he continued, "You were right, I guess. You are a fool." He spat. His words hurt me far more than any of the injuries my body was given.

"I'm sorry." I muttered. He didn't say anything, didn't even try to stop me as I pushed myself off the ledge.

Hugging the eyes tightly to my chest, I prayed that Kurapika was still standing there and ready to catch me. I was terrified. There was nothing scarier than falling in midair without being able to see or having any reassurance that you weren't about to fall to your death. The conversation I just had with Touma didn't help either- he sounded so betrayed, he really did trust me for me to only go and break that trust.

Eventually, I felt my body sink in to a pair of arms. The embrace was so comforting that I could cry. I kept my grip on the eyes and wrapped my other arm around Kurapika's neck, whimpering as he carried me away.

I was rushed into the backseat of a vehicle, Kurapika climbing in after me. "Step on it, Basho!" He yelled and it drove off instantly.

The container from my hands was taken away and I could feel many people talking but I was unable to process anything. So many hands were touching me, touching my face, I couldn't even tell why or by who I was being tended to. All the noises, feelings and pain were so overwhelming that I could no longer take it. My chest tightened with panic.

Hands wrapped around me once more and pulled me in to a hug. Not caring who it was, I hugged back, unable to contain both the physical and emotional pain. From how slim the person I was holding was, I assumed it was Kurapika. "Holy shit- Melody, look at her eyes!" My assumption was correct after I heard him exclaim those words.

Melody, who I hadn't realised was sitting on the other side of me, pulled my face gently to  face her direction. "(Y/N)." She said clearly. "Can you try to open your eyes?" My focus was now completely on her, I was able to easily understand her out of all the distorted sounds and feelings going through my head. Slowly, I opened my eyes and kept them open for two seconds before having to close them due to the excruciating pain. I could hear her gasp, probably shocked by how gruesome my eyes were. "Can you see anything?" She asked.

My vision wouldn't focus at all. I was completely blind in one eye and could only faintly make out some light from the other. "I can't." I choked out.

"Shit, shit, shit! This is bad..." Said Basho from the front seat.

I could hear chains clacking against each other from beside me. "I can't use my Holy Chain on her eyes until all the glass is removed." Kurapika said. "I'm sorry, (Y/N). Hold on a little longer." He said. I think it was Melody who wrapped a cloth tightly around my eyes. It helped, slightly. The pressure of the cloth eased the pain a little.

Never once throughout the whole ride did Kurapika let go of my hand. I don't remember at what point he held it but ever since then he kept the same tight grip.