X.

╔═══════꧁꧂═══════╗

"I'm sorry about how I acted before, I've reflected and I realized that my behavior was wrong and for that I'm gravely sorry."

I hung my head down, my eyes locking with his for a second then returning to the ground again. I felt as if my body could go limp, causing me to crash on the ground or tumble into his arms.

I always felt weak around him, it was something that scared me.

I hated feeling weak.

"It's fine, this just feels complicated for me." Tewksbury sighed and sat down on the floor directly across from me.

"Same for me," I paused, "but what exactly do you mean by that?" I questioned him, eager to know what he was feeling.

"Well," he gulped and straightened his posture. "I like you."

My eyes grew wide at his words.

"As in friendship or as in like, like?"

I know this seemed like a stupid question but I just wanted to know for sure.

"As in like, like Ophelia," Tewksbury laughed. "Although I do enjoy our friendship as well."

"Oh," I smiled to myself, confused about what to do with this information.

I liked Tewksbury too, he had to have caught on to that already. It's just what happens after liking.

"I talked with Caterina the other day, she certainly had a lot to say about you."
He laughed.

Great.

"Good or bad?" I sighed, almost annoyed.

"I don't know, that depends to whoever is hearing the information." He shrugged, leaning further into the wall.

"I see," I huffed out.

"You're a bit of a mystery Ophelia?" Tewksbury leaned forward, examining me.

"What on earth do you mean by that?"
I laughed out, almost offended by the statement.

"Well for starters, you hate me one second and then you tell me you like me the next. But then when I do anything remotely close to complimenting you, you either shut down or pretend like it never happened. You act annoyed with everyone around you yet you're observant of them. Like you'd collapse without them yet hardly acknowledge their existence. It's just all, confusing."

I wasn't going to allow myself to take all of that as an insult, rather Tewksbury was just being curious and concerned.

"I don't know," I sighed. "I've just come to realize that it's hard for me to accept other people, so I just pretend that they're lower than me which is an awful thing to do. I'm a rather vain person but I don't try to be, it just happens."

I rolled my eyes at myself.

"I'm working on it, how to be kind and genuine. How to deal with my feelings, it's not like I hate anyone, I just do things," I took a breath. "I do things to protect myself, so I don't get hurt. Yet it always seems to backfire, might not be the most efficient way."