Because I loved you

Start from the beginning

You've indirectly ignored him to avoid Kuroo and you feel guilty for doing so without realizing. Kozume's never done anything wrong to you personally. He was left in the dark between your breakup with Kuroo. Not knowing any better, you unintentionally cut yourself off from Kozume the way Kuroo had done to you.

Your eyes downcast to your lap. Speaking to Kozume is much easier than speaking to Kuroo. You doubt Kozume would tell your business to Kuroo without your approval.

"No. I'm feeling a bit depressed." You speak honestly and softly. Kozume quietly watches your emotions form on your face. The slight twitch of your lip forming a frown and the shadow that casts over your eyes.

Kozume looks at the watch that rests on his wrist. Making up his mind, he stands up and reaches into your car to unlock the door. You watch him walk around the front of your car and casually seats himself in your passenger seat. "Let's go window shopping." Kozume mutters the suggestion out as he buckles his seatbelt on. "You still need inspiration for a wedding dress, right? Could I help?"

You look at Kozume in bewilderment, blinking several times. Squinting your eyes at the person beside you, you part your lips to speak. "You...You want to look at wedding dresses with me? It's not going to be exciting or anything. Besides, don't you have other things to do? I don't want to intru-"

"Y/N." Kozume speaks your name curtly. His steely golden eyes looks directly at you. "I'll make time for you Y/N, even if I'm busy. Did you forget I said that?"

Pursing your lips, you feel the need to look away from him. But you couldn't.

"I thought you were just loosely speaking. Like how Asa-" You cut your words off and bite the tip of your tongue.

Kozume catches a hint to what possibly may be causing Y/N to be depressed.

So it has something to do with Azumane.

Kozume steers the conversation away when he pulls up his phone to search up the surrounding wedding dress stores in Tokyo. "There's surprisingly only a handful of wedding dress shops here. I would've thought there would be more in a busy city like this."

"I don't think a wedding dress is a hot demand compared to video games." You reverse the car out of the parking spot while you speak to Kozume.

"I guess that's true." Kozume taps his screen a few times to open up the address into his GPS. He connects his phone through the Bluetooth of your car. The two of you comfortably discuss about the progress of his game while you drive to the first location.

🏐・゚゚・。.

Upon entering the first wedding dress store, you come out empty handed for inspiration. The second one was no better. The two of you walk side by side to the last location for the day. It's gotten so late already with the sun slowly setting in the horizon between tall buildings.