Chapter 1

I grab my coffee off the table and sit down on my chair and look out over the city in front of my apartment. I am part of the Red Bull racing junior team in formula 2 and I've been racing and training with them for almost 6 years. This is my fourth year in F2 and I'm currently a few points behind the leader of the current 2019 season. I don't really know the other F2 drivers because they don't really like the fact that a girl is beating them so I never considered being friends with them since most of them don't like me.

I place my coffee back on the table and answer my phone that's ringing next to me. "Hello?" I answer. "Hello. Is this Hannah Van Staden?" I hear. "Yes this is her." I reply. "I work for Christian Horner. He would like to meet you to discuss a future in Red Bull's F1 team." The lady says. I almost drop my phone. "Ok, great. When will the meeting be?" I ask. "How does Tuesday morning sound? You can come to the office around 9am. Is that fine?" She asks. "Perfect." I say, smiling. "Great. I'll see you in two days." She says and puts down the phone. I look out my apartment window and try to calm my excitement as I phone my manager, Liam.

~

"Hi mom. How are you doing?" I ask. "I'm great. We are all very excited to watch you race this weekend. This could be the race that puts you first in the championship." She says. Very excitedly. "Yeah. I'm very excited but also just as excited about my meeting tomorrow about my future at the Red Bull F1 team." I say smiling as I hear a loud gasp through the speaker. "Formula 1? Oh my gosh! Hannah that's such great news. Darryl did you hear that? Hannah is going to race in formula 1 next year." I hear her yell too my dad. "What? Thats fantastic." I hear my dad yell. "It's not guaranteed yet. I'll let you know for sure after my meeting tomorrow. I have to go to training now but I'll talk to you soon. Bye mom. Love you." I say.

After putting down the phone I wipe a tear from my eye. My parents live in South Africa, which is where I was born and raised. I moved to Europe when I was moving up in the karting championship. I moved here with my dad about 9 years ago when I was 10 and he stayed here with me, away from my mom, for all those years and moved back 2 years ago after I turned 17 and could live on my own. That's one thing about my dad that I will always be thankful for. Uprooting his life and leaving my mom for 7 years to help me pursue my dreams. I miss South Africa a lot but moving here was the best for my career and look where it has gotten me. A possible F1 career.

I arrive at the Red Bull head office and walk through the doors to the front desk, my manager following me. "Hello, how may I help you?" The nice lady at the front desk says. "Hi. My name is Hannah Van Staden. I'm here for a meeting with Christian Horner." I say and she nods her head. "Right this way." She says getting up. I follow her down corridor after corridor eventually ending up at a door. She knocks and walks in. "Christian, this is Hannah Van Staden." She says. "Ok thank you." He says looking at her and she walks out the room. "Come, sit. Hello." He says. Shaking my hand as I greet him and sit down. "So let's talk about the 2020 season." Christian says with a smile.

________________________________
Hi everyone. I just want to say that I will try to update this book as much as possible and as quickly as possible. The updates might be slow and I'm here to apologize in advance for that. Hope you enjoy 😊