7

Beth was ready, she had Daan her shirt on from de euro final in 2017. Of course there was still a bit disappointing about her game yesterday, but of course she will support her girl. She was in a room with some of her teammates, Steph, Ellen, Leah and some others. They all wanted to see the game, because they will play against the team who loses. She was looking at Daan with proud during the national anthems, both of them played at a semi final in the World Cup, the biggest stage of women's football. When Groenen make the winning goal, Beth jumped up and started clapping. She was so happy for the girls, some of her teammates were standing to. 'That was an amazing goal', Steph says. After the game Beth was so proud of Daan, she will play again in a final, but now a World Cup final. 'Better we didn't have to play against Holland, the girls know us very good.', Leah says. The other girls agreed, a lot of girls have played or still play in the WSL and most of the girls in the England team play there to. Leah gave Beth a hug while saying, 'You are proud of Daan he? I can see it'. 'Yeah, so proud, but also relieved that one of us still make it all the way to the final'. When the girls went to their own room, Beth send a messages to Daan. 'Woohoo Daan, you are gonna play a World Cup final. So happy for you, enjoy the party, because you played an amazing game. Call me when you have time, love you!'.

When Daan were on the bus back to the hotel she had finally some time to text her family and friends back, in the dressing room she already saw that she had many messages. First of course was her sister, Evi had seen the game at home with little Amé. She had send a picture of Amé with a Holland shirt pointing at Daan on the tv screen. After she had send a text back she search for Beth. When she read the text, some tears were coming up. She thinks about Beths face yesterday when she called her after the match. She knows the girl is still sad about her game, so she knows how hard it was to be happy for her. She send a small text back, knowing she will call her when she was back in her room. 'Thank you, love you!', she had send to Beth.

A little later Daan was back in her room, she had already send some texts to her best friends and family. So it was time to call Beth over FaceTime. When she saw her on the screen a smile formed on her face. She saw Beth with her orange shirt lying in her bed. 'He Daan, you are going to play a World Cup final', Beth shouted to her. Which makes Daan laugh, 'yeah I actually can't believe it yet.' 'Yeah, I can imagine. You played such a great game Daan. So proud of you.' 'Thanks babe, I think it went well yeah', Daan says thinking about her game. They talked some more about the game when Daan ask at some moment something. 'Do you think there is a change you can come to the final?', she says softly. Beth had already thought about this of course. She will ask it tomorrow Steph and if she thought it will be okay she wanted to ask it Phill. 'Uhh yeah I don't know, I was going to ask it Steph tomorrow, if she thinks it's okay I will ask Phill', she says while looking in Daan her eyes. 'Okay yeah that's okay, what do you think?'. 'I don't know, but our tournament is over so hopefully we have nothing after the game. We will see, I keep you up to date. Do you have a ticket for me?', Beth says. 'Yes of course I have a ticket for you, you know there is no other person I wanted to be there?', Daan says seriously. 'Well I wanted to believe you, but you know that are you parents.' 'Yeah you are right, but ... you meant so much to me Beth. Just that you know that.' 'I know Daan and you meant more to me and that's why I am so proud of you', Beth told Daan. 'Thanks Beffy, I am proud of you to. I mean you played a semi final at the age of 24, I can't say that.' 'Yeah that's true', Beth says which make both of them smiling.

The next day during breakfast Beth had asked Steph if she could ask her something in the lobby after breakfast. It was okay, so now was the time, she was still a bit nervous. What if she didn't think it is a good idea. Wel just ask her Beth she is your friend, she thought. 'Well, you know Daan reach the final. Do you think I can watch the game in Lyon?', she asked insecure. 'I already thought you wanna ask that. I think you can, if I am right we only have interviews after the game. So if I am right you can take a plane to Lyon the morning of the final', Steph says. 'Yeah? You think? Well that would be amazing!', Beth says happy. 'But I am not sure, you need to ask Phill.' 'I will I will, but I wanna asked you first', Beth told Steph. Later that day Beth made her way to Phill, again. She went in his room, while saying 'Hi Phill, I wanna ask you something about the final in Lyon sunday'. 'That's okay tell me' 'Well, if there is nothing planned after our final game. It would be amazing to go to Lyon to watch the final.', Beth says softly. 'Okay, then I think I can tell you that you can be there. You wanna watch Daan right?', Phill ask. 'Yeah, but if I will miss anything I won't go.', Beth says. 'I understand, well we have nothing. We just fly back home that day and you guys fly from there to home'. 'Okay, is it okay if I fly that morning to Lyon?, Beth ask. 'Yeah, that's okay. I knew you would come to me with this question, so I already booked a ticket for you to Lyon on 7 juli, 9:30.', he says with a smile. 'You're kidding right?', Beth couldn't believe he did this for her. 'Nope, I send your ticket tonight.' 'Woah thank you so much Phill, you can't make me happier than this', Beth says. 'Just score tomorrow and get that bronze medal' 'I will, we will', Beth says. Okay this is amazing she will tell Daan tonight.

'Hé babe', Beth says when she saw Daan her face. 'He girl, did you ask Phill?', she says. 'Yeah, i did' 'and?' 'I think I need a new jersey, because I am going to see my girlfriend play in a World Cup final', she says excited. 'No way, you coming?', Daan says with a face she can't believe it yet. 'Yep, I can fly in the morning to Lyon. So I will be there exact on time for your final', Beth says with a smile. 'Yes, I can't believe it. Did you already have a ticket for the plane?' 'Yeah, Phill booked one. He knows that I was going to come to him to ask if I can see you playing so he already booked one.' 'Oo okay that's very nice of him.', Daan says surprised. 'Jep, I know.' 'Well, it's amazing, but first your game tomorrow, you are gonna play he?', Daan already saw it how Beth reacted and she smiled the whole time. 'Yeah, so happy I can play the last game of the tournament.' 'I know, happy for you. Also happy I can finally see you in two days', Daan says. 'Yeah can't wait to see you girl, hopefully you have a golden medal' 'We will see, but do you also want to see me with a silver medal', Daan ask. 'Yeah of course, I mean I have a bronze or nothing so you are the best.' 'Well, very proud of you to hun', Daan says with a smile. They talked some about the upcoming games and said goodbye.

The next morning the family came to see the girls from Holland. So Daan told them about Beth. That she is coming to the game tomorrow. She had her shirt from the semi final with her to give it to Evi, because Beth will watch the game with her and she knew her girl wanted a new shirt. Her parents, Evi and her husband were there with little Amé, this make Daan so happy. She always played for her family, so knowing that they were their is amazing. Also her girlfriend and her best friend will be their is the best. She can't wait to play a World Cup final!