IG-11 starts to get over whelmed with shots, Din runs over to the E-Web as Kit stands before the droid, twisting and turning to block the shots from hitting him, one grazes her arm and she stumbles back gritting her teeth.

Din shoots the E-Web at the Stormtroopers in front of them, Kit looks back at him, nodding her head in thanks.

A trooper blows the door knocking Cara over as the blast hits her form the inside, she fights them from the inside as Moff Gideon walks back out.

Kit spots him, moving her lightsabre from her left hand to her right as she gets a better grip she stalks towards him, he raises his blaster hitting Din in the back of the head before Kit can block it.

She grabs her own blaster firing it at him but he dodges it, Moff Gideon turns to her firing his blaster at her but she blocks every shot.

She reaches her hand out using the Force to lift him in the air, he struggles for breath as she tightens her grip around his neck, lifting the blaster he fires a shot which misses her by miles, but it hits right where he wanted to.

An explosion behind her makes her lose her focus and drop Moff Gideon, she turns just in time to see Din get knocked back by the explosion.

Forgetting the man behind her as she runs towards him calling out for him, she drops beside him, hissing as the heat of the armour burns her skin, "Cover me!" She yells over to Greef and Cara who stand beside the door.

She hooks her arms under his armpits and holds him up, dragging him back as she grits her teeth trying to ignore the burning sensation. Kit pulls him inside and leans him up against one of the fallen benches as the others run in after them.

Greef locks the door as Cara helps Kit, "Stay with me, buddy. We're gonna get you outta here."

"This is our only way out. Can you clear it?" Greef asks.

IG sets down the Child and looks at Greef, "If you go near this Child, I will have no choice but to kill you."

Greef nods, "I understand," He exclaims, "Can you do anything to move the grate?"

"Yes, of course." He begins to work on the grate as Greef returns to the others.

"I'm not gonna make it. Go." Din says weekly turning his head to face Cara.

"Shut up. You just got your bell rung. You'll be fine."

"Leave me."

"We're not leaving you, okay, Tin-Man, you listening to me?" Kit asks.

Cara slowly pulls her hand out from behind his head to see its coated in blood, Kit's face drops when she spots the crimson colour, "Go." He says again.

"We're not- we're not leaving you." She says clenching her jaw to stop her voice from cracking.

Cara reaches for the helmet, "I'm gonna need to take this thing off."

Din grabs her hands harshly making her flinch, "No," He says shaking his head weakly, "You leave me. You make sure the Child is safe. Here."

He pulls off a necklace and hands it over to Kit, "When you get to the Mandalorian covert, you show them that. You tell them it's from Din Djarin. You tell them the foundling was in my protection, and they'll help you."

Kit pushes it back towards him, "We can make it. We just got, uh- we have to... I-I can, umm..." She looks around desperately trying to form some sort of plan or idea.

Din grabs her hands that tremble in front of her, "I'm not gonna make it, and you know it."

She stares down at him, her eyes sad and lip trembling, she bites down hard on her lip drawing blood, a blast of fire bursts through the window, Cara moves to cover the Child as Kit throws her body over Din to protect him.

"You protect the Child," He says folding her hands around the necklace, "I can hold them back long enough for you to escape. Let me have a warrior's death."

"I'm not letting you have any kind of death," She says firmly as she grabs his hand, "I can't lose- I can't lose another person, I won't." She says, stubbornly turning her head upwards.

"This is the Way."

She stares down at him, head shaking slowly as he looks back at her, "Din..." She whispers brokenly.

Despite the situation he smiles beneath the helmet as she says his name, so soft that he barley heard it, "Protect him," He says nodding, "Save the kid, save yourself."

"I'm saving you, too."

"You can't save everyone." He reasons.

Another wave of fire breaks in, she covers him with her own body, sweat trickling down her forehead from the heat. She looks up to see the Child holding off the fire, giving him a little help she holds her hand up and flicks the Stormtrooper away.

"Come on! It's open, let's go!" Greef yells.

"Go. Go."

Kit stays in place, looking down at him, "We have to move. Now!"

IG-11 grabs the Child, Greef and Cara look back at Kit who is still kneeling beside Din, "Go."

She shakes her head again and he pushes her away, "Go."

Cara walks over and lifts her up, she fights her off and kneels back beside him taking off her necklace that holds a Crystal, she wraps the string around his hand, "What is it?"

"It's a Kyber Crystal," She tells him as she looks at the plain crystal, "My father gave it to me, he told me, that when I was ready, I can make my own lightsabre, I won't be ready," She shakes her head, "Not until you're with me."

She places her hands on either side of his helmet and he tenses, but she makes no move to take it off. Instead she leans forward and places a small peck where is forehead would be then leans back.

Cara lifts her up from the floor again and she allows herself to get lead away, her eyes still on Din, "Escape and protect this child. I will stay with the Mandalorian." The droid tells them.

"Promise me you'll bring him." Kit says finally tuning away from Din to look at IG-11.

"You have my word."