A&N - 1

The Khan haveli (mansion) was decorated like a bride. You could hear the sounds of laughter in every corner of the house. Small kids were running here and there having their fun, while all the ladies of the house were making sure all the decorations were ready, while some were busy checking if all the laddos (a type of Indian sweet) and other sweet dishes were kept on their right places with the right quantity or not.

All the men of the house were making sure the arrangements were done properly as it was the wedding of Nawab Shoaib Saif Khan, son of Nawab Saif Azad Khan. Shoaib is getting married to the love of his life, Maira.

Among everyone else, a beautiful young girl was wearing a royal blue salwar (Indian traditional dress) with a slit in the middle and high neck, adorned with embroidery with royal blue plain pants and a dupatta(veil) covering her head loosely. There was a mang tikka (Headpiece) on her head and golden and royal blue bangles adorned her wrists creating soft noise from their clinking to each other.

This young girl was none other than Nazia Asif Khan, who was making her way towards her taayi ammi (Father's elder brother's wife), Faiza Begum with a plate full of barfi (sweet) to give her as she ordered her to do

This young girl was none other than Nazia Asif Khan, who was making her way towards her taayi ammi (Father's elder brother's wife), Faiza Begum with a plate full of barfi (sweet) to give her as she ordered her to do. "Taayi ammi, here are the barffies that you ordered. Where should I keep them?"

She asked her taayi ammi while pointing at the rather heavy plate of barffies. "Keep them on that table over there and go see if all the girls are yet ready or not and also tell Shoaib that I am calling him as we have to leave soon." "Jee, abhi jate hai."

("Okay, I'll go now")

Saying that she left from there to check on all her cousins to see if they are yet ready or not. While going to her cousin's room she met Adnan, her taaya abbu's (Father's elder brother) youngest son and told him to check on Shoaib and to tell him that taayi ammi is calling him as it is getting late and they should leave their house now, to go to the bride's house for the marriage. She resumed her journey to her cousin's room after telling Adnan.

When she entered her cousin, Azia's room she saw that Amara, her 18-year-old cousin was still getting ready. "Tayaar hone mein kitna time lagta hai maharani ji... ek ghante se zyada time ho gaya jabse tayaar ho rahi hai aap, abhi tak nahi hua?"

("How much time does it take to get ready, your highness? It's already been more than an hour since you started getting ready, aren't you done yet?")

Nazia said to Amara while going to sit beside Azia and Shazia on the bed. "Ohho appi, aaj mere pyaare Shoaib bhaijaan ka Nikkah hai, I must look my best." Amara replied in a 'duh' tone. Making all the three ladies, to shake their heads at her, as she always just needs an excuse to get ready.

("Ohho sis, today my lovely brother, Shoaib is getting married")

After Amara got ready, which took more than 10 minutes they hurried down the stairs as their taayi ammi was calling them for the third time. Getting downstairs they quickly sat in the car and started going towards the bride's house, with Arham.