Just a Pawn

Motherhumping moofjuice!

It was obvious by the shocked look on Ren's face that he wasn't aware of this arrangement. Lady Sorel, however, was aware, but judging the hurt look on her face when she noticed Ren's abhorrence of the marriage idea, informed me she was just a pawn in this game.

"The Joining Ceremony will take place in one week onboard The Supremacy. Supreme Leader Snoke himself will be in attendance. Everyone here tonight is invited and expected to attend," Hux prattled on. His smug countenance screamed victory. I was tempted to Force-choke him just to wipe that arrogant look from his face.

Ren had reverted to his emotionless facade, eyes empty, probably plotting how he would disembowel Hux at the first opportunity. He wouldn't even look at me.

"Commander Ren doesn't appear happy about his engagement. She's a beautiful woman, so he will probably change his mind about being happy on their wedding night." The voice came from the table next to us. A total stranger had just managed to eviscerate my heart.

After Hux finished the announcement, he began milling about the room and speaking to different dignitaries from different worlds. Before he could make it to our table, I excused myself to the refresher again. I was about to cry, my sanity hanging by a thread.

I saw the game now that Snoke played, maybe not the whole board, but I recognized many of the players. Most of us were just pawns to be used and discarded, hopefully with as much irreparable emotional damage as possible. He was a true monster manipulating and destroying people's lives for his own advancement and no doubt twisted amusement.

Almost making it to the foyer, I heard a clipped voice state, "Wait, Princess. I'd like to know your thoughts on the joyful news." I stopped motionless, but didn't turn around. I knew I would break and refused to allow him to see me that weak. My posture was already hunched over, but that was the only defeat I would acquiesce the smarmy bastard.

"That's enough," a deep voice stated. Ren had stalked up behind Hux. Although, the thought of confronting Hux made me sick, the thought of looking Ren in the eye terrified me.

"Oh, Ren. What does it matter? Snoke had already told me he was going to allow you to keep the princess as a mistress as long as she didn't interfere with your creation of heirs with your wife. Just think, maybe you can get them to fuck you at the same time."

As I turned, I saw Hux's eyes bulge out and his hands fly to his throat. The mask of rage Ren displayed could frighten a rancor.

No, Ren. You will doom yourself and Snoke will kill us both.

It was a long moment before Ren relented. Regaining his composure, Hux straightened his uniform while he gasped for air. Looking around to see who witnessed the embarrassing incident, he brought his line of vision back to me instead of Ren.

Narrowing my eyes, I spoke with a controlled voice, not one that matched the desperation I felt. "You take so much pleasure in hurting others, especially when you are envious of what they have. It's pathetic. You want me for yourself, but you're not man enough. In fact, I would rather share Ren with another woman than spend one moment in the displeasure of your company. I would say fuck you Hux, but that will never happen."

Walking away from them both, heart fracturing, I returned to my father and asked if I could be excused back to his quarters.

"Certainly darling. Actually, I believe we are all ready to retire for the evening," Father answered.

Bonam and Admiral Kensit concurred. As we trudged toward the foyer, my father asked, "Darling, is everything okay? Please don't lie to me. I know something is going on between you, General Hux and Commander Ren, something that is making you unhappy."