9

Daan was so disappointed, of course it was the USA, I mean the biggest country in women's football. But it still hurts, they were in the final, so close to be world champion. They made there rounds across the field to thank the fans for their amazing support this tournament. After the award ceremony they made their way inside, back to the dressing room. It was quite, everyone was thinking how close they were. Of course the manager and some players told the group to be proud, but it was hard for the team.

Beth and Daans family were disappointed and felt sorry for Daan. She worked so hard and she played a final, so close to be world champion. After the game and the award ceremony they make their way inside to the family area. That's were the girls from the team will come after their showers and interviews. Beth was waiting with Daans family, while she was looking at her phone. She had send a text to Daan straight after the game, 'Zo zo trots op jou!'. Daan just send her a text back, '😘'. She waited impatiently while she sits on a seat with Amé. When Daan was ready she went upstairs to see her family. She couldn't wait to give them al a big hug. She saw her parents straight away when she entered the room. She walks to them and give first her mum and then her dad a hug. After them she was looking for Beth and Evi, her mum pointed at a couch where Beth is sitting with Amé. Then Daan realized it and walks to Beth, Beth saw Daan and tells Amé. Amé runs to Daan and she picks the little girl up. Beth smiled at the sight, finally there is her girl. Daan put Amé to the ground and walks to Beth, because that was all who she can think about right know. Beth stand up from the coach and give Daan a big hug. There it all felt right for Daan, of course she just had lost a World Cup final. It will hurt for a while, but this moment she can only think about how much she missed this girl. Beth couldn't think, she was so happy to have Daan in her arms again. Their moment came to an end when Amé was saying Daan her name a few times. Daan gave Beth a fast kiss on her cheek and ends the hug, picking up the little girl. 'I am so proud of you Daan, trots op jou', Beth says. 'Thank you hun', Daan says while giving her girl a side hug. Evi, her husband and Daans parents were all standing together now. Daan gave Evi en her husband a hug before standing the close to Beth. They talked about the game, about the atmosphere and Beth her game yesterday. Beth and Daan talks with Lieke and Jackie. 'You played a great tournament Beth, you enjoyed your first one?', Jackie says. 'Yeah, it was pretty cool. Enjoyed every moment I think. A little bit sad that it's over now, but also happy to go home and go on holiday with this one, because I missed her very much', Beth says while giving Daan a side hug. 'Yeah I can image. Feeling the same, it's time for some family time, but gonna miss this girls', Jackie says. 'Ahh Jackie, will miss you to', Daan told her. They talked some more about the tournament with the girls and Daan her family, but then it was time to leave for the girls. Daan says goodbye to her family and walks with Beth to the hallway, so they have a little more privacy. 'Babe I am so proud of you, you won a silver medal on the World Cup, you know?', Beth says while giving her a hug and hold her hands. 'Well, I can't believe it yet, but it helps when I see this medal', Daan told her. 'It sucks that we will be again apart for a few days', Beth says sad. 'Yeah, but you need to go back to your family. They wanted to see you.', Daan told Beth. 'Yeah I know, same for you. I think everyone is so proud of you'. 'Well it is only 3 days and then you are back in Holland and time for our holiday.', Daan says. Of course she was sad about it, but Beth need to go home. Her family wants to see her. 'Yess, well I think it is time to go', Beth says. 'Come here, I am so proud of you babe. Can't wait to spent time with each other, only us', Daan says while giving Beth a big hug and a kiss. Well, that was what she also missed this months, the random kisses form Beth. 'Love you Daan, super trots op jou! Already counting the days' 'Give your family a hug from me and tell them I will come soon to see them' 'I will. Love you Dani', Beth says while walking to the exit, she already had said goodbye to Daan her family. 'Love you Beffy', Daan turns around back to the room to pick her bags. She walks with them to the bus, just 3 days Daan, 3 days is nothing.