Chapter 1 - Prelude

This is the story of a young boy who's emotions conflict with what society expects of him.  who's emotions will drive him to near suicide due to separation anxiety. To get to where we end up, we must start at the beginning, when the chain of events leading to this moment began.

Sherwin was arriving on the schoolground early, which was usual for him. He would often do this, and then duck behind a tree to watch his crush arrive, and this day was no different. He climbed up the tree that He could always be found before school started. He would just sit there and watch his crush walk past. This was par for the course with most Pre-teen's, only things were slightly different for Sherwin. He was a closeted gay, and he often had to hide his sexuality from the rest of the school. His crush, Jonathan, had black, somewhat styled hair, and dark skin. One thing Led to another and Sherwin's heart became sentient and jumped into Jonathan's hand. As Sherwin tried to retrieve his now anthropomorphic heart, multiple awkward meetings with Jonathan occurred, leading to an incident in the locker bay as Sherwin grabbed his heart, and his heart latched onto Jonathan. At that moment, Sherwin was outed. almost the entire school saw Sherwin's true colours. 

Sherwin's heart tried desperately to maintain its hold on Jonathan, eventually breaking as Sherwin pulled away. Jonathan would later head outside to repair Sherwin's heart. They would proceed to become boyfriends after that. 

Some years pass, and the school becomes accustomed to having a gay couple amongst their students. Sherwin and Jonathan were propelled into popularity, alongside the sentient heart. Sherwin no longer ran in hear to hide behind a tree when Jonathan arrived, instead embracing him. Together, they would serve as a beacon to anyone who was uncomfortable with their Sexuality. They would start a support group for those who identified as LGBTIQ+, and many students would see improving grades as they became more comfortable in their skin.