35 | a close friend

"Don't fucking move," Karen says as she puts the small fake diamonds on my cheekbones.

Karen did my makeup for the party and also helped me with the clothes. I'm not wearing any eyeshadow, she said that only white eyeliner would look good. My lips are a bit glossy while my cheekbones are full of glitter and diamonds, but enough to make it look good.

"Done," she says, pride showing on her face.

I haven't looked at myself in the mirror because Kay didn't let me. She wanted this to be a big surprise. I just know what she did to my face from what she has decided to tell me.

She steps away to look at me with a grin. "You look so fucking hot."

I roll my eyes back. "You're just bluffing."

"Just look at yourself in the mirror." She huffs, grabbing my wrists to pull me to stand up. She drags me across the room until my back is facing the mirror. "Don't turn around yet." She warns me, going back to the desk to grab my ring.

I chuckle to myself. I look like an angel dressed in all white, and I know that Harry's gonna love it.

"You know what's ironic?" I ask Kay.

"What?" She walks back to stand in front of me, grabbing my index finger to put the ring on. "You can turn around now."

I begin to slowly turn around as I speak, "That Harry called me his angel the ot-"

My reflection knocks the air out of my lungs. Since I haven't buttoned my white large blazer yet, I can still see the white bralette I'm wearing as a top and the white leather skirt wrapped around my hips. The white bralette is pushing my boobs together to make them look even better while the skirt is doing its thing by making my ass look hot. The white blazer is long though, and it's covering half of my ass.

What Karen did to my face is amazing. She did my makeup before I even got dressed and then she put the diamonds on my cheekbones. And also seeing my curly hair cascading down my shoulders is leaving me... speechless.

I didn't think I'd look this good.

The blazer might be covering half of the outfit but it's making me wanna go out like this anyway — this shit is making me feel confident.

And I can't wait to see Harry's face. I mean if it left me speechless, how is it gonna leave him?

I look back at Kay with a grin on my face. "I-I look good," I stutter, biting my lower lip.

"Of course, you do, sweetie." She says through the smile on her face.

I look back at my reflection, admiring myself. Why am I always so afraid to wear this kind of clothes? I know it's because I always feel everyone's gazes on me and I think it's because I look bad or something.

But tonight, everyone can stare at me, because I look hot as fuck.

"Are you gonna wear heels?" Karen asks, looking at me through the mirror, and I shake my head. "Come on, Venus, it'd look even better."

"No, I want to feel comfortable," I tell her, turning back around to face her. "I'm already stepping out of my comfort zone with this outfit, and I think my white sneakers would help make me feel more like myself."

She nods her head and thankfully stops insisting on the heels. She'll be the only one from both of us wearing heels tonight. We're kinda wearing the same pieces of clothes but in different colours, because that's what she wanted. Even though she's not gonna wear a blazer like I am.

Karen's wearing a dark red bralette with a black leather skirt. Her legs are wrapped in fishnet tights while a black choker is wrapped around her neck that kinda looks like a belt. She decided to also wear some chains around her hips, and she also picked dark colours for her makeup, mainly red. Dark red lipstick on her lips while her eyeshadow is also the same red colour. Her black eyeliner though is forming her eyes in a different shape, but she still looks the same and it kinda suits her. She didn't put glitter on her face though because after all, she wanted me to look like the light while she's the darkness. It was her idea even though these are not some kind of costumes.