S&A - 6

It was a pleasant morning with the sun shining its rays in the room. The room looked like a married couple's room, with the wife's belonging scattered on the dressing table, her makeup, jewelry, and all. While the small desk in the room was filled with the husband's office work.

The only amis thing in this beautiful view was the husband-wife sleeping separately. The husband, Shahzain could be seen sleeping uncomfortably on the small couch, his legs hanging out of the couch, resting on the couch hand. While on the other hand, his little wife was sleeping alone in the King sized bed lost in her dreamland.

As soon as the first ray of light hit Shahzain's face, his eyes opened. He could not wait for the night to be over as he felt uncomfortable on the couch, and why won't he, how could a 6'1 man fit on a couch of 5'7?

This arrangement had started since day one, and looking at his wife sleeping peacefully reminded him of that fateful night vividly.

*Flashback*

Aaleyah had just come out of the restroom after changing, she saw her hours-old husband sitting on the side of the bed with his back facing her, his legs down.

"Um... Shahzain, mein bhale hi is rishte ko chance dene ke liye maan gai hu, but mein abhi apke sath bed share nahi kar sakti" Aaleyah voiced out her thoughts when she gained his attention by calling him.
(Um.. Shahzain I might have agreed to give this relationship a chance but I am not ready to share the bed with you)

Hearing her, Shahzain felt little pain in his heart, 'he hurt her so much that she can't even be with him on the same bed?' the answer that he got back from his subconscious was positive. So, seeing her take a pillow from the bed and make her way to the couch, he could not let her sleep there.

"Aaleyah, tumhe waha sone ki koi zarurat nahi hai, ye meri galti hai ki you don't feel comfortable in sharing the bed with me, to mein hi couch pe sounga" With that Shahzain took the pillow from her hand and removed an extra quilt from the closet and slept on the couch keeping his arm over his eyes, so he does not see her and be tempted to go sleep beside her.
(Aaleyah you find have to sleep there, it's my fault that you are not comfortable sharing the bed with me, so I will be the one to sleep on the couch)

*Flashback over*

Since that day, or better yet night, they have been sleeping separately, it has already been a week. Sighing he got up and made his way toward the washroom. Looking at his reflection he could not help but sigh again. His eyes looked very tired, with slight dark circles visible underneath them. He would unknowingly sleep in his cabin for the past two days, the reason why his eye bags were not prominent yet.

The project he was working on needed all his attention not letting him have much rest and every night sleeping on that uncomfortable couch did not help either, but he had to endure it as long as his sweet wife does not forgive him. And we'll till this hectic project continues, alas it will take more than a month for it to end.

Shaking his head he started getting ready. Coming out of the washroom he made his way to the closet with a towel around his waist as he knew his dear wife would still be asleep by now, as it was just 6:30 am. Getting dressed he came out of the closet to see his little wife standing in front of the open balcony doors taking in the fresh air, he looked at the time and yes it was just 6:40, why was she awake so early?

"Aaleyah? Aaj itni jaldi uth gai?" Aaleyah turned at that, the sight in front of her made her breath hitch, and why won't it, she was looking at her husband properly after nearly one week.
(Aaleyah? You woke up so early?)

The day after their wedding, the family got the news that the project Shahzain was trying to get even from America, was successfully his, but he had to start working on it soon, as there was no time to be wasted. Since that day her husband's working hours were just increasing, he would always leave before seven in the morning, before she woke up, and come home only during the time of dinner.