1

Hi, this is my first book. I think it will be around 7 parts. English isn't my first language, so there is a change the grammar isn't great. I hope you still enjoy this little story.
Joe

Well it's time, Daan thinks. It was 4 weeks before the start of the Women's World Cup 2019 in France. She was ready to start and couldn't wait to see her Dutch teammates, but it was a exited feeling with a sad feeling too. She has to say goodbye to Beth, Beth was also going to the wwc in France with the Lionesses. She was so proud, but also it means that they didn't see eachother for more than 6 weeks. Now it was time to pick a plane and fly to Holland.

2 weeks back

'Morning' Daan says, It was 7 am, Beth turns around to face Daan. She gave her a morning kiss, 'Morning, slept well?' 'Yeah, you?' Daans ask back. 'Not really, kept thinking and thinking', she told Daan. Daan saw how nervous her girl was so she gave her a kiss. Today Beth get an e-mail of she is in the squad for the World Cup or not. They leave the bed to make some breakfast and put some clothes on. Beth take a little later place at te couch, Daan joins her a few minutes before 8 am. It was only 5 minutes away, is she going to her first World Cup or will she just put her girlfriends national team shirt on to support her in the stadiums. Daan was looking at Beth, she had told Beth a million times 'Beth don't be nervous, I bet you are going. You played so good this year, and your goal last week was just amazing.' A few minutes later Beth speak up, 'I got it'. 'You want to read it by yourself or shall I read it for you?' 'I want to do it, I think', Beth told Daan. Daan was looking at Beth, when her eyes watching her phone. It was a moment of silence, but then there was a smile on Beth's face. 'I'm going to my first World Cup Daan!', she yells and get up from the couch to jump around the house. There was a sight of relieve for Daan, she get also up and give Beth a big hug. She was so proud of her girl, she works so so hard to became part of the squad and now she was in the wwc squad. Beth was very happy and spinning around with Daan in her arms. 'I'm going to win when we play against you in France', she told Daan. 'We shall see girl, but there is something I wanna say to you.', Daan says a little bit more serious. Beth looked at Daan and was curious. 'Well, just wanna say how proud I am of you. You worked so hard and now you are going to the World Cup and I think that if you can just do what you did in the last 6 months that you are going to play many minutes there. Ik ben trots op je en ik hou van jou!', Daan told Beth. This moment was to much for Beth so she let go of her tears she was holding after she had read the email. She gave Daan a hug and a slow kiss, 'Dankjewel Daan, ik hou ook van jou'. Daan was looking at Beth who was still in total disbelief about earlier. 'Beth maybe it's time to call your parents and Ben?' 'Oo, yeah. I think they want to know too', says Beth. She already forget to let her family know. She sit on the couch with Daan next to her, she get her phone and facetime her mum. 'Hey mam, hey dad, hey Bennie' 'Hi girl, and?', her mum ask. "I'm in Mum!', Beth tells them with a smile. A lot of screams and claps came from the phone, her family was so proud and actually couldn't wait to watch Beth at the World Cup. They talk some more about the great news and Beth had to call her best friends, who were of course proud of her too. After that Daans speaks up, 'Did you have time to call my parents babe?'. 'Yeah, of course'. 'Hee mam', Daan says. 'Hi Daan, where is Beth?' Daan turns the phone to Beth. 'Gefeliciteerd Beth, wij zijn super trots op je!', told Daans mum Beth. Beth couldn't wish for something else that moment, Daans parents were always so sweet to her and this means everything to her. '.... Dankjewel', Beth try to say more, but was just to suprised. Daan saw this so she gave her a side hug and a kiss on her cheek. 'Very proud of you Beth, but I still support Daan when you play against eachother', Daans dad says. The result was a lot of laughter from both sides of the phone.

'Well this is it Daan, we both go to the World Cup 2019', Beth speaks up during lunch. 'Jep I actually couldn't believe it yet'. 'Yeah same for me, but I think it's gonna happen', Beth return. 'Uhh I know you expected a present, but you got one tomorrow on your birthday. I hope that's oké?', Daan ask. 'Yeah, I actually didn't expect 2 presents in 2 days, so don't worry Daan. Lets just call Leah to congratulate her for making it to the team', Beth says. 'Yeah', Daan say. This was it, they are going to the World Cup together, but on two different teams.

Present

It was almost time to go to the airport for Daan, Beth would drop her of and will drive to her family. They were watching a movie while they were cuddling on the couch. 'Daan'. 'Yeah, what's wrong babe?', Daan ask. 'Just that you know that there will be a chance that maybe I will cry at the airport later today.', she says honestly. 'It's okay Beth, but then there are tears with me as well.', she says while she tightened her arms around Beth. Beth give her a kiss, she wanted to stop the time for a minute. She will not see her girl for at least six weeks. It is going to be hard, but her dream was always to play at a World Cup so that's what she will thinking all the time when she miss Daan.

'Beth I think it's time to go.', Daan says a little bit gently not sure if she was ready for the farewell. 'Yeah that's okay, let's go then'. They get the last bags from the table and walk to the car. Beth was the driver and Daan take a place at the passenger seat. During the drive there wasn't much talk, both were sad to leave eachother for so long. At the airport they get the suitcases of Daan and walks to the check in desks. After Daan was done it was time to say goodbye. 'Okay Beth this is it then', Daan says. She saw tears already coming up when she looked in her blue eyes. She wiped them away while saying, 'Beth you are going to your first World Cup and I know that you will do amazing, just enjoy every minute of it and gave everything every day', Daan told her girl. 'Thankyou Daan, i will!', when she gave Daan a hug. 'For you to girl, just enjoy every minute with your teammates and I hope we didn't meet eachother soon, because that means one of our teams didn't do it well out there', Beth told Daan. 'Thanks Beth, I am proud of you and I love you', Daan says while giving Beth another hug and kiss. 'Dankjewel Daan, ik hou ook van jou en ben trots op je!', Beth says very proud, because she speaks some Dutch words. A smile formed on Daan her face. 'Bye Beth, already miss you!', she says when walking away from Beth. 'Miss you to, bye'.

Well it's okay, Daan think when waiting at the gate a little later. She was so happy to go home and see her family for two days and after that the World Cup preparations finally begin. She was looking forward to the tournament, her team was playing very good the last months and of course 2 years ago they were the winners of the WEUROS. And with Beth, she will miss her madly, but they will call very much and watch all of eachothers games on the tv.

Beth was thinking the same when she was driving home to her family, she was so exited for the World Cup. It was always her dream to play for her country at a big tournament. Just two days with family and then the preparations begin. Of course she was going to miss Daan, but she was very happy she can see al of her games on the tv. For now, focus on the Women's World Cup 2o19 in France!