5. Flirtatious But Annoying

~~~~

~~~~

It felt like an eternity, but we all made it through another day. And for me, my first day. I gathered my books, clutching them tightly to my chest, feeling somewhat happy I finally can go home after seven hours. Shuffling through the hallway one final time, I reached my locker to grab my backpack. Getting through was tough, but with a squeeze, I pushed myself out the front doors to the school.

I had to take the subway home, so there was absolutely no time to waste if I wanted to get home early. Just as I stepped down the last stair leading up to the school, I was instantly met with the face of my rescuer from this morning.

"Well, hello," I greeted.

"Hi," Peter answered, almost in a high pitched tone. To make up for it, he cleared his throat and moved on to asking me a question. "How was your first day here?"

"It was good," I answered, tightening the strap of my backpack.

"Cool, cool."

He stayed with me as we both casually walked into the courtyard as other students stood chatting or waiting for their ride home. Peter and I made our way down a second flight of stairs where the football field and the sidewalk were separated by the road.

"Do you take the subway home too?" I asked, turning my head.

"What? Oh, yeah, I do. But I only take the one on 5th-"

As we crossed the road, a Cadillac suddenly sped up, causing the both of us to run to the other side like the literal chicken-crossing-the-road joke. The person behind the wheel slowed down to laugh at the both of us, or Peter specifically.

"'Sup, Parker!" He said, laughing once more as he sped off. I was pissed.

"Yeah... 'Sup," Peter replied, but not enthusiastically.

"What the hell!" I yelled after the car, incredulous. "You could've run us over!"

The Cadillac was already gone, so I couldn't swear at him and criticize his actions. My attention was directed back to Peter, who stared at me with a surprised expression.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"I think you just became my favorite person," Peter replied, a smile beginning to grow as he bit his bottom lip in between his teeth.

I let out a sarcastic laugh. I had only known him for a day and he already says I'm his favorite. That was iconic. Unfortunately, our fun moment was ruined when Peter looked out to the football field, sighing as he reluctantly faced me once again.

"Anyway, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I smiled and nodded. "Definitely."

Peter returned the smile, shoving his hands in his pockets as he backed away, then facing forward to walk across the football field. I gripped onto the strap of my backpack, smiling to myself as I turned to walk in a different direction. However, someone was blocking my path. That someone was the unusual Harry Osborn. I let out a small gah! as I jumped at the sudden sight bewildered before me. Harry laughed, making up for it by apologizing.